• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:00
CEST 19:00
KST 02:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8727 users

[TSL] Ro16 Roundup - Page 2

Forum Index > News
61 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3136 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-08 04:53:29
February 08 2010 04:53 GMT
#21
Absolutely can't wait for Idra versus Nony. Match of the tournament right there.
I'm really rooting for Nony to take it, but either way, it's gonna be awesome. Go Nony!

Other than that, Gosi[terran] has showed a lot of promise, so I hope he moves on as well. And I'll definitely be rooting for ret to take down his opponent. Ditto for Mondragon.

No predictions, though. It'll all be decided soon...

MAY THE BEST NERD WIN!
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
SUSUGAM
Profile Joined November 2007
United States177 Posts
February 08 2010 05:11 GMT
#22
Tasteless is usually a great (IMO, the absolute best English commentator) commentator, but I've gotta say... this is some of the worst spectating/commentating I've seen. This entire TSL, you can see the minimap and regularly watch things like dropships failing, things being scouted, and other major events. The spectator misses it, and the commentators miss it. It makes the games look worse than they actually are. Hope I can get the replays so I can actually watch these games properly instead of just watching the minimap all game.

I don't know who is recording as spectator (I guess Carnac?), but it is not something you can half ass in a tournament this big. It really makes me appreciate how great the Korean spectators are. They so rarely miss anything major. They remember to watch the minimap, as it seems our TSL spectator isn't doing. Sorry if this is insulting, but come on. Is it too much to ask to have the screen move to where the giant blue minimap blob is going? To see the shuttle drop zealot bombs?

If nothing else, let us see what the commentators are seeing, so we don't have to listen to them talk about crap we can't even see. Game 3 of White-Ra vs TT1 is a brilliant example of this. The entire game is really poorly done. The spectator sees a shuttle with reavers die, the commentators miss it. The commentators are screaming at other moments, as the spectator sits the screen on nothing, and then whips around as though trying to find what's going on.

Half the time, the commentators are so busy going on in a monologue about some irrelevant nonsense. They seem too focused on talking to COMMENTATE THE GAME.

This reflects badly on the entire tournament. It would be nice to have the second half of this TSL be presented to the fans how it is meant to be presented. This tournament is great, but it's being tarnished with poor delivery.

I'm sorry if this is ignorant bullshit. I am merely a fan. This is what I've observed. I love watching starcraft. I've been deeply into the scene (as a fan) for years. If the commentators and spectator are doing all of this for free, then I can't blame anyone, and it's just too bad. But if they are being compensated somehow, I feel sorry for PokerStrategy.com for the return. Artosis is great at post-game analysis and his knowledge of the game is very good, but I think he rambles on too much during the games rather than delivering the game play to the viewer. (which Tasteless has always been great at) Tasteless will immediately stop what he's saying when the action starts. Artosis seems to have trouble doing this. It really seems like Nick is trying to just be polite and wait for Artosis to finish his monologues half the time.

Hopefully I won't get banned for speaking up. Wouldn't surprise me though. I'm just an ungrateful netizen douchebag anyway, I suppose.
bisufanboi049
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
February 08 2010 05:17 GMT
#23
idra vs nony will be an epic series. and poor ret keeps getting zvzs
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
DeathByMonkeys
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States742 Posts
February 08 2010 06:25 GMT
#24
Definitely looking forward to some high level terran play. Mirror's are... meh.

And man, ret, bro keep getting the zvz's. But the road to greatness is never easy.
b0ng
Profile Joined January 2008
Czech Republic82 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-08 07:13:04
February 08 2010 07:02 GMT
#25
In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and - SNAP - the job's a game.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8178 Posts
February 08 2010 07:16 GMT
#26
kinda funny how the opposing sides of the brackets are 3 Protoss and a terran vs 3 zerg and a terran.
Free Palestine
Ricjames
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Czech Republic1047 Posts
February 08 2010 08:00 GMT
#27
I would rather see some PvZ than ZvZ and PvP. Can't wait for IdrA vs Nony match, i really hope Nony will do his best to take down IdrA and even that might not be enough. JF vs White Ra makes me sad, don't want one of them to go. Mondi really surprised me against Bratok with his control. When i saw Fenix vs Kolll: I was like damn Fenix you need to be agressive to beat zerg like kolll, force sunkens and deny third. (he did that and won). It is the same for Fenix vs Mondi. If Fenix plays agressive, he can take the series, but it will be even harder than against Kolll cause Mondi has so much experience compared to Kolll.
Brood War is the best RTS that has ever been created.
OhThatDang
Profile Joined August 2004
United States4685 Posts
February 08 2010 08:37 GMT
#28
i love upsets =D Nony FTW
troi oi thang map nai!!!
MadNeSs
Profile Joined March 2007
Denmark1507 Posts
February 08 2010 11:46 GMT
#29
I have a question.

Has no other progamer ever used that strategy of taking the bottom left expansion on destination? Seems pretty crazy if mondi has come up with something like that, but no other progamer has done?
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 08 2010 11:59 GMT
#30
On February 08 2010 20:46 MadNeSs wrote:
I have a question.

Has no other progamer ever used that strategy of taking the bottom left expansion on destination? Seems pretty crazy if mondi has come up with something like that, but no other progamer has done?

jaedong vs firebathero

BTW, Chill and Day[9] are a LOT better duo than Tasteless + Artosis, at least here. Artosis is great but tasteless is quite bleh imo. Artosis + Chill might be nice, letting the brothers commentate together, but I think tasteless would somehow ruin Day[9]'s commentary, too.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
February 08 2010 12:08 GMT
#31
has the schedule been decided yet? sorry if it has been mentioned somewhere
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
ondik
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Czech Republic2908 Posts
February 08 2010 12:59 GMT
#32
On February 08 2010 21:08 PredY wrote:
has the schedule been decided yet?


This. I hope the shedule will be PvP + TvZ one day and PvT + ZvZ the other day so we can see all three races each day.
Bisu. The one and only. // Save the cheerreaver, save the world (of SC2)
win8282
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)454 Posts
February 08 2010 13:05 GMT
#33
So hyped for Ret v Sen. Lets see how badass Ret's ZvZ has truly become!
As for Nony v Idra, Nony will pown idra! Do it for Auir!
White-Ra vs JF is also another amazing match. A pvp between the two of the three best foreign protosses!
Chillz
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada100 Posts
February 08 2010 13:33 GMT
#34
@SUSUGAM

I agree with you on most of the things you said. However, it seems to me that Tasteless, who is usually quite good, has been much worse than normal throughout this TSL and particularly bad in this past weekend's matches.

It sounded to like Tasteless was uninterested, tired, and half hungover or drunk to me. He was screwing up a lot of the things he was saying and it felt like Artosis had to cover for him and wait for him to stop babbling before he could step in and try to save the commentary. I could count so many times that something big was going on and Tasteless was just rambling about something for several minutes and by the time it was Artosis' turn to speak the action was so far past that half of those times he didn't bother to point it out to save face for Tasteless. The other times he would quickly mention it and move on.

Of course I do understand that it was 4am-7am over there while they were commentating and that is partly valid excuse for sure. But I think if Tasteless is going to take this seriously he needs to plan his Saturday around this commentary and make sure he gets enough sleep during the day to make sure he can function properly and feign enthusiasm during the games even if he isn't interested and be more alert so he can catch more stuff on the mini map as it is happening.

In any case, I still don't think the commentary and observing was terrible or anything because I still totally enjoyed most of the matches. Hopefully this will be taken as constructive criticism if anyone reads it because I totally appreciate all the work you guys put into this for so little return!!
Shiro)Tenshi
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
China214 Posts
February 08 2010 14:59 GMT
#35
JF, Nony, Fenix and Sen for Ro4~!!!
MannerMan
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
371 Posts
February 08 2010 15:41 GMT
#36
I know it says the schedule will be released soon, but will all 4 games be played this weekend?
towel
Profile Joined October 2009
Sweden156 Posts
February 08 2010 16:54 GMT
#37
let the haters hate
"Sir we are surrounded! - Exelent, then we can attack in every direction!"
SUSUGAM
Profile Joined November 2007
United States177 Posts
February 08 2010 16:56 GMT
#38
On February 08 2010 22:33 Chillz wrote:
@SUSUGAM

I agree with you on most of the things you said. However, it seems to me that Tasteless, who is usually quite good, has been much worse than normal throughout this TSL and particularly bad in this past weekend's matches.


Yes, agreed. I didn't mean to single out Artosis as much as I did, but the overall commentary was just bad on that specific day, more than anything else. All the other days, even of these two guys were very good, considering their return. Maybe it's purely the time of day, who knows. I definitely have found Chill and Day's commentary better so far, when I expected the opposite to be true.

Both Artosis and Tasteless were both doing poorly, rambling on repeatedly and missing the action. For me personally, too much to enjoy the game. However, I can mute the commentary, but I can't take control of the spectator to see what is happening... which is a much bigger problem for the viewers.
bisufanboi049
Regna
Profile Joined February 2010
Turkey4 Posts
February 08 2010 17:01 GMT
#39
Replays???????? pls
all this pain is an illisuion
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-08 17:15:30
February 08 2010 17:07 GMT
#40
On February 08 2010 14:11 SUSUGAM wrote:
I'm sorry if this is ignorant bullshit. I am merely a fan. This is what I've observed. I love watching starcraft. I've been deeply into the scene (as a fan) for years. If the commentators and spectator are doing all of this for free, then I can't blame anyone, and it's just too bad. But if they are being compensated somehow, I feel sorry for PokerStrategy.com for the return. Artosis is great at post-game analysis and his knowledge of the game is very good, but I think he rambles on too much during the games rather than delivering the game play to the viewer. (which Tasteless has always been great at) Tasteless will immediately stop what he's saying when the action starts. Artosis seems to have trouble doing this. It really seems like Nick is trying to just be polite and wait for Artosis to finish his monologues half the time.

Hopefully I won't get banned for speaking up. Wouldn't surprise me though. I'm just an ungrateful netizen douchebag anyway, I suppose.

No need to feel sorry for PokerStrategy.com what TSL delivers goes far beyond expectation of what they thought we would deliver or be capable of. They have a far more realistic understanding of what we should be delivering compared to the one you seem to be portraying. Which is one that compares us to organizations with studios, 10 years of experience and budgets that go far into the millions.

That said your complaints are totally legit. Not the weight you put on them but they are accurate. It feels to me you are largely focused on last Saturdays cast which had the unfortunate event of intrigue our scheduled observer losing power in his building which cause us to at the last minute rely on Carnac who was the stand-in for Saturday, scheduled to cast Sunday himself. Our observer is an extension of the directors due to the 15s delay in the stream that we have to work with due to not having a studio. Needless to say an observer jumping in unprepared for the games will hurt the quality. He will not have seen the games before and has to stress around talking to the directors about what needs to be done next. It is something we very much would like to avoid as well. Would you mind watching Sundays cast and tell us if you feel it was better than the one you're describing.

At all times we are trying to improve. We see the same things as all of you and trust me we work our asses off to fix anything we're unsatisfied with. From here on I think you will be pleasantly surprised, as you might already be once you watch yesterdays cast. Here's a screenshot from how our observer works. It includes his SC screen, ventrilo, IRC, the art and the streaming. As you can see we need to be very prepared for a cast to make it work.

[image loading]

Administrator
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 162
UpATreeSC 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1357
EffOrt 1118
Mini 730
Soma 618
actioN 473
Rush 435
Larva 312
Light 302
BeSt 217
Snow 145
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 140
hero 114
firebathero 112
Zeus 58
sorry 56
Barracks 55
Liquid`Ret 53
Sexy 26
Shine 26
ToSsGirL 25
JYJ 24
Bale 23
soO 22
Trap 19
zelot 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8769
qojqva2242
Dendi905
420jenkins201
Counter-Strike
Fnx 807
pashabiceps803
x6flipin396
ceh9392
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5569
Grubby4366
Liquid`Hasu418
Other Games
Beastyqt520
B2W.Neo456
byalli434
Khaldor188
DeMusliM178
Liquid`VortiX146
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS114
C9.Mang088
BRAT_OK 81
TKL 70
Trikslyr55
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH252
• StrangeGG 77
• mYiSmile122
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• blackmanpl 11
• 80smullet 8
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV408
League of Legends
• Nemesis3393
• TFBlade887
Other Games
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h
Kung Fu Cup
18h
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.