• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:48
CEST 14:48
KST 21:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8727 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 242

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 900 Next
SolidSven
Profile Joined June 2011
Latvia7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-02 21:38:50
July 02 2011 21:38 GMT
#4821
Hello.
I am looking to 'steal' a solid TvT build. The question is- who do I steal from? Which pros are currently the strongest in TvT?
Thanks.
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
July 02 2011 22:01 GMT
#4822
On July 03 2011 06:38 SolidSven wrote:
Hello.
I am looking to 'steal' a solid TvT build. The question is- who do I steal from? Which pros are currently the strongest in TvT?
Thanks.

To ask such a question you should post your league so we can give you advice on what exact builds, for example if you are in Silver we are not going to suggest you doing some Helion Medivac timing with Marines.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=239482#3
This is a simple and effective build that anyone can do. PoltPrime obviously should be a master of TvT, but his builds are a bit hard to understand. MarineKing and oGsNaDa are decent at TvT, you should check them out.
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
SolidSven
Profile Joined June 2011
Latvia7 Posts
July 02 2011 22:07 GMT
#4823
On July 03 2011 07:01 iTzAnglory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2011 06:38 SolidSven wrote:
Hello.
I am looking to 'steal' a solid TvT build. The question is- who do I steal from? Which pros are currently the strongest in TvT?
Thanks.

To ask such a question you should post your league so we can give you advice on what exact builds, for example if you are in Silver we are not going to suggest you doing some Helion Medivac timing with Marines.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=239482#3
This is a simple and effective build that anyone can do. PoltPrime obviously should be a master of TvT, but his builds are a bit hard to understand. MarineKing and oGsNaDa are decent at TvT, you should check them out.


I am Platinum, though I really feel like my skill level is more of a Silver-Gold. I'll definitely check your suggestions out.
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
July 02 2011 22:23 GMT
#4824
What's a good mineral sink in ZVZ? Standard composition is typically roach/infestor, and I never know where my extra minerals go. ^^ Thanks in advance.
Swiftly
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland160 Posts
July 02 2011 22:26 GMT
#4825
Okay this is a simple question How many buildings should a terran have to remax when hes banking
"If you dont like the smell of burning meat then get the fuck off the planet" - Immortal Technique
Kintaro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States5 Posts
July 02 2011 23:07 GMT
#4826
alright, this isn't a question as much as it is a warning.
Never ever ever ever leave an observer over a nuclear silo.
even if the nukes aren't being launched at your units/buildings (like say in a ffa or team game), it'll say "nuclear launch detected" every single time.

i happened to be playing a game where the other toss and terran were having a mothership cannon vs ghost nuking medivac war; and i was pulling my probes every 5 seconds which was very confusing and annoying. hopefully this never happens to anyone else
Good Luck High Five!
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
July 02 2011 23:11 GMT
#4827
well no-one really answered my question so i'll try again, can anyone link me a game of PvZ on xelnaga where P wins and they play a standard game that does not include DT or Stargate expand?
The world is ending what should we do about it?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 02 2011 23:25 GMT
#4828
On July 03 2011 07:23 Indrium wrote:
What's a good mineral sink in ZVZ? Standard composition is typically roach/infestor, and I never know where my extra minerals go. ^^ Thanks in advance.

Speedling counters are a core element for mid/late game ZvZ, having 20 or so ling just sitting around in a hotkey just for this purpose. Also, hatcheries and spine crawlers are great mineral sinks, simply take bases just for gas mining and having spines at all your bases can certainly help against the aforementioned speedling counter attacks.
ZvZ is mostly about the gas towards the mid game, though. Just keep in mind that as you take the map that mining the geysers is much more important than saturating the minerals. As long as you keeps a roughly 2 and a half bases worth of saturation you should be good.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 02 2011 23:26 GMT
#4829
On July 03 2011 08:07 Kintaro wrote:
alright, this isn't a question as much as it is a warning.
Never ever ever ever leave an observer over a nuclear silo.
even if the nukes aren't being launched at your units/buildings (like say in a ffa or team game), it'll say "nuclear launch detected" every single time.

i happened to be playing a game where the other toss and terran were having a mothership cannon vs ghost nuking medivac war; and i was pulling my probes every 5 seconds which was very confusing and annoying. hopefully this never happens to anyone else

What are you talking about? It says 'nuclear launch detected' regardless of if you can see the silos. This had nothing to do with the observers, and this isn't the thread for random advice if no one asked about it beforehand.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Kintaro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States5 Posts
July 03 2011 03:00 GMT
#4830
sorry, not very experienced with posting, and good to know that, i'll shh now.
Good Luck High Five!
Deezl
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States355 Posts
July 03 2011 03:43 GMT
#4831
On July 02 2011 00:29 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
As a zerg player, what is the most effective unit composition against a protoss opponent going mass gateway with high templar with storm and archons?
Also are there any specific things I should keep in mind engaging that army?


As a Protoss player, the only two things that give me trouble when I have that bad-ass of an army are Broodlords and Roaches. There was a poster above that mentioned Hydras - that's a free win for me as storms are free on Hydras.

The idea here is that you want Brood/Infestor and spread out the broods in a long line. Kill my gas heavy units (Templar/Colossus/Air) and fungal my stalkers, and try to Neural my Archons/immortals, while keeping your gas heavy units alive (infestors and broods). Reinforce hard with Roaches and counter my bases with speedlings.
Three hundred lives of men I have walked this world, and now I have no time.
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 05:49:57
July 03 2011 05:49 GMT
#4832
I tried looking through about 8 pages backwards, I'm sure this question gets asked a lot so I'm very sorry if the answer is obvious and I am plain dumb.
I'm a Silver league Protoss looking to learn a strong and flexible ZvP build that I can use for most games until I improve my mechanics and game sense. I am currently using a defensive 3 gate expand with mass sentry, but it seems to be failing against mass ling because I FF like a baboon. Is there something more simplistic, or do I have to result to timing attacks and all-ins?
Thank you whoever answers this!
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
July 03 2011 06:15 GMT
#4833
On July 03 2011 12:43 Deezl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 00:29 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
As a zerg player, what is the most effective unit composition against a protoss opponent going mass gateway with high templar with storm and archons?
Also are there any specific things I should keep in mind engaging that army?


As a Protoss player, the only two things that give me trouble when I have that bad-ass of an army are Broodlords and Roaches. There was a poster above that mentioned Hydras - that's a free win for me as storms are free on Hydras.

The idea here is that you want Brood/Infestor and spread out the broods in a long line. Kill my gas heavy units (Templar/Colossus/Air) and fungal my stalkers, and try to Neural my Archons/immortals, while keeping your gas heavy units alive (infestors and broods). Reinforce hard with Roaches and counter my bases with speedlings.


Yes, I guessed hydras would be a definite no-no. the tough part ofc is to survive while getting to broods though.
I've also started playing toss (and even terran in customs) to get to know all match-ups from both ends. One thing I like to do In PvZ is to show the zerg player a couple of collossi to force corruptors while getting my templar archives and then transition into chargelot, templar and archons. That tech switch can be really tough for the zerg to deal with, especially is he has 20 supply tied in corruptors.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
July 03 2011 06:17 GMT
#4834
On July 03 2011 14:49 ptrpb wrote:
I tried looking through about 8 pages backwards, I'm sure this question gets asked a lot so I'm very sorry if the answer is obvious and I am plain dumb.
I'm a Silver league Protoss looking to learn a strong and flexible ZvP build that I can use for most games until I improve my mechanics and game sense. I am currently using a defensive 3 gate expand with mass sentry, but it seems to be failing against mass ling because I FF like a baboon. Is there something more simplistic, or do I have to result to timing attacks and all-ins?
Thank you whoever answers this!


Im a zerg player I can tell you that if your problem is mass lings and ur FF micro aint fast enough then cut sentries and get more zealots. Zerg is most vulnerable around the 10-12 min mark( Silver/gold level) when they will take a 3rd hatch. By then just make gateway units from 6 gates and move!
Somethings are just worth fighting for
Dariusz
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland657 Posts
July 03 2011 06:19 GMT
#4835
On July 03 2011 14:49 ptrpb wrote:
I tried looking through about 8 pages backwards, I'm sure this question gets asked a lot so I'm very sorry if the answer is obvious and I am plain dumb.
I'm a Silver league Protoss looking to learn a strong and flexible ZvP build that I can use for most games until I improve my mechanics and game sense. I am currently using a defensive 3 gate expand with mass sentry, but it seems to be failing against mass ling because I FF like a baboon. Is there something more simplistic, or do I have to result to timing attacks and all-ins?
Thank you whoever answers this!


3gate expand should never loose to speedling all-in. Just practice it and work on your building positioning and map awareness so you can see it and FF in time.
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
July 03 2011 06:19 GMT
#4836
How do I beat a 2 base mass marrine+Thor+medivac turtlers as zerg? I had about 4 bases maxed with lings and infestors but everything died to his army at the natural. He just moved in and cleaned up my base!
Somethings are just worth fighting for
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
July 03 2011 06:23 GMT
#4837
On July 03 2011 14:49 ptrpb wrote:
I tried looking through about 8 pages backwards, I'm sure this question gets asked a lot so I'm very sorry if the answer is obvious and I am plain dumb.
I'm a Silver league Protoss looking to learn a strong and flexible ZvP build that I can use for most games until I improve my mechanics and game sense. I am currently using a defensive 3 gate expand with mass sentry, but it seems to be failing against mass ling because I FF like a baboon. Is there something more simplistic, or do I have to result to timing attacks and all-ins?
Thank you whoever answers this!


As a zerg player who off-races as toss, I'd say 3 gate expo is generally the standard build. Forge expand is situational and DT expand seems un-reliable and kinda gimmicky. If u know its coming you can easily defend and counter. I'd say stick to 3gate and try practicing forcefields since they are such an integral part of playing as toss anyway.

I'm in lower leagues myself but that's because I don't ladder much and have an insane bonus pool and like to practice customs with my friends who are in diamond.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
July 03 2011 06:27 GMT
#4838
On July 03 2011 15:19 vahgar.r24 wrote:
How do I beat a 2 base mass marrine+Thor+medivac turtlers as zerg? I had about 4 bases maxed with lings and infestors but everything died to his army at the natural. He just moved in and cleaned up my base!


Since he's turtling just keep 6-8 mutas to counter drops, expand like a madman and make lots and lots of banelings. You should roll over him.
P.S. hello fellow SC2 player from india. Don't see many from here. If u wanna practice just drop me a pm.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 07:33:27
July 03 2011 07:31 GMT
#4839
On July 03 2011 15:19 vahgar.r24 wrote:
How do I beat a 2 base mass marrine+Thor+medivac turtlers as zerg? I had about 4 bases maxed with lings and infestors but everything died to his army at the natural. He just moved in and cleaned up my base!

"at the natural" <- your opponent's natural? If yes then there is your mistake right there. I'm guessing you got frustrated that your opponent never took a third an progressed the game but you must remember that you can not attack into terran without hive tech. You would need brood lords to break his front. As for dealing with the composition in general, your opponent not having tanks means he can't zone areas from ground units, so really any ground composition that has either infestors or banelings (for the marines) and you should be good for the mid game, but you'll need brood lords for the late game.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
July 03 2011 16:35 GMT
#4840
In a recent game cast by HD between WhiteRa and Smung, don't you guys think the zerg lose simply because the corruptors were not focus firing the carriers? Like just box half of your corruptors, shift focus firing each carrier, and do the same with the other half.

(If you FF with all of your corruptors you overkill too much.)

I just have a hard time believing that carriers and void ray can work against corrupter....

Here is the link:
Best or nothing.
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1064
WardiTV671
OGKoka 241
Rex150
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 372
OGKoka 241
Rex 150
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2266
Horang2 1383
Larva 1271
Shuttle 1190
EffOrt 642
BeSt 497
Soma 430
Mini 320
Hyuk 226
Stork 216
[ Show more ]
Light 209
ZerO 183
ggaemo 139
Rush 108
Zeus 102
Killer 82
Barracks 73
Hyun 65
Shine 53
Sea.KH 48
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 28
Yoon 24
Aegong 22
PianO 22
sorry 20
Mong 20
soO 18
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sexy 13
zelot 10
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Icarus 6
yabsab 5
Dota 2
qojqva1553
Dendi1542
BananaSlamJamma260
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin899
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes364
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1504
B2W.Neo603
hiko500
Lowko372
Sick256
Pyrionflax211
ArmadaUGS83
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream535
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH286
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2316
Other Games
• WagamamaTV235
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.