• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5814 users

How often do you play StarCraft? - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Pippah
Profile Joined January 2010
Denmark359 Posts
June 15 2016 04:43 GMT
#21
I am back playing broodwar again. Everytime I try sc2 I get so demotivated, I hate how its become more and more macro, one base builds and intense early micro battles are almost gone.
tantalus
Profile Joined June 2012
69 Posts
June 15 2016 21:52 GMT
#22
Play a couple times a week, mostly co-op. I want to ladder but with everything else I don't have the time to sink into it.
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-16 07:05:30
June 16 2016 07:03 GMT
#23
On June 14 2016 12:55 ninazerg wrote:
16% said "Never"? WHAT

You are depriving yourself of an amazing experience, I mean holyyyy shit


Its never for me too. I played broodwar daily from 1998 to 2004 and played frequently up to 2008. But these days i am not playing anymore. And sc2 is not my taste.
Total Annihilation Zero
WidowMineHero
Profile Joined September 2014
New Zealand143 Posts
June 16 2016 12:26 GMT
#24
The results are rather surprising, considering it's the teamliquid forum.
"Time won't change anything, I will."
FanaticCZ
Profile Joined December 2011
Czech Republic287 Posts
June 16 2016 14:39 GMT
#25
Used to play a lot of 1v1 in WoL and the first 6 months of HotS. Nowadays we usually sit down once or twice a week with my brother and some friends on teamspeak and play about 5-10 team games per evening while drinking beer and stuff. Good times.
INnoVation is the GOAT!
Sketch123
Profile Joined October 2013
Russian Federation11 Posts
June 17 2016 08:06 GMT
#26
I only played WoL campaign. But i watch competitive sc2 a lot since 2011. You dont have to play the game to enjoy watching it.
mantequilla
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Turkey781 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 09:27:46
June 17 2016 09:25 GMT
#27
with a period of 4-5 months, I try to play the game. Couple of matches later I get frustrated and quit again. Didn't buy lotv because it made an already too fast and frantic game worse.

Streams are fun though. Interesting games + an interesting streamer makes watching worthwhile. Tournaments are boring because most of the prominent players quit the game, or play rarely. Fun casters like Day9 quit too.

I miss the Wol era and the beginning of Hots, until the broodlord+infestor period.

What was wrong with wol that they changed it this much?
Age of Mythology forever!
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
June 17 2016 23:46 GMT
#28
Im being.generous, havent played since april. My favorite game is blizzards least favorite.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
June 18 2016 10:21 GMT
#29
Been playing mostly co-op missions of late.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
June 18 2016 10:25 GMT
#30
Never, I dont play StarCraft anymore. After several years of active playing I changed to new games. Same happend with Dota2, same happend with heroes of the storm.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
kagamin
Profile Joined September 2010
United States191 Posts
June 18 2016 16:12 GMT
#31
I used to play everyday but now I haven't played in like a year. I still watch it though.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
June 19 2016 00:20 GMT
#32
Daily! Though not 15+ games a day like from WoL to LOTV Release.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
IIEclipseII
Profile Joined February 2016
Germany157 Posts
June 19 2016 23:51 GMT
#33
This is not really accurate. You should ask for hours per day/week/month/year
DinoMight
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States3725 Posts
June 20 2016 16:55 GMT
#34
I used to play a few hours a day.

Since LotV I play a couple of games a month. I really don't enjoy it as much
"Wtf I come back and find myself in camp DinoMight all of a sudden, feels weird man." -Wombat_NI
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
June 20 2016 21:33 GMT
#35
i dunno what the question is? Starcraft 1 or Starcraft 2? Don't tell me "Starcraft as a whole" that question doesn't make a lot of sense.
Broodwar for life!
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-20 22:01:03
June 20 2016 21:42 GMT
#36
i wont play more sc2 but when i play starcraft (bw) I play a bit every day usually stop for some months and come back.. I think its weird how some people got used of calling sc2 just "starcraft" feels like pretending the original doesnt exist anymore or that it is similar. But maybe warcraft3 players call it just warcraft i duno. I heard "TFT" a lot back in the day. Whatever, I play Starcraft not Starcraft2, and with the BW expansion pack daily when im active and never will play starcraft 2 again or maybe at some lan if someone challenges me oh wait there is no lan mode^^j/k
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
June 21 2016 15:34 GMT
#37
Forced myself to grind out ~3k games in SC2 beta then just never really got into it, didn't even bother buying the two expans.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
fofa2000
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada548 Posts
June 21 2016 20:46 GMT
#38
I haven't played since the first expansion came out. I guess 2012.
-smells likes tasty soup, what's the menu?-fresh jaedong style marine stew served with a glass of dragoon slush!-The food's any good?Quite unusual names, never heard-all my food's good, the kitchen's this way-btw whatu terarn doing alone in a zerg colony?
Alex)
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Scotland263 Posts
June 21 2016 22:01 GMT
#39
One week on one week off
a9arnn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1537 Posts
June 22 2016 14:43 GMT
#40
Every few months, I'll be interested in playing a few games with friends and whatnot, but I honestly don't have the time to spend in grinding a lot of games, and I play to be with some of my friends. Going to events, however, is a different story; I try my best to make it to as many SC2 events as I can because I've made many friends, and find the community aspect incredibly rewarding and I've made some good friends through SC2, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon :D!
VOD finder guy for sc2ratings.com/ ! aka: ogndrahcir, a9azn2 | Go ZerO, Stork, Sea, and KawaiiRice :D | nesc2league.com/forum/index.php | youtube.com/watch?v=oaGtjWL5mZo
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
Artosis 675
White-Ra 102
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever660
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv242
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe170
Other Games
summit1g8428
shahzam607
JimRising 573
C9.Mang0291
ArmadaUGS70
Day[9].tv2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv2
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.