• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:36
CEST 09:36
KST 16:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12422 users

[G] TvZ Cloaked Banshee rush - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Alexbeav
Profile Joined August 2010
Greece56 Posts
April 05 2011 07:26 GMT
#21
@ Staboteur thanks for the spoiler thingy, I'll edit my OP. About the not showing i'm better than my opponent, well there's always this micro thing with banshees. And I use my excess minerals for helions and expo at around the 4th batch of banshees. And it's a strategy game, most of us play for fun. I don't like short matches either, but this strategy is fun, to me, to use and currently that's what i'm looking for in the game.
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 07:30:09
April 05 2011 07:29 GMT
#22
On April 05 2011 16:26 Alexbeav wrote:
@ Staboteur thanks for the spoiler thingy, I'll edit my OP. About the not showing i'm better than my opponent, well there's always this micro thing with banshees. And I use my excess minerals for helions and expo at around the 4th batch of banshees. And it's a strategy game, most of us play for fun. I don't like short matches either, but this strategy is fun, to me, to use and currently that's what i'm looking for in the game.


No worries, bro!

I'm not judging, really. I've been working on a nydus roach/ling rush vT and vP that's comical straight up cheese, and makes me rofl in my pants. If I did it every single game, I'd be ashamed of myself... but there's nothing wrong with having a few cheeses up the sleeve, especially if they're responsive/situational cheeses such as yours.
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
April 05 2011 07:30 GMT
#23
I don't think this will usually work vs anything but mass speedling/baneling. I've never seen a zerg stay on that army comp long enough vs a 1 base terran for 3 or 4 banshees to come out.

Most of the zergs I face are also pretty wary of actively scouting instead of "oh he walled with depots, lets get mass banelings."

I wouldn't consider this very effective as a solid strategy. This could be used in a Bo7 or something, but definitely not normal gameplay.

im deaf
deji
Profile Joined October 2010
Estonia46 Posts
April 05 2011 07:55 GMT
#24
If I see T bunkering up on one base by poking at the ramp with early lings, I'm going to instantly put down my lair and tech, even if I don't get to scout anything with an OL.

Also two hellions without upgrades won't actually do any damage, unless your opponent overreacts and starts making roaches.

I'm sure this will work against some opponents, but 2-port cloaked banshee is an all-in, if he suspects it coming and defends it properly, the chances you can come back are minimal and would have to involve some sort of mistake by him. He can just go speedling+hydra/muta and use cheap lings to deny your expansion for a long time until you actually get enough ground units to push down your ramp, by which time his economic lead will be huge.
TheRealzz
Profile Joined November 2010
150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 08:06:27
April 05 2011 08:05 GMT
#25
On April 05 2011 15:59 Alexbeav wrote:
darkzuka you're missing the point, half this build is bluffing to con the zerg into thinking you're going for tanks and deny his scouting, and the other half is HAVING cloak when you reach his base. 4 queens TOGETHER and WITH detection are a problem, but that doesnt mean I can't just ignore them and take out the expo.

Foe91, yep this happens a lot. I rarely if ever stumble upon someone who doesnt rage when facing this build and losing, but hey these guys have baneling bust :D i just wanted to come up with a 'revenge tactic' and since cloaked units are my fav, I modified the 2 port banshee versus terran to work against zerg. I'll post replays later.



Revenge tactic very true ? But not NEW; faced this build transition into hellion harass NOW THATS infuriating ... You just defend the bancheese and start droning up and 3-4 hellion come flying in and clean your mineral line up ... F**K Y**U xD just expressing my rage not aimed at you. BTW :D.
One-base play is aggression ?
Exactable
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia263 Posts
April 05 2011 09:02 GMT
#26
I'd say skip the cloak. Banshees are quite effective vs queens especially early game where the natural isn't connected by creep and your harass is over for the most part when spore crawlers are out any way.
Alexbeav
Profile Joined August 2010
Greece56 Posts
April 05 2011 09:36 GMT
#27
If I'm pressed and need more banshees fast, then I'd skip the cloak. But usually, it pays off. I'll post a replay to demonstrate.
eu.exodus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
South Africa1186 Posts
April 05 2011 11:59 GMT
#28
On April 05 2011 18:02 Exactable wrote:
I'd say skip the cloak. Banshees are quite effective vs queens especially early game where the natural isn't connected by creep and your harass is over for the most part when spore crawlers are out any way.


i agree. Since you are relying on the zerg to go for ground units ie: roach/ling/bling, why not skip the cloak, research preigniter and go harrass his natural with hellions while your banshees eat his main or keep them back at your base to kite banelings and roast lings while your bunkered marines take care of his roaches?

If he manages to get an overseer out then your cloak is useless and you cant kill the it. In other words, a waste of 200gas. Also i think seeing blue flames will scare a zerg into going more roach heavy.

What do you think? Replay?
6 poll is a good skill toi have
AvengerAzrael
Profile Joined November 2010
Lebanon20 Posts
April 05 2011 12:18 GMT
#29
I'm very curious about this build seeing how I have a lot of trouble with Zerg. A few questions:

1) What is the timing that you hit with 4 banshees?
2) When do you throw your CC?
3) Do you constantly make Marines and Hellions even though you're making Banshees?
4) What are the chances of coming back if the build fails?
meiloAUT
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria41 Posts
April 05 2011 12:36 GMT
#30
Isnt this basiclly this build:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2_Port_Banshees_(vs._Terran) ?

I would love to see a replay to see the timings on this. It seems to me like the time you attack would be really close to the time the first Mutas spawn. I also dont understand the "trick the zerg" part. Hellions (especially no reactor/blueflame Hellions) always make me think Banshees and a CC/expo makes my mutas stronger (more places to hit + less marines).

How can you actually deny scouting with an Ovi, when your Marines are in a bunker?
Alexbeav
Profile Joined August 2010
Greece56 Posts
April 05 2011 12:57 GMT
#31
@ meiloAUT yes you are correct it's based on that build, as I mentioned before.

I'll reply to AvengerAzrael when I'm home in a couple of hours and also upload replays then. Patience fellas ! :D

the preigniter upgrade in lieu of the cloak is a good idea, precicely why I posted this build, so it can be improved :D will have to try it on the next no-luck zerg i meat :D (and that was an intentional spelling mistake)
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
April 05 2011 13:39 GMT
#32
well this build is really old, and well Im zerg and I lose to it quite a bit. but there is one thing I really like about it: if you hold it and then terran rages about zerg being so easy and he did so much damage and still lost indicating that he just doesnt get that THIS is an all-in that depends on zerg going for the wrong tech

another build in this direction would be building 4 barracks, getting 10-15 marines and throw them at your opponent including all your scvs, as zerg can only hold it with banelings

those kind of builds are making zerg's lives so hard, as they are blind fifty-fifty all-ins
dont get me wrong, this build isn't bad or OP, but once you play high diamond or better you will realise that it is a cross-your-fingers-that-it-is-you-who-wins-build.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
April 05 2011 14:41 GMT
#33
I do something similar feint thingi. Except instead of marines -> hellions -> banshee, I go 2 rax -> pretend expand but tech to 2 ports.

Zerg prepares for a FE from Terran but doesn't see the CC float out at the correct timing and has to crash tech to lair to not die.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Alexbeav
Profile Joined August 2010
Greece56 Posts
April 05 2011 15:20 GMT
#34
OK I'm a huge noob for asking this but...how do I post a replay ? I don't see the upload option anywhere ? :S
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 15:42:34
April 05 2011 15:27 GMT
#35
This build sucks against zergs that actually know what they're doing.

To elaborate:
Due to your lack of pressure, zergs will easily get pure drones with a few lings for scouting and a fast lair. A zerg that sees no expo and no pressure will expect either banshee or a terrible opponent, the response to both is a spore + normal 3 kwueens. (the first letter of that word is broken on my phone keyboard). I don't see how you can possibly disguise such a late banshee attack.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
TchousS
Profile Joined February 2011
26 Posts
April 05 2011 15:34 GMT
#36
Hmm yeah.. I feel this build isn't very good at high level. Just being seen by an overlord might cause the loss. It is risky, basically, if you don't kill him with your first banshees, Z will have too big economic advantage.

Like some other people, I'm interested at the timing of your attack though.
Alexbeav
Profile Joined August 2010
Greece56 Posts
April 05 2011 16:00 GMT
#37
Well I have some pretty good replays, but I dont know how to post/upload !!! should I upload to rapidshare or sth ?
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
April 05 2011 16:05 GMT
#38
On April 06 2011 01:00 Alexbeav wrote:
Well I have some pretty good replays, but I dont know how to post/upload !!! should I upload to rapidshare or sth ?


Use Mediafire. Quick and easy ^^
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
Charon1979
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria317 Posts
April 05 2011 16:05 GMT
#39
http://www.gamereplays.org/

for example
Alexbeav
Profile Joined August 2010
Greece56 Posts
April 05 2011 16:20 GMT
#40
kk have updated OP with a replay. Will post more. This replay is a "best case" scenario, probably the first one to have gone so well, but then again he probably fell for the 2nd rax xD
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 572
soO 538
Hyuk 417
BeSt 393
Shinee 36
Mind 35
Bale 24
Mong 11
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 9
Dota 2
monkeys_forever964
XaKoH 511
XcaliburYe152
League of Legends
JimRising 537
Other Games
summit1g11277
olofmeister680
ceh9488
Happy167
Livibee135
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick553
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH364
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2292
League of Legends
• Rush1395
• Stunt517
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 25m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 25m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.