• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:06
CEST 01:06
KST 08:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6251 users

[M] (8) Electric Funeral

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
February 20 2012 07:10 GMT
#1
<Electric Funeral>
Made by: <TheFish>
Published on: <[NA]>

<Overview Image>
[image loading]

<In-Game Description:>
8 Player 4v4 map. Players are provided with a shared base and natural expansion. Bases get harder to take towards the middle, but rich minerals can be found on the island in the center.

<Introduction/Inspiration:>
+ Show Spoiler +
My second map was a way to challenge myself; I wanted to create a large map that could be used in 4v4 games, I wanted to use circular symmetry, and a custom texture pallet.

I play alot of 4v4 and have gotten bored of the same maps, the pool of which has not changed much over the seasons. I wanted to create a map where all the players had an equal chance at grabbing a natural expansion, but also was open enough to give rushing opportunities. The end result is quite large; its Epic at 256X256, playable 240X240. I also believe that its 25 expansions are 1 more than any current ladder map.

I'm currently deciding if I want to keep Top v Bottom only spawns or include Left v Right spawns as well, then ill publish on NA


Feedback is appreciated

Pictures (Aesthetics):

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


Map Analyzer

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

10 - 8 attack path

[image loading]

10- 5

[image loading]

10-4

[image loading]
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
February 20 2012 07:19 GMT
#2
I think you need a little more open spaces between the two sides. The towers are incredibly choky for a 4v4 map, look at the ladder 4v4 maps and every tower has open space on 3 sides at least. Remember that you could very well have a 1600 supply engagement going on. The chokes at the natural and at the nearby routes leading thereto really can't handle more than 2 maxed armies leaving every other teammate on both sides kind of useless in larger fights.

I'm also not fond of 4v4 maps that have such a wide distance for defense. I know the main bases are pretty secure especially with a friend right near by, but you're closer to your enemies vertical from you than your own allies, which favours cheesy aggression which is what 4v4 does not need, since ganging up early is already incentivized by the team format.

If the map is supposed to be for 4v4, and it's oriented Top vs Bottom, I would recommend chopping out the center 20%, which would removed the center obstacle, towers, and bases along the 12/6 oclock line, instead having open space. This would make "joining up" in the middle more natural but the early game would still involve 2 separate 2v2s vertically.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
February 21 2012 02:30 GMT
#3
On February 20 2012 16:19 EatThePath wrote:
I think you need a little more open spaces between the two sides. The towers are incredibly choky for a 4v4 map, look at the ladder 4v4 maps and every tower has open space on 3 sides at least. Remember that you could very well have a 1600 supply engagement going on. The chokes at the natural and at the nearby routes leading thereto really can't handle more than 2 maxed armies leaving every other teammate on both sides kind of useless in larger fights.

I'm also not fond of 4v4 maps that have such a wide distance for defense. I know the main bases are pretty secure especially with a friend right near by, but you're closer to your enemies vertical from you than your own allies, which favours cheesy aggression which is what 4v4 does not need, since ganging up early is already incentivized by the team format.

If the map is supposed to be for 4v4, and it's oriented Top vs Bottom, I would recommend chopping out the center 20%, which would removed the center obstacle, towers, and bases along the 12/6 oclock line, instead having open space. This would make "joining up" in the middle more natural but the early game would still involve 2 separate 2v2s vertically.


Thanks for the feedback

As of now the map is Top v Bottom only...
I think you're right about the towers - I am going to change that simply by lowering them to ground level and have a bit of lava on the side towards the middle.

I made the chokes at the natural the right size to allow a forge fast expand, and the chokes leading from the main are standard small sized ramps so one could wall off with a couple supply depots and a rax. The shared main means that you would have at least one teammate nearby to help defend early aggression, so the two players spawning close to the other team wouldn't be completely alone. On the other hand, I have been wondering how the long distances from east to west spawns might play out, and I think you're right to say that it would become two 2v2s.

I didn't want to make early aggression impossible with this map, but as it stands now I do think its a bit too easy, but only because of the locations of the exits from the naturals. The map is really pretty wide open - its 240X240, and can't get any bigger. Once I make the area around the watchtowers open, it will be super open.

I'm not willing to cut out all the stuff in the center of the map (I'd rather just make a new map with a new format) But I can think of some easier ways to change the rush distance.

One option would be to make the naturals in question (2, 4, 8, and 10 oclock) in base expansions by raising them up to that level, which would leave one entrance to each of now 4 bases, which I would widen.

Another option might be to simply block off those naturals with destructible rocks,

Or, the option I have been toying with in my head the most, is to remove the choke at the natural by extending the lava a bit, and then including a larger ramp into the main and a large ramp down into that natural, and the large ramp into the main would be blocked off with rocks. I'm a bit weary as I don;t want a rock-filled map, and I'm worried a big ramp and a small one might be a bit much to wall-off (although other 4v4 maps have big ramps without much issue)

If anyone has suggestions, I;d be delighted to hear
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
February 21 2012 02:56 GMT
#4
Sounds like the name to a song.
inFeZa
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia556 Posts
February 21 2012 03:34 GMT
#5
It is a name to a song. Black Sabbath.

Also - That island looks very happy.
Starcraft 2 in-game Observer. Follow me twitter.com/infeza
bpat
Profile Joined September 2011
United States157 Posts
February 21 2012 05:10 GMT
#6
This looks more like an 8 player 2v2 map than a 4v4 map.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 506
White-Ra 143
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever404
NeuroSwarm164
Super Smash Bros
PPMD80
AZ_Axe0
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8679
Liquid`Hasu1418
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g8431
Liquid`RaSZi3105
shahzam612
JimRising 372
C9.Mang0196
B2W.Neo162
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick345
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream324
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1023
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.