• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9960 users

[TSL] Ro16 Roundup - Page 3

Forum Index > News
61 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
SUSUGAM
Profile Joined November 2007
United States177 Posts
February 08 2010 18:18 GMT
#41
On February 09 2010 02:07 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 08 2010 14:11 SUSUGAM wrote:
I'm sorry if this is ignorant bullshit. I am merely a fan. This is what I've observed. I love watching starcraft. I've been deeply into the scene (as a fan) for years. If the commentators and spectator are doing all of this for free, then I can't blame anyone, and it's just too bad. But if they are being compensated somehow, I feel sorry for PokerStrategy.com for the return. Artosis is great at post-game analysis and his knowledge of the game is very good, but I think he rambles on too much during the games rather than delivering the game play to the viewer. (which Tasteless has always been great at) Tasteless will immediately stop what he's saying when the action starts. Artosis seems to have trouble doing this. It really seems like Nick is trying to just be polite and wait for Artosis to finish his monologues half the time.

Hopefully I won't get banned for speaking up. Wouldn't surprise me though. I'm just an ungrateful netizen douchebag anyway, I suppose.

No need to feel sorry for PokerStrategy.com what TSL delivers goes far beyond expectation of what they thought we would deliver or be capable of. They have a far more realistic understanding of what we should be delivering compared to the one you seem to be portraying. Which is one that compares us to organizations with studios, 10 years of experience and budgets that go far into the millions.

That said your complaints are totally legit. Not the weight you put on them but they are accurate. It feels to me you are largely focused on last Saturdays cast which had the unfortunate event of intrigue our scheduled observer losing power in his building which cause us to at the last minute rely on Carnac who was the stand-in for Saturday, scheduled to cast Sunday himself. Our observer is an extension of the directors due to the 15s delay in the stream that we have to work with due to not having a studio. Needless to say an observer jumping in unprepared for the games will hurt the quality. He will not have seen the games before and has to stress around talking to the directors about what needs to be done next. It is something we very much would like to avoid as well. Would you mind watching Sundays cast and tell us if you feel it was better than the one you're describing.

At all times we are trying to improve. We see the same things as all of you and trust me we work our asses off to fix anything we're unsatisfied with. From here on I think you will be pleasantly surprised, as you might already be once you watch yesterdays cast. Here's a screenshot from how our observer works. It includes his SC screen, ventrilo, IRC, the art and the streaming. As you can see we need to be very prepared for a cast to make it work.

[image loading]



Honestly, your reply alone is extremely reassuring. I only just finished watching Ret vs Castro, and not only were the games utterly amazing (and I hate ZvZ) but the delivery was spot on.

My complaints before were more about that specific day than anything. I know Korean SC has the experience and money to be beyond professional (except MBC of course) and I assure you that I wasn't demanding that level of display. TSL1 was great, and this TSL has been better, absolutely. In every way. It would be hard to argue otherwise. At least there was a reasonable explanation for the one day of serious problems. It's good to see how much you, and many others, actually CARE about putting out the best possible display of the game. That's all the fans want. It's no different for any other sport. Starcraft doesn't have a ball for the camera to follow around, so there is a massive responsibility in the observer's hands. It's easy to take them for granted.

Missing a key play now and then is understandable, but Saturday was just baffling prior to your explanation. I didn't mean to come off as bratty as I did, but it was mostly just an impulsive response after I got done watching the games.

Hopefully everything continues as it was meant to be, and we get to enjoy more quality foreign Starcraft. Keep up the brilliant work, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for the reply, Nazgul.
bisufanboi049
HopLight
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden999 Posts
February 08 2010 18:20 GMT
#42
Nice!!! This means that there is no longer a possibility of a mirror finals.
Regna
Profile Joined February 2010
Turkey4 Posts
February 08 2010 18:27 GMT
#43
Can anyone give info when replays gonna be released? i hate watching vods. Actually i wanna follow up build orders easily ...
all this pain is an illisuion
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
February 08 2010 18:30 GMT
#44
On February 09 2010 03:27 Regna wrote:
Can anyone give info when replays gonna be released? i hate watching vods. Actually i wanna follow up build orders easily ...

We do not release replays of the Round of 16. You can find a lot of replays of ladder games in the TSL forum.
Regna
Profile Joined February 2010
Turkey4 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-08 18:36:31
February 08 2010 18:35 GMT
#45
Reason ?? -.- many ppls are looking forward for replays .. and u not gonna release the reps ??? its not funny
all this pain is an illisuion
aqui
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany1023 Posts
February 08 2010 19:16 GMT
#46
On February 09 2010 03:35 Regna wrote:
Reason ?? -.- many ppls are looking forward for replays .. and u not gonna release the reps ??? its not funny

feel free to sponsor the next tsl and you will get replays i guess.
kernl
Profile Joined October 2008
84 Posts
February 08 2010 19:26 GMT
#47
Sen will completely and utterly rape ret. And don't you dare call it an upset.
Mondi will win, too. Not a walk in the park, but kind of convincingly I guess.
Ra vs JF is totally 50/50, I'll go with ra.
Idra, even though I hate Nony less. But this is the one matchup where I feel an upset is possible.
desu
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
February 08 2010 20:17 GMT
#48
sen has a very good chance at going to finals oo.
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
February 08 2010 20:56 GMT
#49
On February 09 2010 04:26 kernl wrote:
Sen will completely and utterly rape ret. And don't you dare call it an upset.
Mondi will win, too. Not a walk in the park, but kind of convincingly I guess.
Ra vs JF is totally 50/50, I'll go with ra.
Idra, even though I hate Nony less. But this is the one matchup where I feel an upset is possible.

Finally someone with the sense to see that IdrA winning would be the upset, not the other way around. Though if I'm feeling particularly humble, I might say an upset isn't possible because we are evenly matched.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
February 08 2010 21:11 GMT
#50
On February 09 2010 05:56 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2010 04:26 kernl wrote:
Sen will completely and utterly rape ret. And don't you dare call it an upset.
Mondi will win, too. Not a walk in the park, but kind of convincingly I guess.
Ra vs JF is totally 50/50, I'll go with ra.
Idra, even though I hate Nony less. But this is the one matchup where I feel an upset is possible.

Finally someone with the sense to see that IdrA winning would be the upset, not the other way around. Though if I'm feeling particularly humble, I might say an upset isn't possible because we are evenly matched.

O yea babe
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
February 08 2010 21:53 GMT
#51
On February 09 2010 03:35 Regna wrote:
Reason ?? -.- many ppls are looking forward for replays .. and u not gonna release the reps ??? its not funny

The reason is that sponsorship relies on people seeing the logo. While watching the game and hearing sponsor plugs during the cast. We are also trying to develop TSL as a product. Releasing Ro16+ replays detracts from both of these goals.
_Grazze_
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
834 Posts
February 08 2010 22:31 GMT
#52
White-Ra 3-1
NonY 2-3
Mondragon 1-3
Ret 2-3

I want Nony, Ret and Mondragon to win though, along with White-Ra ofc!
kernl
Profile Joined October 2008
84 Posts
February 08 2010 22:58 GMT
#53
On February 09 2010 05:56 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2010 04:26 kernl wrote:
Sen will completely and utterly rape ret. And don't you dare call it an upset.
Mondi will win, too. Not a walk in the park, but kind of convincingly I guess.
Ra vs JF is totally 50/50, I'll go with ra.
Idra, even though I hate Nony less. But this is the one matchup where I feel an upset is possible.

Finally someone with the sense to see that IdrA winning would be the upset, not the other way around. Though if I'm feeling particularly humble, I might say an upset isn't possible because we are evenly matched.


No, I think Idra losing would be the upset.

But that's no reason not to feel flattered by my post.
desu
Simple
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States801 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-08 23:37:52
February 08 2010 23:33 GMT
#54
wow, awesome matchups, even a idra-nony rematch

edit:
On February 09 2010 03:35 Regna wrote:
Reason ?? -.- many ppls are looking forward for replays .. and u not gonna release the reps ??? its not funny

youre missing the point. TSL is supposed to be an experience. watching top foreigners duke it out. listening to the casts with hundreds of others around the world. to reduce that experience to simply downloading a small replay file would be an insult to TSL
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-09 00:22:37
February 09 2010 00:19 GMT
#55
Looks like Ret won't get a break from ZvZ till the finals..

GO NONY!

edit: Nony if you start winning more in face to face match with Idra, he'll be considered the underdog!
Xellos <3
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
February 09 2010 02:34 GMT
#56
nony 3-2
sen 3-2
JF 3-1
mondragon 3-0

:DDD
:)
Pure.Freedom
Profile Joined January 2010
United States114 Posts
February 09 2010 04:38 GMT
#57
Fenix goes from playing a young, inexperienced zerg (though a very talented one) to a zerg who has been around forever and perhaps has more experience than anybody in this tourny... curious to see if that changes his play style at all

Im the most excited for NonY vs IdrA who, by the way, both have the first and last letters in their names capitalized... and thats your random nugget of the day

Ret vs Sen should be good as well... can Ret keep improving on his ZvZ? Seems like the difference between Ret vs flaf and the post-courage ZvZ play has been noticeable
What you need to do is be thankful for the life you got, you know what im sayin? ... stop lookin at what you ain't got ... start bein thankful for what you do got.
Robinsa
Profile Joined May 2009
Japan1333 Posts
February 09 2010 09:51 GMT
#58
Can't wait for these matches! Especially the Idra - Noony match!

Rets zvz curse is still going strong it seems. I thought it would go away when he went home from korea...
4649!!
Cholli
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany8 Posts
February 09 2010 15:48 GMT
#59
White-Ra 3-2
IdrA 3-1
Mondragon 3-1
Sen 3-1

Finals hopefully Mondragon vs IdrA
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
February 09 2010 16:04 GMT
#60
Ahh JF vs Ra is killing me :X , I want both of them to win!

Anyway, NONY you better kick Idra's ass!
I expect 3-0, no less!!!

In fenix vs mondi I'm rooting for Mondi but I think it will be a very close series, hopefully 3-2 for Mondi :D

Sen vs Ret is hard to say, but Sen really impressed me in the Draco games so despite being a usual Ret fan I'm going with Sen on this one!


GOGO TSL!
Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 459
UpATreeSC 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1029
Dewaltoss 137
firebathero 88
Zeus 68
Trap 48
Sexy 30
zelot 30
soO 23
ToSsGirL 21
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 15
Dota 2
Gorgc7064
qojqva2305
Dendi855
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1333
Fnx 674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5354
Liquid`Hasu1064
Other Games
Grubby4618
summit1g1703
Beastyqt759
B2W.Neo634
ceh9473
byalli366
C9.Mang0156
KnowMe152
ArmadaUGS146
TKL 117
BRAT_OK 74
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
WardiTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3690
Other Games
• Shiphtur356
• WagamamaTV294
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 31m
Stellar Fest
18h 31m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.