• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:42
CEST 23:42
KST 06:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6829 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 298

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 296 297 298 299 300 900 Next
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
July 27 2011 23:35 GMT
#5941
Hi guys, I am in need a clear and simple to execute ZvP opener which allows me a safe buffer of units around the time of early protoss pushes and that could allow me to sit back for a while and focus on my mechanics with an objective of having a 1-1 Range Hydra/Roach timing attack (which is the point I let my macro slips in order to win games)

Until today, I had the 7RR but it puts me behind quite a bit economically and I feel like the 3R I get out to fight against bunker pressure in ZvT doesn't succeed in ZvP.

Thoughts ?
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
July 27 2011 23:43 GMT
#5942
On July 28 2011 08:35 Otolia wrote:
Hi guys, I am in need a clear and simple to execute ZvP opener which allows me a safe buffer of units around the time of early protoss pushes and that could allow me to sit back for a while and focus on my mechanics with an objective of having a 1-1 Range Hydra/Roach timing attack (which is the point I let my macro slips in order to win games)

Until today, I had the 7RR but it puts me behind quite a bit economically and I feel like the 3R I get out to fight against bunker pressure in ZvT doesn't succeed in ZvP.

Thoughts ?

What about a simple speedling expand?
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 23:47:53
July 27 2011 23:47 GMT
#5943
On July 28 2011 08:35 Otolia wrote:
Hi guys, I am in need a clear and simple to execute ZvP opener which allows me a safe buffer of units around the time of early protoss pushes and that could allow me to sit back for a while and focus on my mechanics with an objective of having a 1-1 Range Hydra/Roach timing attack (which is the point I let my macro slips in order to win games)

Until today, I had the 7RR but it puts me behind quite a bit economically and I feel like the 3R I get out to fight against bunker pressure in ZvT doesn't succeed in ZvP.

Thoughts ?


One of my thoughts is that this is not a simple question..

Other is that 7RR is not a viable opening if you want to sit back and macro. Quite opposite it puts you very far behind. Why not try something like 15 hatch? or 13 pool 13 gas? If you feel really nervous about what he might do, put down 3 spines + add on more if you see him move out.

I guess a zerg player should elaborate more on what you should work towards to end up with a 1-1 roach/hydra timing push.
blinkblue
Profile Joined May 2010
United States119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 00:57:03
July 27 2011 23:50 GMT
#5944
Low masters terran here looking for help.

Having problems trying to execute IMMvp's (Major also uses it) TvT build.

The build is 1/1/2 expo, where you start your 1 banshee and 1 viking at the same time.

Two builds that completely wreck it are fast thors, and heavy bio play (for example, 1rax expo into 4-5 rax).

How should I be transitioning when I scout heavy bio/marines? Continuing viking+banshee is obviously terrible because you dont need the vikings for anything... and banshees auto lose to marines. Should I try to expand and switch straight into tanks+BFH or something?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 04:45:31
July 28 2011 00:26 GMT
#5945
On July 28 2011 08:47 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 08:35 Otolia wrote:
Hi guys, I am in need a clear and simple to execute ZvP opener which allows me a safe buffer of units around the time of early protoss pushes and that could allow me to sit back for a while and focus on my mechanics with an objective of having a 1-1 Range Hydra/Roach timing attack (which is the point I let my macro slips in order to win games)

Until today, I had the 7RR but it puts me behind quite a bit economically and I feel like the 3R I get out to fight against bunker pressure in ZvT doesn't succeed in ZvP.

Thoughts ?


One of my thoughts is that this is not a simple question..

Other is that 7RR is not a viable opening if you want to sit back and macro. Quite opposite it puts you very far behind. Why not try something like 15 hatch? or 13 pool 13 gas? If you feel really nervous about what he might do, put down 3 spines + add on more if you see him move out.

I guess a zerg player should elaborate more on what you should work towards to end up with a 1-1 roach/hydra timing push.

A 14p15h21g might be what you're looking for, mine with all 3 drones on gas until ling speed then lair with the next 100, take 3 additional geysers when your lair starts then roach warren around 50% lair completion so it finishes in sync with the lair so you can get roach speed ASAP. Upon lair completion I research overlord drop but I suppose you would use your gas excess for your upgrades and throw down hydralisk den. From this point just build up for your attack and take your third behind it, as well as making drones with your larva (don't forget your injects during the attack!).

A word of advice though: I really don't like the idea of a roach/hydra midgame, I suppose an early push with roach hydra is fine but I'm questioning the follow-up as hydras just aren't that useful when compared to what else you could spend your gas on, even when you do work drops into your play. I don't see much wrong with this push though, it seems like a good idea, I just wouldn't follow it up with more roach/hydra.

edit: fixed an ambiguous sentence.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
blacklist_member
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia318 Posts
July 28 2011 03:50 GMT
#5946
Toss switched to terran here

So far i'm doing ok in TvP and improving in TvZ but TvT is giving me trouble

Whats a good opening for TvT as a complete beginner? Most of the BO i see are really micro intensive
MC and MKP fighting ^^
Skank
Profile Joined October 2010
United States329 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 04:03:04
July 28 2011 04:01 GMT
#5947
On July 28 2011 12:50 blacklist_member wrote:
Toss switched to terran here

So far i'm doing ok in TvP and improving in TvZ but TvT is giving me trouble

Whats a good opening for TvT as a complete beginner? Most of the BO i see are really micro intensive


You have a couple options, 1rax fast expand, reactor tank expand, banshee opening, and a 1-1-1 drop opening. The latter is my favorite and what I feel to be the safest, because it's safe to banshees, it can punish fast expands, and is fairly resilient to early tank/medivac/marine pushes. Basically, you go for 12rax 13 gas 16 orbital, make constant marines, a helion or two, and a quick medivac. Make a CC after your medivac is started, and add your 2nd refinery and a tech lab to the factory to start tanks for your transition. Don't add a 2nd barracks until you start a CC, and probably during or after your drop. Drop with 6 marines 1 helion, or 4 marines 2 helion, etc. Try to deal light damage and salvage your units. Get a viking after medivac if you think he's got banshees. Tank marine is the easiest transition, but bio works too.

The least micro intensive opening that is safe, however, is the reactor siege expand. All of these builds can be found in Liquipedia, except maybe that drop build, though it should be.
"To be honest, to play protoss is ridiculously simple" -NesTea
Isaac
Profile Joined August 2010
United States810 Posts
July 28 2011 04:36 GMT
#5948
how do i engage protoss army that mainly have archon, DT, Collosus, charge zealot as Marine Marauder Ghost Viking Medivac, which should my control gorups look like, and how hsould i micro? I just 1a and i lose every single time makes me cry. thats what i used to do against protoss army thats all i know
diamond terran
number one fan of marineking
Ravomat
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany424 Posts
July 28 2011 05:20 GMT
#5949
On July 28 2011 13:36 Isaac wrote:
how do i engage protoss army that mainly have archon, DT, Collosus, charge zealot as Marine Marauder Ghost Viking Medivac, which should my control gorups look like, and how hsould i micro? I just 1a and i lose every single time makes me cry. thats what i used to do against protoss army thats all i know
diamond terran


In this composition the Archons are the only unit with anti-air capabilities and it's relatively weak at that because of their short range. So I'd suggest you sent in the Vikings first to snipe the Colossi while avoiding or luring in the Archons. Then you EMP the Archons and kill them off if you can catch them out of position and just kite the Zealots. This way you avoid Colossus fire.

Or if you got Personal Cloaking for your Ghosts you could go in, EMP everything, focus-fire the Colossus with Ghosts and Vikings. When those are dead the rest should be relatively easy.

I recommend watching some of Thorzain's games. This guy has some sick micro going on.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
July 28 2011 05:40 GMT
#5950
+ Show Spoiler +
Not entirely sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I don't think it warrants a thread and I wasn't really sure where else to ask it. Sorry mods if this is the wrong place <3


Broodwar vs SC2 comarison question:

"Cheeze" is a term that gets thrown around a lot in SC2. Cheeze, as I understand it, is basically any kind of 1 base all in build/attack that if you don't win outright or do significant damage you are almost guaranteed to lose.

I have always wondered, was cheeze as common in BW as it seems to be in SC2? Did people even call it cheeze in BW? What were the more common types of cheeze called in BW? 4-gates (just an example), cannon rushes, bunker rushes, marine/scv all ins etc?

Thanks!
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
July 28 2011 08:02 GMT
#5951
the korean reps on sc2rep.com

What events are they from? or are they practice games?
Beleaf
Profile Joined July 2011
South Africa18 Posts
July 28 2011 08:35 GMT
#5952
Hey Zatic,

the reason the pros dont mine from the middle is normally to get the probes/drones/scv on the closest mineral patch to the Nexus, CC , Hatch , reason shorter travel distance means you can mine a little bit faster :D , so if your 1st set of probes/scv/drone are all mining the closest patches you should get a bit of a lead over some1 with the same ammount of workers mining for just any only patch.

when it comes to transferring , well it depends on how many workers you have in total , you dont want to send to many , cuz that will lead to you not mining effectively for a couple of seconds , take a look at what you have , and deside , if i send 5 will i still have a stable income ? if not send less , ( this is just my approach when it comes to transferring,


hope this is a bit helpful !
I have stoped fighting my inner demons , we're on the same side now.
Xaeldaren
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland588 Posts
July 28 2011 09:15 GMT
#5953
Should I switch to Zerg? I've been placed into Gold and I've been playing Protoss since I started (about 3 weeks ago), but I'm not sure my style fits well. I like playing long, economically focused games, defensively securing expansions etc and I always feel like I get punished for early expanding when it's the natural thing to do as Zerg.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 09:33:16
July 28 2011 09:21 GMT
#5954
On July 28 2011 17:35 Beleaf wrote:
when it comes to transferring , well it depends on how many workers you have in total , you dont want to send to many , cuz that will lead to you not mining effectively for a couple of seconds , take a look at what you have , and deside , if i send 5 will i still have a stable income ? if not send less , ( this is just my approach when it comes to transferring,
One should maynard so many peons that 16 are left on the minerals in the main.

Zatic just posted example questions. He is a very good player and developed one of the first builds in the pre-beta days of SC2.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 09:34:45
July 28 2011 09:27 GMT
#5955
On July 28 2011 18:15 Xaeldaren wrote:
Should I switch to Zerg? I've been placed into Gold and I've been playing Protoss since I started (about 3 weeks ago), but I'm not sure my style fits well. I like playing long, economically focused games, defensively securing expansions etc and I always feel like I get punished for early expanding when it's the natural thing to do as Zerg.
I am striving to get to Gold with zerg. As zerg, you both can build, but also heavily rely on you economy. In the last two weeks I lost many games because of wrong drone timing. If you are a slow learner like me, zerg can frustrate you. But I still feel rewarded because when I win, I now feel that I earned it

The best thing is you just play some games as zerg, you will see if the Overmind accepts your service for the swarm. Prepare to change your thinking about how to play the game.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
July 28 2011 09:36 GMT
#5956
On July 28 2011 18:21 [F_]aths wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 17:35 Beleaf wrote:
when it comes to transferring , well it depends on how many workers you have in total , you dont want to send to many , cuz that will lead to you not mining effectively for a couple of seconds , take a look at what you have , and deside , if i send 5 will i still have a stable income ? if not send less , ( this is just my approach when it comes to transferring,
One should maynard so many peons that 16 are left on the minerals in the main.


Not really. The ideal approach is to have as many workers at your natural than at your main (even a bit more at your natural so the main doesn't mine out as fast). That means that when you can, you should try to reach equal harvester numbers in both bases.

However, in practise, you can't afford to stop half your mineral production for 10-15 seconds. This is why it really depends on the situation and your build order. If you need minerals to get a round of units, or to place some tech structures down etc... in the next instants after your nexus is completed, then you should probably not transfer as many probes. On the other hand, if you don't have any particular mineral needs, transfering half of your workers immediately will maximize your income.
geiko.813 (EU)
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
July 28 2011 10:05 GMT
#5957
How to do worker mining stack? I know there is a thread of it but I don't understand how to do this and I haven't found any tutorial video.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
July 28 2011 10:34 GMT
#5958
On July 28 2011 19:05 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
How to do worker mining stack? I know there is a thread of it but I don't understand how to do this and I haven't found any tutorial video.


What's worker mining stack ?
If you are talking about that trick where you stack all your probes and go attack with them, then you have to, build an assimilator, stack all your probes on one mineral then click on the building assimilator. Then click on one of your ennemy's mineral patch when they are all stacked up. (and cancel the assimilator for more money)
geiko.813 (EU)
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 11:33:13
July 28 2011 11:32 GMT
#5959
On July 28 2011 19:34 Geiko wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 28 2011 19:05 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
How to do worker mining stack? I know there is a thread of it but I don't understand how to do this and I haven't found any tutorial video.


What's worker mining stack ?
If you are talking about that trick where you stack all your probes and go attack with them, then you have to, build an assimilator, stack all your probes on one mineral then click on the building assimilator. Then click on one of your ennemy's mineral patch when they are all stacked up. (and cancel the assimilator for more money)

No I talking about when you do something like doubling the workers on the nearest mineral patches to get extra bit of minerals in the beginning of the game, to get those extra few seconds in PvP 4gate fight. Huk if I'm not mistaken does this.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
July 28 2011 11:33 GMT
#5960
On July 28 2011 20:32 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 19:34 Geiko wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 28 2011 19:05 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
How to do worker mining stack? I know there is a thread of it but I don't understand how to do this and I haven't found any tutorial video.


What's worker mining stack ?
If you are talking about that trick where you stack all your probes and go attack with them, then you have to, build an assimilator, stack all your probes on one mineral then click on the building assimilator. Then click on one of your ennemy's mineral patch when they are all stacked up. (and cancel the assimilator for more money)

No I talking about when you do something like doubling the workers on the nearest mineral patches to get extra bit of minerals in the beginning of the game, to get those extra few seconds in PvP 4gate fight. Huk if I'm not mistaken does this.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211953
geiko.813 (EU)
Prev 1 296 297 298 299 300 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub265
Nina 138
NeuroSwarm 115
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14084
NaDa 21
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu682
Other Games
Grubby3682
summit1g3454
Liquid`RaSZi1967
shahzam576
WinterStarcraft408
ToD296
C9.Mang0274
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1110
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 18m
INu's Battles
13h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 18m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.