• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:18
CEST 17:18
KST 00:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9046 users

[G/D] Reactive Terran Air TvP - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
policymaker
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 18:07:12
May 30 2011 17:45 GMT
#41
anything that makes platinum beat GM twice in a row deserves attention. will check asap.


watched the reps, really nice concept, second GM scouted fullybut failed to realise builds strength. Will catch many many players off guard.
Hardcore gamer/Hellenic Community Enthusiast
IzieBoy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States865 Posts
May 30 2011 17:45 GMT
#42
On May 30 2011 04:39 d1o wrote:
I've faced Sky Terrans few times. First time I was completely destroyed. I thought blink stalkers will do okay. How wrong i was...

Second time I went phoenix archon and charge-zealots as mineral sink. Also researched speed for observers. Phoenixes shut down any heavy banshee play. Just need to build more observers, they get sniped all the time.


archons from DTs? or HTs?
Let's Do This! Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 18:06:47
May 30 2011 18:02 GMT
#43
On May 31 2011 02:45 IzieBoy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2011 04:39 d1o wrote:
I've faced Sky Terrans few times. First time I was completely destroyed. I thought blink stalkers will do okay. How wrong i was...

Second time I went phoenix archon and charge-zealots as mineral sink. Also researched speed for observers. Phoenixes shut down any heavy banshee play. Just need to build more observers, they get sniped all the time.


archons from DTs? or HTs?

wldnt BCs own this neways? yamato for archons, hellions to deal with zealot harass
Skarbek
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom7 Posts
May 31 2011 07:01 GMT
#44
I gave this a go on ladder yesterday with great success. I modified the build slightly so I was transitioning from cloaked banshee harass into the composition given by the OP. My opponent didn't really scout much as his obs was taken out by my marines/raven, and he ended up going blink stalkers. When I pushed out at about the 14 minute mark we had similar sized armies but mine just tore through his. Great composition, the PDDs work a treat!

Thanks for sharing the build, I'm going to keep trying it on ladder and may post a few replays.
J-C-erloeser
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany55 Posts
May 31 2011 13:29 GMT
#45
day9daily307 - take home massage:
if he goes air just fucking kill him ^^

i.e. the translation of idra into toss would be to use warpgates and herrass with warping in all kind of stuff from different angles.
i like turtles
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
May 31 2011 13:33 GMT
#46
On May 31 2011 22:29 J-C-erloeser wrote:
day9daily307 - take home massage:
if he goes air just fucking kill him ^^

i.e. the translation of idra into toss would be to use warpgates and herrass with warping in all kind of stuff from different angles.

doesnt change anything? hellions/air is fairly mobile
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 14:18:20
May 31 2011 13:40 GMT
#47
Now that I have time Im gonna try refine this build abit

btw, do you continue hellion harass thruout?

also ghosts can be used to EMP BCs in case of HT
Devlawl
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia122 Posts
May 31 2011 14:31 GMT
#48
On May 31 2011 22:40 thoradycus wrote:
Now that I have time Im gonna try refine this build abit

btw, do you continue hellion harass thruout?

also ghosts can be used to EMP BCs in case of HT


I try my best to hellion harass throughout but I don't just sac the hellions needlessly. Also I use the hellions a lot to scout their army movements and expansions.

True I saw Boxer emp his BCs to prevent feedback in nasl, pretty cool idea.
Life is cruel and then you die.
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
May 31 2011 14:33 GMT
#49
On May 31 2011 23:31 Devlawl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 22:40 thoradycus wrote:
Now that I have time Im gonna try refine this build abit

btw, do you continue hellion harass thruout?

also ghosts can be used to EMP BCs in case of HT


I try my best to hellion harass throughout but I don't just sac the hellions needlessly. Also I use the hellions a lot to scout their army movements and expansions.

True I saw Boxer emp his BCs to prevent feedback in nasl, pretty cool idea.

when do u build additional factories
Devlawl
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia122 Posts
May 31 2011 14:45 GMT
#50
On May 31 2011 23:33 thoradycus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 23:31 Devlawl wrote:
On May 31 2011 22:40 thoradycus wrote:
Now that I have time Im gonna try refine this build abit

btw, do you continue hellion harass thruout?

also ghosts can be used to EMP BCs in case of HT


I try my best to hellion harass throughout but I don't just sac the hellions needlessly. Also I use the hellions a lot to scout their army movements and expansions.

True I saw Boxer emp his BCs to prevent feedback in nasl, pretty cool idea.

when do u build additional factories


Usually after my third cc is started or after the third starport is finished and armory upgrades have started.
Life is cruel and then you die.
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
May 31 2011 14:46 GMT
#51
On May 31 2011 23:45 Devlawl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 23:33 thoradycus wrote:
On May 31 2011 23:31 Devlawl wrote:
On May 31 2011 22:40 thoradycus wrote:
Now that I have time Im gonna try refine this build abit

btw, do you continue hellion harass thruout?

also ghosts can be used to EMP BCs in case of HT


I try my best to hellion harass throughout but I don't just sac the hellions needlessly. Also I use the hellions a lot to scout their army movements and expansions.

True I saw Boxer emp his BCs to prevent feedback in nasl, pretty cool idea.

when do u build additional factories


Usually after my third cc is started or after the third starport is finished and armory upgrades have started.

Btw do u upgrade vehicles? How many armories u get
Devlawl
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia122 Posts
May 31 2011 14:51 GMT
#52
On May 31 2011 23:46 thoradycus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 23:45 Devlawl wrote:
On May 31 2011 23:33 thoradycus wrote:
On May 31 2011 23:31 Devlawl wrote:
On May 31 2011 22:40 thoradycus wrote:
Now that I have time Im gonna try refine this build abit

btw, do you continue hellion harass thruout?

also ghosts can be used to EMP BCs in case of HT


I try my best to hellion harass throughout but I don't just sac the hellions needlessly. Also I use the hellions a lot to scout their army movements and expansions.

True I saw Boxer emp his BCs to prevent feedback in nasl, pretty cool idea.

when do u build additional factories


Usually after my third cc is started or after the third starport is finished and armory upgrades have started.

Btw do u upgrade vehicles? How many armories u get


The only vehicle upgrade I get is blue flame usually. Usually I get two armories for double air upgrades.

Lately I've been considering not getting a second armory until my third is up and only upgrading air damage to begin with. It might allow me to expo a bit faster and get additional starports and factories faster.
Life is cruel and then you die.
freetgy
Profile Joined November 2010
1720 Posts
May 31 2011 14:55 GMT
#53
Great Strategy, i just want to add that you need to play with the informationdeficit the Protoss has.
Banshees are really powerful (almost same dps as Charged Voidrays, for alot less cost)
rebotfc
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom144 Posts
May 31 2011 15:26 GMT
#54
I'm interested in the 2nd GM game, the complaining in the chat at the end of it seemed to indicate that there was to be a rematch? Did this go ahead, did he manage to stop you?
Devlawl
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia122 Posts
May 31 2011 15:43 GMT
#55
On June 01 2011 00:26 rebotfc wrote:
I'm interested in the 2nd GM game, the complaining in the chat at the end of it seemed to indicate that there was to be a rematch? Did this go ahead, did he manage to stop you?


Yes there was a rematch which was a lot closer. Basically he went for a 1gate expo even though he was saying four gate could beat me easily. I didn't notice his expo so I prepared for an all-in that didn't come and got a pretty late expo. I then deny his third but then overextend myself trying to crush his army and he comes out ahead in the major engagement. So he maintains his economic lead through to the late game where he gets HT out as well and I'm just too far behind to come back, gg.

I think I could have won the second game if I had noticed his early expo and got mine out quickly too as well as not overextending after denying his third.

I'll add the replay, if I can find it, if you like.
Life is cruel and then you die.
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
May 31 2011 16:00 GMT
#56
On June 01 2011 00:43 Devlawl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 00:26 rebotfc wrote:
I'm interested in the 2nd GM game, the complaining in the chat at the end of it seemed to indicate that there was to be a rematch? Did this go ahead, did he manage to stop you?


Yes there was a rematch which was a lot closer. Basically he went for a 1gate expo even though he was saying four gate could beat me easily. I didn't notice his expo so I prepared for an all-in that didn't come and got a pretty late expo. I then deny his third but then overextend myself trying to crush his army and he comes out ahead in the major engagement. So he maintains his economic lead through to the late game where he gets HT out as well and I'm just too far behind to come back, gg.

I think I could have won the second game if I had noticed his early expo and got mine out quickly too as well as not overextending after denying his third.

I'll add the replay, if I can find it, if you like.

just add every replay of the build
aaycumi
Profile Joined March 2011
England265 Posts
May 31 2011 18:42 GMT
#57
Pretty cool, but experimental.
To be honest I hate opening 2port banshee, too all-in with ASAP cloak. Prefer start select 2rax pressure with fast expand and then tech switch to 3port banshee/viking/raven mix, still producing from the two rax, once the second base's economy picks up.
You have ground control and the opponent will more than likely waste their time teching to Colossus and simply gg when they see the Banshee numbers, in lower leagues anyways.

Here's one for you, since you opponent with 2port banshee cloak, say your opponent just opens straight up with Phoenix harass and spots your going heavy banshee. Then throws down another Stargate and keeps going mass Phoenix while expanding, how do you deal with this?

And look for a build called the "anti-colossus" build its a 5port 2 base timing attack that synstar uses and I think he's in masters so could definitely get some good ideas from watching some of his replays for you own strategy.
Devlawl
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia122 Posts
May 31 2011 19:21 GMT
#58
On June 01 2011 03:42 aaycumi wrote:
Pretty cool, but experimental.
To be honest I hate opening 2port banshee, too all-in with ASAP cloak. Prefer start select 2rax pressure with fast expand and then tech switch to 3port banshee/viking/raven mix, still producing from the two rax, once the second base's economy picks up.
You have ground control and the opponent will more than likely waste their time teching to Colossus and simply gg when they see the Banshee numbers, in lower leagues anyways.

Here's one for you, since you opponent with 2port banshee cloak, say your opponent just opens straight up with Phoenix harass and spots your going heavy banshee. Then throws down another Stargate and keeps going mass Phoenix while expanding, how do you deal with this?

And look for a build called the "anti-colossus" build its a 5port 2 base timing attack that synstar uses and I think he's in masters so could definitely get some good ideas from watching some of his replays for you own strategy.


If they start straight up phoenix harass then I just defend with marines and pump a few vikings out and the harass threat is pretty much gone until I have two base where I will want to get some turrets so I can move out with my whole army. Also after expo I'll get cloak as their detection will be delayed and I'll do a bit of harass. On two base I'll have my third starport reactored and I've found that 1-1 or greater vikings plus pdd and marines deal with heavy phoenix play very easily, just check out some of the replays where I mention there is phoenix use.

I have seen Synystyr's thread and I'm sure his version works just as well but I prefer my opening . I don't think my version of 2port is all in at all as I tailor it depending on what I scout. I can speed up the expo significantly by going raven first and stopping hellion/marine production if I scout some sort of expansion build from the protoss and I can bunker up on one base and defend any all in. Not to mention if I see a lack of detection I can get cloak and do decent damage to the protoss.
Life is cruel and then you die.
lilky
Profile Joined January 2011
United States131 Posts
May 31 2011 21:13 GMT
#59
White Ra actually lost to some platinum noob who went mass Terran Air after being challenged. The guy claimed that he had an "invincible strategy" and bragged that he could beat White-Ra with it, so he played him and lost. The key thing about mass terran air is denying enemy detection.

If you keep a couple of vikings with a fleet of banshees, scan as soon as you engage the protoss. Observers take aggro, so the vikings will auto-snipe any observers within their 9 range. At that point, the protoss can either run or die. The only counter to this is MASS psi storm which is not viable because of the heavy gas cost and the amulet nerf. Cheers to you terran players for finding an invincible strategy
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
June 02 2011 11:10 GMT
#60
I just realised its about the same BO as iechoic's 112 build. Whats the advantages using that compared to this one
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 698
ComeBackTV 405
SteadfastSC348
Rex119
CosmosSc2 46
EnkiAlexander 43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 348
ProTech147
Rex 119
CosmosSc2 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44500
Jaedong 1177
Hyuk 1161
Soma 808
Mini 592
Horang2 559
BeSt 506
EffOrt 447
Soulkey 403
Larva 397
[ Show more ]
ZerO 284
Stork 270
Rush 256
Last 239
Snow 236
ggaemo 212
hero 77
Mind 59
Killer 53
Free 52
Sharp 33
Shinee 33
Terrorterran 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 23
Bale 21
yabsab 16
Rock 16
Trap 15
HiyA 15
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8575
qojqva1261
Dendi799
Counter-Strike
Fnx 780
x6flipin609
markeloff142
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2330
Khaldor1865
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2757
singsing2064
hiko918
B2W.Neo893
byalli421
Liquid`VortiX195
KnowMe119
QueenE82
Mew2King77
Trikslyr26
Railgan17
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile118
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1782
• Jankos1210
• TFBlade849
Other Games
• Shiphtur259
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 42m
OSC
21h 42m
Stellar Fest
21h 42m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.