• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8061 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 168

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 900 Next
longtang
Profile Joined February 2011
United States73 Posts
May 27 2011 17:49 GMT
#3341
On May 26 2011 16:12 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2011 14:55 ToastieNL wrote:
Last ALert key isn't that thrustworthy in SC2 in my opninion, to many things happen. I guess early game it has a use?


this way.




oK. so it is pretty much common knowledge that "last alert" key is a very unreliable key that takes you to confusing places that you didn't intend to go. So, this pretty much renders the key a useless key. Yet, the space bar is such a good key. So, what hotkey do you guys rebind to the space bar key?

I would think that somthign that has to do with the army or maybe a macro key is good for the space bar key.

I am constantly trying to squeeze out useful things for the good keyboard layout keys. I know that the 'w' key is a free key for terran and I have that bound to a useful hotkey.

cheers.
Kill all Protoss. Make them Die. Long Live Terran. Tos is a despicable race b/c they R sneaky & underhanded; Their scouts dont' scout; they Just hide & make pylons
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
May 27 2011 18:00 GMT
#3342
On May 28 2011 02:49 longtang wrote:

oK. so it is pretty much common knowledge that "last alert" key is a very unreliable key that takes you to confusing places that you didn't intend to go. So, this pretty much renders the key a useless key. Yet, the space bar is such a good key. So, what hotkey do you guys rebind to the space bar key?

I would think that somthign that has to do with the army or maybe a macro key is good for the space bar key.

I am constantly trying to squeeze out useful things for the good keyboard layout keys. I know that the 'w' key is a free key for terran and I have that bound to a useful hotkey.

cheers.


so im guessing you play terran? personally i use space bar occasionally. for example when i see a drop on the minimap and then i get the attack warning i cant hit space and will almost always go right to the drop (or units spawning from my hatch). and if i dont then i hit the hotkey and move command my units over via the minimap anyway. so no time lost really.

but if you find you never use space for alerts, the answer to your question of what to bind to is whatever the fuck you want. thats the beauty of sc2. like you said space bar is a great key. id use it for things you need in a pinch. siege mode, emp, stim, mules or scvs, cloak on banshees, bind whatever you want to that incredibly useful bar of space.
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
May 27 2011 18:16 GMT
#3343
On May 27 2011 18:31 guitarizt wrote:
How should I deal with early rax allins as zerg? On tal darim, I was lucky enough to scout villain's position first and saw the racks, but if they 4 rax 15 rines and 11 scvs leave at 5:55. We were not cross positions and even though I scouted the early rax with my first ov as fast as possible, I just barely had my banes up in time. I go 14 gas 14 pool then hatch. I canceled my hatch and spread creep and held it off, but it seems like I really have to over compensate for the rush if I just see a lone rax with a 2-4 rines if that's all I'm able to scout with my lings.


leave a ling outside there base, and one at the tower. when you poke in and see nothing but marines(and a lot of them) its safe to assume theyre going marine aggression. from that point you can throw down your precautionary baneling nest. i like to leave one drone on gas when speed finishes precisely for this situation. when he pushes out you should be able to see the marines and scvs marching across the map from the xel naga and make enough banelings to completely stomp his all in like a bug on a wind shield.

aside: a few precautionary spines are great. and if they dont fe they will most likely go marine aggression or hellions. if they dont attack by 7 minutes sacrafice and overlord to see whatsup.

gl
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
lanzelloth
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada7 Posts
May 27 2011 18:35 GMT
#3344
should I keep making probes when I have more than 24 probes on minerals on 1 base?
zozkA
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark33 Posts
May 27 2011 18:40 GMT
#3345
On May 25 2011 16:14 sleigh bells wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2011 00:49 RM_12 wrote:
On May 24 2011 17:39 Algorithmic wrote:
Is there a way to tell if you're in the bugged group of players that can never be promoted? I'm bronze and have been playing (and beating) silvers and golds for about 2 weeks now. I'm rank 1 in my division with 1500 points and yet no matter how much I play, no matter who I beat, I've yet to be promoted.

It's becoming demotivating to play the game.


I'm beating gold, plat AND diamond players while sitting in silver league, don't worry, you are not alone

it took forever for me to get out of silver...and then i spent ONE game in gold. so maybe something like that will happen for you guys


^ same happened to me.. started bronze, then stayed quite a while i silver.. lost 4 games in a row one night, won the 5th which promoted me. Next day i go laddering again and one game brings me up to plat :>
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
May 27 2011 18:44 GMT
#3346
On May 28 2011 03:35 lanzelloth wrote:
should I keep making probes when I have more than 24 probes on minerals on 1 base?


If you intend to expand, yes.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
May 27 2011 18:53 GMT
#3347
On May 28 2011 03:44 Teoita wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 03:35 lanzelloth wrote:
should I keep making probes when I have more than 24 probes on minerals on 1 base?


If you intend to expand, yes.


and you should intend to expand if you hope to be any good at this game =P

jokes aside yes of course, dont be afraid to chrono probes out if you have excess resources and your natural on the way
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
ZeroTalent
Profile Joined December 2010
United States297 Posts
May 27 2011 19:37 GMT
#3348
On May 26 2011 14:16 longtang wrote:
The "last alert key." Is that key generally used by people? It is so inaccurate that when you hit it, it can take you to weird places that has nothing to do with the place where you want to go. So, I am wondering if the space bar key can be used for something more useful like binding it to '0' and using yoru command center with it to make scv's and scans and mules.

ty.

Do people use the "last alert key?"

ty


If you hit spacebar again and again, it will keep popping items off the last alert stack. So you will eventually get you to the "we're under attack" alert you're probably looking for. But even then it's still not that useful.

Some zerg players remap spacebar to the "base cam" hotkey, this makes MrBitter-style injection very easy (I use Caps Lock for this for a similar reason).
Can we get an official definition of "all-in"? Please?
Sir Snoopy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States57 Posts
May 27 2011 19:43 GMT
#3349
Are all of the builds found on liquipedia viable and kept up to date?
That's SIR Sir Snoopy to you!
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
May 27 2011 19:48 GMT
#3350
On May 28 2011 04:43 Sir Snoopy wrote:
Are all of the builds found on liquipedia viable and kept up to date?


Unfortunately, no. I'll try to get around to fixing that.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
svefnleysi
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland623 Posts
May 27 2011 21:45 GMT
#3351
Do wins as random also count towards the race you random as, as far as achievements and statistics?

My stats look a bit messed up, but this seems like it could be the reason.
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
May 27 2011 22:00 GMT
#3352
On May 28 2011 06:45 svefnleysi wrote:
Do wins as random also count towards the race you random as, as far as achievements and statistics?

My stats look a bit messed up, but this seems like it could be the reason.


Yes.
Sir Snoopy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States57 Posts
May 27 2011 23:26 GMT
#3353
On May 28 2011 04:48 iamke55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 04:43 Sir Snoopy wrote:
Are all of the builds found on liquipedia viable and kept up to date?


Unfortunately, no. I'll try to get around to fixing that.


Is there a good way to know which ones you've gotten around to/are good to look at?
That's SIR Sir Snoopy to you!
samiamquinn
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia137 Posts
May 28 2011 05:52 GMT
#3354
What's a good game plan for TvZ. In TvP I try and deny a third whilst dropping either the main or natural frequently. TvT I try and contain them and expand behind this. TvZ I just die. Help please.
zZygote
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada898 Posts
May 28 2011 06:05 GMT
#3355
Terran newbie here:

Can you marine-split using the patrol technique when your units are already engaged in a fight?
Shadyf0o
Profile Joined June 2010
63 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 06:23:12
May 28 2011 06:18 GMT
#3356
Is there a way to get planetary fortresses and orbital command centers to work together on the same hotkey?? I can't get my planetary fortresses to make scvs like the rest of my command centers using the same hotkey. I've resorted to using two different hotkeys for my orbital commands and planetary fortresses.

Also, when you take your natural expansion should you have both command centers rallying scvs to mineral lines, or should you only use one?
Shadyf0o
Profile Joined June 2010
63 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 06:22:35
May 28 2011 06:21 GMT
#3357
On May 28 2011 15:05 zZygote wrote:
Terran newbie here:

Can you marine-split using the patrol technique when your units are already engaged in a fight?


I don't think so. When you patrol move your units will attack anything they see first. It only works if you are running away from banelings, or if your m ball is so big that the marines in the back aren't in range when you press patrol. I'm not 100 percent on this, but I'm pretty sure there is no way to get marines to patrol split if they are all in range of the banes or any unit they can shoot.
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 08:16:22
May 28 2011 08:16 GMT
#3358
How do you focus fire with tanks in a Tank/Marine vs Zergling/Baneling battle? Please explain in detail and also explain when it worth to focus fire and when it is not.
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
May 28 2011 09:24 GMT
#3359
On May 28 2011 15:18 Shadyf0o wrote:
Is there a way to get planetary fortresses and orbital command centers to work together on the same hotkey?? I can't get my planetary fortresses to make scvs like the rest of my command centers using the same hotkey. I've resorted to using two different hotkeys for my orbital commands and planetary fortresses.

Also, when you take your natural expansion should you have both command centers rallying scvs to mineral lines, or should you only use one?


If your planetery and orbital are on the same hotkey, you need to tab through them to make SCVs from both. Example, if your hot key is "1" : 1 -> s -> tab -> s to make 2 SCVs

When you have two expansions, transfer some workers from your main to your natural. (you should have a bit more workers in your natural so your main doesn't get mined out too quickly). Then leave each base with their own rally point.
geiko.813 (EU)
AusBox
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia214 Posts
May 28 2011 10:08 GMT
#3360
On May 28 2011 17:16 MockHamill wrote:
How do you focus fire with tanks in a Tank/Marine vs Zergling/Baneling battle? Please explain in detail and also explain when it worth to focus fire and when it is not.


Tanks have special AI that prevents them from over-killing units. I often see pro terran players letting their tanks do their own thing while focusing on marine micro. Although I am a protoss player, that is what I've seen (on VODs/Replays) almost all high level terran players do.
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TaKeTV 324
TKL 306
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 895
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 220
MaxPax 144
BRAT_OK 94
UpATreeSC 92
ZombieGrub44
JuggernautJason42
Nathanias 23
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
ggaemo 162
White-Ra 140
firebathero 96
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 28
Bale 25
Trap 25
Shine 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 16
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4607
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1752
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr61
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4771
summit1g1996
singsing1398
Beastyqt770
ceh9632
shahzam450
B2W.Neo376
C9.Mang0166
ArmadaUGS141
KnowMe122
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream427
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 168
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1863
• TFBlade923
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.