• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:10
CEST 10:10
KST 17:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9943 users

The Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 319

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 317 318 319 320 321 432 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action.
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
September 01 2012 20:34 GMT
#6361
On September 01 2012 11:23 Nordmo wrote:
In PvP How many colossus should I get?

Just played a game where I had 4 bases and the other guy had 2 and we were both maxed but he had 11 colussus and I had 7. Suppose I stop making them to early.

But at what point should you stop making them? 14?


never stop making them. If you have to kill ur zealots to get more collosus. At around 180 supply i start teching to mothership. get around 4-5 phoenix and 3-4 obs
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
September 01 2012 21:49 GMT
#6362
You guys can check out the Creator vs Sting recap I wrote which has a lot of strategical analysis of the PvT match-up. Make sure you watch TSL too!
Moderator
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-01 22:30:57
September 01 2012 22:30 GMT
#6363
You sir, are made of essence of awesomeness.

Speaking of today's games,+ Show Spoiler +
why would Creator move out on Ohana with his initial stalkers after fending off the initial banshee, since if Terran goes cloak they usually get at least two banshees?
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
September 01 2012 22:39 GMT
#6364
Great write up, Monk. Thank you.
KT best KT ~ 2014
DestinedOne
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada84 Posts
September 01 2012 22:46 GMT
#6365
I've been having a lot of trouble in the PvT matchup. I have decided to stop using my outdated 2 base colossus push, and am thinking of what style I want to adopt. I'd just like to know if it's still viable to use templar-first strategies, and maybe if you could direct me to any good replays or build-orders that still work. Thank you very much in advance!
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-01 22:47:12
September 01 2012 22:47 GMT
#6366
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364130 is as safe and reliable as it gets.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
September 01 2012 22:47 GMT
#6367
Where is this write up? I can't find it in your post history Monk :/
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
September 01 2012 22:48 GMT
#6368
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=365305 it's in the news section.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
September 02 2012 20:02 GMT
#6369
Question: I'm having a TON of trouble beating proxy 2-gates and 1-gate/cannon rushes in PvP. Can anyone give me some solid advice or point me to a good guide?

Thanks!
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
Tao367
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom324 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 20:11:43
September 02 2012 20:59 GMT
#6370
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
September 02 2012 21:08 GMT
#6371
On September 03 2012 05:02 SC2John wrote:
Question: I'm having a TON of trouble beating proxy 2-gates and 1-gate/cannon rushes in PvP. Can anyone give me some solid advice or point me to a good guide?

Thanks!


Learn the places on different maps people like to proxy on. If you gate scout, check the perimeter of your base and all of these spots before you enter theirs.

When you do scout it, drop a forge or a second gate. Entirely preference. From that point build a cannon in your mineral line/micro zealots with 1-2 probes pulled for the initial zealot. If you choose to cannon yourself, don't stop producing zealots. Keep tabs on their gateways or their main base with your scout and check when they drop the core/cut zealots. There isn't much to it.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
September 03 2012 19:39 GMT
#6372
So I'm just starting to ladder again after nearly a year off. What are 3 solid macro builds (one for each matchup?)
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
September 03 2012 19:53 GMT
#6373
On August 24 2012 10:52 supers wrote:
Can someone recommend me a PvP build that can counter the Colossus race that seems to happen in every PvP game I play? It's always who can get the most colossus.

Blink obs! Pretty dang good and well documented style of play.
Tao367
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom324 Posts
September 03 2012 20:11 GMT
#6374
On September 04 2012 04:39 See.Blue wrote:
So I'm just starting to ladder again after nearly a year off. What are 3 solid macro builds (one for each matchup?)


pvz ffe

pvp no "macro" build as you know it, 3 gate robo is best

pvt 1 gate fe
Absurd Bunny
Profile Joined June 2011
168 Posts
September 03 2012 20:47 GMT
#6375
So I'm thinking of switching to Protoss, I have been playing Terran for a while and have been playing Toss recently, still deciding on making a switch.
I've been thinking of switching races a lot as I'm still in platinum league, and I want to main just one race and try to make it to masters, so I just want to find the most fun race for me and play it 99% of the time, unless I decide to have fun and maybe play another race when I feel like it, when I'm not playing serious, and I want to try Protoss. (either maining Protoss or Terran, I can play Zerg well but it's not fun for me, I can play all of these at the same level.)
Going back on topic, there are a lot of things I want to do as Protoss, and have a bunch of questions already on a lot of the matchups.

1. This is probably the question I want answered most: what is the best FE builds on each matchup? I know FFE vs Zerg is the best for me, but I don't really know the best for PvT, and especially PvP (a lot of 1 base bulids, and all ins) that are more safe than risky, and can get a good transition into the mid game.

2. Kinda has to do with part 1, but what are good transitions from FE builds, I've seen some of these on Liquipedia, but they don't tell me timings and food counts, which would be good to know so I can keep track where I'm supposed to be. I know of a few transitions from things like FFE, like stargate and get void ray and phoenix, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to do next and what I should transition into, I also see people do a 6 gate timing, but I don't know if it's all in or not and if there's a transiton or not and what I should transition into, which is confusing me very much.

3. What are some good 1 base rushes or 2 base all ins that I can learn? I don't really want to do them that much, but if there's a matchup I don't like, or a map I don't like, or I'm really angry and just want to win, I kind of want to know some builds that I should try and maybe if my opponent is doing this what to look out for and come up with a counter against it. I'd like as many as possible for each matchup, but if there isn't a lot or there is I want the best ones for each matchup that are maybe harder to read and have a better chance of winning than the other.

4. I've seen a lot of PvP Blink Stalker builds, but I don't know if they're the same or they are all different, but they look very interesting and I want to try some of them out, was wondering if they are still viable since the 1.5.0 patch, because I don't really see them used anymore, there are big transitions go on that I don't know about, was wondering if there was a guide to any build of this type.
Sorry for being pretty long, just want to know Protoss better, and hope these can be answered. Thanks!
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
September 03 2012 21:27 GMT
#6376
On September 04 2012 05:47 Absurd Bunny wrote:
So I'm thinking of switching to Protoss, I have been playing Terran for a while and have been playing Toss recently, still deciding on making a switch.
I've been thinking of switching races a lot as I'm still in platinum league, and I want to main just one race and try to make it to masters, so I just want to find the most fun race for me and play it 99% of the time, unless I decide to have fun and maybe play another race when I feel like it, when I'm not playing serious, and I want to try Protoss. (either maining Protoss or Terran, I can play Zerg well but it's not fun for me, I can play all of these at the same level.)
Going back on topic, there are a lot of things I want to do as Protoss, and have a bunch of questions already on a lot of the matchups.

1. This is probably the question I want answered most: what is the best FE builds on each matchup? I know FFE vs Zerg is the best for me, but I don't really know the best for PvT, and especially PvP (a lot of 1 base bulids, and all ins) that are more safe than risky, and can get a good transition into the mid game.

2. Kinda has to do with part 1, but what are good transitions from FE builds, I've seen some of these on Liquipedia, but they don't tell me timings and food counts, which would be good to know so I can keep track where I'm supposed to be. I know of a few transitions from things like FFE, like stargate and get void ray and phoenix, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to do next and what I should transition into, I also see people do a 6 gate timing, but I don't know if it's all in or not and if there's a transiton or not and what I should transition into, which is confusing me very much.

3. What are some good 1 base rushes or 2 base all ins that I can learn? I don't really want to do them that much, but if there's a matchup I don't like, or a map I don't like, or I'm really angry and just want to win, I kind of want to know some builds that I should try and maybe if my opponent is doing this what to look out for and come up with a counter against it. I'd like as many as possible for each matchup, but if there isn't a lot or there is I want the best ones for each matchup that are maybe harder to read and have a better chance of winning than the other.

4. I've seen a lot of PvP Blink Stalker builds, but I don't know if they're the same or they are all different, but they look very interesting and I want to try some of them out, was wondering if they are still viable since the 1.5.0 patch, because I don't really see them used anymore, there are big transitions go on that I don't know about, was wondering if there was a guide to any build of this type.
Sorry for being pretty long, just want to know Protoss better, and hope these can be answered. Thanks!


Your questions aren't that simple, especially since you're asking for a lot of subjective suggestions (i.e. "best" or "good" builds). I'll give you a few quick opinions though.

1. For PvT you will want to do a 1 gate FE. The most common ones involve 1 gas, zealot -> stalker -> nexus at around 24 or 26 supply. Then add 2 additional gates and a robo. I know you're probably looking for an exact build order, but I'm a firm believer that blindly following build orders is bad and that you need to know why you do certain build orders and how to adjust them. For example, if I scout a gasless expand from the terran I'm going to allocate chronos to nexus, and delay the additional gateways. If I see a tech lab, I'm going to use all my chronos on warpgate tech and delay the robo. If I see a wall/bunker, I'm going to get a robo asap, before the 2 additional gateways.

For PvP, don't try to learn fast expand builds. They are much harder to pull off and aren't necessary to use even at the highest level of play.

2. This is an extremely open ended question. You're basically asking, "how should I play starcraft?" Watch some replays, see what you like for yourself. You do not need to worry about specific timings at this point. If you want to keep it simple, you can transition to colossus in all matchups. In PvZ and PvT, you'll probably end up doing some sort of build that involves an expansion, then a robo. You should start your colossus bay soon after the robo finishes - if you don't feel safe, make some immortals/sentries/stalkers first, otherwise immediately put down the bay and make sure your robo is continually making colossus for the rest of the game. In PvP, the same applies except cut out the expansion part.

3. You can 4 gate your way to masters in every matchup. DT rushing can also get you a few cheap wins.

4. Yes, blink is still extremely common in PvP. On maps where it's easy to blink into your opponent's map (ex. cloud kingdom, ohana, shakuras, etc.), try searching up a blink obs build. On maps where it's not as easy (ex. daybreak, entombed valley), just go straight for blink and skip the robo. Again, don't worry too much about "transitions" at this point. If you can't kill your opponent because he's massed immortals, just go back to your base, expand, and start teching to colossus. If your opponent tries to attack you before you're ready with colossus, then go for the base trade (keep an observer to see when he's moving out).
SharkBait
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States36 Posts
September 03 2012 22:06 GMT
#6377
What is a general build order for 1g FE against zerg?
Shark Bait Ooohhaha!
Roadog
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada1670 Posts
September 03 2012 22:31 GMT
#6378
On September 04 2012 07:06 SharkBait wrote:
What is a general build order for 1g FE against zerg?


No one 1gate FEs against Zerg. FFE.
(Wiki)http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Forge Fast Expansion (vs. Zerg)

If you really, really want to 1gate FE against Zerg, you can pick up the (Wiki)http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gate Nexus YufFE (vs. Zerg)

or the
1 Gate 1 Assim FE
sOs fan. Zerg just seem to have the most...potential. Dubbo Robo Colo! Why I play Protoss: Stalkers, bacon, toilets and mama -- Chelsea FC
rbals0282
Profile Joined May 2012
United States27 Posts
September 03 2012 22:45 GMT
#6379
you know when's the most frustrating moments in pvp?

You have a major collosus batttle near your base and you basically destroy the opponent's army and then you think it's an EASY win and go into their base without knowing that I don't have an observer with me and then I see my units dying so gayly quickly and I'm like 'oh shit dts....' and I come back to my base, trying to chrono obs but that's when basically all my army is dead and he comes in with archon zealots....

I mean I try to keep this situation in mind and day [9]'s rhyme 'when behind, dark shrine' but this happens once in a while and it's really frustrating haha

anyways, one question... What's a good counter to archon O.o..... immortals?
protoss ftw
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
September 04 2012 00:03 GMT
#6380
On September 04 2012 07:31 Roadog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 07:06 SharkBait wrote:
What is a general build order for 1g FE against zerg?


No one 1gate FEs against Zerg. FFE.
(Wiki)http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Forge Fast Expansion (vs. Zerg)

If you really, really want to 1gate FE against Zerg, you can pick up the (Wiki)http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Gate Nexus YufFE (vs. Zerg)

or the
1 Gate 1 Assim FE


You forgot the Adonminus variation of the Yuffie.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315275
KT best KT ~ 2014
Prev 1 317 318 319 320 321 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1091
Larva 421
Stork 325
ggaemo 300
Leta 196
PianO 142
Hyuk 30
ZergMaN 25
Bale 24
Killer 18
[ Show more ]
yabsab 17
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Reynor68
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King193
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor865
Other Games
summit1g9932
C9.Mang0259
Sick186
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt532
• Jankos406
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 51m
Online Event
2h 51m
FEL
7h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.