• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:53
CEST 18:53
KST 01:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7127 users

[G] ZvZ - 3 different builds - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
SoftSoap
Profile Joined November 2010
United States170 Posts
November 29 2010 02:09 GMT
#21
On November 28 2010 20:09 Maicro wrote:
Can any of these fend off a 6 pool?


Maps such as steppes of war is crucial with 6 pools
Tasteless, "IdrA always pulls out on time."
OrcaMOrciM
Profile Joined August 2010
4 Posts
November 29 2010 02:26 GMT
#22
sweet, now if you could do the z v p and z v t vods too that would be awesome
Kelsin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States253 Posts
November 29 2010 03:01 GMT
#23
On November 29 2010 11:26 OrcaMOrciM wrote:
sweet, now if you could do the z v p and z v t vods too that would be awesome


Look through MrBitter's other VoD's on UStream. He has a PvT and PvP with Machine up there as well as some lessons with InControl. All excellent.
FluidTek
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia50 Posts
November 29 2010 03:25 GMT
#24
Thanks for this, ive been having problems with my ZvZ lately.
zergules
Profile Joined July 2010
United States55 Posts
November 29 2010 05:10 GMT
#25
Thanks so much for posting this! I've been looking for some ZvZ builds. I really suck at that match-up, and it seems like 80% of my matches lately have been ZvZ.

cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 06:20:03
November 29 2010 05:48 GMT
#26
This is wonderful. I've always just done 15hatch 14pool on the maps that are permissible, and then just baneling speedling all in on the other maps. This gives me a better idea of what to look for and techniques in micro. *thumbs up*

EDIT: It seems that 15hatch vs. 15hatch is the most complicated BO MU which is no surprise. I'm probably gonna do a lot of practice in this area.

Are there replays of these available? I'm interested to see Machine's POV for this.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
AmaZing
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Nepal299 Posts
November 29 2010 06:29 GMT
#27
On November 28 2010 20:32 Madkipz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2010 20:09 Maicro wrote:
Can any of these fend off a 6 pool?


anyone that has good drone micro can fend off a 6 pool


That means a very few people at dream hack xD
ACTION JESUS!!

but yea ty for the post. I personally freestyle like a noob when i spawn a zvz, i guess its time to make an effort to learn it
ಠ_ಠ
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
November 29 2010 06:31 GMT
#28
Awesome builds, thanks for writing them out
any chance you want to do that for ZvT and ZvP?
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 09:41:51
November 29 2010 09:40 GMT
#29
Hmm I haven't even thought about that, because I haven't seen his ZvT and ZvP castings. I'm not having any trouble with ZvT and ZvP right now, but I'm not sure, maybe I will, but at first I gotta watch those VoDs. I'll definitely think about it.

Btw, there already is a real great guide about ZvP. GSL time now..
mKw
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark33 Posts
November 29 2010 09:56 GMT
#30
Thanks for the write up. i had a vague idea about these 3 builds are viable builds in ZvZ, and as it was said in another Z strategy thread its all about scouting what they are gonna do of those 3, cause as soon as u do u can chose to mirror and just play better or change to something which deals with it very well.

Example: i played a ZvZ some1 went mass roaches on one base. scouted it as i started speed and just expanded and mass speedlings and raped. If hed gone baneling then id have been fucked but then u just gotta go roaches :D great rock paper scissors match up tbh until some1 get mutas hehe.
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 10:03:50
November 29 2010 09:58 GMT
#31
o.O

Kudos for take'n the time to write this down. Glad peeps are learning from these VODs. Be sure to tune in for iNcontroL Tuesday night!



I'm so shameless with my plugs.

On November 29 2010 14:48 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
Are there replays of these available? I'm interested to see Machine's POV for this.


I very intentionally did not save any of the Machine reps from these sessions. He's already more or less told us exactly how we should approach each matchup... Piling reps on top of that, in my opinion, is a little bit more than I think we're entitled to.

All the info we need (and much more) is in the VODs.
Skully_eu
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands6 Posts
November 29 2010 13:26 GMT
#32
I'm definatly going to practise these builds when I get home tonight. I think atm I loose 75% of my ZvZ matches, becouse I just do a kinda freestyle build in ZvZ and have no real plan actually.
We require more minerals
kko
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7 Posts
November 29 2010 13:51 GMT
#33
I saw the ZvZ / ZvP Coaching and i got a question : how can i switch the Camera Position (during the Larva Inject from the Queens) so fast?
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
November 29 2010 13:57 GMT
#34
I don't know exactly what you mean, but I guess you're talking about hotkey-ing your queens. I personally use the hotkeys 5-8 for my queens, you know, 55,v,click; 66,v,click etc.. There's really no magic behind it.
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
November 29 2010 14:01 GMT
#35
On November 29 2010 22:26 Skully_eu wrote:
I'm definatly going to practise these builds when I get home tonight. I think atm I loose 75% of my ZvZ matches, becouse I just do a kinda freestyle build in ZvZ and have no real plan actually.


I'd love to be able to go home and work on these three builds, but I don't get to play until at least Wednesday -_-... I hate school!

On an actual note, this is an awesome post, and a great deal of help to us Zergs who have problems actually winning in a ZvZ... as it stands, I either use Dimaga's Mass-ling build, or just Mass Roach and hope for the best. I haven't won a game in sooooo long
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 14:03:37
November 29 2010 14:02 GMT
#36
On November 28 2010 22:02 ktimekiller wrote:
I certainly like the roach and bling, but the expand confuses me

How do you survive with 0 lings with 15 hatch 15 pool until 20+ food? any 12-14 pool that pops with 6 lings at once will likely insta kill you

By scouting his base (so that you know you need to not spend larva on drones while your pool is finishing) + kiting the lings until yours are out. You have more larva than he does, so once your pool is done (14 pool vs 14 hatch, your pool will finish shortly after he arrives at your base.) , he can't outproduce you on lings, and you can afford to lose a few drones in pushing him out.
pheno
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany33 Posts
November 29 2010 14:09 GMT
#37
A better or equal player will always punish a fast expanding opponent in a ZvZ, just to have it mentioned. And fending off 6 pools in a ZvZ shouldn't be a problem from about 1000+ Platinum on. Nevertheless, the builds are solid (but standard) and the explanation is pretty good.
슬레이어현상 -.-
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
November 29 2010 14:43 GMT
#38
Thanks for this, the video was posted before but I forgot to watch it
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
Floydian
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom374 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 15:31:03
November 29 2010 15:29 GMT
#39
Is the video not loading for anyone else? It just loads forever

Thanks a lot for this post, I always sigh when I get another z on my loading screen, as it's pretty much a guaranteed loss for me. I really just don't seem to get it.
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
November 29 2010 15:52 GMT
#40
On November 28 2010 21:38 Sclol wrote:
i play sling only with a more or less fast +1 and expand at ~20 and i'm doing really well... i can fend off ling bling and roach and roach baneling


I haven't lost a single game doing that =P. Like literally you can just make nothing but slings after 2 - 3 drones and overwhelm you opponent because they think you're going for a long macro game. And for the bastards that do a big roach rush, just putting down some spinecrawlers leaves em to scratch their asses.

Either that or make roaches too, and don't stop making roaches. Because people just love to send an endless stream of units to your base hoping to break you because naturally when you go to expand you want to make drones. It seriously becomes a 1 saturated base vs 1 saturate base + auxiliary hatch war, so dumb =_=. But it feels good when you can see your opponent getting flustered and pulling back to set up his own hatch, and just losing the game.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM647
TaKeTV 188
IndyStarCraft 117
BRAT_OK 107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 647
TKL 225
ProTech138
IndyStarCraft 117
BRAT_OK 107
UpATreeSC 71
Rex 45
Codebar 44
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1016
EffOrt 613
Mini 539
ggaemo 206
firebathero 183
Dewaltoss 114
Rush 76
Barracks 69
910 65
Zeus 52
[ Show more ]
Shine 48
Hyun 46
Killer 37
Shinee 35
Bale 28
soO 23
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 18
Trap 16
yabsab 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva4333
Dendi1688
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1003
Liquid`Hasu423
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2289
singsing1939
B2W.Neo505
Beastyqt381
ceh9343
Sick185
ArmadaUGS126
C9.Mang062
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream529
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile124
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2917
• TFBlade826
Other Games
• WagamamaTV277
• Shiphtur9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 7m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.