• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:53
CEST 21:53
KST 04:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8732 users

[GG] Red Army Mafia - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 63 Next
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
July 29 2009 21:09 GMT
#261
On July 30 2009 06:05 Zato-1 wrote:
On a completely unrelated issue- can a 'dead' player still post after he got killed, such as saying "oh guys, before I died I got a PM from player X, it said such and such"?
No. This is why in some previous mafia games you have people post absolutely everything they know when they believe they're going to die. After you're dead you can't post anything that has any affect on the game.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
July 29 2009 21:09 GMT
#262
Well, I screwed my quote.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 21:09 GMT
#263
Ok L, good luck trying to convince anyone that isn't completely fucking dumb the NKVD Agents should go undercover. If 2 of them die can we agree that you will be auto-lynched. I want people taking responsibility for their actions his game.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
July 29 2009 21:11 GMT
#264
And if the "Rebel" used a check the Night before why would the real Rebel even entertain the thought of talking to him since he can't be confirmed?
EXACTLY.

SO NOW REAL REBELS CANT ORGANIZE UNTIL DAY 3-4, POSSIBLY LATER IF THEY CHECK NON-REBEL TARGETS.

At which point we can switch NKVD agents to all vigilantes if we want and proceed from there. Rules aren't clear on when/how/how many rolecheck masks our agents can use, but if they can change them post start, we're 100% fine.

Even then, trading a single Dt for a single mafia at days 3-4 is fantastic trade given they have 1 kp/day (depending on how many there are).
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
coltrane
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Chile988 Posts
July 29 2009 21:11 GMT
#265
On July 30 2009 06:00 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2009 05:39 Scamp wrote:
Well that situation of the two NKVD agents targeting each other would be unfortunate but unlikely.

Besides, the point isn't to take out one Ukranian. The point is to infiltrate a group in order to take out a bunch of them. I don't think I'd want to start hitting people if I were in a Ukranian group of two or three, so getting "confirmed" by killing someone wouldn't be a problem until later.


Impossible to call. No idea how the NKVD agents individually select who they want to Role Check. you can't get IN the group - that's the problem. Once again think of it basically like this:

Ace - NKVD Agent
Scamp - Ukrainian Rebel

Ace - o hai scamp, I checked you out. You're Rebel, so am I! <3
Scamp - o ok. cool. This is L and coltrane, their rebels too. Sup?
Ace - lol newbs I'm an Agent. GG.

Do you really think you'd do that?

or is it more like this:

Ace -o hai scamp, I checked you out. You're Rebel, so am I! <3
Scamp - that's nice hoe. Who did you kill last night?
Ace - oh I killed...um...Foolishness. (I have no idea who really did so I'm guessing)
Scamp(who knows the truth because he knows who killed Foolishness) - o ok. Well I can't trust you yet so who are you going to kill tomorrow night?
Ace - um...I'll kill LucasWoj!
Scamp - ok well when Lucas shows up dead I'll let you know!

2 problems already fucks the Agent over:
I die immediately because Scamp knows the truth and kills me.
I survive till the next day but Lucas doesn't die unless I get super lucky. If he doesn't I'm killed. The best I could do is roleclaim to the town that I'm an NKVD agent and found Scamp.
Scamp of course says he's also an NKVD Agent and was undercover also.

How do you sort through the liars? Even worse - what if Scamp really is an NKVD agent.

Come on, I know what I'm talking about here. You guys are assuming the Rebels are so dumb as not to ask 2 simple questions which would destroy any NKVD agent without a lot of information ahead of time.



Your dialogues are so inocent that i am ashamed.

NKVD doesnt need to contact rebels. The rebels need to contact rebels. It turns that any rebel would be risking giving up himself if he roleclaim to NKVD possing as rebbel.

coltrane (Rebbel):r u ukranian? who you killed lastnight?
Ace (NKVD):I hitted L but he survives... and you?
coltrane: i RC you, didnt hit. Who are you hitting tonight?
Ace (NKVD):no idea, L is townie, but lived lastnight... if protected we lose KP, think i will RC.
coltrane: i dont trust you. I will hit L tonight.
Ace: I dont trust you either.

so ace tells L he is going to be hitted, and that coltrane is 100% rebbel. Of course, a NKVD who RC an Ukranian doesnt contact him.
Jävla skit
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 21:11 GMT
#266
On July 30 2009 06:01 Falcynn wrote:
Yeah, since I'm not sure if I was clear enough, I'm going to try to detail this better.

NKVD should disguise themselves as Ukrainians
This is good because it'll force the Ukrainians to be more careful about who they trust, stalling any form of organization between them for at least a few days. The only drawback to this is if an NKVD targets another NKVD, which is fairly unlikely, but if it does happen it shouldn't be too disastrous because...

NKVD should not try to infiltrate the network
This is a waste of time, because the Ukrainians have enough methods at their disposal to verify Ukrainians within a day. If an NKVD agent comes out to a Ukrainian, then they have roughly 1 day left to live. If they're that suicidal, they may as well just open up to the town and pray for medic protection. They should simply disguise as Ukrainian, then continue playing as if this was any other mafia game by subtly trying to sway the towns opinion with what they find out rather than trying to come out in the open.


Imo NKVD Agents should disguise themselves as Towny and then play as a normal DT would. No need to expose themselves - just build a case against Rebels and smash them when the time is right. Everyone wants to be hero and ends up just another dead body when they try some clever plan with a big gaping hole in it :/

The town already has an insane advantage - why piss it away with risky moves.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
July 29 2009 21:12 GMT
#267
Basically you've admitted mafia have no information, but you want ukranians to be able to check NKVD agents and see a blue/green and KNOW there's a safe kill target, and KNOW rebels are actually rebels.

C'mon Ace, keep the story straight. Those are your tips. Follow them :3.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
July 29 2009 21:12 GMT
#268
Wait, so are you saying that NKVD shouldn't disguise themselves as rebels?

Because while I perfectly agree that trying to infiltrate the rebel network is a horrible idea, I don't see any other role that NKVD can disguise as. If they disguise themselves as red, they'll get killed off quickly. If they disguise themselves as green, then they'll probably be killed off as well. By disguising themselves as blue, then that throws a wrench into whatever plans the rebels have to organize stalling them for a few days at least.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
July 29 2009 21:14 GMT
#269
but you want ukranians to be able to check NKVD agents and see a blue/green and KNOW there's a safe kill target


Fuck you caller for switching the colours this game. I meant Red/Green.

Town is Christmas colours.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
July 29 2009 21:15 GMT
#270
Ace your scenerio is if an NKVD agent finds a Ukranian. But we're talking about the NKVD posing as a Ukranian. Also, what about counter-proof? I like how I have all the power in that argument and I don't have to prove myself at all.


But wait, are we all agreed now that every NKVD should list themselves as Ukranian? I think it sounds that way.
Cheese is good for you!
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
July 29 2009 21:15 GMT
#271
Wow, ninja'd, repeatedly =/

Well, I guess this is where we have a disagreement. I really really believe that NKVD should pose as rebels. The chances of them of being RC'd by the rebels are slim enough that they won't have to worry about having to BS their way out, and the confusion of having them undercover will, as I mentioned repeatedly, stall any organization efforts for a few days. Which IMO is a huge asset to us.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 21:16 GMT
#272
On July 30 2009 06:11 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
And if the "Rebel" used a check the Night before why would the real Rebel even entertain the thought of talking to him since he can't be confirmed?
EXACTLY.

SO NOW REAL REBELS CANT ORGANIZE UNTIL DAY 3-4, POSSIBLY LATER IF THEY CHECK NON-REBEL TARGETS.

At which point we can switch NKVD agents to all vigilantes if we want and proceed from there. Rules aren't clear on when/how/how many rolecheck masks our agents can use, but if they can change them post start, we're 100% fine.

Even then, trading a single Dt for a single mafia at days 3-4 is fantastic trade given they have 1 kp/day (depending on how many there are).



Um...no. The Rebels can certainly organize asap. Hi, who did you kill last night? O no one, cool. I'll wait till tomorrow night. They aren't going to get hasty. You are essentially saying OMG WE CAN PREVENT THEM FROM BEING ORGANIZED! when it just costs us some Agents. When the total number of roles in the game is revealed then they all know o ok, there's only 1 or 2 left. Time to start getting trigger happy.

It's never a good idea trading 1 for 1 in a game when no one can be confirmed. Ever.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
July 29 2009 21:17 GMT
#273
On July 30 2009 06:14 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
but you want ukranians to be able to check NKVD agents and see a blue/green and KNOW there's a safe kill target


Fuck you caller for switching the colours this game. I meant Red/Green.

Town is Christmas colours.

somebody wants to get modkilled
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 21:17 GMT
#274
On July 30 2009 06:12 L wrote:
Basically you've admitted mafia have no information, but you want ukranians to be able to check NKVD agents and see a blue/green and KNOW there's a safe kill target, and KNOW rebels are actually rebels.

C'mon Ace, keep the story straight. Those are your tips. Follow them :3.


If Agents are always green why would the Rebels kill them every time when every game peopel have been bitching about blue hunting? Makes no sense.

My story is always straight. Just like the other game when you were wrong about my allegiance. I'm always right, just face it. :/
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
coltrane
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Chile988 Posts
July 29 2009 21:18 GMT
#275
They always will have more time as ukranians than as anything else. An ukranian DT needs to be checked by ukranians. A townie DT doesnt need anything, is a sure shot.
Jävla skit
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 21:18 GMT
#276
On July 30 2009 06:15 Scamp wrote:
Ace your scenerio is if an NKVD agent finds a Ukranian. But we're talking about the NKVD posing as a Ukranian. Also, what about counter-proof? I like how I have all the power in that argument and I don't have to prove myself at all.


But wait, are we all agreed now that every NKVD should list themselves as Ukranian? I think it sounds that way.


whats the argument. Prove it.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
July 29 2009 21:19 GMT
#277
Good god I need to type my arguments faster.
Cheese is good for you!
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
July 29 2009 21:19 GMT
#278
There's certainly risks in the NKVD disguising themselves as rebels, however, I think that's the entire point of their role and the rebels not knowing each other. To throw a wrench into things. The ability to disguise yourself as a townie/another blue is nearly worthless. If you're rolechecked by an NKVD, you're safe to kill - the only reason they wouldn't kill you is if you disguised yourself as a townie, and they'd rather leave a townie alive and look for a red to kill - other than that, the only benefit of the ability is to disguise yourself as blue, and cause as much havoc as you possibly can.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
July 29 2009 21:20 GMT
#279
On July 30 2009 06:18 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2009 06:15 Scamp wrote:
Ace your scenerio is if an NKVD agent finds a Ukranian. But we're talking about the NKVD posing as a Ukranian. Also, what about counter-proof? I like how I have all the power in that argument and I don't have to prove myself at all.


But wait, are we all agreed now that every NKVD should list themselves as Ukranian? I think it sounds that way.


whats the argument. Prove it.


Um...I thought the proof is that any NKVD agent listing himself as anything else isn't really helpful.
Cheese is good for you!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 21:24 GMT
#280
On July 30 2009 06:20 Scamp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2009 06:18 Ace wrote:
On July 30 2009 06:15 Scamp wrote:
Ace your scenerio is if an NKVD agent finds a Ukranian. But we're talking about the NKVD posing as a Ukranian. Also, what about counter-proof? I like how I have all the power in that argument and I don't have to prove myself at all.


But wait, are we all agreed now that every NKVD should list themselves as Ukranian? I think it sounds that way.


whats the argument. Prove it.


Um...I thought the proof is that any NKVD agent listing himself as anything else isn't really helpful.


Why isn't it?

If he lists himself as a plain towny he might not get hit, as it's been shown Mafia players for some odd reason want to ignore greens and hit blue(red this game).

If he flips Rebel he will surely be questioned. There's no way around it. Are you telling me the Rebels will RC someone, sees he's Rebel and go nah, better leave that guy alone he might be an NKVD? Of course not, because no matter what if the guy really does flip NKVD the Rebel can also claim he's an NKVD agent undercover. Hence, BOTH of these guys have an out that can't be proven for days. If someone has a legit out in a Mafia game you can't lynch them unless you can prove their out is bullshit and you can't.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 678
JuggernautJason75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15943
Dewaltoss 116
Bale 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever291
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3283
Khaldor1854
crisheroes1118
Liquid`Hasu832
Other Games
summit1g4608
fl0m1132
FrodaN690
Beastyqt681
shahzam423
byalli265
KnowMe177
ArmadaUGS172
C9.Mang0160
UpATreeSC98
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
StarCraft 2
angryscii 32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie942
• WagamamaTV272
• Shiphtur219
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 7m
Stellar Fest
17h 7m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.