• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:57
CEST 03:57
KST 10:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7338 users

horror_vs_alf - Page 2

Forum Index > Replays
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Gandalf
Profile Joined August 2004
Pakistan1905 Posts
May 05 2008 17:09 GMT
#21
Anyways it if was an all-in strategy then by definition upon not working to win the game he should have lost, which he didn't...why? Because he had a followup. And having a followup means it's not all-in. People whine about cheeses and all-ins but analyzing your opponents play and countering it's weaknesses is not cheese. In the Longinus Draco vs Horror game, many many protosses go for a wall break early with 2 gate goon...leaving their main totally open. Making a proxy fac and exploiting this won Horror the game. But what does he get? A bunch of noobs in the comments thread calling him a cheeser and a loser noob. That's pretty dumb.
kroko
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Finland2136 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-05 18:48:56
May 05 2008 18:29 GMT
#22
I said I wouldnt post but I pulled a Testie...
So Gandalf, 4pool is perfect counter for 14cc and 14nex, is it a cheese ? Where do u draw the line...? I/we draw it here....

Also who are the noobs calling Horror noob ?
I have Sick Timing and UnReal Macro
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
May 05 2008 19:14 GMT
#23
On May 06 2008 03:29 kroko wrote:
I said I wouldnt post but I pulled a Testie...
So Gandalf, 4pool is perfect counter for 14cc and 14nex, is it a cheese ? Where do u draw the line...? I/we draw it here....

Also who are the noobs calling Horror noob ?


5 pool would get scouted and stopped by cannons before lings arrive

Moderator
Painbringer
Profile Joined March 2003
Norway446 Posts
May 05 2008 19:56 GMT
#24
awsome game, and I can`t describe how much I agree with Twisted in this discussion. sick of the same macro wars I find it much more exciting when people play like this especially when its an important match.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
May 05 2008 20:57 GMT
#25
i agree with twisted's sentiments except that he started with "starcraft sucks now" or w/e. He's being as dumb as those that call everything cheese there.
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
May 05 2008 21:02 GMT
#26
It sucks compared to what it was.

It doesn't suck on its own lol
Moderator
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
May 06 2008 05:30 GMT
#27
that sounds like a guy who was around when it didnt "suck" and now comfortably bitches about the state of things while being relatively disconnected from it.

Think I got you pegged

Lemme tell you as a guy who played in the era you are speaking of and still currently plays: this game is amazing and it still makes me skip out on parties with girls just so i can sit on vent and laugh it up with my chums while we work on muta micro etc.
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
May 06 2008 08:28 GMT
#28
Naw, it's just my opinion that the game is less exciting now because everything is optimized and standarized.

Of course having it that way could be more fun for other people (or equally fun).

Though I am playing again on Iccup! Netherlands has WCG again :<
Moderator
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
May 06 2008 09:04 GMT
#29
On May 06 2008 03:29 kroko wrote:
I said I wouldnt post but I pulled a Testie...
So Gandalf, 4pool is perfect counter for 14cc and 14nex, is it a cheese ? Where do u draw the line...? I/we draw it here....

Also who are the noobs calling Horror noob ?



if 4 pool doesnt work its gg
if 3 rax doesnt work....
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-08 04:14:13
May 06 2008 09:53 GMT
#30
This thread is so stupid. Sweet replay though. HoRRoR is like a German BoxeR. Thanks for the entertaining game.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
May 06 2008 18:19 GMT
#31
I agree with kroko here for the simple fact that horror, as far as i can remember, hasn't played one single standard straight up game during the entire TSL-qualifiers.

Ah, yes, one of the games against ALF he did FE. But that game was a one sided rape.

I'm not saying it's lame to use non-standard semi all-in strats. But Horror looks awfully alot like a one trick pony doing it over and over and over again. It's unlikely he could keep up with Draco and the likes in terms of macro. He really only has one option... And it's one that is boring as hell after being repeated so often.

I found myself rooting against him in every game. The sad thing is that he will win less and less games as more and more players have his style pinned down. Unless he improves his macro builds and they truly become a viable option for him. But right now he's just plain predictable.

HoRRoR.T-ScT-
Profile Joined March 2007
Germany51 Posts
May 06 2008 20:46 GMT
#32
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
May 06 2008 21:42 GMT
#33
On May 07 2008 03:19 LaLuSh wrote:
I agree with kroko here for the simple fact that horror, as far as i can remember, hasn't played one single standard straight up game during the entire TSL-qualifiers.

Ah, yes, one of the games against ALF he did FE. But that game was a one sided rape.

I'm not saying it's lame to use non-standard semi all-in strats. But Horror looks awfully alot like a one trick pony doing it over and over and over again. It's unlikely he could keep up with Draco and the likes in terms of macro. He really only has one option... And it's one that is boring as hell after being repeated so often.

I found myself rooting against him in every game. The sad thing is that he will win less and less games as more and more players have his style pinned down. Unless he improves his macro builds and they truly become a viable option for him. But right now he's just plain predictable.


eh what
watch the games again, man

game 2 vs draco @ blue storm, he did a 2 fac build, building his 2nd fac a bit towards the back of his base. so because draco failed to properly scout horror's main it makes it non straight up?

game 3 vs draco @ zodiac, he played a standard 2 fac build

so basically you consider anything that is not 1 fac expansion non standard, "semi allin" (wtf does that even mean?).

rofl
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
May 06 2008 22:47 GMT
#34
On May 07 2008 06:42 Carnac wrote:
so basically you consider anything that is not 1 fac expansion non standard, "semi allin" (wtf does that even mean?).


Seriously, what the fuck is a semi all-in? That's a contradiction in itself.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
JOYRIDE
Profile Joined August 2005
United States46 Posts
May 07 2008 04:25 GMT
#35
I thought the killing of the kakaru in the beginning was hawt.
JOYRIDE
Profile Joined August 2005
United States46 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-07 04:48:31
May 07 2008 04:37 GMT
#36
On a more serious note, when ALF went to attack Horror with his hydra he left himself completely undefended. If Horror had used that time to kill as many drones as possible instead of targeting the spire I believe he could've won a lot more easily.
8882
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
2736 Posts
May 07 2008 21:45 GMT
#37
I really liked the game, that was probably one of the best replays I have seen during the last 3 months (the best would be the infested terran replay from WSL). This game was so great, because he didnt play like a mindless robot. I hate the standard builds.

I wonder, if his timing wasnt off a bit, however. I think he should have converted to goliaths much earlier


On May 07 2008 13:25 JOYRIDE wrote:
I thought the killing of the kakaru in the beginning was hawt.


That was so Boxer-ish :D
I have returned
eazo
Profile Joined March 2008
United States530 Posts
May 08 2008 02:56 GMT
#38
Killing the kakaru and using SCV's to kill invisible lurkers makes this game worth while to watch.

However, i was kind of mad that alf kept throwing hydra's at his expansion with like 6-8 tanks, as some one said, he should have secured the map instead :/
._.
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
1133 Posts
May 08 2008 04:07 GMT
#39
Upmagic vs Jaedong gone wrong.
:D
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
May 08 2008 14:29 GMT
#40
On May 07 2008 06:42 Carnac wrote:
eh what
watch the games again, man

game 2 vs draco @ blue storm, he did a 2 fac build, building his 2nd fac a bit towards the back of his base. so because draco failed to properly scout horror's main it makes it non straight up?

game 3 vs draco @ zodiac, he played a standard 2 fac build

so basically you consider anything that is not 1 fac expansion non standard, "semi allin" (wtf does that even mean?).

rofl


Yes. I consider anything not a 1 fac expo build a non standard strategy. It is by far the most common build. Although moreso in Korea than in the foreign scene.

Yes. I watched the games. And I am somewhat familiar with horror previously. There would be no whining if it weren't for the fact that he always opts for the "semi all-in". Other players 2 fac all the time without the subsequent whine. The difference being that horror will start losing substantially more games after this TSL, when people begin adopting safe builds and a reasonable amount of paranoia towards him, whereas other players actually may benefit from being labeled as "unpredictable". I doubt horror would win against 2 gate range builds even if he succesfully managed to fast expand.

As to why I use the term semi all-in: It's not likely he will kill high profile opponents right away with those builds (and he knows it), but he has to do substantial damage to stand a chance mid-game. A true all-in build, to me, is more of the lines of center barracks. Where there is no plan to enter a mid or late game.

I apologize for using the made up term "semi all-in", since it doesn't make too much sense semantically...
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5843
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
taco 11
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0347
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 3m
Replay Cast
21h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.