• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:24
CEST 12:24
KST 19:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9301 users

Match-Fixing Scandal - Conclusion - Page 46

Forum Index > News
1147 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 58 Next
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
May 19 2010 19:24 GMT
#901
I wonder what's going to happen to these pro-gamers implicated in this scandal... Obviously there's the issue of prosecution and sentencing, but aside from that, what are they gonig to do with their lives given that their pro-gaming career is essentially over now? I doubt any of them have an education or any prospects whatsoever to get into a university... Pretty sad, if you think about it.
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 19:28:39
May 19 2010 19:28 GMT
#902
On May 20 2010 04:13 JinMaikeul wrote: I'm saying it's a bit hypocritical of us to pretty much accept one instance of throwing a match and then go out and say that people should burn in hell for some other instance of it.


You might use the same word to describe them but the idea is completely different.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 19:46:12
May 19 2010 19:44 GMT
#903
Well we all see things in a different light, I suppose. That's the beauty of forums like this and human interaction overall. Personally, I've seen and experienced enough to not be so heavily affected by something like this. If it was discovered that the New York Yankees were fixing games, I probably would say "That's terriible." and proceed to go about my day not really thinking too much about it. I'll admit that I'm certainly not as zealous or emotionally invested in all of this as some other people, but in a world where people are being killed by drunk drivers and people are senslessly murdered because they might have looked at someone on the street the wrong way, this all just seems very minor no matter how I look at it... =/

This is pretty much a story of criminals scamming other criminals out of money. The whole illusion of sportsmanship pretty much goes out the window for me when I actually look at these people are are supposed to display it. Professional sports players are more often than not people of questionable character and integrity than most likely would have been street thugs if they weren't athletes. Yet because they make their money playing games, we somehow hold them to a higher standard and are shocked when they rape or shoot someone? Likewise, pro-gamers in Korea for the most part are just kids who never grew up. I doubt they would have done well in school given their fondness of gaming enough to be better than anyone else, a lot of them probably hung out a lot in internet cafes and other places where they could very well have been in regular contact with less than honest characters and just like any other group of kids, I'm certainly not surprised that there's bad apples among them. Actually, if there's a shock for me, it's that there aren't more. When you look at public figures as human beings, it becomes a lot less surprising when they act human...

Lesson of the day: Public figures aren't role models nor should they be considered as such since the reason that they become public figures often has little to do with their integrity.
mucker
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1120 Posts
May 19 2010 19:45 GMT
#904
On May 20 2010 04:24 JinMaikeul wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen to these pro-gamers implicated in this scandal... Obviously there's the issue of prosecution and sentencing, but aside from that, what are they gonig to do with their lives given that their pro-gaming career is essentially over now? I doubt any of them have an education or any prospects whatsoever to get into a university... Pretty sad, if you think about it.


Probably poker and sports betting.
It's supposed to be automatic but actually you have to press this button.
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 20:08:31
May 19 2010 20:06 GMT
#905
On May 20 2010 04:44 JinMaikeul wrote:
Well we all see things in a different light, I suppose. That's the beauty of forums like this and human interaction overall. Personally, I've seen and experienced enough to not be so heavily affected by something like this. If it was discovered that the New York Yankees were fixing games, I probably would say "That's terriible." and proceed to go about my day not really thinking too much about it. I'll admit that I'm certainly not as zealous or emotionally invested in all of this as some other people, but in a world where people are being killed by drunk drivers and people are senslessly murdered because they might have looked at someone on the street the wrong way, this all just seems very minor no matter how I look at it... =/

This is pretty much a story of criminals scamming other criminals out of money. The whole illusion of sportsmanship pretty much goes out the window for me when I actually look at these people are are supposed to display it. Professional sports players are more often than not people of questionable character and integrity than most likely would have been street thugs if they weren't athletes. Yet because they make their money playing games, we somehow hold them to a higher standard and are shocked when they rape or shoot someone? Likewise, pro-gamers in Korea for the most part are just kids who never grew up. I doubt they would have done well in school given their fondness of gaming enough to be better than anyone else, a lot of them probably hung out a lot in internet cafes and other places where they could very well have been in regular contact with less than honest characters and just like any other group of kids, I'm certainly not surprised that there's bad apples among them. Actually, if there's a shock for me, it's that there aren't more. When you look at public figures as human beings, it becomes a lot less surprising when they act human...

Lesson of the day: Public figures aren't role models nor should they be considered as such since the reason that they become public figures often has little to do with their integrity.


Your point about these people becoming criminals anyway is terribly insulting and almost certainly wrong. And no, they are not being held to some higher standard either. Unless you feel betraying your friends for money should be somehow acceptable.

As for there being much worse things in the world, duh.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
pR0gR4m3R
Profile Joined February 2008
Spain1446 Posts
May 19 2010 20:48 GMT
#906
Guys, this is one of the saddest days into Korean eSports, and for fans too

So, sAviOr is the last one left to confess guilty???
StarCraft-ESP.com Admin - Spanish StarCraft Community
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
May 19 2010 21:01 GMT
#907
I don't want to admit it but ..sAviOr deserves everything he gets..

My hero list now went from BoxeR Savior
to BoxeR Bisu.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
May 19 2010 21:13 GMT
#908
On May 20 2010 04:45 mucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2010 04:24 JinMaikeul wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen to these pro-gamers implicated in this scandal... Obviously there's the issue of prosecution and sentencing, but aside from that, what are they gonig to do with their lives given that their pro-gaming career is essentially over now? I doubt any of them have an education or any prospects whatsoever to get into a university... Pretty sad, if you think about it.


Probably poker and sports betting.


LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL gl to them
why so 진지해?
san-tokie
Profile Joined May 2007
Korea (South)185 Posts
May 19 2010 21:31 GMT
#909
What surprises me more than any of this is just how shocked so many people are. Maybe I'm just jaded but this whole thing in my mind and many others really just confirmed our long time suspicions.

Ignorance really is bliss~

Oh and now I hate go.go even more for eliminating bisu who is his close friend... sad, just sad.
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
May 19 2010 21:37 GMT
#910
On May 20 2010 03:54 JinMaikeul wrote:
If you've followed professional Starcraft on any level, you would have known that certain games were thrown even before all of this happened. Games were regularly thrown to avoid facing teammates or avoid facing certain bracket positions. It's happened at WCG, GomTV Invitational, and on one level or another just about any tournament where you can strategically navigate your path through the brackets to best suit your tastes. And yes, for the most part it's been tolerated. Nobody called a player throwing a game to avoid playing JD, "the scum of the earth". Nobody felt that Hwasin and Calm should have been thrown in jail for agreeing to let Hwasin win and splitting the prize money half and half.

All of a sudden now that it's in the media and people are making a big deal of it, there are people saying these people should be burned at the stake when we all already knew that it was going on to a certain extent anyway. Of course, the illegal gambling part does make it a bit worse, but a fixed game is a fixed game regardless of the reason. The only person the illegal gambling part of it affects are the people who lose money gambling. The whole sportsmanship thing goes out the window when someone throws a game to avoid a certain bracket position too or if someone purposely loses a game to avoid playing his teammate next. The fans are equally cheated in these instances even without money being involved.

The truth is there's nothing here to make such a huge deal about. The fans got their games and if they didn't know about this, nobody would have thought twice about it. There's also no guarantee that the games would have been any better or worse had they not been fixed. Personally, I haven't lost anything here and I'm just going to continue to watch. If you're going to complain about the loss of integrity, I would argue that there's no reason to stop watching because of that since due to these events, there's probably more integrity in this game today than there was a year ago anyway.

So what's the big deal again? It's not the end of the world, these people aren't the spawn of Satan, and let's all be sensible enough to admit that most of us didn't lose anything here that we didn't already lose in other instances of game throwing that we didn't get all up in arms about...



Firstly, of course these players aren't the spawn of Satan and shouldn't be lynched or whatever. Nobody here actually believes that, it's just hyperbole from people venting emotions.

Now, about dodging stronger players etc. in brackets...if a match is obviously thrown then that's terrible sportsmanship. If it's just half-hearted play then it's poor sportsmanship and reflects very poorly on the player but it's not the end of the world. It's a blow to that persons integrity. But there's a world of difference between these things and systematically throwing games for money via illegal gambling. The examples you gave, while they do indeed harm the integrity of the sport and player, they are actions made by players who are still trying to win the tournament in question. Throwing games for money is motivated purely by greed; it's an exploitation of the sport to earn money by purposefully and willfully ruining the integrity of the sport.

If someone tries to tactically manouver through the OSL brackets or something then at least you know he's still trying to win in the end, so the overall integrity of the sport isn't really harmed that much, it's mostly that player's integrity which is harmed. But when you have systematic match throwing motivated by something other than winning, then the integrity is shaken to the core. The reason sports works and is something we enjoy watching is purely because of the implicit belief that the people playing are doing their best to win. Without that a sport is nothing. That's why throwing matches for money like in this scandal is much, much worse than the examples you made, and why the response is rightfully much harsher.

Of course players shouldn't be held to higher moral standards in general, but if they want to be sportsmen then the one thing they absolutely have to make sure of is that they play to win, period. Anything less is unacceptable, not because it's a criminal offense or something, but because otherwise the sport becomes meaningless. They ruin things for the audience and their fellow sportsmen, and for that harsh measures should be taken.


You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
May 19 2010 22:05 GMT
#911
On May 20 2010 06:31 san-tokie wrote:
What surprises me more than any of this is just how shocked so many people are. Maybe I'm just jaded but this whole thing in my mind and many others really just confirmed our long time suspicions.

Ignorance really is bliss~

Oh and now I hate go.go even more for eliminating bisu who is his close friend... sad, just sad.


Agreed with this, minus the go.go hate, that kid is still a baller in my eyes.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 22:20:03
May 19 2010 22:07 GMT
#912
On May 20 2010 05:06 hypercube wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2010 04:44 JinMaikeul wrote:
Well we all see things in a different light, I suppose. That's the beauty of forums like this and human interaction overall. Personally, I've seen and experienced enough to not be so heavily affected by something like this. If it was discovered that the New York Yankees were fixing games, I probably would say "That's terriible." and proceed to go about my day not really thinking too much about it. I'll admit that I'm certainly not as zealous or emotionally invested in all of this as some other people, but in a world where people are being killed by drunk drivers and people are senslessly murdered because they might have looked at someone on the street the wrong way, this all just seems very minor no matter how I look at it... =/

This is pretty much a story of criminals scamming other criminals out of money. The whole illusion of sportsmanship pretty much goes out the window for me when I actually look at these people are are supposed to display it. Professional sports players are more often than not people of questionable character and integrity than most likely would have been street thugs if they weren't athletes. Yet because they make their money playing games, we somehow hold them to a higher standard and are shocked when they rape or shoot someone? Likewise, pro-gamers in Korea for the most part are just kids who never grew up. I doubt they would have done well in school given their fondness of gaming enough to be better than anyone else, a lot of them probably hung out a lot in internet cafes and other places where they could very well have been in regular contact with less than honest characters and just like any other group of kids, I'm certainly not surprised that there's bad apples among them. Actually, if there's a shock for me, it's that there aren't more. When you look at public figures as human beings, it becomes a lot less surprising when they act human...

Lesson of the day: Public figures aren't role models nor should they be considered as such since the reason that they become public figures often has little to do with their integrity.


Your point about these people becoming criminals anyway is terribly insulting and almost certainly wrong. And no, they are not being held to some higher standard either. Unless you feel betraying your friends for money should be somehow acceptable.

As for there being much worse things in the world, duh.


Welcome to reality. Look at the average NBA player or NFL player. Do you honestly think these people would be admired or looked up to if they weren't athletes? Do you even believe most of these people would be contributing members of society for the matter? If you do, then I think you must be delusional.

Even if you look at the world of gaming, many of the tops stars are certainly nowhere near being role models and more often than not, many of them exhibit questionable character at best. We look up to these people (or should be, anyway) for their talent in the games and sports that they play, not because they've displayed any shred of integrity or moral character. The two traits are not intertwined and having one doesn't mean you have the other.

Personally I've no idea why you would feel insulted by me stating my belief most athletes would be considered the dregs of human society if not for their talent. Have you been around many athletes on any level? Are you an athlete yourself? It's just my opinion from my experience around the athletes I've known and my observations of their lifestyles and behavior. Perhaps your life experience is different... The number of athletes I met that I might expect to exhibit any moral judgement whatsoever, I could probably count in my two hands. The number of competitive gamers I've personally met with similar characteristics would probably be even lower than that.

As for being held to a higher standard, if I told you that some random person betrayed their friends for money, would you honestly be surprised or shocked? I certainly wouldn't. It happens all the time and it's been happening since the beginning of recorded history. It's a sad occurance, but nothing to be outraged over, particularly if you yourself aren't on the receiving end of it. So what's with the shock here? A bunch of people sold out. What's new? In the end, none of this will really affect most of us anyway. Starcraft will most likely just continue as usual with new player coming up to replace the ones taken down in this mess and Starcraft 2 will come out and so on and so forth. So again, what have you actually lost that you're so mad about? Some naive belief that competitive gamers value sportsmanship in a career with no future over money?

Go read the thread about how pro-gamers actually live and what kind of future they actually have for their sacrifice and tell me that you can't understand why they might do something like this. It's easy to judge, isn't it? If only sportsmanship paid the bills... Frankly, if you want to really be mad at someone, it shouldn't be the gamers in this case. They're acting as naturally as I would assume anyone in that situation would. For the gamers that weren't involved (and we'll never know the extent of this), I would admit that they've either got some character or they were just lucky enough to never be approached.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
May 19 2010 22:34 GMT
#913
On May 20 2010 02:24 SuperArc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2010 01:34 LunarDestiny wrote:
Wait. Go.Go was involved. Then what would happened to Nalra's Old Boy Series?


This surely means go.go will never appear in the series again.


that's a shame, cause he was the most entertaining guy on the show by far
I drop suckas like Plinko
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
May 19 2010 22:39 GMT
#914
On May 16 2010 14:10 Rekrul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2010 13:54 Nal_rAwr wrote:
only 12 games were rigged?

doesn't seem anything like it had to do with savior's "slump"


0% chance


Savior figured he was making enough money from the betting sites so he didnt need to stay on top anymore.
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
kawatan
Profile Joined January 2010
288 Posts
May 19 2010 22:41 GMT
#915
On May 20 2010 04:24 JinMaikeul wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen to these pro-gamers implicated in this scandal... Obviously there's the issue of prosecution and sentencing, but aside from that, what are they gonig to do with their lives given that their pro-gaming career is essentially over now? I doubt any of them have an education or any prospects whatsoever to get into a university... Pretty sad, if you think about it.


they managed to live the dream of playing professional starcraft. i don't think it's that sad and anyway sympathy is the last thing i'd give these scumbags.

http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_49146.html

yarnc apologizes for...something. someone please translate.
Radical
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States481 Posts
May 19 2010 22:47 GMT
#916
On May 20 2010 07:41 kawatan wrote:
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_49146.html

yarnc apologizes for...something. someone please translate.

It's on page 45 of this thread.
pugowar
Profile Joined January 2010
United States142 Posts
May 19 2010 23:01 GMT
#917



Welcome to reality. Look at the average NBA player or NFL player. Do you honestly think these people would be admired or looked up to if they weren't athletes? Do you even believe most of these people would be contributing members of society for the matter? If you do, then I think you must be delusional.

I think you are delusional. You henestly think that people who play sports, if they didn't have that outlet, would ALL be criminals? Some would yes, just like any other professional. So you are saying that every person who plays college football or basketball (or any sport, I guess) who isn't a professiona; player turns to being a criminal. That is being delusional.

Even if you look at the world of gaming, many of the tops stars are certainly nowhere near being role models and more often than not, many of them exhibit questionable character at best. We look up to these people (or should be, anyway) for their talent in the games and sports that they play, not because they've displayed any shred of integrity or moral character. The two traits are not intertwined and having one doesn't mean you have the other.

No, we thing they should have integrity and moral characters because, as human beings living in a society, we believe that all people should live to this standard. This particular issue effects us because we enjoy the competition of the game, and that enjoyment is lessened by knowing that the outcome may be decided by anything less then the effort of the two players.

Personally I've no idea why you would feel insulted by me stating my belief most athletes would be considered the dregs of human society if not for their talent. Have you been around many athletes on any level? Are you an athlete yourself? It's just my opinion from my experience around the athletes I've known and my observations of their lifestyles and behavior. Perhaps your life experience is different... The number of athletes I met that I might expect to exhibit any moral judgement whatsoever, I could probably count in my two hands. The number of competitive gamers I've personally met with similar characteristics would probably be even lower than that.

I am outraged by your statement because of the massive stereotyping you are doing, based on your limited judgement. I choice to believe that people are inheritantly good. I have many friends who are athletes who would not act like this. Part of being in a society means not making decisions based soley on personal gain but thinking about how your decisions effect people as a whole.

As for being held to a higher standard, if I told you that some random person betrayed their friends for money, would you honestly be surprised or shocked? I certainly wouldn't. It happens all the time and it's been happening since the beginning of recorded history. It's a sad occurance, but nothing to be outraged over, particularly if you yourself aren't on the receiving end of it. So what's with the shock here? A bunch of people sold out. What's new? In the end, none of this will really affect most of us anyway. Starcraft will most likely just continue as usual with new player coming up to replace the ones taken down in this mess and Starcraft 2 will come out and so on and so forth. So again, what have you actually lost that you're so mad about? Some naive belief that competitive gamers value sportsmanship in a career with no future over money?

I would not be shocked, but I would be saddened, just like I am about this. Just because somethign happens all the time doesn't make it right and doesn't mean we should ignore it. This DOES effect me because I enjoy watching these games, and I want to continue to do so.

Go read the thread about how pro-gamers actually live and what kind of future they actually have for their sacrifice and tell me that you can't understand why they might do something like this. It's easy to judge, isn't it? If only sportsmanship paid the bills... Frankly, if you want to really be mad at someone, it shouldn't be the gamers in this case. They're acting as naturally as I would assume anyone in that situation would. For the gamers that weren't involved (and we'll never know the extent of this), I would admit that they've either got some character or they were just lucky enough to never be approached

I ahven't read the thread, but everyone works hard and doesn't live that great. I have a job where I work 9 hours a day and then have to study 2 hours every night. Does that mean I should go out and cheat and lie and steal to get ahead? These players get to make a living playing a game and being adored by thousands of people worldwide. There is a bit of resposibility there - when you are a public person you are held to a higher standard - and you should be.

I guess I am just irritated about people trying to be cool and pertend that this doesn't matter or that it's okay to be a criminal. Just because other people do somethign is NOT an excuse to do it yourself.
Gooooooooooo Sparkyz!
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
May 19 2010 23:03 GMT
#918
On May 20 2010 07:07 JinMaikeul wrote:

Welcome to reality. Look at the average NBA player or NFL player. Do you honestly think these people would be admired or looked up to if they weren't athletes? Do you even believe most of these people would be contributing members of society for the matter? If you do, then I think you must be delusional.


Not sure about NFL players but to succeed in progaming you need hard work and talent (including intelligence). I think this correlates pretty well with success in other fields.

Personally I've no idea why you would feel insulted by me stating my belief most athletes would be considered the dregs of human society if not for their talent.


I'm not. I'm saying it's insulting to the players.

So again, what have you actually lost that you're so mad about? Some naive belief that competitive gamers value sportsmanship in a career with no future over money?


I think people are more disappointed than anything else.
I also feel that claiming that most players value money over clean competition (not sure how sportsmanship even comes into this) is more about defending cheating than those who did it. "Everyone does it, so it must be fine." It's exactly the defense some of the cheaters in TSL used.

They're acting as naturally as I would assume anyone in that situation would.


You seriously don't see what's wrong with this statement? You went from "progamers have a tough life" to "let's not judge them over this" to "everyone would do this given the chance". Obviously I agree with the first part (and like most people on this site, knew about it even before the article came out). I understand why some people don't want to judge, although I mostly disagree. But saying that everyone would do this is wrong, and I don't mean just factually.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
plan3t
Profile Joined October 2008
Canada75 Posts
May 19 2010 23:48 GMT
#919
go.go and Hwasin?
This is a big let down.
I was really happy when these two made it to the ro16 in the OSL. They were the two guys I was cheering for. I thought they had what it took to make it to the Round of 8 and remember being disappointed in them losing games I was pretty confident that they had a great shot at winning.
I guess this may explain way.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 20 2010 00:22 GMT
#920
:'( Savior boohoo. This is still a big blow to the credibility in the states.
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 11651
StarCastTV_EN238
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 311
Lowko226
ProTech88
Rex 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 8404
EffOrt 3872
BeSt 1260
Larva 1035
Hyuk 689
Horang2 675
ZerO 669
Zeus 208
Hyun 195
Killer 135
[ Show more ]
Light 133
Stork 133
Barracks 111
Rush 71
Shinee 44
Yoon 40
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 30
Terrorterran 24
Mong 23
PianO 21
Sacsri 17
HiyA 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
sorry 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 655
XcaliburYe344
League of Legends
KnowMe37
Counter-Strike
byalli817
Other Games
singsing2001
olofmeister1450
crisheroes234
Livibee183
Sick147
ArmadaUGS53
Mew2King53
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 167
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1900
• Stunt426
Other Games
• WagamamaTV156
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
36m
Rex35
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.