• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:54
CEST 11:54
KST 18:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10852 users

[MOD] Yet Another Build Order Tester (YABOT) - Page 43

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 All
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
April 15 2013 05:46 GMT
#841
Instead of creating a new post does anyone know if there's a HoTS version of this mod? Or any alternatives?
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
mihajovics
Profile Joined April 2011
179 Posts
April 15 2013 11:18 GMT
#842
just bumping the thread... anyone know of an alternative? yabot seems to be dead
Nanaki
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium12 Posts
August 12 2013 00:23 GMT
#843
I guess I'll bump this again, because yabot's attack waves were one of the most extremely useful maps in the pool. An alternative would greatly be appreciated. Blizzard's "Take command" comes close, but no cigar (the loading screen each time you restart makes it that much less enjoyable, or effective).
We are Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated.
Flywheel
Profile Joined October 2013
United States3 Posts
October 04 2013 01:22 GMT
#844
It looks like people are bumping this every few months.

According to the current arcade in BNet the old map creators are:
-----#. Name----------------(MapsCreated)------------Rating
+ Show Spoiler +

-----1. zeroJive--------------(3)-------------------------------5/5
-----2. Rathalos-------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----3. Sarcastica----------(8)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----4. Yoshi-----------------(4)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----5. MortelL--------------(5)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----6. agilefall--------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----7. Aires-----------------(3)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----8. Johnson------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----9. Fitzgerald----------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----10. Rookie-------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----11. Frugalicious------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----12. AWEadam-------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----13. DerpyHooves----(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----14. trbot-----------------(1)-----------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----15. Eugene------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----16. HeadacheMan--(5)------------------------------4/5


It appears as though all YABOT development died awhile back. That hopefully changes today. I am interested in taking this project up and want to gain access to the old files for mining their value.
But, I only want to do this if the community here would actually use it and derive value. If I am the only one that ever benefits from a new YABOT then that would be kind of sad.

If there is enough interest in the idea then I'll lead a project to get this thing up off the ground. I have seen different things over the years with gosugamers and esportsu from Artosis, even the Day9 daily, Husky's channel, and HDStarcraft's channel. The casters are all really good sources. esportsu had it's heydey. Gosugamers rose and sunk.
Yet, none of them were or are in the game with you like zeroJive's YABOT. ZeroJive's YABOT is like an in-game coach. It is one of the best sources to help a noob perfect build orders and maybe even timings.

Before this post gets too long then let's reiterate the main idea.

I might restart YABOT. I want ideas and possibly collaborators.

Who likes the idea?
Who is interested in the idea?
Who wants to help?
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” - Marcel Proust
Rizzelet
Profile Joined February 2008
United States74 Posts
October 04 2013 01:53 GMT
#845
On October 04 2013 10:22 Flywheel wrote:
It looks like people are bumping this every few months.

According to the current arcade in BNet the old map creators are:
-----#. Name----------------(MapsCreated)------------Rating
+ Show Spoiler +

-----1. zeroJive--------------(3)-------------------------------5/5
-----2. Rathalos-------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----3. Sarcastica----------(8)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----4. Yoshi-----------------(4)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----5. MortelL--------------(5)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----6. agilefall--------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----7. Aires-----------------(3)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----8. Johnson------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
-----9. Fitzgerald----------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----10. Rookie-------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----11. Frugalicious------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----12. AWEadam-------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----13. DerpyHooves----(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----14. trbot-----------------(1)-----------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----15. Eugene------------(1)------------------------------0/5 (maps don't work from arcade)
----16. HeadacheMan--(5)------------------------------4/5


It appears as though all YABOT development died awhile back. That hopefully changes today. I am interested in taking this project up and want to gain access to the old files for mining their value.
But, I only want to do this if the community here would actually use it and derive value. If I am the only one that ever benefits from a new YABOT then that would be kind of sad.

If there is enough interest in the idea then I'll lead a project to get this thing up off the ground. I have seen different things over the years with gosugamers and esportsu from Artosis, even the Day9 daily, Husky's channel, and HDStarcraft's channel. The casters are all really good sources. esportsu had it's heydey. Gosugamers rose and sunk.
Yet, none of them were or are in the game with you like zeroJive's YABOT. ZeroJive's YABOT is like an in-game coach. It is one of the best sources to help a noob perfect build orders and maybe even timings.

Before this post gets too long then let's reiterate the main idea.

I might restart YABOT. I want ideas and possibly collaborators.

Who likes the idea?
Who is interested in the idea?
Who wants to help?


Unfortunately, I don't think I'm quite capable of helping in reviving YABOT, although I can assure you that I would most certainly use an updated version of this map and derive a huge amount of value from it.
Flywheel
Profile Joined October 2013
United States3 Posts
October 04 2013 01:56 GMT
#846
Rizzlet, that is just what I want to connect the map with is users like yourself.

I need to get in contact with the original creators to ask them how to help.
If anyone could help me do so I would so much appreciate it!
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” - Marcel Proust
Rizzelet
Profile Joined February 2008
United States74 Posts
October 04 2013 15:27 GMT
#847
On October 04 2013 10:56 Flywheel wrote:
Rizzlet, that is just what I want to connect the map with is users like yourself.

I need to get in contact with the original creators to ask them how to help.
If anyone could help me do so I would so much appreciate it!


Sorry, but I'm not sure how to get in contact with them. However, I wish you the best of luck in the future. I'll continue to monitor this thread and watch for any developments.
randi
Profile Joined November 2011
8 Posts
October 11 2013 23:13 GMT
#848
I would be interested in a working YABOT. Judging from the 40 page thread, other poeple might be too. I doubt I could help though.
Let us know your progress on this project !


zaifi
Profile Joined October 2013
Ukraine4 Posts
October 14 2013 15:50 GMT
#849
I`m also working at map very similar with YABOT. But it has some unique functionality.
Unfortunately, there is a rule on TL that new registered users cannot create topic in first three days after registrations.
Look for announce in three days .
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 16:36:32
October 14 2013 16:35 GMT
#850
Well, since everyone else is doing this I may as well too! I'm also working on a mod with YABOT-like functionality. (
)

If I could make a request of you guys it would be to stay true to the YABOT encoding scheme if that's what you are using so that builds can be transfered between tools. Or if you want to put your own spin on things then document your extensions to the encoding so others can do the same.
CakeSauc3
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1437 Posts
October 14 2013 20:16 GMT
#851
I'm always interested in a new Yabot-like map, I find them very useful for practicing a new build/idea. If you make an updated version, I will be very happy :D
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
July 13 2014 01:24 GMT
#852
Since almost all of the last posts in this thread are about a replacement for YABOT. I have been working on a project called Benchmarker for the last year as a tool to replace YABOT and what it was used for back in WoL.

I figured I'd go ahead and add a link here in case anyone is coming back to the game and finds this thread.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/460632-benchmarker-beta
Prev 1 41 42 43 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 214
Lowko31
ProTech20
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1767
Larva 974
Horang2 729
BeSt 639
Hyuk 456
soO 403
EffOrt 340
ZerO 250
Zeus 183
Stork 81
[ Show more ]
Rush 79
Light 64
Killer 64
Shinee 63
Mind 33
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 27
Bale 22
Sacsri 18
Terrorterran 17
PianO 17
HiyA 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 693
XcaliburYe302
Counter-Strike
byalli926
Other Games
singsing1484
olofmeister1340
ceh9668
crisheroes220
Livibee181
ArmadaUGS55
Mew2King51
ZerO(Twitch)5
Sick0
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH330
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Jankos1835
• Stunt373
Other Games
• WagamamaTV102
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.