• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:08
CEST 06:08
KST 13:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8600 users

Power Rank 11/10/2008 - Page 6

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 48 Next All
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
November 10 2008 08:58 GMT
#101
On November 10 2008 17:19 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 17:16 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Oneother vs all

That's basically what it is, haha. I find it really interesting though - EVERYONE has different opinions. Some people believe the ranking is perfect, some think Jangbi is placed way too high, some say Jangbi should be even higher, and so much more.

Lesson I have learned: I gotta stick to what I believe in, because I can't satisfy everyone anyway.


Not sure if it helps, but you could write that some players are close, while others are not. Stork, Bisu, and to a certain extent Free are really not debatable choices. But Jaedong/Jangbi/Flash are fairly close.

You can also say that that you put Jaedong 4th only because you don't want to deal with the hassle of JD fanboys ripping you apart. This way objective readers will understand and fanboys will be appeased.

It's surprising to know you place a lot more on performances rather than matchups. I can see why, considering we can play hypotheticals all we want, while actual game performances are indisputable. But I think the fact that Jangbi has played absolutely no top-tier player makes his rank quite strange. I feel his rank is much less debatable next month. If he continues his solid PL play and at least make the finals, he can then be undisputably top 5.
Meh
GoAudio
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden400 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 09:01:55
November 10 2008 09:00 GMT
#102
Jaedong damnit... Well please. DESTROYER PLEASE GET BACK!!! WE NEED OUR SAVIOR ZERG MORE THAN EVER!!
Hope JD will get out of his slump and hope the destroyer get's back on his top. I'd really love if #1&#2 spots where Z
EffOrt[fOu] & Hyvaa[S.G] <3 :D
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 09:08:22
November 10 2008 09:07 GMT
#103
On November 10 2008 17:58 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 17:19 OneOther wrote:
On November 10 2008 17:16 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Oneother vs all

That's basically what it is, haha. I find it really interesting though - EVERYONE has different opinions. Some people believe the ranking is perfect, some think Jangbi is placed way too high, some say Jangbi should be even higher, and so much more.

Lesson I have learned: I gotta stick to what I believe in, because I can't satisfy everyone anyway.


Not sure if it helps, but you could write that some players are close, while others are not. Stork, Bisu, and to a certain extent Free are really not debatable choices. But Jaedong/Jangbi/Flash are fairly close.

You can also say that that you put Jaedong 4th only because you don't want to deal with the hassle of JD fanboys ripping you apart. This way objective readers will understand and fanboys will be appeased.

It's surprising to know you place a lot more on performances rather than matchups. I can see why, considering we can play hypotheticals all we want, while actual game performances are indisputable. But I think the fact that Jangbi has played absolutely no top-tier player makes his rank quite strange. I feel his rank is much less debatable next month. If he continues his solid PL play and at least make the finals, he can then be undisputably top 5.

Thank you for the suggestion. You are pretty much right on about Jaedong. I just didn't want to deal with furious Jaedong fanboys, and could see him up there as well. I guess I am saying it's not that much of a stretch.

You have to understand that although I like to put emphasis on performances, I take circumstances/matchups into account, too. If we only look at the matchlist, Kal and Flash obviously look better. I mean, Kal took down Stork, while Flash has been beating very good Terrans in Proleague. Jangbi's undefeated MSL streak against rather weaker opponents appears relatively insignificant. However, things change when we consider the fact that Kal barely beat out Stork 3-2, when the DinoToss had a ginormous finals match coming up in a couple days. He is also inconsistent in Proleague, with a mediocre record at best. Flash, on the other hand, got eliminated from both individual leagues, and needed to only focus on Proleague matches. Now let's look at Jangbi. Yes, his MSL opponents aren't the best players in the world, but he's 7-0. Take his outstanding Proleague into that formula, and we have Jangbi above both Flash and Kal.
traced
Profile Joined October 2007
1739 Posts
November 10 2008 09:10 GMT
#104
On November 10 2008 17:19 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2008 17:16 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Oneother vs all

That's basically what it is, haha. I find it really interesting though - EVERYONE has different opinions. Some people believe the ranking is perfect, some think Jangbi is placed way too high, some say Jangbi should be even higher, and so much more.

Lesson I have learned: I gotta stick to what I believe in, because I can't satisfy everyone anyway.

like i said before, this month is tough because you're going almost purely on intuition and how well people did against stork. it's tough to quantify. given results/strength of play/history, i think your top 4 is the most ideal for the reasons you listed in the power rank, but to be honest i don't think there's much separating third from tenth at this point, you can make an argument for a lot of different iterations depending on what games you watched and what things you value more.
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
November 10 2008 09:25 GMT
#105
LOL

OneOther vs Rabid Jaedong/Fantasy Fans
WHO WILL BE THE VICTOR
dats racist
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 10 2008 09:36 GMT
#106
Pretty good.

I do think Jaedong is a bit high though as others have said... but we'll go with it.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 09:38:26
November 10 2008 09:38 GMT
#107
lol Korean communities criticizing Foreigners to love protoss and hate zerg

OH TEH IRONY
dats racist
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 10 2008 09:53 GMT
#108
A bold and kind of (for me at least) unexpected PR! I like it a lot, thanks!
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 10 2008 10:15 GMT
#109
On November 10 2008 14:54 OneOther wrote:
1. stork - commander
2. bisu - revolutionist
3. free - something with brain, i believe
4. jaedong - tyrant
5. jangbi - something with god
6. flash - ultimate weapon
7. best - doh monster/beast
8. kal - goojila
9. fantasy - no clue..some kind of reference to bin laden?
10. forgg - i think so.


kal is the Hidden Joker
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
MoKcandy
Profile Joined November 2008
Korea (South)1 Post
November 10 2008 10:19 GMT
#110
Oh. i know why fantasy's nick name is Jong(bin)laden .. because he is league terrorist

hahaha
asdasd
ZooG
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden618 Posts
November 10 2008 10:44 GMT
#111
Let your voice speak for the revolution!, All join forces with all the powers that you feel.
Let your heart beat for the revolution!
"Rain, also a name for a meteorological condition" -Artosis
Fwmeh
Profile Joined April 2008
1286 Posts
November 10 2008 10:45 GMT
#112
Jangbi has so much potential, if he can just live up to it. Happy overall with this placement.
A parser for things is a function from strings to lists of pairs of things and strings
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 11:58:02
November 10 2008 11:49 GMT
#113
All Jangbi's done is kill yarnc over and over and laugh at sparkyz P slaying powers.

Chonnom Kal will SLAY JANGBI!!!
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
November 10 2008 11:49 GMT
#114
Aside from Strok and Kal all the players I want to drop deep are on this (not that I could argue against it)... Well, you could have given call a shot but who to take away?... Damn TLPR :p.
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
November 10 2008 12:20 GMT
#115
Probably the best PR I've seen in a while imo
Exact same people I wouldve put (at slightly different ranks though)
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
November 10 2008 12:32 GMT
#116
On November 10 2008 20:49 SuperJongMan wrote:
All Jangbi's done is kill yarnc over and over and laugh at sparkyz P slaying powers.

Chonnom Kal will SLAY JANGBI!!!


True but thats not his fault, you can blame little toss for not facing better players, in fact the most amazing here is that yarnc that can put a top world zvt and zvz against anyone lost 5 straight games on a 2 month time against him.
Kal is way overated, he won bad serie against iris and took other against a phantom of stork that almost lost, did you watch game 4 against stork? is that a BO? He is 4-4 on pl the worst pl record on msl now. I can say that kal is not even top 10 in my pr look it back.
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
Darth Peter
Profile Joined October 2008
Romania438 Posts
November 10 2008 12:39 GMT
#117
I think that the first three are undebatable,Jaedong has no reason to be dropped lower than this,because he lost mainly to the people above him,and Jangbi and Flash and everybody below him has lost to shitty players this season,not only Jaedong. I think that Jangbi can be placed above Flash,because he beat 5 times the player who eliminated Flash from the MSL,and I don't really know of what is Flash capable of against a good zerg,since he was eliminated from both leagues by zergs,and when he faced a good Zerg in Jaedong in the PL he lost. I think Jangbi is more complex,so the ranking is justified. I think that Best could be put above both of them tho,since he mainly lost to players above him in the PR,got as far in the Osl as Jangbi got in the MSL and is as impressive as Flash in the PL. By the way,if you are sent on all of the ace matches,of course you have more opportunity to win,than the people who are not sent out,especially if you are an S class player. I think if Bisu or Stork or Jaedong would have been sent out in all of their teams matches and all of the ace matches,they would have similar stats too. I think Kal and Fantasy are where they belong,and I think ForGG could be higher than Fantasy,since Fantasy hasn't really shown anything this month,while ForGG has been winning a lot. And Luxury:no,he doesn't deserve a rank. He is 6-3 in the PL,losing to every good player he played and losing an ace match. If you attack this post by saying JD is 6-3 too,well he is,but he won both of his ace matches and defeated players like Flash and Best. And WCG is a who gives a shit really tournament. He won it. So what? I'm happy,that Stork didn't become the first player to win too consecutive WCG's,but that's really it.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
November 10 2008 12:54 GMT
#118
It's Bisu Time !! MSL + GOM in his hand !!
n_n
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-10 13:37:40
November 10 2008 13:22 GMT
#119
Fantasy's reign of dominance is over befor it could have begun. Ppl can argue that his performence worths more than 9th, but look at this: his tvz build is less and less effective, he looses every TvT recently, and his PvT havent been tested after the finals against Stork, where it looked good bu not the best. And there are so many players in their top form...
Really nice PR. The protoss trio jangbi-kal-best can be hardly ranked, we will know more about them after the MSL.
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
Eldariel
Profile Joined February 2008
Finland42 Posts
November 10 2008 13:38 GMT
#120
Screw Toss. Put 'em back in their place, Flash & Jaedong.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 614
Larva 192
Leta 66
NaDa 57
TT1 15
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm220
League of Legends
JimRising 701
Other Games
summit1g10415
WinterStarcraft398
Mew2King113
ViBE84
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1389
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota233
League of Legends
• Rush1170
• Lourlo840
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 53m
INu's Battles
7h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 53m
Replay Cast
18h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.