• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:06
CEST 09:06
KST 16:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9601 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 50

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 117 Next
Skwid1g
Profile Joined April 2011
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 04:57:29
August 07 2012 04:56 GMT
#981
On August 07 2012 13:52 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 11:58 Itsmedudeman wrote:
SC2 and SC1 are one of those games that's highly dependent on motivation and drive. Too many people think it's about age, but really, it's mostly because they've been playing nonstop for over 10 years and it's hard to put in the same amount of overtime practice as the younger players. You can't be comfortable with just 8 hours a day when the guy next to you trains 12 hours a day.

This is something I've always tried to bring up when people talk about age too. You could say it's age related as the passion is more commonly found the younger you are, but in reality it's not related to your actual age.


Yup, it's just natural that as you've been playing for 5+ years that motivation starts to wane for most people, the newer players with more drive will eventually surpass them because of it.

You have the best results of any non-korean in the GSL, only Idra and Naniwa can even come close. I think you undervalue your accomplishments from everything you've said and what I read about you; there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people that have picked up and played Starcraft II and only a handful can really claim to be more successful than you.

With that being said... any chance you'll do casting? I doubt you'd want to take it up full-time, but having you cast TSL or some other events would be cool to see!
NaDa/Fantasy/Zero/Soulkey pls
MightyAtom
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Korea (South)1897 Posts
August 07 2012 04:56 GMT
#982
My kids love you! *^^* Our family has added you to the Atom family SC hall of fame along side giyom and elky ^^. Jinro Hwaiting 4 life!
Administrator-I am the universe- Morihei Ueshiba
Sargonian
Profile Joined February 2012
United States164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 05:31:53
August 07 2012 04:57 GMT
#983
salu. Enjoy your life man, know that you are loved by us scrubs and I will cherish your legacy forever. God bless. Asalaam Alikum.
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
August 07 2012 04:57 GMT
#984
Thank you Jinro, for all of the years of awesome. I'm happy that you can look forward to the days ahead, and the future opens up for you.

Don't undersell yourself-- you living the dream, accomplishing what you did, and being who you are is an inspiration to so many. We don't always know what effect we have on the world around us, but I hope that you can realize a little bit of the inspiration you've instilled in others.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 05:07:13
August 07 2012 04:57 GMT
#985
Regards, FrozenArbiter
Did you ever play Jangbi in Dream.t?
Penecks
Profile Joined August 2010
United States600 Posts
August 07 2012 04:59 GMT
#986
Damn man I almost got teary eyed reading all that.

I can really see where Jinro is coming from, especially when he speaks about a childlike passion for gaming, it's really that drive which is so valuable and can be lost so easily. Obviously I'm no pro or anything but I can't really find the same enthusiasm for gaming as I had when I was a teenager, when everything was new, unexplored, and wonderful, and I could get lost in games for hours and hours. Best of luck Jinro.
straight poppin
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
August 07 2012 04:59 GMT
#987
On August 07 2012 10:46 GinDo wrote:
T_T. I'm gonna miss you Jinro. You're one of the reasons I still play Terran. That game on Crevasse against Idra. I'll never forget.

Anyone have a link to that VOD?


oh god, so I'm not the only one that remembers that game so vividly :D I'd like to find a vod of that too
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Le BucheRON
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada619 Posts
August 07 2012 04:59 GMT
#988
Jinro, you made me so excited to be a non-korean Good luck, and although we're sad to see you go, we wish you the best.
Liquid Jinro Fighting!
Guess who`s special?!
Jarrito
Profile Joined March 2011
United States51 Posts
August 07 2012 05:00 GMT
#989
I'll never forget those nights up at 3AM watching your GSL runs, with work the next morning at 6. You inspired me to play and got me into the game. Your games and victories will never be forgotten with me, and I'm glad you'll be moving on with something you might enjoy more.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 05:01 GMT
#990
On August 07 2012 13:56 Skwid1g wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 13:52 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 07 2012 11:58 Itsmedudeman wrote:
SC2 and SC1 are one of those games that's highly dependent on motivation and drive. Too many people think it's about age, but really, it's mostly because they've been playing nonstop for over 10 years and it's hard to put in the same amount of overtime practice as the younger players. You can't be comfortable with just 8 hours a day when the guy next to you trains 12 hours a day.

This is something I've always tried to bring up when people talk about age too. You could say it's age related as the passion is more commonly found the younger you are, but in reality it's not related to your actual age.


Yup, it's just natural that as you've been playing for 5+ years that motivation starts to wane for most people, the newer players with more drive will eventually surpass them because of it.

You have the best results of any non-korean in the GSL, only Idra and Naniwa can even come close. I think you undervalue your accomplishments from everything you've said and what I read about you; there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people that have picked up and played Starcraft II and only a handful can really claim to be more successful than you.

With that being said... any chance you'll do casting? I doubt you'd want to take it up full-time, but having you cast TSL or some other events would be cool to see!

Maybe as a one-off, probably not something as big as TSL tho
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
TriumpHisme
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States97 Posts
August 07 2012 05:02 GMT
#991
Jinro i cant tell you how sad this makes me, but i also cant tell you how happy i am that you are able to assert yourself into the things that you want to do and know when they have run dry.

You left a lot of good memories and we will all miss you dearly, you put some tissues in my trashcan today. Keke.
"A loss is not a bad thing. Failure is not something to be scorned or avoided ... Those losses, those games that you did not play well, that you lost - that is not YOU. That is not a reflection of you. That game is completely external to you." - Day[9]
weeA
Profile Joined October 2010
India442 Posts
August 07 2012 05:03 GMT
#992
You my hero!!!
Lim Yo Hwan I love U
feardragon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States973 Posts
August 07 2012 05:04 GMT
#993
I am legitimately tearing up a bit, but I'm happy for you! Thanks for the wonderful runs and entertainment you've given us. I've met you twice at MLG's and you've been nothing short of fantastic both times. I wish you the best and I hope you keep streaming when you do decide to kick back on the old sc2 for fun. I know a lot of people will be there, ready to watch....and not just because you have some of the best music of any streamer. <3

Good luck Gorilla Terran. This has my background on my laptop since you first made it so far in Code S, and I don't plan on changing it for a while.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Ok Starcraft 2 Commentator
ktfever
Profile Joined July 2012
United States16 Posts
August 07 2012 05:04 GMT
#994
Noooo Jinro. I'm still waiting for you to make a comeback!!
l90 Proof
Profile Joined July 2010
64 Posts
August 07 2012 05:06 GMT
#995
Jin'ro I hope you read all the dozens of pages of this thread and can appreciate that even though you aren't leaving at the top of your SC2 accomplishments, you were an inspiration to a lot of foreigners, and you have your whole life ahead of you. G'luck ballin hard.
EsMuyVien
Profile Joined July 2011
United States408 Posts
August 07 2012 05:06 GMT
#996
Good luck in the future, Jinro!
If what I think is happening is happening - it better not be.
dudecrush
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada418 Posts
August 07 2012 05:06 GMT
#997
Goodbye Jinro. I wish you the best. I was fun watching you rock those first few gsls. But all good things must come to an end. Farewell!
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
August 07 2012 05:06 GMT
#998
A sad day for Liquid and for Starcraft. Best of luck with Poker Jinro, or are you FrozenArbiter once more?
darkness overpowering
Matoo-
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Canada1397 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 05:09:22
August 07 2012 05:06 GMT
#999
Good luck with poker Jinro. Taking the decision, at the right time, to end a chapter of one's life to move on to something new is difficult and I'm glad you had the courage to do it. You already took such a decision when you decided to quit poker to give it a shot in the extremely competitive progaming environment, where you succeeded really fucking well in my eyes.

I'm also really happy to hear you say it helped you grow up tremendously as a person. As someone who went through something similar, I understand quite well how huge this can be. At one point in my life I had a very clear decision to make (accepting or not a job offer) regarding what my life in the next few years was going to be, and looking backward six years from then I'm so glad I said yes... not as much for the money it brought me as for how much it threw me out there and made me change for the better.

Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
August 07 2012 05:07 GMT
#1000
I loved the write up and how he didn't bullshit any of it. Best of luck in Poker!
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 973
BeSt 298
sorry 83
Mind 68
Soma 49
Bale 23
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
JimRising 708
Other Games
summit1g9211
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft691
C9.Mang0291
Sick179
febbydoto10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
BasetradeTV219
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2211
Other Games
• Shiphtur731
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 54m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.