• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:02
CEST 03:02
KST 10:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7890 users

How often do you play StarCraft?

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
XiZeL
Profile Joined July 2014
Switzerland92 Posts
June 10 2016 05:16 GMT
#1
i mainly watch starcraft
I watch more starcraft than i play it
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1179 Posts
June 10 2016 08:34 GMT
#2
Since lotv is released i play like 10 games every couple weeks.
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-10 09:58:58
June 10 2016 09:56 GMT
#3
I try to play daily, but only end up getting in some games a few nights a week
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
[TOKR]SavageDaddae
Profile Joined June 2016
United States3 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-10 18:03:22
June 10 2016 18:01 GMT
#4
Daily as well..Brood War though. My pC to slow to run SC2. Framerate is Choppy...

But yea I alwayz have WCS going on in the background on the TV. Addicting... Shit i remember when the game first came out, and Counter - Strike was the thing back then. Gettn Old......
"I don't play games....Only Video Games."
tokinho
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States792 Posts
June 10 2016 21:22 GMT
#5
I used to play a bit more, but just kind of felt the game is asocial. The team play isn't very fun. LOTV fixed a lot with protoss so its actually not too bad to play all 3 races now. The map pool made it so that very few builds seemed to work killing the diversity, and one race tended to have a significant advantage so kind of lost interest in multiplayer. Its kind of like overwatch where its fun when you start, but then you realize that no one wants to play the 4 core heroes that is best so you get stuck doing lucio and reinhart over and over if you want to win.

Co-op is very buggy and my teammate is more likely to attack me than finish a game or people don't do things that they need to to win and you cannot solo carry in mutations very easily. Despite having new units to micro and its fun to micro them, they tend to not be very useful for mutations. Its kind of like heroes where the things that are mechanically interesting are bogged down by the slow pace and stupid mechanics of fighting map vision more than anything.

Smile
Garemie
Profile Joined April 2011
United States248 Posts
June 11 2016 04:00 GMT
#6
I watch more than I play for sure. Probably 2 games every 2-3 days on average. I watch 1-2 hours per day however.
Bomber | CJ herO | Snute
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
June 11 2016 20:35 GMT
#7
I try to get a few games every night, mainly co-op missions these days.
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1965 Posts
June 12 2016 01:57 GMT
#8
Since LotV I've almost stopped playing, at all.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19393 Posts
June 12 2016 02:42 GMT
#9
Need a caster option
I play several times a week for BW. Once a month for SC2. But watch both a ton.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
June 12 2016 12:46 GMT
#10
a few times a week, but when I begin a ladder session, I usually go for 20+ games.
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
June 12 2016 19:05 GMT
#11
Stopped playing regularly towards the end of WoL and stopped playing altogether during HotS. Never bought LotV. Not a fan of the endless push toward faster pacing and mobility over map and space control. Also hated how garbage the campaign was, both in terms of missions and writing.
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
June 12 2016 19:24 GMT
#12
Out of curiosity, what are the 15% of people who answered "Never" on the poll doing when they visit TL? Are they here for spectating, or mafia, or what?
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Big-t
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria1351 Posts
June 12 2016 19:33 GMT
#13
Lots of people watch, but don't play sc2.
Same for me, tournaments can be very entertaining, especially team fights like PL. Playing however is to intense...
monchi | IdrA | Flash
sakurazawa
Profile Joined June 2016
1 Post
Last Edited: 2016-06-12 21:54:47
June 12 2016 21:46 GMT
#14
played several hundred games per season in WoL
about 150~ in HoTS
almost never in LoTV

lost the passion after all these years
guess LoTV changed too much and i dont have the motivation to adapt
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
June 13 2016 05:02 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
Jj_82
Profile Joined December 2012
Swaziland419 Posts
June 13 2016 18:27 GMT
#16
On June 13 2016 04:05 forsooth wrote:
Stopped playing regularly towards the end of WoL and stopped playing altogether during HotS. Never bought LotV. Not a fan of the endless push toward faster pacing and mobility over map and space control. Also hated how garbage the campaign was, both in terms of missions and writing.
HotS campaign was really dull. LotV though was fantastic, and much more polished!
On topic, due to circumstances I only play a session every two weeks. If I could choose, I'd play every second day...
Once rode a waterslide with PartinG and TaeJa ✌
Roboroadkill
Profile Joined August 2013
United States16 Posts
June 14 2016 02:45 GMT
#17
I'm training to play competitively, but I currently share a computer RIP

On normal days I'll get 20 games in, but on days where I have the computer to myself I get 40 - 50.
Hey guys its roboroadkill
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
June 14 2016 03:55 GMT
#18
16% said "Never"? WHAT

You are depriving yourself of an amazing experience, I mean holyyyy shit
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Hockleberry
Profile Joined April 2016
63 Posts
June 14 2016 19:07 GMT
#19
I play a ton of coop now!! But when I say ton I mean like twice a week! Life has taken over. I try to watch people's streams and support tourneys and fan-made campaigns!!
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
June 15 2016 02:03 GMT
#20
On June 14 2016 12:55 ninazerg wrote:
16% said "Never"? WHAT

You are depriving yourself of an amazing experience, I mean holyyyy shit


I agree it's amazing, but what sucks is not playing for a week due to whatever circumstances come up and then wham, I'm back to forgetting to build a supply depot or I autopilot into a build that's two patches outdated. So frustrating (at least for me) :\
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 469
Bale 43
League of Legends
Doublelift4770
Other Games
summit1g9359
JimRising 538
ViBE216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick663
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• Light_VIP 3
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1243
• Shiphtur430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 59m
Patches Events
13h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 59m
OSC
21h 59m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.