• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9884 users

[G] Matiz's Broodlord oriented ZvP. - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
FlaminGinjaNinja
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom879 Posts
May 20 2011 08:13 GMT
#41
It's a nice build, but it feels like you are relying on the toss to not attack before you have your broodlords out. As zerg you can easily max out 200/200 before the toss, and then the longer you wait the bigger the deathball becomes. I've been favouring almost pure roach with a lot of infestors to combat the deathball, maybe some hydras if they have a stargate.

I've seen ROOTDestiny useing Broodlords very effectivly in ZvP with a rediculous number of infestors for NP and mass fungal.

Overall a very nice build but i prefer to rely on infestors instead of hopeing to get out Broods
GinjaNinja.661 EU I'd like to thank my sh*t keyyboard for always messing up my 'Y's
Matiz_pl
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland163 Posts
May 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#42
It's rellying on ling roach hydra to beat everything before critical amount of collosi show up and then broods are required and nothing else (except ultra infestor) works vs them.
"Competitive gaming consists of one and only one rule. You use what wins. " - FuumaMonou
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
May 20 2011 17:18 GMT
#43
On May 21 2011 00:56 Matiz_pl wrote:
It's rellying on ling roach hydra to beat everything before critical amount of collosi show up and then broods are required and nothing else (except ultra infestor) works vs them.


Are you the Matiz from Supcom Ladder?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Aerodynamic27
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada115 Posts
May 20 2011 19:06 GMT
#44
Very good good matiz! i was clueless in ZvP for very long, and this gave me a good game plan to follow!

btw i remember you back in the RA3 days, good times :D
Matiz_pl
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland163 Posts
May 21 2011 11:43 GMT
#45
Yeah im from supcom ladder, u played supcom as antisocial? I think i remember such player, the member of my clan xd!
"Competitive gaming consists of one and only one rule. You use what wins. " - FuumaMonou
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
May 21 2011 13:46 GMT
#46
On May 21 2011 20:43 Matiz_pl wrote:
Yeah im from supcom ladder, u played supcom as antisocial? I think i remember such player, the member of my clan xd!


Nah, I wasn't that one in your clan cuz I was bad (I blame lag, as in the lag that Supcom had where 1 real game second went from 1 second to 5 seconds as you played).

I remember watching some of your 2v2 games in FA. I think one of them was vs TLO and TBO and quite ridiculous. We should start an ex-Supcom thing in TL since I know Sir Loui lurked around here dunno if anyone else good like _PINK or BrainSteel are into SCII.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
May 21 2011 21:25 GMT
#47
I think this is what zerg needs instead of just more build orders. It needs to think critically about how we compose our armies when skill levels and bases are equal. We can't always be 2-3 bases ahead of the protoss and then expect our tech to beat the colussus. Zerg can also take the defensive against the expanding and teching protoss player and end up with powerful brood lords.

In short: This gave me a very easy win as a diamond against a master level protoss on Scrap Station. And that's a small map where I was pinned 2 bases to 3 for a little while.

Thanks for coming up with this composition as it is obviously very strong.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Matiz_pl
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland163 Posts
May 22 2011 11:14 GMT
#48
On May 22 2011 06:25 Advocado wrote:
I think this is what zerg needs instead of just more build orders. It needs to think critically about how we compose our armies when skill levels and bases are equal. We can't always be 2-3 bases ahead of the protoss and then expect our tech to beat the colussus. Zerg can also take the defensive against the expanding and teching protoss player and end up with powerful brood lords.

In short: This gave me a very easy win as a diamond against a master level protoss on Scrap Station. And that's a small map where I was pinned 2 bases to 3 for a little while.

Thanks for coming up with this composition as it is obviously very strong.


Indeed, in this build zerg can expand actually like in broodwar and is able to be 2 bases ahead which is huge.
"Competitive gaming consists of one and only one rule. You use what wins. " - FuumaMonou
Matiz_pl
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland163 Posts
May 22 2011 19:49 GMT
#49
I played 2 very good games vs Nerchio's protoss and I think it proved that the builid is viable. He didn't want replays to be posted though. I also played two top50 Grandmaster protosses today, turned out to be pretty good games im adding them to OP

http://www.sc2rep.com/replays/(P)Bischu_vs_(Z)RGlMatiz_shakuras_plateau_sc2rep_com_20110522/8653

http://www.sc2rep.com/replays/(Z)RGlMatiz_vs_(P)Farmer_shakuras_plateau_sc2rep_com_20110522/8654
"Competitive gaming consists of one and only one rule. You use what wins. " - FuumaMonou
Syntaxs
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany57 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-24 14:59:15
May 24 2011 14:57 GMT
#50
He slapped many players with this build, while i was watching.
He tought me a lot of the build and how it works, with his help my ZvP improved that much, that i actually was GLAD to face a Protoss! Before it was like 20% win rate now i am 65%+, still doing big mistakes, but this build works very well. I really recommend it, but you need to have a good ammount of APM to scout and handle everything else.

I'm glad that he posted the build now and goes for coaching and streams.
and Gratulations for Exams!

-Syntaxs

Edit1: This build DOESNT RELY on the Opponent not to attack, you can defend every attack BUT the perfect way is IF the Protoss doesnt attack. But if he attacks he sets himself behind, but forces you to make units instead of getting 4+ bases running and as many drones as you want.
Proud Hero Member of bebep.pureforum.net
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
May 24 2011 15:55 GMT
#51
On May 23 2011 04:49 Matiz_pl wrote:
I played 2 very good games vs Nerchio's protoss and I think it proved that the builid is viable. He didn't want replays to be posted though. I also played two top50 Grandmaster protosses today, turned out to be pretty good games im adding them to OP

http://www.sc2rep.com/replays/(P)Bischu_vs_(Z)RGlMatiz_shakuras_plateau_sc2rep_com_20110522/8653

http://www.sc2rep.com/replays/(Z)RGlMatiz_vs_(P)Farmer_shakuras_plateau_sc2rep_com_20110522/8654



Your game against the first protoss showcased a nice deathball against mass voidray. He could have been a lot more active during the game.

Second game was really good. It's pretty clear that once you get a base advantage and kill the colussus that the protoss army can't keep up.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
kirdie
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany221 Posts
May 24 2011 22:33 GMT
#52
Can you tell how you do hotkeys and formations? All roaches on one hotkey, hydras on another and so on or multiple hotkeys with different units for flanking?
Matiz_pl
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland163 Posts
May 25 2011 13:38 GMT
#53
The funny thing is that i used 1 a move all the time. I recently just redesigned my hotkeys cuz they were nooby and now it is 2 whole army, 3 infestors and 1 group of roach hydra to do the flanking
"Competitive gaming consists of one and only one rule. You use what wins. " - FuumaMonou
loveeholicce
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Korea (South)785 Posts
May 25 2011 13:45 GMT
#54
Very construcitve build. If you can deny the scouts and ealry pressure, i think this build will have a huge impact in ZvP. If you play aggressive and abuse protoss's ealry stage of being vunerable, i think by the time his 200/200 or even 150/200 kicks in, you would be getting your bl out on time to fight against the deathball. Continous army trade with protoss should get you into a good spot to get broodlords without any hesitation.
상처받은 그대에 가슴에 사랑을 심어줄께요♥
CtrlAltDefeat
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel106 Posts
May 27 2011 13:27 GMT
#55
I'm starting to use this build and like it so far.
How would you tweak the build for when a third is not available (i.e rocks), what time around to start making lings to take the rocks down?
Also I have some trouble when toss goes relatively quick stargate (like right after expo) and denies the third for a long time (because of slow lair I can't make hydras, and many times I can't see the stargate without ovie speed/overseer).
EvilZergling
Profile Joined September 2010
United States194 Posts
May 27 2011 14:56 GMT
#56
After several games of practice to get the timings of this build down I took it on the ladder.

I must say, I didn't think it was going to work but it's working so so well that I have received many BM messages from my opponents on how zerg is so OP hah.

Thanks for sharing!!
CC first, or die trying. [http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438152#11]
theMarkovian
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands183 Posts
May 30 2011 09:02 GMT
#57
I've been doing this for a couple of days now, and it feels really good (at 900 diamond). The timings line up nicely where you can switch from hardcore teching/droning to mass unit production (with slower tech) to stop those annoying pushes. I still gg'd a couple of games I shouldn't have because I underestimated the roach/ling/hydra production you get from 3bases and how well it kills anything without Colossus. I quit to soon when I see the Protoss walking up onto my creep in the midgame while I have next to no units :S I need better macro under pressure!

Once you have Broodlords, the fun stuff begins, as you have a ball that can actually fight the Protoss ball. And the mass expanding for gas feels rediculously awesome.
Hit me up ingame! ID: Markovian.126; Diamond@EU
Venomsflame
Profile Joined February 2011
United States613 Posts
May 30 2011 09:23 GMT
#58
I really don't think this is the next big thing at all. The OP states the IDEAL SITUATION for a zerg player. Yeah, taking a quick third and being greedy while not dying is awesome. But if you have six(SIX) running bases that are operational by 19 minutes in, you can go mass ultra or pure roach infestor or broodlords and win. The composition isn't revolutionary(roaches/infestor/broodlord/corruptor is again usually the ideal end game composition for Zerg against protoss if they can afford it) and the OP seems to think having a huge economic advantage is a given as a zerg.

That said, your playstyle in the replays is very strong. As a player I think you pull off being greedy against toss very well and this type of timings will crush a "turtle toss." I also like the descriptions of your play in stages to introduce your own certain thought processes and the description of the game flow.
Firesemi
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia87 Posts
May 30 2011 09:27 GMT
#59
I keep losing to early meta game big pushes :<:<
Hile
theMarkovian
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands183 Posts
May 30 2011 09:58 GMT
#60
On May 30 2011 18:23 Venomsflame wrote:
I really don't think this is the next big thing at all.


It's not, but is a very nice guide to timings. If you do this build and scout some form of early/midgame aggression, you can respond to it very well by just switching from droning to units, as you always have the tech ready to beat every kind of push. +1 Roaches for 6Gate, Hydra's for Immortal/Gateway pushes or Stargate/Gateway play, Spire just in time for some Corruptors vs. 2base Colossus timings and Broodlords at a time where normally, the Forcefield/4Colossus army spirals out of control.

What I have played currently, I feel it is a build on the edge of greediness, without taking gambles/risks.
Hit me up ingame! ID: Markovian.126; Diamond@EU
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft294
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft294
ViBE133
CosmosSc2 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1908
Shuttle 546
Artosis 496
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever680
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox397
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5720
Other Games
summit1g7867
shahzam584
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0258
Maynarde120
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick861
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen123
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 42m
Stellar Fest
12h 42m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.