• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8442 users

[G] Terran- A complete overview - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Vovin
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1 Post
May 25 2010 11:06 GMT
#121
Keep up your great work! I have only registered on TL to thank you for this astonishing guide.

I am not a good player at all. But every time I have a loosing streak, I am checking this thread to get my confidence back up. It is a long road for me to master all these tactics and tricks, but I'll keep trying. And I am getting better and better.
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
July 09 2010 19:08 GMT
#122
Bumping this thread- just updated the OP with some new stuff, and will be continuing to add replays and such over the next 2 weeks of beta.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
July 12 2010 22:42 GMT
#123
Thanks for this man. As long as it keeps getting updated then it's definitely a good resource for new Terran players or those who want to switch race to Terran. Thanks again.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
Peekaboo
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada219 Posts
July 13 2010 03:14 GMT
#124
Awesome thread. Thanks for your efforts! I've been working on the TvT strat you suggest. Screwed up the scouting windows badly, so far, though.

Do you have some Phase 2 replays (organized by builds would be great).

I really want to do what Ver said to do for Broodwar, but haven't found a good replay pack, and now one that I can drop and drag on my SC shortcut to play.

"Look at every single vod/replay available of a pro player doing that build properly (see list below for
a start). When you are watching it, pause every 10-15 seconds and think: "what would I do in this
situation?" Then watch it and see how their decision diff ers from yours."
You loved me as a loser but now you're worried that I just might win. -L. Cohen
Jollyburner
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada190 Posts
July 13 2010 05:39 GMT
#125
fml tvt was hard enough already, this must be why. bury this ftw.

srsly, nice contribution here. 1 thing, @ plat, marine openings crush everything. thats my secret tho. dont tell anyone. i lol @ reapers dying on my cliff b4 i faceroll nubs. can be a pain but by the time they come usually u have way too many marines for anyone but a mid-highish diamond player to outmicro you. or a really good micro-strong player in plat.

also really easy to just pop a techlab n git u some rauders.

its cheesy, but not really cheese, since a couple tanks will round you out nicely after this, and they double for AA defense vs almost every air unit. plus bio is strong and transition to MMM is easy.
sc2 imba aoe im pro now :D
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
July 14 2010 18:26 GMT
#126
Hey tlers: need some good replays for this thread; but have a final next week and am setting up some forums so I'm low on time. Anyone who has diamond level TvT TvP or TvZ replays; you can post them on this thread so that people can find them. In addition, put a poll up in the post with the options ."amazing example of Tv(whatever matchup)" "Good example of "TvX" "Bad example of TvX." That way we can weed out the bad replays, and get the good ones into the OP.

Thanks.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
July 16 2010 15:39 GMT
#127
Where are the replays guys?! I guess im going to have to dig myself . Anyway- updated the zerg section with a nice guide on 1-1-1 play. Check it out! More to come in that section soon.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
July 16 2010 18:14 GMT
#128
On July 17 2010 00:39 Zoltan wrote:
Where are the replays guys?! I guess im going to have to dig myself . Anyway- updated the zerg section with a nice guide on 1-1-1 play. Check it out! More to come in that section soon.



At the behest of KawaiiRice, and the fact that the name "the 1/1/1 build" is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard, can we hence forth refer to it as "Fact Port"? Because the aforementioned build isn't really a build so much as explicitly a not-build. It techs without committing so it can go either Bio or Mech or anything else.

I considering it a 'build' is quite misleading.

In any case, I feel like if this were an actual complete overview, we'd have many many of the pro styles listed in each of the matchups, which is not currently the case. Does anyone else want to help contribute to that end?
One Love
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 18:31:25
July 16 2010 18:24 GMT
#129
Hey I never, ever called it a build - i call it an "opening" or "play"

Anywho im all for taking contributions; as of now this guide is compleatly of my own design, and all based on my own expierences. Any top level players that want to share their insights, ill be more than happy to put up your ideas / thoughts / articles (etc).
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
somatic
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia34 Posts
July 19 2010 13:36 GMT
#130
when u say defiantly, im pretty sure you mean definately :D idk if thats already been said, 7 pages was too much for me to read through
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
July 19 2010 17:58 GMT
#131
On July 19 2010 22:36 somatic wrote:
when u say defiantly, im pretty sure you mean definately :D idk if thats already been said, 7 pages was too much for me to read through


thanks for catching my typo... but where does it say that in the OP lol (its 50 pages long, help me out here bro)
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
July 28 2010 14:53 GMT
#132
Added a few updates to the OP. Will be throwing up replays from my first day of Post-beta play tonight.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
makoplux
Profile Joined April 2010
88 Posts
July 28 2010 16:25 GMT
#133
I couldn't really disagree more about 12rax builds being vulnerable to reaper. 12rax marines easily defends 9rax+reaper.
who is john galt?
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-28 23:27:45
July 28 2010 16:34 GMT
#134
On July 29 2010 01:25 makopluxx wrote:
I couldn't really disagree more about 12rax builds being vulnerable to reaper. 12rax marines easily defends 9rax+reaper.


Disagree all you want- replays or its false.
Speaking of replays- a bunch will be going up tonight, so check back later... EDIT: apparently sc2 doesn,t save every replay automatically anymore. Sad sad day, lost a bunch of good replays from yesterday lol. Ill mine some more .

EDIT: including 9 rax reaper beating 12 rax marines .
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
asdd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
228 Posts
July 28 2010 19:48 GMT
#135
Wowwww awesome guide. One question though, after spending the past hour reading all of that, I'm not sure if this came from your guide or not, but I read that you should put all your buildings in 1 control group and tab through them making units. Is this true, or is it best to split up buildings in different control groups (such as 9 CC, 8 rax with tech, 7 rax with reactor and so on)
I
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
July 28 2010 23:28 GMT
#136
On July 29 2010 04:48 Kolu wrote:
Wowwww awesome guide. One question though, after spending the past hour reading all of that, I'm not sure if this came from your guide or not, but I read that you should put all your buildings in 1 control group and tab through them making units. Is this true, or is it best to split up buildings in different control groups (such as 9 CC, 8 rax with tech, 7 rax with reactor and so on)


Thats personal preference, however since you cant tab through addons anymore, I have at least 2 control groups for buildings, one with tech labs and one without.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
asdd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
228 Posts
July 29 2010 12:19 GMT
#137
I'm a little confused on your protoss guide. I don't know what this means:


Vs Stargat tech (3 gate SG, or any 2 base starport play) or Vs Robo Tech (3gate robo, or 2 base 4 gate 2 robo) or vs Templar Tech

What I'm saying it when I scout protoss I have no idea what to look for to tell which of these 3 builds they are doing. Anything specific?
I
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 14:47:03
July 29 2010 14:45 GMT
#138
On July 29 2010 21:19 Kolu wrote:
I'm a little confused on your protoss guide. I don't know what this means:


Vs Stargat tech (3 gate SG, or any 2 base starport play) or Vs Robo Tech (3gate robo, or 2 base 4 gate 2 robo) or vs Templar Tech

What I'm saying it when I scout protoss I have no idea what to look for to tell which of these 3 builds they are doing. Anything specific?


Scouting toss tech is all about good timing on your scan, and keeping a scv in their base as long as possible. The timing on the scan is tough to get right at first, but if you get your orbital command right as your barracks finishes and drop in a mule right away, as soon as you have 50 energy again is a good time to scan. This, however, is NOT foolproof, as they could be hiding their tech structures in the back of their base. Sometimes a delayed reaper sent to hop up their cliff is needed just to poke around their base and see what they are doing.

TvP is still my weakest matchup- Either i overcommit to defending the warpgate push (ill usually mass up some marauders) and they come with void rays, or i get too many marines early and they roll me with guardian shield + zelots. I tried to remedy this by going marine-> tank, but then i was getting torn apart by blink stalkers, so recently i've been having sucess with an tech heavy army with a focus on banshees and marines, but It's still not perfect. I'll be updating the TvP as soon as I have some new info to post up.
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
IntoTheBush
Profile Joined July 2010
United States552 Posts
July 30 2010 05:39 GMT
#139
This is a nice overview, I learned a few things myself! So, thanks Zoltan!
asdd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
228 Posts
July 30 2010 12:38 GMT
#140
I have a question about Ghost EMP micro. Do you put your ghosts in a control group and press E with them all selected to EMP units or do you split ghosts up 1 by 1 and EMP like that? Meaning does it hurt you to EMP an area with more than one ghost selected or is it ideal.
I
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 186
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 464
910 59
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm3
League of Legends
Doublelift1074
Super Smash Bros
PPMD56
Other Games
summit1g9151
Grubby2819
shahzam592
C9.Mang0241
PiGStarcraft214
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• musti20045 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21448
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
25m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.