• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:21
CEST 15:21
KST 22:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9458 users

How often do you play StarCraft? - Page 4

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
July 01 2016 10:52 GMT
#61
I'm just here for the CS and Dota 2 content.
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
washikie
Profile Joined February 2011
United States752 Posts
July 01 2016 17:56 GMT
#62
I was playing a ton than my computer took an arrow in the knee. But now with a new comp it's time to get back to high masters. : )
"when life gives Hero lemons he makes carriers" -Artosis
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 01 2016 22:28 GMT
#63
Used to be daily, but that's since dropped to "never". Now I'm just a dirty TL lurker hoping to read a community balance update that will make me want to play the game again.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Riner1212
Profile Joined November 2012
United States337 Posts
July 02 2016 06:55 GMT
#64
i didnt see the point in buying the expansion cuz due to the past expansion shelf life for this game is rather short. and i wasnt to impressed with the new terran units so why bother spending money?
Sjow "pretty ez life as protoss"
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
July 03 2016 22:10 GMT
#65
I kinda have to set time certain times of the week to keep going. Starcraft isn't the game I can like, come home from work and just ladder, its kinda like a special set of hours I have to cram, since I can't stand it when I have fear/pressures from work affecting my gameplay and performance.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
July 07 2016 20:57 GMT
#66
Even though I marked never on when I play StarCraft (nowadays, at least), SC2 is the only esport I watch.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
Befree
Profile Joined April 2010
695 Posts
July 09 2016 00:56 GMT
#67
I'll occasionally play a couple games. I mostly just watch though.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-09 19:09:33
July 09 2016 19:07 GMT
#68
Haven't played since BL Infestors days, bought HoTS for story, didn't buy LotV. I watch a few tournaments a year when I come accros them. But I got very attached to TeamLiquid, might be the last decent forum out there, so I kinda follow the scene from that and reddit.

I still can't believe I have over 10 000 messages posted over the 3 or so years I was hardcore into this game. Seems crazy.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
July 10 2016 05:58 GMT
#69
On July 10 2016 04:07 Noocta wrote:
Haven't played since BL Infestors days, bought HoTS for story, didn't buy LotV. I watch a few tournaments a year when I come accros them. But I got very attached to TeamLiquid, might be the last decent forum out there, so I kinda follow the scene from that and reddit.

I still can't believe I have over 10 000 messages posted over the 3 or so years I was hardcore into this game. Seems crazy.


I'm in the same boat. Wings was fun, HotS played through the story but multiplayer felt burnt-out and didn't even buy LotV, just watched cinematics on youtube..
But I still really enjoyed watching Dreamhack and seeing Taeja win. Also watch those "top 10 games of the year" comps that you guys make for the site.
As far as watching and playing goes I switched over to Dota2 as soon as it hit the buy-in during closed beta. Best 20$ I ever spent.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
July 10 2016 12:26 GMT
#70
I used to play a ton of 2v2. Some time during HOTS, Dota2 took over almost completely and I pretty much stopped playing SC2. I bought LOTV out of love for the game and in hopes that it would rekindle my motivation. It didn't and after playing 3 missions of the single player campaign, I never touched it again. Until the other day, when I played a few games of archon mode with my old 2v2 partner. It was ok, but Dota is just much more relaxed.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
July 11 2016 01:34 GMT
#71
On June 13 2016 04:24 RuiBarbO wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are the 15% of people who answered "Never" on the poll doing when they visit TL? Are they here for spectating, or mafia, or what?

The people.
Pewpz
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada21 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-12 17:48:41
July 12 2016 17:45 GMT
#72

I used to play a lot. Since dabbling with LotV a week after release I haven't played a single game. I feel the game is completely stale and many of the balance changes were reactionary alterations that ultimately ensured the game (read: each race) is only played effectively in one or two styles. For example, when I was last playing Terran was primarily bio all game, every game, and every match up.

Things may be different now but years of stagnant gameplay at pro and amateur levels killed my desire to play.

RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
July 12 2016 18:41 GMT
#73
On July 11 2016 10:34 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2016 04:24 RuiBarbO wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are the 15% of people who answered "Never" on the poll doing when they visit TL? Are they here for spectating, or mafia, or what?

The people.


Care to clarify? (not intending to sound snarky, really just curious)
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Thax
Profile Joined July 2014
Belgium1060 Posts
July 15 2016 09:02 GMT
#74
On July 13 2016 03:41 RuiBarbO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2016 10:34 Froadac wrote:
On June 13 2016 04:24 RuiBarbO wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are the 15% of people who answered "Never" on the poll doing when they visit TL? Are they here for spectating, or mafia, or what?

The people.


Care to clarify? (not intending to sound snarky, really just curious)

Speaking just for me, I haven't played online SC for years, I only go through the single player content once nowadays. But I do follow the pro scene fairly closely, so that's why I come here mostly. I also visit the hots forums and articles, as they are, because I do play that with friends.
Jan1997
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Norway671 Posts
July 15 2016 15:22 GMT
#75
Tbh after I got Diamond I just quit all together. Can't bother to get master cause it's no fun. Now I just watch some streams & vods here and there.
Do something today that your future self will be thankful for.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 21:38:15
July 16 2016 21:35 GMT
#76
I only play arcade now. Mostly Desert Strike Legacy, but I never play with the developer atrix that put cheats into his map specifically for 4 accounts(including his own) to have extra minerals, booms, etc., or just to flat out win the game with a single command.

I also play The Thing -Arctic- and some Phantom .

I miss BW's Mafia Beta
http://www.staredit.net/topic/9463/0/
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
orllyfools
Profile Joined May 2012
United States153 Posts
July 17 2016 04:49 GMT
#77
my passion died around the end of hots. i mean blizzard changed the WCS 3 years in a row and i was done caring. i use to watch so much of the korean scene and all the weekend tourneys. but i guess blizzard tried to do a riot play but just sorta took all the fun away. not enough events in NA, not enough korean SC and just not enough clear direction. then lotv took away the early game. ive been uninterested since.
Squitle-MC-Parting-Major-Polt
pundurs
Profile Joined August 2014
Latvia38 Posts
July 18 2016 10:28 GMT
#78
I'm definitely play every day if I'm not too hung over or sick. Passion is stronger than ever.

Interesting poll results, never the less.
ionONE
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany605 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 13:37:03
July 18 2016 13:29 GMT
#79
Haven't touched starcraft in almost 6 month now. Was a huge nerd 5-6 years ago, followed the esports scene very closely. Played the most in 2011, then i found broodwar and got to enjoy the last proleague/starleague.

Tried to like Legacy/played a lot at some point, well archon mode and co op but didn´t keep me interested for long.
I fully stopped watching sc2 on twitch (other then gsl final). I plan to watch all the asl broodwar league stuff, really enjoyed Sundays games.
JANGBI never forget
africola
Profile Joined March 2015
Germany35 Posts
July 19 2016 08:48 GMT
#80
this thread is becoming like Legacy of the Whine... guys.. yes, you will eventually grow out of gaming. But please stop transferring the already omnipresent opinion that "everything new is crap" into the gaming world. THANKS.

behaving like you can show blizzard by not gaming anymore xDD
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 487
ComeBackTV 356
SteadfastSC252
TaKeTV 186
Rex89
EnkiAlexander 23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 227
ProTech139
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51685
Bisu 2502
Horang2 1399
Hyuk 607
Shuttle 565
BeSt 547
EffOrt 520
Mini 450
Light 358
Soma 346
[ Show more ]
Larva 313
ZerO 197
Rush 178
Mong 94
Leta 82
Snow 65
Pusan 57
ToSsGirL 52
Mind 44
Aegong 34
JYJ 31
Sexy 30
sorry 21
Bale 20
Terrorterran 17
Noble 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Rock 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5052
XaKoH 391
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1629
Khaldor1179
Lowko423
Other Games
gofns40840
singsing2235
olofmeister1342
B2W.Neo421
hiko417
Beastyqt298
Livibee206
Liquid`VortiX93
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS56
djWHEAT39
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1271
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 39m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 39m
Online Event
21h 39m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.