• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:14
CEST 20:14
KST 03:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8724 users

[M] (2) Fallen Dreams

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 20:38:03
December 29 2013 10:10 GMT
#1
Concept Map - Uploaded to EU

V 1.3

Special thanks to SigmaFiE and ScorpSCII for their amazing concept + layout work !

[image loading]



Map Details

                  Name Fallen Dreams
                  Version 1.3 (14/1/2014)
                  Bounds 132x164
                  Bases 10 Normal Yield + 2 6m




Aesthetics

+ Show Spoiler [Click for images ] +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]




Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
Bluejava
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden135 Posts
December 29 2013 10:32 GMT
#2
Wow these type of "switch the main base with the natural" kind of maps actually fix a lot of problems:O
"I've learned one thing for sure: Life is random and chaotic. Trying to put things into a pattern will only temporarily solve the problem. Once you embrace the madness, it will stop feeling overwhelming."
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
December 29 2013 10:55 GMT
#3
Woah, those bridges are epic, also really nice work with water and trees on 1st screenshot.

Idea with deadly bridges really adds something new. Is there visual timer on them? Like on the Raynor's bomb from campaign
DARKING
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Mexico675 Posts
December 29 2013 11:38 GMT
#4
This.
People should really pay more attention to maps with interesting features. Having the lava map on the Red Bull Battlegrounds was a good start. This, for having the low mains and the bridges, is a map I think deserves notoriety.

Zero idea if the map is actually balanced, but the idea is gold.
LiquipediaMexican Liquipedia staff and Terran player. I tweet things @DARKING665.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
December 29 2013 12:04 GMT
#5
Damn lezael you're churning out some really nice maps lately.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 29 2013 13:22 GMT
#6
Jesus lezael. You make the most gorgeous maps.
Cereal
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
December 29 2013 13:36 GMT
#7
Nice map!
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
December 29 2013 13:56 GMT
#8
Awesome concept! Thirty seconds sounds too fast though and people will probably just avoid bridges.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
uh-oh
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Hong Kong135 Posts
December 29 2013 14:19 GMT
#9
Every time I see a wide main entrance I immediately think about 4 gates in PvP.

But I love bridges, they give rise to more asymmetrical fights where a smaller force can hold off a larger force advancing on a bridge. They literally force a deathball to split up, lest risk being caught in a bad spot.
When I get to grandmasters, you have my permission to die!
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 21:21:57
January 01 2014 21:21 GMT
#10
This map is entirely unlike anything I've ever seen. It's immaculate. I want to say it's BW-esque, but it really isn't. It's SC2-esque.
',:/
skdeimos
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada155 Posts
January 01 2014 21:34 GMT
#11
On December 29 2013 23:19 uh-oh wrote:
Every time I see a wide main entrance I immediately think about 4 gates in PvP.

But I love bridges, they give rise to more asymmetrical fights where a smaller force can hold off a larger force advancing on a bridge. They literally force a deathball to split up, lest risk being caught in a bad spot.


4gates are rarely held at the ramp these days thanks to the advent of the MSC. I agree about bridges though.
Bswhunter
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia954 Posts
January 01 2014 23:45 GMT
#12
I love this map and its gimmick, but I think it might punish players a little too much.
Maybe you could just make it push units to whichever side of the bridge they are closest to? Make it like a 30 second forcefield comes up every minute or so. This would still make bridges really important, but it would avoid that one instance where a player is moving 50 supply worth of units over a bridge just to see them explode.

(Also if you could put some sort of effect leading up to the bridge changing, like a series of lights going on/off, that would be great)
Stop browsing and do whatever it is you're supposed to do. TL will still be here when you get back
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-04 14:01:36
January 04 2014 14:00 GMT
#13
Big news guys. Unfortunately the bridge system crashed at some point , so SigmaFiE had to remake it. I would also thank ScorpSCII for his work. Didnt know you made the layout of the map.

The map should be compatible with any version of gameheart. Go test it on EU !

[image loading]

P.S Png is such a low quality stuff to work with
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
January 08 2014 16:33 GMT
#14
Decided i really had to make something about the random shit with bridges.

- Changed bridges timer to 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
- Added visual indicator before a bridge effectively retracts. For clarity , map-pings , warning sounds and a timer.
- Added some big led lightings flashing before a bridge retracts.

Hope this will help a lot of the problems ive found during test games.
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
January 08 2014 22:25 GMT
#15
this looks sweet. great work @ all the co-authors!
skdeimos
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada155 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 17:40:32
January 08 2014 22:55 GMT
#16
One thing I'm kinda worried about is the fact that the attacker has a much shorter distance to bounce between the nat backdoor and main choke than the defender does. Not sure how, for example, Terran can deal with early ling/bane strategies if they have to keep multiple filled bunkers at two far locations.
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
January 08 2014 23:28 GMT
#17
30 seconds to 5 minutes? That really ruins the map imo. I think the 30 seconds was fine. It makes the bridges interesting. If I approach a bridge with my army and it is extended but I don't know for how long I will be wary to cross it. I now have options go around. Wait for it to cycle so that I can see it extend so I know I have 30 more seconds. So I decide to wait. While I wait my opponent notices that I am waiting to cross and he moves to defend but I don't realize this I go to cross when it extends again but find that my way he blocked by my opponents army. I need to retreat quickly or lose my army on the bridge. 30 seconds is great because it forces players to pay attention to the bridges if they want to cross. It is also good because if I lose track I don't have to wait long for it to cycle.

There is no reason to use the map if the timer is set at 5 minutes.

Also skdeimos is right the natural choke and main choke distance is problematic for the defender. Lefix had the same problem on his remake of Electric Circuit.

I beg you to change it back to 30 seconds.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
January 09 2014 07:19 GMT
#18
Why no gas in the corners? Seems like it might be useful for Zerg. But then again I haven't been watching the game at all for months.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
SigmaFiE
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States333 Posts
January 09 2014 15:00 GMT
#19
I tried reeeeeeaaally hard to keep quiet. :/

You should change the bridge timers down to more acceptable times. Here's why.

The reason 30 seconds was initially chosen had 3 points particular to it:
1) It forces players to have increased army position awareness and to time their attacks/retreats, making constant re-positioning very important.
2) The kill mechanic incorporated into the bridges increases the risk of using the bridges (as well as making them easily understood by players as not something to just sit on).
3) 30 seconds per bridge pair is easy to understand if not paying attention to the timers

When Scorp and I originally began this, we had not implemented the visual timer feedback, as you know--you did. By incorporating the visual timer feedback, you are correct in solving point 3. Meaning other time frmaes can be opened up to be used. Here is why you should not increase it too much though: the 30 seconds timer has 5 seconds animation transition between the extend/retract positions (effectively eliminating 5 seconds availability of the bridge to 25 seconds). By having the bridges act in pairs as we designed it along with short availability time frames you encourage players to attack aggressively and constantly position. It increases the tension of the game as your force that has made it across the bridge now has to secure a different retreat path than the one just taken. I suggest at most you increase the timer to 45 seconds and leave them acting in pairs, resulting in an effective 40 seconds availability per bridge pair with the offset still in place to encourage movement on both sides of the bridges (as well as some predictability which lessens the pain of a bridge kill mechanic through unpredictability).

As for the natural/main entrance issue-that is already solved as the defender can place units at both the top of the natural area and the bottom of the main area to defend. Units can walk along those little areas where terrain square holes are missing including some of the larger units like stalkers/marauders/etc. . . It is just a matter of players figuring out how to use it properly.
https://johnemerson.artstation.com/
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
January 09 2014 15:11 GMT
#20
Ok , im sorry. I did a mistake
Changed it to 45 seconds , the reason i changed it was mainly for a clarity issue. Having every 30 seconds visual/sound advisor like these was a pain in the ass.
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 897
SteadfastSC456
IndyStarCraft 186
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 632
SteadfastSC 456
IndyStarCraft 186
UpATreeSC 108
JuggernautJason5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23086
firebathero 206
Rush 128
Dewaltoss 50
Sexy 27
Trap 21
Shine 16
Bale 15
Djem5 7
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7525
qojqva1571
420jenkins143
monkeys_forever39
Counter-Strike
fl0m1602
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2052
crisheroes1174
Liquid`Hasu602
XaKoH 152
MindelVK16
Other Games
Grubby2337
ceh9784
FrodaN670
Beastyqt647
ArmadaUGS198
KnowMe154
Hui .153
C9.Mang0123
QueenE108
byalli107
Trikslyr74
Mew2King64
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
Other Games
BasetradeTV7
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1207
Other Games
• imaqtpie825
• Shiphtur257
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 46m
Stellar Fest
18h 46m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.