• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:54
CEST 14:54
KST 21:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9037 users

[A] Starbow - Page 492

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 490 491 492 493 494 537 Next
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
January 09 2014 12:56 GMT
#9821
I think if we combine the texturework of:

[image loading]

With the Colorscheme and 3d effects from:

[image loading]

Possibly adding the bow from:

[image loading]

We might have a winner
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
January 09 2014 13:10 GMT
#9822
Please low the warp in animation speed ... its very ugly to see ready zealots being stuck for 5 seconds in nothing :D
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 09 2014 13:36 GMT
#9823
OK. Complete logo's from my cuisine.

He has made every letter in 3D so it is easy to change color / settings if needed. Not sure if he is up for compining stuff, he has been quite busy lately. I'll talk to him about if if there is enough interest for it.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 13:47:38
January 09 2014 13:41 GMT
#9824
@Bugs from yesterday

I will upload an update today and take care off some of the bugs, including fixed maps.

@Zergling attack speed

A small starting DPS nerf seems reasonable based on the reasoning in this thread.

@Tooltips and information inside the game


Yea I know many of the tooltips lack information and are badly worded. XiA will help me go through all of them and update them. Won´t probably be done today though.

@Hotkey bindings


I am not sure how to do it. Anyone knows? I am ofc willing to make it easier for people to try Starbow. If anyone has more ideas, feel free to share them.

@Logo


Bring em on! I think the most fair thing is to have a poll about it. (Or I just brutally decide.. HA HA HA) But there are many alternatives now. Maybe choose 1 or 2 you like the most, out of your work, and I put them together in a poll?

I aim to start the poll maybe tomorrow, in case people want to fine tune their work further. (And with "people" I mean Xiphias friend and iHirO since you are the ones who have made logos :D)

@Warp in time

I do think Warp in is a fun mechanic. But I fear it causes huge balance problems. It gives P an insane defenders advantage in the late game. Its very easy to shut down drops and smaller skirmishes. If P is strongly ahead in bases/economy, it becomes even harder for for example Terran to get back into the game via harassment/smaller attacks. Get instant reinforcements anywhere on the map. I will not adjust anything about it yet. It obviously needs more games. Just a thing to keep an eye on.

With this said, I will not lower the warp in time of units since that would be even "worse". Instead I would prefer to just fix the graphic.

@Vods

I added the Vods to the opening thread. Check them out!


Creator of Starbow
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
January 09 2014 13:48 GMT
#9825

With this said, I will not lower the warp in time of units since that would be even "worse". Instead I would prefer to just fix the graphic.


Never said i would want to lower the warp in time. I just said warp in animation looks bad right now , and i would like it to be adjusted. I think it should be an easy fix under the actor settings for the skill.
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 14:16:01
January 09 2014 13:49 GMT
#9826
Aha, sorry for my missunderstanding. Thought you meant that units shall be warped in faster!
(I am not sure how to fix it properly. If you know a way to make it look super good, please send me instructions via PM. ^^ )
Creator of Starbow
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 13:56:17
January 09 2014 13:55 GMT
#9827
@Regarding micro for the basic units

Zealots have a short delay before they execute their attack. This is mostly visible in Hydra vs Zealot combats, since it allows more micro from the Zerg player. (Kinda as in BW)

Zerglings & Marines do not have this kind of delay, which gives them an advantage vs Zealots. (Easy to outmicro them)

Possible solutions:
- Remove the attack delay, aka Marines, Zerglings and Zealots act as in SC2
- Add an attack delay to Marines, Zergling, Zealot so they act in BW (Probably causes frustration, but will be more fair)
- Keep the attack delay on Zealots but compensate them in some other way. (Or by making Zerglings/Marines "weaker")

December, you don´t happen to have a good micro solution in your backpocket?
Creator of Starbow
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
January 09 2014 14:04 GMT
#9828
What about this for a subtle bow?

[image loading]
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
January 09 2014 14:12 GMT
#9829
On January 09 2014 21:44 decemberscalm wrote:
Thanks for the link Dirty!

@iHiro logo

I have a request.
Try a smaller or more subtle bow like the one in page 489.
Use kabel/gossen's traditional color scheme.

That could be amazing.


More like this then?

[image loading]
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 14:19:17
January 09 2014 14:14 GMT
#9830
Kabel what are your thoughts on the PM i sent you for protoss air? You have anything else in mind?

For Zealots - If there is no good fix to the "miss thing", then I wonder about just increasing movement speed of slow-zealots by 0.25. This will make them better vs mostly terran early game which can allow for some early game pressure.

It will also make them marginally less awfull vs speedhydras.
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 14:29:05
January 09 2014 14:27 GMT
#9831
On January 09 2014 23:04 iHirO wrote:
What about this for a subtle bow?


THIS. WE NEED THIS AS OUR LOGO.

@micro
I'll look what I can do for it.

I've worked on some more cleaned up micro so, so I'll see if it will work well for Starbow.

I think unit speed relationships are more important, but how BW attacking works is pretty beast and really hard to properly replicate in sc2.
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 14:40:22
January 09 2014 14:34 GMT
#9832
We fixed warp in animations guys , now it takes 10 seconds to complete the animation instead of the previous 5.
Btw , i fail to understand the sentinel role. Can someone give me some tips about his role ?
Also , ever thought about a long range 1-shot cannon for protoss ? I think it might be interesting :D
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 15:24:10
January 09 2014 14:38 GMT
#9833
This bow doesn't make the logo look too busy.
[image loading]
EDIT: Removed texture effect and darkened.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Kabel
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 14:52:50
January 09 2014 14:52 GMT
#9834
@Hider

I will write a larger post about it.

@leZaeL

Thanks for the help with the editor!

@Sentinel role

+ Show Spoiler +
It is able to do three things:
- Harass (with its high mobility, attack and with Null ward)
- Area control (Nullward and "Time warp)
- Support armies (Glare and Time warp)

Affects on the gameplay in the match-ups:

PvT: Enables early Stargate play vs T, can use Nullward both for harassment or for defence, example vs Vulture runbys. Its detection ability allows P another choice vs Spider mine/Banshee, instead of "always" going Robo bay as in BW. (Even though Observer is still the better detector)

PvZ: Mainly allows P to secure expansions earlier in the game, due to Null wards, which encourages more map presence.

PvP: Enables Stargate play in PvP. Null wards deal extra damage vs shield. Extra good vs Probes, can catch enemy Reavers+Warp prism with Null wards, can support army with "Time warp" spell. (I will try to rename it)

This unit is completely built and designed from scratch. Hopefully is it fun to play with, play against, and offers room for players to be creative with it in a useful way.

Creator of Starbow
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
January 09 2014 14:53 GMT
#9835
I think it's a bit too busy. I'd remove the letters within the letters and just make it a normal color gradient, with simple, non distracting texturing.

The kerning is also bugging me, especially between the S/T and between O/W.
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
January 09 2014 15:02 GMT
#9836
I think the letters within letters work great, but it is too busy yes - especially in the cyan text where the contrast really makes it look wierd.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 09 2014 17:59 GMT
#9837
I watched the game decemberscalm linked last night and it was great. So much constantly going on all over the map, tech switches, micro battles, small skirmishes, runbys, drops, harass. Compared to the average SC2 game it was action packed. I wonder if that was just an isolated example though.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 09 2014 18:03 GMT
#9838
Did you watch the other two as well? (From the front page.) They were as action packed as well (imo), Although the observer was pretty bad catching all the action
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
SolidSMD
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium408 Posts
January 09 2014 18:29 GMT
#9839
On January 10 2014 02:59 TotalBiscuit wrote:
I watched the game decemberscalm linked last night and it was great. So much constantly going on all over the map, tech switches, micro battles, small skirmishes, runbys, drops, harass. Compared to the average SC2 game it was action packed. I wonder if that was just an isolated example though.


Depends on the players I guess, all the games I've seen with romson were pretty good and actionpacked. =)
Working on Starbow!
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 18:52:47
January 09 2014 18:38 GMT
#9840
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 490 491 492 493 494 537 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1403
WardiTV692
OGKoka 242
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko407
OGKoka 264
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8908
Bisu 3725
FanTaSy 3119
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 1864
EffOrt 1392
Horang2 666
BeSt 606
actioN 538
Larva 319
[ Show more ]
Mini 203
Zeus 127
soO 113
Dewaltoss 109
Mind 87
Stork 77
Snow 77
Barracks 74
Sea.KH 53
Mong 45
ToSsGirL 42
hero 37
Yoon 37
sorry 35
Killer 33
Bale 29
Sexy 29
JYJ 24
Free 21
Shinee 20
Aegong 19
scan(afreeca) 19
Shine 17
zelot 17
HiyA 16
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3995
qojqva1274
Dendi963
XaKoH 536
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
x6flipin461
Other Games
singsing2654
olofmeister1015
hiko757
B2W.Neo679
Livibee655
crisheroes334
Pyrionflax232
XBOCT220
dupreeh79
QueenE14
Liquid`VortiX4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2097
• Nemesis882
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 7m
Replay Cast
10h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 7m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 7m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.