• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:43
CEST 13:43
KST 20:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10327 users

[G] Terran- A complete overview - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
BladeRunner
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States407 Posts
April 29 2010 15:12 GMT
#81
Has there been any consideration for adding this to liquipedia? It's a lot easier to find as a reference, plus changes can be seen and tracked
Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
April 29 2010 15:16 GMT
#82
Ill upload it when i get back np
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
April 29 2010 15:17 GMT
#83
liquipedia II is incredibly strict on what they are permitting right now, it has to be in the correct format and also you need to have multiple replays per build showing it's effectiveness.

Not to say it can't be done, but it's a huge hurdle to add something to it, and even if you do it might not be accepted.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
April 29 2010 16:17 GMT
#84
On April 30 2010 00:12 BladeRunner wrote:
Has there been any consideration for adding this to liquipedia? It's a lot easier to find as a reference, plus changes can be seen and tracked


If they would consider this for liquidpedia id be totally honored

If any mods come across this and want it updated / changed to make it fit in liquidpeda please PM me and I'll [Make it So].

Theres still alot that needs to be added to this to make it a full and complete guide- and while I am working on it, i have a full time job, am going back to school this summer, and am running a marathon at the end of march. These things are limiting the time I can put into this (I didnt get to play a single game of sc2 yesterday, so bummed about that), so please be patient with me.
Finally; anyone that wishes to contribute to this page- Please do so! It would be especially nice if i could get a progamer or 2 to go over the guide =D
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 14:34:47
April 30 2010 14:32 GMT
#85
While this defiantly dosen’t belong in the OP- just thought I would throw this out there:

I had a rough day of SC2 yesterday. I started OK- 1-1 vs 2 zerg. Then I took a few hours break, and played a terran, lost a game where I got contained, then lost to 3 zergs in a row. All 3 games were pretty tight, but I just kept making noobie mistakes (missing timings on things like my orbital command, pushing out to soon without scanning etc.) and was getting seriously frustrated. I hadn’t taken 4 losses in a row since the beta came out, and I felt like I was not playing to my potential. I watched the replays of my losses, and took the time to really see how silly the mistakes I was making were, and how I wasn’t following my own guide’s rules. I was doing early reaper harasses on zergs, not pulling enough harvesters to repair, (one game I had thick wall- 2 rax and a eng bay- and still got baneling busted. I haven’t been that BM in a game since I was like 15). So then after checking my replays- I click the search 1v1 again, and am matched up against another Zerg. Game Breakdown: + Show Spoiler +
This zerg was pretty good, but it was on my best map vs Zerg, Steppes of War. This is my best map because I have no holes in my build order (im not really vulnerable to any zerg cheese on this map because of the setup). I open with my Pfort FE, and work on some tanks to secure my base defense. My limited early scouting showed he was massing roaches, so I figured he was hard teching as well (turns out I was right). I go for some standard factory play, along with marines and marauders, and have a good feeling about the game. I harass him a little with some hellions (mostly to scout, I lose 6 hellions in trade for 6 drones), and I see A LOT of roaches. I have about 7 siege tanks at that point so I wasn’t worried Right as I’m about to push out while taking my 3rd, he pushes on my nat with broodlords (about 6) and easily 3 dozen roaches (maybe more?). The ensuing battle results in the complete destruction of both of our armies, but during the fight I flew my 3rd command center out to the gold minerals and started harvesting, resulting in us both being on 3 bases, except I had the gold minerals, and a HUGE infrastructure to back it up ( 4 factories a starport with reactor and 5 rax). I Begin pumping thors marines and Vikings and just sending them at him. He is still making roaches and broodlords, and honestly at this point the game is won for me. Our economies in the game were similar, however, as ive stated before, a Zerg player needs to out produce a terran to win. My whole goal of that game was to keep us on equal economic grounds so that in the lategame I could be producing equally to him, knowing that my units out-class his cost for cost.


The result was that I needed to go back to my basics and stop trying to cheeze my way to a win that I could get by just macroing a solid game and using superior strategy as opposed to cheeze and pray. Just some advice for anyone else on a loss streak ;D.

EDIT: a quick thing to not was after that loss streak my APM went up by 25. my average is about 70-80 and that last game i managed a solid 110. (those are gamespeed APMs not actual apms- actual would be about 140 prolly). Probably because i was more determined- so be determined to win and you will play better :D
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
spellshock
Profile Joined February 2010
United States2 Posts
April 30 2010 15:14 GMT
#86
Hey Zoltan, can you post a link to the forum topics that discuss how to do the reaper bunker rush you discribed in the vs Protoss section of your guide? I didn't seem to find it using the search function. 1 or 2 replays of this strategy would be great if you could find the time.

Thanks for all the great info!
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
April 30 2010 15:21 GMT
#87
On May 01 2010 00:14 spellshock wrote:
Hey Zoltan, can you post a link to the forum topics that discuss how to do the reaper bunker rush you discribed in the vs Protoss section of your guide? I didn't seem to find it using the search function. 1 or 2 replays of this strategy would be great if you could find the time.

Thanks for all the great info!


i have 4 or 5 replays of this from my own personal collection; ill toss them up after work today (5-6pm EST). I can be a little lazy about this (meatspace ftl), so if they arent up tonight expect them... well if i dont put them up PM me until i do ;D.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
April 30 2010 21:36 GMT
#88
Updated: added a replay for reaper bunker proxy- also added a link to the TvZ guide done by Blasius (+1 for him btw for writing such an awesome guide)
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Marl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 01:30:46
May 01 2010 01:27 GMT
#89
Thanks for making this thread, I wasn't playing so well earlier today and didn't really have a built plan for some matchups, but after I took a break and found this thread I played again and went 3:0! (have has beta for 2 days)
Vattilega
Profile Joined April 2010
United States52 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 02:39:29
May 01 2010 02:29 GMT
#90
I really dont know what help this is to plat as i am #1 gold but TvP i always tech to double tlab ports and immediately rsrch cloak and banshee harass. Usually can kill 10-20 probes or a nexus but since im pumpin banshees and the P usually make immortals like an idiot instead or obs first, then its over quite fast as p sucks vs air.

BO
10 supply
11 rax
12 supply to wall off
15 orbital and both gas
100 gas factory
(pumping rines and scvs entire time to stop rushes)
As soon as factory finshes make two techlabs with it while you make 2 ports
Land the ports on the labs and go cloak+banshee @100 gas another banshee pump 4 more and then add other rax with techlab to rsrch stim and shields(harass)
Build CC then expo.(harass)

If u can send ur rines in to distract them and then snipe nexus with banshees, run ur banshees away and come back in 10-25 secs (uncloak so they spend their apm targeting banshees and not canceling nexus) and snipe nexus AGAIN as its warping in, thats usually gg.

From there i usually make BC's in TvT but P are so weak to this the game never gets that far, if the harass works well then by the time you have 8 banshees you can just kill them because they usually repond with stalkers who do 10 dmg with the same rate of fire vs the 24 dmg of your banshees. I've found that a ratio of 2 banshees to 3 stalkers is still in ur favor, all upgrades equal. If they respond with void or phoenixs then out macro them in the air.

If they attack before the banshees come out than use ur scvs to repair and fight, dont worry about losing them because in a cpl mins you will still have more workers lol. They wont though because P doesnt get confidence to push until 7:30 and then its too late.

Im not sure if there's a glaring weakness here but i do not lose to protoss. I think mainly because so many losers who play T just make marauders so toss is conditioned to def it.

... again this is only top gold so idk how it is in platinum, idk if the toss are smart and go templar instead of colossus or immortal BEFORE they find out what you have in store for them

Ive even beaten toss that have known whats going on the entire time(obs first) but cant stop it and toss that get air to defend but still die.


I have some replays but im not sure the best way to share them, cant even see how to upload them to sc2rep or if thats even possible.




I actually use this build for most matchups because gold T dont build turrets and if they do, i expo, Z dont have overseers in time to save lair. vs Z i expo secretly and make thors out the 1 factory and pump rines form the raxs, since they are crippled and prob making tons of hydra to kill ur banshees (stop at 4 banshees, kill drones/queen/ lair). Banshees have too much life to bring down before they can get out of range of a scan so vs a T who has no turrets, kill scvs, any turrets or CC. have banshees on both side of the base and swap them out as they get low on energy. using only 4 banshees i can usually force the T into bankruptcy because of so many scans and dead scvs then i come in with marines and a thor or 2 after i expo.

again i have replays of all matchups

Try it out and if you love banshees as much as i do lemme know!
master league
Marl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 06:00:02
May 01 2010 04:29 GMT
#91
I just tried your banshee build Hafriken and it worked great! I thought I was in trouble when I got to his base with my first 2 banshees because he had a stargate making void rays, but by bringing in my 11 or so marines from building a reactor with my rax I was able to fend off the rays and take out his ground army, winning the game :-)

edit: have done it 3 more times since and have won each!
Sgt.Fluffy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States15 Posts
May 01 2010 11:41 GMT
#92
Awesome, awesome guide. Been reading it little by little over the last couple days. I think you should add a section for a TvT fast banshee build where you wall in with a bunker and do not cut SCV's or really "rush" banshees, but you just go rax, factory (with tech lab), starport (switch to factory's tech lab), and get a banshee with cloaking out really fast. Then obviously you start going and blowing up their SCV's, run away when they get marines over there, cloak when it finishes a few second later, and fly back. Even if they sweep and kill you, by the time they do, second banshee is already there anyway. I usually get first banshee, then cloaking, then second banshee, then if I think they are good and going to counter, I do a starport with a reactor for vikings. If they are bad I do another tech lab starport but usually if they are bad then its just GG LOL by the time the second banshee gets there and they leave angrily without calling good game.

I abandoned my normal M&M + ST strat for this fast banshee one and I think my TvT record has been something like 9-1 since. (the one loss came from someone doing the exact same thing and me fucking up my build order a little because I was drunk and him getting to me like 30 seconds before I got to him. With proper scouting I still would have been able to get 2 vikings out in time for his banshee and still probably would have won.). Top ten Gold if it matters, and I've used it in a couple random platinum league games on my friends account and it still works.

Actually I probably would be in Platinum but since patch 9 my bonus pool has been glitching and for some reason, only in 1v1, I never, ever get any bonus pool. Its just always zero, so its hard to move up the ladder. I'm in 6th right now I think.

Also its worth noting that I had a loss with this strat on some random account or in a custom or something where the other player did a fast M&M rush and totally viably fucked me up. However, if I had scouted better (I see a pattern here.....hmmm), I probably could have gotten a quick siege tank with siege mode and gotten my banshee out 30secs-1min slower. Another great thing is that no one really does this in TvT anymore because of how badly quick siege tanks trash it. And if opponent goes siege tanks......cloaked banshees GG lol.

Could possibly be taken out with a FE for more sweeps, but who goes FE in TvT? Also good missile turret placement can really mess with you, but usually isn't enough to stop the harass, plus you got them to waste lots of money on them, and you haven't even fucked your econ at all, so then you have an advantage anyway.

Plus if the harass fails completely, then the banshees still make a great addition to your army anyway.

Will upload replays if anyone wants some, but not planning on it right now. Also this IS NOT the 11 starport build if thats what anyone is thinking. Its not really all in at all, but obviously leaves your defenses open.
Cloaked Banshees LOL
Sgt.Fluffy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States15 Posts
May 01 2010 11:46 GMT
#93
oh also first post
Cloaked Banshees LOL
Sgt.Fluffy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States15 Posts
May 01 2010 12:03 GMT
#94
^ I just read 2 posts up and someone else pretty much posted basically the same build but is using it against Protoss. Now that I think about it, there really is no reason that this wouldn't work against any race. I guess I've just been using it for TvT because I'm working on M&M&G vs protoss and Hellion/Thor/Marauder against zerg. I guess though that protoss is likely to be going robotics facility against you in which case they can get an observer out which would really mess up your day (although that prolly means colossi in which case you can just use the early starport advantage to get lots of vikings), and zerg could probably just scout you and then banelings+zerglings. If you got it off against zerg though that would be pretty cool because of a very likely total lack of detection at that point in the game (although spore crawlers being able to move might screw you up, but then again you could probably just kite them around).
Cloaked Banshees LOL
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
May 01 2010 13:43 GMT
#95
On May 01 2010 21:03 Sgt.Fluffy wrote:
^ I just read 2 posts up and someone else pretty much posted basically the same build but is using it against Protoss. Now that I think about it, there really is no reason that this wouldn't work against any race. I guess I've just been using it for TvT because I'm working on M&M&G vs protoss and Hellion/Thor/Marauder against zerg. I guess though that protoss is likely to be going robotics facility against you in which case they can get an observer out which would really mess up your day (although that prolly means colossi in which case you can just use the early starport advantage to get lots of vikings), and zerg could probably just scout you and then banelings+zerglings. If you got it off against zerg though that would be pretty cool because of a very likely total lack of detection at that point in the game (although spore crawlers being able to move might screw you up, but then again you could probably just kite them around).


while fast banshee DOES work against all 3 races, its risky against all 3 as well. I'm pretty sure i break it down in the TvT section pretty nicely... if they scout your tech lab on the starport your banshees are basically expensive marauders that have really good pathing :wink:
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
May 03 2010 03:51 GMT
#96
well i cant perform reaper bunker rush in a proper way.. you have more reps? maybe one little trick or advice? XD

hell im having nightmares qith toss OP =(
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
pyr0ma5ta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States458 Posts
May 03 2010 03:55 GMT
#97
Long time lurker, new poster here, but I just wanted to mention that this thread singlehandedly took me from mid-silver to rank ~20 plat. Thanks. Good stuff.
"I made you a zergling, but I eated it." - Defiler
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
May 03 2010 14:34 GMT
#98
Small update so far today: added a TvT at a glance timing sheet.
(under TvT spoiler in its own section)
Probably more later... depends on work load.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
May 05 2010 15:57 GMT
#99
So TLers- a question for you:
Poll: Would you watch a bi-daily Zoltan show?

Yes (25)
 
93%

No- I don't have time to watch you. (1)
 
4%

No- I don't want to watch you. (1)
 
4%

No- I don't think you have enough knowledge to help me. (0)
 
0%

27 total votes

Your vote: Would you watch a bi-daily Zoltan show?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No- I don't have time to watch you.
(Vote): No- I don't want to watch you.
(Vote): No- I don't think you have enough knowledge to help me.




For the show I would pick 3-4 replays (at least one of myself) and go through each one to explain either a new strat or a style of thinking that will help improve everyone's skills.

There is already a ton of streams, and shows, about SC2- but i dont think there are any dedicated to a single race. This would be the birth of "The Terran Perspective," and if the community wants it it shall be made.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
skronch
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2717 Posts
May 06 2010 18:04 GMT
#100
yes i'd love a show! this thread has been incredibly helpful
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 706
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings188
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26132
Shuttle 11571
FanTaSy 1635
Hyuk 1017
Horang2 584
BeSt 502
Mini 274
Pusan 249
Stork 231
EffOrt 140
[ Show more ]
Killer 138
Last 135
Zeus 121
Mind 88
ggaemo 69
Hyun 56
sorry 48
PianO 45
ToSsGirL 38
Snow 37
Bale 34
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 22
Aegong 21
zelot 18
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe339
Dendi8
Counter-Strike
fl0m2263
byalli847
x6flipin325
Other Games
gofns33559
singsing2867
B2W.Neo769
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King61
Hui .59
Livibee56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 17m
Replay Cast
11h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.