• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9526 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 87

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 117 Next
Wicaeven
Profile Joined April 2012
Belgium46 Posts
August 07 2012 12:50 GMT
#1721
Good luck Jinro, you will be missed
Scarlett | CranK | MMA | Amaz | Sjow | Savjz
ninetyseven
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom16 Posts
August 07 2012 12:51 GMT
#1722
T_________________________________________________T

best of luck in the future jinro! you will be missed!
beesinyoface
Profile Joined May 2012
2450 Posts
August 07 2012 12:52 GMT
#1723
On August 07 2012 21:20 Animzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 21:03 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 07 2012 20:44 Dazu wrote:
Jinro! I remember back in the beta and early Starcraft i was a little bronze zerg player watching your games, so excited for my fellow Swede to do so good among the Koreans who were so far away and scary back then. But you won against them, crushed them hard, it gave me so much inspiration to play SC2, i later switched to terran because of it, and i have always been watching your stream cheering you on, even though you did not always post the best results i loved following your career and your play.

You may not think much about this, but for many of your fans, you will truly be remembered as an amazing player and a great personality that was loved in the community! For me it did not really matter if you won a tournament or not, even though i always wanted you to win i just wanted to see you play! I think that's what people forget about the game, its not just all about who wins a certain tournament, when you find a player you really like and follow it sticks with you a long time, and you will truly be missed.

If you are leaving Starcraft, then leave with pride! From being one of the first Swedes to get so far in Korea, to your GSL results and winning a MLG. Keep your head up and good luck in poker!

Jinro HWAITING!

I think that's the root of the problem; the inability to see the game as anything beyond a measure of worth based on winning/losing.

When you -- and others -- say something like "the results didn't matter that much, just wanted to see the games", I recognize it as something I've felt when watching other sports (like MMA or BW), but it's alien to my mind about SC2. Like I think the first thought I had when reading that was "But whats the point if I dont win?".



It's true. When SC2 was new I didn't miss a single GSL match because there were always new things to discover in the game. Nowadays when the game has been figured out, it is obvious that it isn't that great of a game. SC2 is kept alive solely because of it being the successor to Brood War, the game itself is too volatile to be interesting. I still kind of follow the scene, but I rarely watch games since they always play out the same way. There are of course exceptions, like DRG-MMA or other amazing matchups. But those are incredibly rare and are, more often than not, exciting because of the hype-factor rather than amazing games.

I respectively disagree.
aaaaa
Vagnarok
Profile Joined December 2010
United States11 Posts
August 07 2012 12:52 GMT
#1724
I don't usually bother posting, but you were one of the best man. I'm sad to see you go. Props for your hard work, and peace.
soiii
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany266 Posts
August 07 2012 12:53 GMT
#1725
Only the best in the future. Your decline of the Code A invite made you my hero forever. GL!
Faraday5001
Profile Joined May 2011
England51 Posts
August 07 2012 12:57 GMT
#1726
glhf jinro... always liked your play and how you presented yourself as a person
would love to meet the civillian you sometime GG!!!!!!
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
August 07 2012 12:58 GMT
#1727
On August 07 2012 21:52 beesinyoface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 21:20 Animzor wrote:
On August 07 2012 21:03 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 07 2012 20:44 Dazu wrote:
Jinro! I remember back in the beta and early Starcraft i was a little bronze zerg player watching your games, so excited for my fellow Swede to do so good among the Koreans who were so far away and scary back then. But you won against them, crushed them hard, it gave me so much inspiration to play SC2, i later switched to terran because of it, and i have always been watching your stream cheering you on, even though you did not always post the best results i loved following your career and your play.

You may not think much about this, but for many of your fans, you will truly be remembered as an amazing player and a great personality that was loved in the community! For me it did not really matter if you won a tournament or not, even though i always wanted you to win i just wanted to see you play! I think that's what people forget about the game, its not just all about who wins a certain tournament, when you find a player you really like and follow it sticks with you a long time, and you will truly be missed.

If you are leaving Starcraft, then leave with pride! From being one of the first Swedes to get so far in Korea, to your GSL results and winning a MLG. Keep your head up and good luck in poker!

Jinro HWAITING!

I think that's the root of the problem; the inability to see the game as anything beyond a measure of worth based on winning/losing.

When you -- and others -- say something like "the results didn't matter that much, just wanted to see the games", I recognize it as something I've felt when watching other sports (like MMA or BW), but it's alien to my mind about SC2. Like I think the first thought I had when reading that was "But whats the point if I dont win?".



It's true. When SC2 was new I didn't miss a single GSL match because there were always new things to discover in the game. Nowadays when the game has been figured out, it is obvious that it isn't that great of a game. SC2 is kept alive solely because of it being the successor to Brood War, the game itself is too volatile to be interesting. I still kind of follow the scene, but I rarely watch games since they always play out the same way. There are of course exceptions, like DRG-MMA or other amazing matchups. But those are incredibly rare and are, more often than not, exciting because of the hype-factor rather than amazing games.

I respectively disagree.


Give it time, you'll understand soon enough.
McBrungus
Profile Joined April 2011
United States265 Posts
August 07 2012 12:59 GMT
#1728
gg's Jinro!

I'll never forgive you for the bunker block against IdrA (T_T), but I truly loved watching you make history in the GSL. Best of luck in the future!
So I says to Mabel, I says...
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
August 07 2012 12:59 GMT
#1729
Best of luck Jinro! Been cheering for you for a while.

This turnover happens in all sports- eSports needs to have the same post-competition career path as other major sports: either as a caster, analyst, coach, etc.

shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Tpyro
Profile Joined July 2010
France10 Posts
August 07 2012 13:00 GMT
#1730
Jinro we'll miss you!!!! Thanks for everything!
Aren't we all just korean wanabe's?
Neoattitude
Profile Joined April 2010
Guam172 Posts
August 07 2012 13:00 GMT
#1731
GG sir. I enjoyed watching you play SC2. I was really hoping to see you in the GSL at least one more time.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 13:02 GMT
#1732
On August 07 2012 21:58 Animzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 21:52 beesinyoface wrote:
On August 07 2012 21:20 Animzor wrote:
On August 07 2012 21:03 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 07 2012 20:44 Dazu wrote:
Jinro! I remember back in the beta and early Starcraft i was a little bronze zerg player watching your games, so excited for my fellow Swede to do so good among the Koreans who were so far away and scary back then. But you won against them, crushed them hard, it gave me so much inspiration to play SC2, i later switched to terran because of it, and i have always been watching your stream cheering you on, even though you did not always post the best results i loved following your career and your play.

You may not think much about this, but for many of your fans, you will truly be remembered as an amazing player and a great personality that was loved in the community! For me it did not really matter if you won a tournament or not, even though i always wanted you to win i just wanted to see you play! I think that's what people forget about the game, its not just all about who wins a certain tournament, when you find a player you really like and follow it sticks with you a long time, and you will truly be missed.

If you are leaving Starcraft, then leave with pride! From being one of the first Swedes to get so far in Korea, to your GSL results and winning a MLG. Keep your head up and good luck in poker!

Jinro HWAITING!

I think that's the root of the problem; the inability to see the game as anything beyond a measure of worth based on winning/losing.

When you -- and others -- say something like "the results didn't matter that much, just wanted to see the games", I recognize it as something I've felt when watching other sports (like MMA or BW), but it's alien to my mind about SC2. Like I think the first thought I had when reading that was "But whats the point if I dont win?".



It's true. When SC2 was new I didn't miss a single GSL match because there were always new things to discover in the game. Nowadays when the game has been figured out, it is obvious that it isn't that great of a game. SC2 is kept alive solely because of it being the successor to Brood War, the game itself is too volatile to be interesting. I still kind of follow the scene, but I rarely watch games since they always play out the same way. There are of course exceptions, like DRG-MMA or other amazing matchups. But those are incredibly rare and are, more often than not, exciting because of the hype-factor rather than amazing games.

I respectively disagree.


Give it time, you'll understand soon enough.

I think SC2 is a great game and I still have fun playing it...... It's not the games fault at all.

I think BW is better, but not by such a big margin. It's one of those 'it's not you, it's me' situations
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
August 07 2012 13:04 GMT
#1733
Wow. Not entirely unexpected perhaps, but still sucky.

Jinro man, I've loved you (GSL runs), I've hated you (I'm a Greg fan, what can I say), but mostly I've just enjoyed the games you gave us. Thanks for those and for a look into how the ride's been from your perspective.

GLHF man, chin up (ha), it's been a good run.
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
Hds
Profile Joined July 2011
France200 Posts
August 07 2012 13:04 GMT
#1734
Gl and hf in your next career, Gorilla Terran <3

You'll always be remembered!
Watily! ♥
Teusa
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden30 Posts
August 07 2012 13:04 GMT
#1735
It is a sad day indeed.

You were the great swede hope!
I mean, we have had great players rise and fall, but you were special in some way.. had that star quality.

Good luck with the poker, hope to meet ye at a table
Nemo me impune lacessit
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
August 07 2012 13:05 GMT
#1736
Awww
I always wanted to see him play with a smile on his face after the 2 GSL Semi-finals, but that didn't happen for some reason.
Still thou, he'll be remembered as the coolest Teran player to watch at one point of StarCraft 2's history, when SCV trains and 10 minutes TvX games were the standard.
Best of luck Jinro ! :D
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
August 07 2012 13:06 GMT
#1737
best luck with your plans, Jinro!
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
August 07 2012 13:08 GMT
#1738
I woke up hoping this was a bad dream and not going to be here. Still here, Best of luck Jinro in the future.
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
August 07 2012 13:10 GMT
#1739
♥ you Jinro! May you achieve your sc2 heights in all of your endeavors!

- Does this mean TL has room for a youngster? These are big shoes to fill!
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
beesinyoface
Profile Joined May 2012
2450 Posts
August 07 2012 13:12 GMT
#1740
On August 07 2012 21:58 Animzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 21:52 beesinyoface wrote:
On August 07 2012 21:20 Animzor wrote:
On August 07 2012 21:03 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 07 2012 20:44 Dazu wrote:
Jinro! I remember back in the beta and early Starcraft i was a little bronze zerg player watching your games, so excited for my fellow Swede to do so good among the Koreans who were so far away and scary back then. But you won against them, crushed them hard, it gave me so much inspiration to play SC2, i later switched to terran because of it, and i have always been watching your stream cheering you on, even though you did not always post the best results i loved following your career and your play.

You may not think much about this, but for many of your fans, you will truly be remembered as an amazing player and a great personality that was loved in the community! For me it did not really matter if you won a tournament or not, even though i always wanted you to win i just wanted to see you play! I think that's what people forget about the game, its not just all about who wins a certain tournament, when you find a player you really like and follow it sticks with you a long time, and you will truly be missed.

If you are leaving Starcraft, then leave with pride! From being one of the first Swedes to get so far in Korea, to your GSL results and winning a MLG. Keep your head up and good luck in poker!

Jinro HWAITING!

I think that's the root of the problem; the inability to see the game as anything beyond a measure of worth based on winning/losing.

When you -- and others -- say something like "the results didn't matter that much, just wanted to see the games", I recognize it as something I've felt when watching other sports (like MMA or BW), but it's alien to my mind about SC2. Like I think the first thought I had when reading that was "But whats the point if I dont win?".



It's true. When SC2 was new I didn't miss a single GSL match because there were always new things to discover in the game. Nowadays when the game has been figured out, it is obvious that it isn't that great of a game. SC2 is kept alive solely because of it being the successor to Brood War, the game itself is too volatile to be interesting. I still kind of follow the scene, but I rarely watch games since they always play out the same way. There are of course exceptions, like DRG-MMA or other amazing matchups. But those are incredibly rare and are, more often than not, exciting because of the hype-factor rather than amazing games.

I respectively disagree.


Give it time, you'll understand soon enough.

But the game can't be solely kept alive just because it's a successor to BW.

A very large portion of SC2 fans probably have never played nor seen a BW match before. It all comes down to opinions and what someone finds interesting. Anyways, this is not related to Jinro's message so I won't continue much further.
aaaaa
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
Liquid`TLO 128
BRAT_OK 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22871
Leta 1145
Horang2 261
firebathero 173
Trap 152
Zeus 94
Hyun 73
soO 59
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 36
[ Show more ]
Rock 29
Aegong 25
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Dendi1332
qojqva559
420jenkins413
Counter-Strike
fl0m4889
Other Games
Beastyqt609
mouzStarbuck380
byalli256
KnowMe236
Hui .180
FrodaN152
Livibee80
QueenE77
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• 3DClanTV 45
• Hinosc 15
• Adnapsc2 14
• Response 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach83
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1712
Other Games
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 10m
Patches Events
22h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.