Also EMP will wreck your shit.
The advantage of terran 1/1/1 is that it deals well with pretty much everything.
| Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy |
|
ToxNub
Canada805 Posts
Also EMP will wreck your shit. The advantage of terran 1/1/1 is that it deals well with pretty much everything. | ||
|
Bibdy
United States3481 Posts
On July 10 2010 01:12 ToxNub wrote: Immo + Phoenix +1 gate doesn't seem very viable against any sort of massable t1. It might work fine vs protoss if he techs, but zealots, or vs terran (marines) or zerg (lings) you are going to get frigging rocked. Also EMP will wreck your shit. The advantage of terran 1/1/1 is that it deals well with pretty much everything. Yes, but only because Terran units are individually very cost effective. Two Sentries isn't anywhere close to as crippling to a Terran Marine+Tank+Raven force than a single PDD does to what the Protoss would have at that point. I got rocked by this build yesterday. I typically go for a quick Observer in PvT find out what he has, and then react, using Force Field to stall for time if necessary, but in this case as my Observer was trundling across the middle of Steppes of War, he already had 2 Tanks (Siege tech on the way), 11 Marines and a Raven (nearing 100 energy), and killed the Observer on the way over. Blew my mind how quickly the guy built up that force and I honestly don't know what I would switch up to stop it. Guardian Shield apparently wasn't enough to counteract that many marines, tanks and a PDD. All I COULD have had at that point is a Gateway force and maybe one unit from a T2 structure (in place of the Observer), such as a Void Ray, Phoenix or Immortal. The only indicator I had was two gas fairly early and a wall-off with a Reactor. Who only knows what he was doing behind that wall. It could have been Banshees for all I know. Has there been a general concensus on how to scout and stop that particular variation of the 1/1/1 build? | ||
|
cive
Canada370 Posts
| ||
|
tehemperorer
United States2183 Posts
Regarding sentries: If you invest too heavily in sentries, you will fall behind though. In my experience, go sentries if you are trying to play a macro game, but if not, don't build any because 1 ff doesn't do a hell of a lot of good, and 500 gas on 5 sentries means little or no stalkers. On another note, I've had some success with a Protoss 1/1/1 build, but when I get into a fight it is usually an all in situation (I do really well with micro so it suits me) so if you lose the fight, it's over. Only 3-6 gates and additional unit structures can recover from a loss like that, not a 1/1/1, and that's its biggest weakness. The Protoss 1/1/1 is mostly suited against Zerg, since zeals kill lings and hydras, and immortals kill roaches, and phoenixes add some really good support to whatever unit is giving you the most trouble. | ||
|
Juvator
Netherlands199 Posts
On July 08 2010 22:40 Juvator wrote: nice mushroom trip but naah wouldn't work User was warned for this post wtf ? i'm sorry but why do I get warned for this ? it was a friendly remark | ||
| ||
StarCraft 2 StarCraft: Brood War Shuttle Dota 2Dewaltoss firebathero Zeus Trap 910 Sexy soO zelot JYJ [ Show more ] Counter-Strike Super Smash Bros Heroes of the Storm Other Games summit1g3924 Grubby3675 Beastyqt766 B2W.Neo595 ceh9465 byalli430 KnowMe166 C9.Mang0157 TKL BRAT_OK Railgan12 Chillindude7 |
|
PiGosaur Cup
Kung Fu Cup
Stellar Fest
The PondCast
OSC
OSC
CranKy Ducklings
Online Event
FEL
AI Arena Tournament
[ Show More ] BSL: Ladder Tournament
Sparkling Tuna Cup
BSL Open Qualifier
BSL Open Qualifier
Replay Cast
WardiTV Weekly
Replay Cast
|
|
|