• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:02
CEST 20:02
KST 03:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7874 users

[GG] Red Army Mafia - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 63 Next
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-30 00:26:49
July 29 2009 22:19 GMT
#301
On July 30 2009 07:10 coltrane wrote:
easy, you ask for any information of both, then you lynch one and mafia kills the other, or you lynch both. is a 1:1 trade anyway, and it is good.

So your argument is:

1. All NKVD disguise as blue rebels
2. NKVD never PM someone they RC as rebel
3. When a rebel PMs an NKVD asking if he is rebel too, the NKVD can be sure whoever PMed him is rebel
4. NKVD comes clean. He and Rebel get lynched both (accused first, accuser later- spare accuser if accused turns out to be rebel).
5. We kill one rebel and probably lose an agent, plus if agent dies we get confirmed townies that the agent points out before his death.

On the downside, a RC from an NKVD that comes up as blue is useless and NKVD is only good for confirming townies and being a landmine for rebels who are RCing.

It... actually makes some sense. Hm.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
July 29 2009 22:19 GMT
#302
On July 30 2009 07:05 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2009 07:02 L wrote:
Basically, if NKVD do not contact their targets as a rule, rebels finding rebels cannot safely talk to each other upon fear of being confirmed blue, while our NKVD are free to check for town aligned players. This also prevents ukranians from mass pming people with "lol i checked you".


yes they can. Rebels will always talk to any blue they find. Hence, any NKVD dressed as blue will be contacted whether they want to or not. At this point if you assume everyone followed your rule SURE it confirms the Rebel as guilty BUT the Rebel always has the defense that he is also an undercover NKVD Agent and was contacted first.

How do you find out who is the liar?

Come on, THINK the entire scenario through and stop assuming everyone is dumb to the point they can't realize they have a simple alibi that fucks the town over.
Bit wired right now so I'm having trouble organizing my thoughts, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

That excuse wouldn't make sense. If we go by the way you have it thought out it'd go like this (Falcynn=NKVD Ace=Rebel, not implying anything, just realizing that this is hard to keep track of if I dn't do this). Again, this is all completely hypothetical.

Ace: Hey I just role check you and you're rebel apparently, I'm gonna need to figure out if I can trust you though, so who are you going to kill tonight/who did you kill last night.

I then post in the thread that Ace is a rebel. Ace then posts in the thread that he's actually NKVD and that I'm the one who contacted him first.

TBH that seems like a BS excuse because even if for whatever reason we entertain the possibility that Ace is NKVD and I'm a rebel, why the hell would I blow my identity like that? As a rebel I'd want to stay hidden as long as possible and only attempt to come out when my cover is blown.

Alternatively, the way I actually see this happening though is...

Ace: Hey, saw you're a rebel, just to make sure, who did you kill last night/who are you going to kill tomorrow?
Falcynn: I used a role check last night and found out that (person that I really did role check since I'm NKVD) is green. Tomorrow I'm gonna kill L.

*tomorrow comes and goes*

Ace: dude, you said you were gonna kill L.
Falcynn: fuck man, fucking medic blocked me. You know what, I think I'll role check this next turn blah blah blah.

while my life is considerably shorter, I can stall like this for at least a few days while I gather more information and pass it on to confirmed greens.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
July 29 2009 22:20 GMT
#303
Also if NKVD follows the advice here and does NOT contact anybody. They can assume that anyone who contacts them is a rebel.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 22:25 GMT
#304
TBH that seems like a BS excuse because even if for whatever reason we entertain the possibility that Ace is NKVD and I'm a rebel, why the hell would I blow my identity like that? As a rebel I'd want to stay hidden as long as possible and only attempt to come out when my cover is blown.


Because the converse is always true. What if I feel you'd go to the town if I'm not sure of your role and decide to come out first? :/



Ace: Hey, saw you're a rebel, just to make sure, who did you kill last night/who are you going to kill tomorrow?
Falcynn: I used a role check last night and found out that (person that I really did role check since I'm NKVD) is green. Tomorrow I'm gonna kill L.

*tomorrow comes and goes*

Ace: dude, you said you were gonna kill L.
Falcynn: fuck man, fucking medic blocked me. You know what, I think I'll role check this next turn blah blah blah.


Which at this point means I'd just ignore you or kill you. You said you RC'd someone the night before, and then picked someone who I think both of us would guess had protection. Why would I trust you and keep talking to you? :/ You won't be stalling for long as you'd probably be dead. Besides what confirmed greens would you be passing info on to - remember all you know is me and I could also claim to be an undercover Agent. Remember it's not always about what's true but what you can convince people to believe.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 29 2009 22:28 GMT
#305
On July 30 2009 07:20 Falcynn wrote:
Also if NKVD follows the advice here and does NOT contact anybody. They can assume that anyone who contacts them is a rebel.


But how can they prove it? That's the problem.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
July 29 2009 22:36 GMT
#306
On July 30 2009 07:28 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2009 07:20 Falcynn wrote:
Also if NKVD follows the advice here and does NOT contact anybody. They can assume that anyone who contacts them is a rebel.


But how can they prove it? That's the problem.

The prevailing argument on the other side is, you don't prove it. When an argument breaks out with two people claiming they're NKVD and the other guy is a rebel, you lynch 'em both (or if the first guy you lynch ends up being a rebel, you let the other live). You're trading an agent for a rebel, while if the rebel had RC'ed the agent and gotten anything other than a mafia, then the agent would get killed, no questions asked.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
July 29 2009 22:38 GMT
#307
Alright, the second part is understandable, but I'm still having trouble understanding why a rebel would ever come out to the town and claim that they're NKVD and the other person is a rebel.

Trying to think in the mindset of a rebel, to do that I would have to rolecheck someone, find out they're a rebel, and then immediately come out to the town with this without even knowing if my suspicions of them being NKVD are true. If someone comes out to the town claiming that they're NKVD and so-and-so is a rebel, then unless they're just trying to troll the game, they're probably telling the truth. Because what reason would a rebel have to expose themselves like that. If it's a rebel false-claiming then the only reasonable options are.

A) The rebel was wrong and the other blue really is a rebel, then he just outted a fellow rebel.
B) The rebel was right and the other blue is actually NKVD, then he just outted himself because after the town lynches the NKVD, they'll go straight for him.

Considering that I hope the NKVD aren't stupid enough to tell the rebels what their role is before they report it to the town, then I don't see any reason for the rebel to false-claim to the town, meaning that anyone claiming the NKVD role while condemning someone else is most likely telling the truth as long as all NKVD make sure NOT to contact anyone.

Again, I'm a bit wired so I'm having trouble trying to set my thoughts straight, but I hope I'm making sense.
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
July 29 2009 22:49 GMT
#308
On July 30 2009 06:59 Ace wrote:
My plan relies on people not being stupid as it always does. When you can point out in any game any time my plan has EVER been wrong and not been the right path to victory then you can question me. I dare any of you to find such a time. I'll wait.


Your plan assumes the mafia isn't stupid. Your plan also assumes the NKVD agents are stupid. There's no opinion in that post, one way or the other. I stated that merely because no one has explicitly pointed this out.


On July 30 2009 07:10 coltrane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2009 07:05 Ace wrote:
On July 30 2009 07:02 L wrote:
Basically, if NKVD do not contact their targets as a rule, rebels finding rebels cannot safely talk to each other upon fear of being confirmed blue, while our NKVD are free to check for town aligned players. This also prevents ukranians from mass pming people with "lol i checked you".


yes they can. Rebels will always talk to any blue they find. Hence, any NKVD dressed as blue will be contacted whether they want to or not. At this point if you assume everyone followed your rule SURE it confirms the Rebel as guilty BUT the Rebel always has the defense that he is also an undercover NKVD Agent and was contacted first.

How do you find out who is the liar?

Come on, THINK the entire scenario through and stop assuming everyone is dumb to the point they can't realize they have a simple alibi that fucks the town over.


easy, you ask for any information of both, then you lynch one and mafia kills the other, or you lynch both. is a 1:1 trade anyway, and it is good.



Coltrane, please put a little more time to express yourself clearly, etc. It's sometimes hard to get through the careless grammar/spelling mistakes, and I'm sure many players overlook your posts as a result. A simple spell-check will go a long way in making yourself more persuasive.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-29 23:40:50
July 29 2009 23:37 GMT
#309
I hope I'm covering all the theories that have been offered so far:

NKVD disguise themselves as rebels, and respond to PMs: Terrible idea, it's the same idea as below but even MORE convoluted.

NKVD disguise themselves as rebels, do NOT respond to PMs: BAD idea. NKVD RCs someone and it shows as rebel. He is killed. He flips as innocent. Now we have one important role down and no way to tell if he died due to being framed or by accident. This will cause an uproar which would be an ample opportunity for rebels to cause even more chaos. We will never learn who our NKVDs are using this method.

NKVD do not disguise themselves as rebels: Only good idea yet. Read Ace's posts, if you disagree, pay better attention to who's running against him for Field Marshall. The other candidates would naturally be out to get him because he has the most votes, which he does because his argument is the most logical.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-29 23:47:03
July 29 2009 23:44 GMT
#310
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
July 29 2009 23:44 GMT
#311
The thing about having NKVD's pose undercover is it creates doubt for the Ukranians who are rolechecking, if they happen to check someone who flips up as a rebel.

On the other hand, this creates the possible situation of an NKVD checking another NKVD who is undercover. So NKVD's going undercover create an element of doubt to rolechecking, for both sides. It also places the NKVD agents at greater risk of dying, because PM slip-ups happen every game and they will certainly happen in this one too.

NKVD can pose as any role, right?
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
July 29 2009 23:48 GMT
#312
Wut? Caller that was so UNCalled for.
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
July 29 2009 23:50 GMT
#313
Why are we talking about this for 8 pages? L/Ace, why are you guys bulldogging each other again? I will get down on my knees and pray to Zoroaster or whoever, just don't turn this into a repeat of Qatol's game -_-

Speaking of which, that mspaint is HILARIOUS.

DTs/NKVD should choose to show up as Veteran. It's as simple as that. Mafia will have to make tough choices when they RC a vet and will end up losing KP if they want to make that choice. Meanwhile there are no slipups or false accusations of 2 agents.

As for myself, I'm taking this a little less seriously. Read into it all you want but it won't tell you anything.

Anyway, nearly all the major posters should be innocent. Good for us. Keep sitting back mafia, it's your grave.
Liquipedia
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
July 29 2009 23:53 GMT
#314
HEY PUT THAT MSPAINT BACK

It's so fitting
Liquipedia
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
July 29 2009 23:53 GMT
#315
Well I guess Ver just answered my question.

Then yes, having the NKVDs pose as Ukranians is stupi because it places them at greater risk of dying than if they went undercover as a veteran (which is a pretty good idea), which still creates an element of doubt that is necessary to keep the rebels guessing. Good call.
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
person935
Profile Joined July 2009
United States13 Posts
July 29 2009 23:54 GMT
#316
I agree with Ver. People seem to be forgetting the other options NKVDs have.
rawr
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
July 30 2009 00:14 GMT
#317
omfg, all the names confuse me lol
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
July 30 2009 00:20 GMT
#318
26 Hours until Night
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
July 30 2009 00:27 GMT
#319
I did indeed forget that the NKVDs could pose as veterans. I think it's a good option too.

But I also think that having all of the NKVDs posing as veterans will make it that much easier for the Ukranians to organize.
Cheese is good for you!
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
July 30 2009 00:28 GMT
#320
NKVD posing as vet is pretty clever, I hadn't thought of that. I'd still like to hear Ace's take on the argument I outlined at the top of this page before I make up my mind, though.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 444
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1138
actioN 461
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 91
Zeus 65
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 25
Sexy 25
ToSsGirL 21
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
JYJ 19
Shine 18
NaDa 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7921
qojqva2095
Dendi733
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1200
Fnx 727
x6flipin456
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu743
Other Games
Beastyqt745
B2W.Neo592
ceh9495
byalli368
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0148
Khaldor128
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr56
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 40
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3921
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• WagamamaTV391
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 58m
Stellar Fest
18h 58m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.