• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:54
CEST 10:54
KST 17:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6782 users

iCCup Mapmaking Team & Map Pool - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
December 15 2010 07:42 GMT
#301
On December 15 2010 16:37 EatThePath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 13:39 prodiG wrote:
Streaming work on a new map (2) Nemesis. Check it out http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/prodiG


Missed it. =\

Are you featured? I don't always check all the streamers. Definitely post again if you're streaming!

I think I'm actually going to go live in about 15 minutes! I'm not featured and I definitely don't have a schedule for this sort of thing. I'd like to be featured but from what I understand that's a weird process and I haven't spent enough time on the air to qualify yet.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 15 2010 07:56 GMT
#302
I'll be watching
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 08:32:11
December 15 2010 08:00 GMT
#303
Stream is up now prodiG

I'll be streaming until the end of the Wintersun album, working on (4) Dark Sun. Eating atm so that's why stream says "Starting soon!"

EDIT: Not live.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
United_Strafes
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10 Posts
December 20 2010 05:55 GMT
#304
Hey gonna do another map article soon, would love to show off the new maps, there seems to be about 5 new ones right now since the last article but I'm gonna do a big one when Blizzard releases they're scenario maps whenever that may be, also seems like Blizzard is getting ready to have some kind of map service soon but what that entails idk. If you want to give it a read it's @

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=news&news_id=718026&home

Anyway the maps look great by the time another article rolls around I'm sure they'll be alot to show off, seems like some of the previous maps are getting tweaked too, looking foreward to maybe having some community maps in the offical pool that would be awsome.
DNB
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland995 Posts
December 22 2010 08:24 GMT
#305
I can't retain myself for enabling caps lock: WHEN IS GRAND LINE COMING OUT??? It looks awesome... Only thing I'm a bit suspicious about is the accessibility of any third gas expansions... But it's probably fine in 1v1.
Brewed Tea
Profile Joined October 2010
United States124 Posts
December 22 2010 16:51 GMT
#306
okay okay okay, WHERES BLOODBATH !
if it wasnt for mules terrans would have to 15 hatch every game.
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
December 22 2010 17:15 GMT
#307
On December 23 2010 01:51 Brewed Tea wrote:
okay okay okay, WHERES BLOODBATH !
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=156922
*iCCup does not endorse posts made by CM.
ESV Mapmaking Team
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
December 22 2010 18:21 GMT
#308
On December 22 2010 17:24 DNB wrote:
I can't retain myself for enabling caps lock: WHEN IS GRAND LINE COMING OUT??? It looks awesome... Only thing I'm a bit suspicious about is the accessibility of any third gas expansions... But it's probably fine in 1v1.


Grand Line is too big. If there's a big demand, I could remake it into a smaller size.
BuuGhost
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands340 Posts
December 22 2010 18:42 GMT
#309
On December 23 2010 03:21 neobowman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 17:24 DNB wrote:
I can't retain myself for enabling caps lock: WHEN IS GRAND LINE COMING OUT??? It looks awesome... Only thing I'm a bit suspicious about is the accessibility of any third gas expansions... But it's probably fine in 1v1.


Grand Line is too big. If there's a big demand, I could remake it into a smaller size.

What sort of big. Like exeeding the 10MB cap? Or like you have 5MB in use and it is like 9MB.
Or like 500x500 for a one player map?
And grand line really needs to be published :<
"Kinda like this thing but there’s something you should know, I just came to say hello."
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
December 22 2010 18:54 GMT
#310
On December 23 2010 03:42 BuuGhost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2010 03:21 neobowman wrote:
On December 22 2010 17:24 DNB wrote:
I can't retain myself for enabling caps lock: WHEN IS GRAND LINE COMING OUT??? It looks awesome... Only thing I'm a bit suspicious about is the accessibility of any third gas expansions... But it's probably fine in 1v1.


Grand Line is too big. If there's a big demand, I could remake it into a smaller size.

What sort of big. Like exeeding the 10MB cap? Or like you have 5MB in use and it is like 9MB.
Or like 500x500 for a one player map?
And grand line really needs to be published :<


I'm pretty sure it's already on NA. But it's 144x144 size so I don't like it that much.
DNB
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland995 Posts
December 24 2010 07:41 GMT
#311
On December 23 2010 03:21 neobowman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 17:24 DNB wrote:
I can't retain myself for enabling caps lock: WHEN IS GRAND LINE COMING OUT??? It looks awesome... Only thing I'm a bit suspicious about is the accessibility of any third gas expansions... But it's probably fine in 1v1.


Grand Line is too big. If there's a big demand, I could remake it into a smaller size.



I think when we compare the unit movement clumsiness in BW to SC2, the 144x144 in SC2 translates roughly to 128x128 in BW... I still don't see why it's too big when people have been asking for bigger maps all the time...
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
December 24 2010 08:18 GMT
#312
On December 24 2010 16:41 DNB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2010 03:21 neobowman wrote:
On December 22 2010 17:24 DNB wrote:
I can't retain myself for enabling caps lock: WHEN IS GRAND LINE COMING OUT??? It looks awesome... Only thing I'm a bit suspicious about is the accessibility of any third gas expansions... But it's probably fine in 1v1.


Grand Line is too big. If there's a big demand, I could remake it into a smaller size.



I think when we compare the unit movement clumsiness in BW to SC2, the 144x144 in SC2 translates roughly to 128x128 in BW... I still don't see why it's too big when people have been asking for bigger maps all the time...


sadly Blizzard balance around their retarded 4x4 maps but i love grand line
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
Grebliv
Profile Joined May 2006
Iceland800 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-24 08:37:31
December 24 2010 08:36 GMT
#313
On December 24 2010 16:41 DNB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2010 03:21 neobowman wrote:
On December 22 2010 17:24 DNB wrote:
I can't retain myself for enabling caps lock: WHEN IS GRAND LINE COMING OUT??? It looks awesome... Only thing I'm a bit suspicious about is the accessibility of any third gas expansions... But it's probably fine in 1v1.


Grand Line is too big. If there's a big demand, I could remake it into a smaller size.



I think when we compare the unit movement clumsiness in BW to SC2, the 144x144 in SC2 translates roughly to 128x128 in BW... I still don't see why it's too big when people have been asking for bigger maps all the time...


blizzard is balancing the game for steppes.

144x144 can make cross metal look shortish.
ESV Mapmaking!
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
December 24 2010 09:28 GMT
#314
--- Nuked ---
The PWNion
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada39 Posts
December 24 2010 12:25 GMT
#315
i had this thought of "pimp my map" where you revise budding mapper's maps. thought i would share it.
News From the Heart
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 24 2010 15:53 GMT
#316
Wtf why would people say 144x144 is too big? Just for clarification, these are the sizes of the Blizzard maps:

Lost Temple: 132x134
Kulas Ravine: 140x136
Metalopolis: 140x140
Shakuras Plateau: 156x128

Do these maps feel too big to anyone?
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
December 24 2010 15:58 GMT
#317
On December 25 2010 00:53 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Wtf why would people say 144x144 is too big? Just for clarification, these are the sizes of the Blizzard maps:

Lost Temple: 132x134
Kulas Ravine: 140x136
Metalopolis: 140x140
Shakuras Plateau: 156x128

Do these maps feel too big to anyone?


Keep in mind that Metal and Lost Temple are diagonally shaped. They're basically squares but turned 45 degrees to fit in another square. Kulas sucks balls so its size doesn't matter (actually, it's just because it's natural leads straight into the centre) and shakuras has a huge amount of space behind the mains and naturals.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 24 2010 16:07 GMT
#318
On December 25 2010 00:58 neobowman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2010 00:53 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Wtf why would people say 144x144 is too big? Just for clarification, these are the sizes of the Blizzard maps:

Lost Temple: 132x134
Kulas Ravine: 140x136
Metalopolis: 140x140
Shakuras Plateau: 156x128

Do these maps feel too big to anyone?


Keep in mind that Metal and Lost Temple are diagonally shaped. They're basically squares but turned 45 degrees to fit in another square. Kulas sucks balls so its size doesn't matter (actually, it's just because it's natural leads straight into the centre) and shakuras has a huge amount of space behind the mains and naturals.


Size isn't everything on its own. The problem with Grand Line was distances. It became a turtle fest because of the long rush distance, and closeness of expansions to the main. The map just doesn't work as it did in BW because of pathing and distances. It'd have to be reworked smaller, and had some adjusting with the center HY and 3rd mineral only.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
December 24 2010 16:14 GMT
#319
On December 25 2010 00:53 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Wtf why would people say 144x144 is too big? Just for clarification, these are the sizes of the Blizzard maps:

Lost Temple: 132x134
Kulas Ravine: 140x136
Metalopolis: 140x140
Shakuras Plateau: 156x128

Do these maps feel too big to anyone?

Lost Temple and Metalopolis are squares withing squares:
[image loading]
Giving it an effective area of 132/sqrt(1^2 + 1^2) * 134/sqrt(1^2 + 1^2).
So lost temple would be 93x94. (Just an example it's obviously much larger than 93x94.)

Obviously this is just a over simplification but the area actually covered by LT is definitely closer to 128x128 than one would think. The same applies to metalopolis.

Kulas Ravines and Shakuras Plateau are very large in comparison. Kulas however is interesting because it features extremely long main to main distances yet extremely short nat to nat distances. This is because the nats extend directly towards the center of the map. Shakuras plateau offers naturals that extend slightly away from the center of the map so it feels larger. When looking at the actual image of the map one can see that not every inch of free space is used:
[image loading]

Compared to Grandline:
[image loading]
Where nearly all the space is used.

This just goes to show that map bounds don't show the whole picture.

Furthermore Grand Line is extremely open in the center which makes it feel like a larger map in general (python too).

I think the community as a whole is moving back towards smaller maps as they notice more and more zerg players are becoming comfortable with them and don't need the help of large maps to win.

With all that being said I fully support the publication of Grand Line so people can experience it and provide feedback.
ESV Mapmaking Team
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
December 24 2010 18:17 GMT
#320
is there an irc channel where we could arrange games on iccup maps?
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 136
EnDerr 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2886
Hyuk 213
Soma 157
Stork 154
Yoon 63
NotJumperer 61
Killer 58
Mong 57
Shinee 53
ToSsGirL 45
[ Show more ]
Sharp 41
Bale 30
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Hm[arnc] 23
EffOrt 23
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 7
League of Legends
JimRising 503
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1186
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9545
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
Other Games
summit1g7848
singsing808
Happy333
crisheroes42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2199
• WagamamaTV2
League of Legends
• Stunt453
Other Games
• Shiphtur782
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 7m
INu's Battles
2h 7m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 7m
OSC
13h 22m
Replay Cast
14h 7m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.