• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:39
CEST 09:39
KST 16:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8513 users

[G] iEchoic's 2fact2port TvT - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 54 55 56 Next
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
February 02 2011 02:11 GMT
#41
Is that dayvie...David Kim? The Blizz guy?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
February 02 2011 02:12 GMT
#42
On February 02 2011 11:11 Bleak wrote:
Is that dayvie...David Kim? The Blizz guy?


o.o No real way to tell lol. Send Blizzard an email to ask
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 02:18:07
February 02 2011 02:12 GMT
#43
On February 02 2011 11:08 Disquiet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 11:00 Alaric wrote:
Considering how much success I've had with your 1-1-2 so far—even though I'm not that used to 3+ bases macro or lategame TvP because of its efficiency —I'm going to trust you on this one. I'm just sad that I barely run into TvTs (EU server at 2.3k diamond level), which is my favorite match-up because of all the diversity of openers and situations it encompasses.

Your opener is based on the ability to out-produce vikings if needed, for example against a reactored-starport. But what if your opponent plays defensive (notably bunkers against hellion harass) and go for a rather quick expansion and more starports ? I recon banshee harass is advised to force him to get detection, but since gas seems to be the limiting factor in both these kind of builds, he should have leftover minerals to build turrets and concentrate on vikings.
I guess expanding yourself to make up for his lack of aggression, and taking a quick 3rd (and its gases) when he opts for a defensive posture is the obvious response ?


I agree. It seems viking dominance is the crutch the entire build relies on. I'd like to see a replay where the other terran scans 2port and builds 2 reactored ports and outproduces vikings. If air dominance is lost its basically game over as your entire ground hellion army will be eaten by 3 maruaders or a tank.


How would they 'outproduce' you in vikings? You have 2ports so you could do the same thing. Also they'd lose a ton of their scvs to a hellion drop unless they built tanks or a bunch of marauders, so they'd have to match your gas cost there. The best they could do is match you in vikings. Also you can't produce 4x viking off one base, and you can't match viking production and FE.

I've never run into that because that's a really bad strategy, so I have no replays for that. But it should be obvious why it wouldn't work.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
February 02 2011 02:18 GMT
#44
On February 02 2011 11:12 iEchoic wrote:

That makes no sense... How would they 'outproduce' you in vikings? You have 2ports so you could do the same thing. Also they'd lose a ton of their scvs to a hellion drop unless they built tanks or a bunch of marauders, so they'd have to match your gas cost there. The best they could do is match you in vikings. Also you can't produce 4x viking off one base.


Yup, that's why I talked about making bunkers to fend off hellions, after a rather quick expand, but after re-reading my post I deem it quite irrelevant. Fast expansion into bunkers and turrets ? That clearly goes into turtling territory, and he would then probably go tanks to avoid getting shelled himself.
Dedicating such a position to mostly produce viking is totally unorthodox and specifically aiming to block your build with a overrisky switch. Just ignore my post. ^^'
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Ertu
Profile Joined November 2010
Greece686 Posts
February 02 2011 02:18 GMT
#45
I have been using mass-air with helions a lot during the last month with a 70% win rate on TvTs (2800 diamond Terran on EU),but I think that u have perfected it (I always opened with gas before rax and double helion,ur opening feels kinda safer). This build allows u total control of the map,and you can really get 3-4 expansions up really quickly(like a Zerg indeed) I'm gonna try it your way now, Please post one of your strategies on TvZ as well,as it has quickly become my worst match-up :S
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 02:20:19
February 02 2011 02:19 GMT
#46
On February 02 2011 11:18 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 11:12 iEchoic wrote:

That makes no sense... How would they 'outproduce' you in vikings? You have 2ports so you could do the same thing. Also they'd lose a ton of their scvs to a hellion drop unless they built tanks or a bunch of marauders, so they'd have to match your gas cost there. The best they could do is match you in vikings. Also you can't produce 4x viking off one base.


Yup, that's why I talked about making bunkers to fend off hellions, after a rather quick expand, but after re-reading my post I deem it quite irrelevant. Fast expansion into bunkers and turrets ? That clearly goes into turtling territory, and he would then probably go tanks to avoid getting shelled himself.
Dedicating such a position to mostly produce viking is totally unorthodox and specifically aiming to block your build with a overrisky switch. Just ignore my post. ^^'


Yep, that's better said than I said it - also remember that you need to defend 4 blue-flame hellions dropping, so you can't just hope your bunker saves you and then FE.

On February 02 2011 11:18 Ertu wrote:
I have been using mass-air with helions a lot during the last month with a 70% win rate on TvTs (2800 diamond Terran on EU),but I think that u have perfected it (I always opened with gas before rax and double helion,ur opening feels kinda safer). This build allows u total control of the map,and you can really get 3-4 expansions up really quickly(like a Zerg indeed) I'm gonna try it your way now, Please post one of your strategies on TvZ as well,as it has quickly become my worst match-up :S


TvZ is my worst as well, hopefully I gain enlightenment into how to win this eventually
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
February 02 2011 02:54 GMT
#47
Echoic, this post is excellent, by far one the best answers to TvT out there. I've never ever thought of using the two starports the way you have here. Everything is so well laid out, especially the Lategame flowchart. Extremely impressed and can't wait to use this! Thank you very much for such an awesome contribution :D
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
February 02 2011 02:57 GMT
#48
On February 02 2011 11:54 Synystyr wrote:
Echoic, this post is excellent, by far one the best answers to TvT out there. I've never ever thought of using the two starports the way you have here. Everything is so well laid out, especially the Lategame flowchart. Extremely impressed and can't wait to use this! Thank you very much for such an awesome contribution :D


Yeah, iEchoic is some sort of Strategy Forum Bonjwa.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Justjealouse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States36 Posts
February 02 2011 03:04 GMT
#49
iEchoic, I loved you in Halo Wars, when you were smacking down all those abusive wannabe's like prince, and I love you now man, you show creativity, and logical thought process that I haven't seen from most progamers.
#1 in halowars, and you could be #1 on starcraft if you had the time to grind as many matches as some of these other top 50's
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
February 02 2011 03:06 GMT
#50
Very nice builds. Liked your TvP 3 hellion drop before that. I'll check the replays.
I live by the LoL
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
February 02 2011 03:07 GMT
#51
I think that it would be really hard to hold off the scv/marine all-ins which are so popular at least at lower level masters. That said I am definitely intrigued . For quite a while I did use a somewhat similar air dominance TvT build without the hellions and I have to say its a lonnnnnng time to get BC's when a thor pops out on the field and you don't have a Fusion core yet. I like this idea alot but as I said, I would be pretty concerned about thors. Is it cost effective to kill thors with banshees if you magic box?

Another pressing concern though is against fast cloak banshee. I think that a good fast cloak banshee can be at your base about 60seconds before your viking pops and well before a raven is out with cloak finishing before the viking pops. Seems like that could really mess you up, you imply that your hellions will be able to do more damage, but what if they block the ramp (i often use my idle factory and a bunker to do this when I banshee rush).

Maybe against banshees delaying pre-ignite in favor of a faster starport might be worthwhile.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
February 02 2011 03:13 GMT
#52
If you pay attention the first starport to complete is supposed to produce a medivac, so the hellions are dropped. Still, if you switch add-ons, a medivac + raven production time is less than cloak research time, and you have another starport to get a viking out.
I wonder how the gas income flow with this though, and of course while your own starport is delayed a banshee rush with gas before rax would be in a lot earlier. I think it might be dangerous even while factoring in the travel time ?

It's for 4am here so I'm not trying it now, but I'll definitely run some tests if the answer isn't given by tomorrow (not taking much risk here).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 03:27:25
February 02 2011 03:26 GMT
#53
Right its a drop, but that would just further delay the viking which is required to stop the banshee.

Just to get an idea on timing here, gas before rax = 50gas headstart, then an extra factory and preignite puts you 300gas behind before you can start your starport, thats about 90seconds gametime. So assuming 30seconds travel time (generous start positions), that gives me about 40seconds before a viking can pop and if a medivac is build first instead, then probably 30more seconds on top of that (aka dead so there is no time for a medivac). Cloak will definitely be finishing up about the same time and you will need to have saved up 2 scans or you won't be able to kill the banshee with just 1 viking as the raven won't be out yet. Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong here.
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 03:33:19
February 02 2011 03:31 GMT
#54
I've played vs cloaked banshee many times, and the banshee can arrive shortly before your raven pops out. It doesn't matter though, you just run your scvs for 10-20 seconds and then the banshee dies, his cloak and banshee are all wasted for nothing, and your hellion drop does good damage because there's no way to rush cloak and to get enough to prevent damage from the hellion drop.

I wish I would have saved replays vs it, I practiced it with my teammates, and I don't save those games, sorry =/

You can run some tests and I think you'll see the same outcome. Just drop your hellions, run your SCVs until raven + viking gets out. If your timing is tight, the banshee won't have long before it's doomed to die. It does take some micro to manage your drop and keep a banshee off you, though.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
Ruffy
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2 Posts
February 02 2011 03:51 GMT
#55
Thank you for this build. I am a terrible tank user so this strat is just right up my alley. =)
Derp derp
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 04:09:49
February 02 2011 04:06 GMT
#56
Vs a 1rax expo, if they scan you for whatever reason, aren't you REALLY all in with this build? With 2 fact/2port, couldn't some odd composition like marauder/thor beat you easily if transitioned into?

And vs marine tank, wouldn't it just be like TvZ as you said, with the Terran player countering your play by spreading his marines fast vs incoming hellions and running backwards while tanks get some shots off, then using marine DPS once somewhat spread to actually somewhat effectively fight the hellions? Fit in a Thor which crushes banshees, I'm just confused how you'd hold off a push to your natural, although obviously it must work if you say you've had such success with the build^.

Also, when do you expand? I know it might vary, but generally? Just when it feels safe? Obviously you'd have to cut some production as I can't imagine supporting 2 rax 2 port.

Lastly, I'm guessing this build is hard countered by 3rax?
affinity
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States266 Posts
February 02 2011 04:06 GMT
#57
Thanks, iEchoic!

I tried and loved your 1/1/2 TvP opening and can't wait to start practicing this build +_+
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
February 02 2011 04:07 GMT
#58
This build is really neat, faced echoic doing it a few times on ladder. I have most success against it with pure marine tank - try to get a positional advantage (don't suicide marines) and let tanks hammer hellions as much as possible. If he doesn't have enough hellions or you have a good marine spread, it will fall in head on combat.

Cool build nonetheless!
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 04:14:45
February 02 2011 04:12 GMT
#59
On February 02 2011 13:07 Pokebunny wrote:
This build is really neat, faced echoic doing it a few times on ladder. I have most success against it with pure marine tank - try to get a positional advantage (don't suicide marines) and let tanks hammer hellions as much as possible. If he doesn't have enough hellions or you have a good marine spread, it will fall in head on combat.

Cool build nonetheless!


That's good advice, and you've probably adapted to it better than anyone else I've played. It comes down to macro and micro from there, which I definitely failed at last time we played.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
QQmonster
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada240 Posts
February 02 2011 04:59 GMT
#60
I'm still wondering what you do vs early pressure like the marine/hellion poke?
EX-top 10 guildwars player yeye XD
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 54 55 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 150
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 859
HiyA 173
Mong 52
Shine 44
NotJumperer 32
Bale 32
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 833
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft766
Other Games
summit1g9051
olofmeister575
ceh9445
PiGStarcraft351
Happy325
Livibee137
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream542
Other Games
gamesdonequick481
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH234
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2399
League of Legends
• Rush1509
• Lourlo1346
• Stunt466
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 21m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.