• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:11
CEST 23:11
KST 06:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5867 users

[UMS] Macro Or Die - The Competitive Macro Trainer - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 21 Next All
Bahamamama
Profile Joined January 2009
Germany26 Posts
May 13 2011 15:02 GMT
#161
Please port it to eu server. I really want to play it!
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-13 23:40:10
May 13 2011 16:33 GMT
#162
On May 13 2011 23:53 TheDeli wrote:
*rages at the Chronoboost nuke*
Let's say I have all tech structures and everything researched. It still punishes me for having nothing to chronoboost ._. And if I chrono a non-working building, it just nukes it. Dilemma much?

Help ._.

*on the flipside*
Never had I spent my resources this efficiently. Curse you nukes ._. (reached cushion 9x)


EDIT: You don't get nuked for chronoboost failures. You only get nuked for stockpiling too many resources. Failing any of the three objectjust means you won't be promoted to next Macro level.

It's not as easy for Zergs and Protoss to spend their energy as it is for Terrans (M.U.L.E is too good). With that said, I'm reluctant to change it because I'm trying to encourage people to pound that max army into something and keep macroing. If you've got nothing left to research or produce, then what exactly are you waiting for? Attack!

If you choose not to do this then you are focusing purely on micro, which means there's no reason to promote your macro ability.


Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
oso96_2000
Profile Joined May 2011
Mexico2 Posts
May 13 2011 19:43 GMT
#163
Hi! I would love to see this maps on LA servers. Is there any way i can help you to make it possible?
SiLeNtDeViL
Profile Joined November 2010
United States28 Posts
May 13 2011 19:47 GMT
#164
First off I'd like to say that these maps are great. And I think they will really help me macro better the more I practice with them.

But I was curious how they currently relate to blizzard AI or other leagues (if its possible to compare that). I noticed it was said that very easy = very hard blizz AI, but then also that that was going to be changed in an earlier version.

I am currently playing on easy, and winning but having my macro slip a bit. I was getting diamond-masters on very easy, and down to gold on easy. With some practice I can hopefully get it back up before moving on to medium etc.

I had a few ideas for improvements I thought might be worth considering:
1. If there was a way to restart mid game
2. if there was a way to add in build orders, so you could practice macro and practice nailing a build order at same time

Keep up the good work!
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 13 2011 23:36 GMT
#165
On May 13 2011 16:40 Fyresoul wrote:
These are amazing maps!
Is there a set timer when it checks for the constraints? Because it seems like I have my builds timed to pop out my first queens pretty much right before then causing me to get a red X for that check, or my larvae will have just popped on my natural's hatch and as I'm going to inject the round scores.

Not a big deal, but a bit annoying when you've pressed 'V' and the round scores before you click your hatch.

Also my friend and I 2v'd against 2 easy random AIs on Tal'Darim Altar LE, the Zerg 6-pooled and the Protoss just did a 2-gate expand. It's like they planned it
Edit for replay:
Fyresoul, sohcahtoa vs Computer, Computer


The timer issue is a bug. Promotion checks are triggered by the game timer, which is off because there is no way to pause the game time and allow you to interact with the game at the same time. So the longer readying up takes, the more off the checks will feel; with a maximum error of 59 seconds.

This will be fixed when I make a bigger change to it.

Promotion check times will no longer be fixed. They will be based off of current macro level. To get into Diamond, players will need to maintain Platinum longer than they would have to maintain Silver to get into Gold.

The fix will address a lot of erroneous quotes of Master and Grandmaster when people are against a passive opponent. It may also provide some relief for those complaining about when they try to do a somewhat early expand*.


*No one has explained, shown a BO, or given a replay that has swayed me to believe that popping out 10 mutas as a Spire finishes is good Macro. So this will not do much for that; it may help in making earlier mutas more feasible though.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 13 2011 23:53 GMT
#166
On May 14 2011 04:47 SiLeNtDeViL wrote:
First off I'd like to say that these maps are great. And I think they will really help me macro better the more I practice with them.

But I was curious how they currently relate to blizzard AI or other leagues (if its possible to compare that). I noticed it was said that very easy = very hard blizz AI, but then also that that was going to be changed in an earlier version.

I am currently playing on easy, and winning but having my macro slip a bit. I was getting diamond-masters on very easy, and down to gold on easy. With some practice I can hopefully get it back up before moving on to medium etc.

I had a few ideas for improvements I thought might be worth considering:
1. If there was a way to restart mid game
2. if there was a way to add in build orders, so you could practice macro and practice nailing a build order at same time

Keep up the good work!


Thank you for the kind words.

If I had to estimate the AI's performance based on playing the ladder I'd say it's like this:
Unranked - Bronze = Very Easy
Bronze - Silver = Easy
Silver - Gold = Medium
Gold - Platinum = Hard

My advice is that you play the AI to pratice your speed and builds, and you use play against humans on a Macro Or Die map to get the experience you can only get from a scrimmage.

Rematch will be an option that resets the game from the score screen on the next update.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
fatum
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Spain83 Posts
May 14 2011 00:44 GMT
#167
wtf! this is epic!

Great job men, not much people invest their time creating nice training maps.
Go on! never let the project fall
Aim to climb as high as you can dream.
Vison
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada53 Posts
May 14 2011 01:09 GMT
#168
What an epic design for a custom map. Currently using them to train my friend up to a higher skill level. Many thanks to the creator.
Fyresoul
Profile Joined March 2011
United States26 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 06:36:07
May 14 2011 05:34 GMT
#169
Should these work for more than 2 people? We've tried on GSL Crevasse, Tal'Darim Altar LE, and Metalopolis. But it seems to freeze for the 3rd and 4th player in FFA or 2v2 mode.

Thanks!
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 14 2011 07:44 GMT
#170
On May 14 2011 14:34 Fyresoul wrote:
Should these work for more than 2 people? We've tried on GSL Crevasse, Tal'Darim Altar LE, and Metalopolis. But it seems to freeze for the 3rd and 4th player in FFA or 2v2 mode.

Thanks!


They should. I'll look into it.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
May 14 2011 11:09 GMT
#171
On May 14 2011 08:53 _Major wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 04:47 SiLeNtDeViL wrote:
First off I'd like to say that these maps are great. And I think they will really help me macro better the more I practice with them.

But I was curious how they currently relate to blizzard AI or other leagues (if its possible to compare that). I noticed it was said that very easy = very hard blizz AI, but then also that that was going to be changed in an earlier version.

I am currently playing on easy, and winning but having my macro slip a bit. I was getting diamond-masters on very easy, and down to gold on easy. With some practice I can hopefully get it back up before moving on to medium etc.

I had a few ideas for improvements I thought might be worth considering:
1. If there was a way to restart mid game
2. if there was a way to add in build orders, so you could practice macro and practice nailing a build order at same time

Keep up the good work!


Thank you for the kind words.

If I had to estimate the AI's performance based on playing the ladder I'd say it's like this:
Unranked - Bronze = Very Easy
Bronze - Silver = Easy
Silver - Gold = Medium
Gold - Platinum = Hard

My advice is that you play the AI to pratice your speed and builds, and you use play against humans on a Macro Or Die map to get the experience you can only get from a scrimmage.

Rematch will be an option that resets the game from the score screen on the next update.


I'm at the top of gold and I can assure you that medium is much harder than any opponent I face.

I was fiddling around with zerg and tbh I can't beat that vicious AI on easy. Either it has the map hax or it builds a perfect counter on what it scouts. Without fail. I just tried a 15 hatch- pounded in by voidrays. 14 pool/gas 21 hatch? pounded in by marine hellion.

Maybe I just suck, maybe i'm tired but that green tea is insanely good.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
sc2pal
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland624 Posts
May 14 2011 11:29 GMT
#172
I want it on EU! :<
astroorion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1022 Posts
May 14 2011 11:54 GMT
#173
Can't wait to try this, it looks great!
MLG Admin | Astro.631 NA
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 14 2011 14:56 GMT
#174
On May 14 2011 20:09 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 08:53 _Major wrote:
On May 14 2011 04:47 SiLeNtDeViL wrote:
First off I'd like to say that these maps are great. And I think they will really help me macro better the more I practice with them.

But I was curious how they currently relate to blizzard AI or other leagues (if its possible to compare that). I noticed it was said that very easy = very hard blizz AI, but then also that that was going to be changed in an earlier version.

I am currently playing on easy, and winning but having my macro slip a bit. I was getting diamond-masters on very easy, and down to gold on easy. With some practice I can hopefully get it back up before moving on to medium etc.

I had a few ideas for improvements I thought might be worth considering:
1. If there was a way to restart mid game
2. if there was a way to add in build orders, so you could practice macro and practice nailing a build order at same time

Keep up the good work!


Thank you for the kind words.

If I had to estimate the AI's performance based on playing the ladder I'd say it's like this:
Unranked - Bronze = Very Easy
Bronze - Silver = Easy
Silver - Gold = Medium
Gold - Platinum = Hard

My advice is that you play the AI to pratice your speed and builds, and you use play against humans on a Macro Or Die map to get the experience you can only get from a scrimmage.

Rematch will be an option that resets the game from the score screen on the next update.


I'm at the top of gold and I can assure you that medium is much harder than any opponent I face.

I was fiddling around with zerg and tbh I can't beat that vicious AI on easy. Either it has the map hax or it builds a perfect counter on what it scouts. Without fail. I just tried a 15 hatch- pounded in by voidrays. 14 pool/gas 21 hatch? pounded in by marine hellion.

Maybe I just suck, maybe i'm tired but that green tea is insanely good.


You don't suck. You're playing Zerg. It's going to be much tougher for you then other races. You must scout and get a good sense of whether your larvae are going towards units or drones. You don't have the luxury of walling in and exploiting the AI "gung-ho" nature.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
lluke9
Profile Joined January 2011
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 15:31:17
May 14 2011 15:30 GMT
#175
Wow, very nice, thank you! My macro is just horrible... for me, macro is a micro in itself xD

I had to search for +macro +or +die instead of +macro +die though, +macro +die got me a bunch of irrelevant maps.

Also, I suggest Lost Temple to be implemented system. I think it's a classic map, and its just great, so...
Who always done what with is although people nihilism of doom.
NickMP
Profile Joined February 2011
United States46 Posts
May 14 2011 19:22 GMT
#176
These maps have REALLY been helping me get better at macro.
I always seem to macro better in these maps then on the ladder.
(It keeps ranking me at GM league(X2-X5 cushion with protoss and terran,i'm high gold. :| )

But regardless,very good map!
I'm trying to learn how to play tetris A type music by lowering/raising my Supply Depots.
mYiKane
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1772 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 06:32:31
May 15 2011 05:41 GMT
#177
Right now I am getting terrible latency, and so I was wondering if it was possible to play these in the single player mode (going to versus AI) instead of multiplayer mode (joining/creating a custom game)? I really want to try these out but just can't with the lag I am experiencing on Bnet with the exception of the single player mode.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
May 15 2011 16:26 GMT
#178
Damn I really need these, can someone put them up on EU?
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
May 15 2011 16:28 GMT
#179
Yeah, please. I keep checking this topic hoping they would be up on EU every day or two. =P

Pretty please!
legatus legionis
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands559 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 16:30:30
May 15 2011 16:29 GMT
#180
They are talking about it on Weapon of Choice atm and I'm glad they are. I haven't seen this before and it looks really cool. I'm a huge fan of trainer type maps. I've spend an insane amount of time with yabot. I really enjoying playing that but there is not enough pressure on as the game progresses. For that this should be amazing and I can't wait to give it a spin.

With the macro thing the economy speeds up faster and faster making it much harder but when you get supply blocked (edit I actually mean when you max out 200/200 and cannot build more unless you lose army) everything falls apart.
I would like to pre-suggest making it possible to remove the food maximum cap all together and or possibly "ditch" units. So that you can continue in very late stages where you will have lost 100's of food in army already. I think the speed from that, might not be completely realistic but that kind of pressure challenge does make for good learning challenge.

Thanks a lot man, this is gonna rock
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 189
JuggernautJason119
Nina 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 601
White-Ra 178
firebathero 81
910 42
NaDa 21
Counter-Strike
Fnx 819
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0174
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9636
Liquid`Hasu1760
crisheroes1637
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g6606
Liquid`RaSZi5672
Beastyqt797
shahzam474
B2W.Neo233
Pyrionflax192
ToD167
KnowMe112
ArmadaUGS108
ZombieGrub91
IndyStarCraft 73
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream364
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Eskiya23 22
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV472
League of Legends
• TFBlade1062
Other Games
• imaqtpie1093
• Shiphtur301
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.