• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:02
CEST 23:02
KST 06:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5314 users

How often do you play StarCraft? - Page 5

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
beentheredonethat
Profile Joined May 2016
2934 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-19 12:21:43
July 19 2016 12:09 GMT
#81
On June 13 2016 04:24 RuiBarbO wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are the 15% of people who answered "Never" on the poll doing when they visit TL? Are they here for spectating, or mafia, or what?

I stopped with LotV. I played one Mafia game. My reason to come here is the long term high quality that tl.net overall delivers. Also, I try to keep up with the scene since before the Koreans got locked out, I felt that with KR practice partners on EU, foreigners had a basis to grow skillwise. I was hoping for a joint koreigner scene and still expect Blizzard to finally change the system.

Foreign competitive events feel empty as they do not deliver top competition. But I like players such as Harstem and Snute. So I don't want to leave this site.

Oh and I am still waiting for that global event wcs thingy.

Summary: LotV is a bad game and Blizzard is artificially keeping it alive. I want WoL or HotS back. Both had their flaws, but both were way more fun to play.

Edit:

I've read a lot of comments by now. Maybe it's just nostalgia that makes me blame the game and Blizzard. I mean, I still play CS:GO - a lot. I play Dead By Daylight, sometimes we even get out AoE 2 and have a game or two. I don't think my missing passion is related to nostalgia, after re-thinking it. Maybe it is because "I am used to something. Now it is changed. Adapt to the change." At least I identified that as the reason for me to quit Heroes.
"Micro tricks like marine splitting, blink stalker micro, and ling/baneling wars were the apex of the game’s achievements; nothing in the world takes your breath away like watching a pro player split marines like a god."
mucker
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1120 Posts
July 22 2016 05:47 GMT
#82
I come for occasional Broodwar streams and to check on the Street Fighter and Path of Exile threads. Those games are what I play now but I got (back in SF's case) in to them here on TL.

Haven't watched or played StarCraft2 since shortly after Heart of the swarm release. I didn't really like Wings of liberty but I stuck with it and played online a fair amount because Blizzard expansions had always made games better for me in the past. Also watched to follow the pros I had become fans of in Broodwar. Hots felt like more of the same and pros I liked were falling off so I was done. Haven't seen a single minute of lotv, just reading about it told me I would hate it.
It's supposed to be automatic but actually you have to press this button.
fr4nk1sh
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden59 Posts
July 23 2016 15:52 GMT
#83
very surprised by those vote's :o thought it would be more people playing the game lurking on Teamliquid..
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-26 04:51:17
July 26 2016 04:44 GMT
#84
On June 13 2016 04:24 RuiBarbO wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are the 15% of people who answered "Never" on the poll doing when they visit TL? Are they here for spectating, or mafia, or what?



Even back in like 2006 or whatever before sc2 was even announced as alpha a lot of people didnt even play BW but still came to the site for the community, the news, replays, liquibet, and because they were fans of players or teams etc.


Now the site has multiple games, and is completely different than how it was back then, so obviously more people come here for more reasons.

Me personally for example, used to play a ton of BW and SC2, rarely watched anything to do with progaming or payed attention to that news. It's the same for phsyical sports too, I'd much rather play than watch other people play. So I came here for the community and sharing of information about playing the game (new maps, strats, glitches, etc).

I rarely play any SC anymore, where I used to put in like 400 games a month at my peak. And ever since the site changed for SC2 and all these other new games (as well as simply getting older and taking careers) the community sort of disappeared, at least for the veterans anyway. So I occasionally pop into the site just to see what's goin on.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
July 26 2016 09:32 GMT
#85
I only play Co-Op
#1 Terran hater
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
July 27 2016 09:17 GMT
#86
I haven't played in years. Just never bought HotS or LotV. Really enjoyed the game while I did play it but I still watch broodwar streams occasionally.
LiquidDota Staff
Kyir
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1047 Posts
August 01 2016 02:51 GMT
#87
I unequivocally refuse to buy LotV, so... never.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
August 01 2016 08:54 GMT
#88
A few times a week, but going to be daily soon, I think.
maru lover forever
a_flayer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-03 00:19:59
August 03 2016 00:19 GMT
#89
On July 19 2016 21:09 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2016 04:24 RuiBarbO wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are the 15% of people who answered "Never" on the poll doing when they visit TL? Are they here for spectating, or mafia, or what?


I'm just here to troll.

#deadgame

But really, I bleed over from liquiddota and sometimes I'll watch korean broodwar events.
When you came along so righteous with a new national hate, so convincing is the ardor of war and of men, it's harder to breathe than to believe you're a friend. The wars at home, the wars abroad, all soaked in blood and lies and fraud.
RichardNPL
Profile Joined November 2015
185 Posts
August 12 2016 13:09 GMT
#90
played around 1600 games since lotv release
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
August 12 2016 14:28 GMT
#91
Are we talking sc2? Yearly, just to check that game is still.... not as much fun as BW
Occupation: Legend
CarlMikael
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1043 Posts
August 15 2016 06:23 GMT
#92
Haven't played a game of sc2 in 4 years.
BadHabits1
Profile Joined February 2016
4 Posts
August 15 2016 21:22 GMT
#93
On August 12 2016 22:09 RichardNPL wrote:
played around 1600 games since lotv release

i bought this account solely to play LotV and i have like 4k games
DevilDriver
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany77 Posts
August 17 2016 14:31 GMT
#94
for me it's kinda hard to tell, because when i'm actively playing starcraft, i do it almost every day. sometimes thought i make a pause from starcraft, which can last for like 6 months
Prodigy311
Profile Joined May 2014
United States4 Posts
August 19 2016 08:09 GMT
#95
legacy of the void isn't a very good game. if you didn't play the previous expansions at a masters level it's downright unplayable. i understand they wanted to speed up the game to make it more entertaining to watch. unfortunately making the game marginally better to watch has made it unplayable for 90% of the playerbase. i still enjoy the rts genre and try catching big matchups when they happen, however, it's really hard to make an effort to watch a game that you don't even have the ability to play as designed.
the day i joined tl i hit plat ones for the first time.
Scrubwave
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland1786 Posts
August 22 2016 16:37 GMT
#96
--- Nuked ---
SHODAN
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom1162 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-23 06:26:42
August 23 2016 06:18 GMT
#97
I play daily for a month or so, then I get fed up and quit for a few months, then get inspired and come back. I started playing again recently to try out the balance test map. I'm still around the same MMR on ladder, even though I stopped playing for months. I see the same old faces still playing at 4am on EU ladder. I still regularly watch proleague and GSL when I'm not actively playing sc2 myself. never miss a GuMiho or INno game.
Jason1
Profile Joined May 2015
9 Posts
August 24 2016 14:46 GMT
#98
use to play 30 game a day but since end of hots and lotv quit playing sc2. cause zerg doesn't feel like zerg in lotv, and since marine is new swarm.
Vari
Profile Joined September 2010
United States532 Posts
August 25 2016 06:35 GMT
#99
I play a few times a week when I'm into it but I will periodically stop for like a month.

it's a great alternative to the insane randomness of hearthstone

I watch every single korean match that happens including BW. It is my absolute favorite form of entertainment and I can't imagine not having it
Stroke Me Lady Fame
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
September 03 2016 18:59 GMT
#100
Would play more often if I didn't have two jobs T_T
XK ßubonic
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 193
JuggernautJason107
Nina 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 599
White-Ra 205
firebathero 81
910 41
NaDa 23
Counter-Strike
Fnx 795
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0175
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby10347
Liquid`Hasu1712
crisheroes1637
Trikslyr75
Other Games
summit1g6522
Liquid`RaSZi5890
Beastyqt784
shahzam466
B2W.Neo256
Pyrionflax166
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS106
ToD104
ZombieGrub91
IndyStarCraft 69
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream363
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Eskiya23 21
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV477
League of Legends
• TFBlade954
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur352
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.