OIL FUTURES CONTRACTS DIP BELOW ZERO - $USO ON THE VERGE OF SHUTDOWN
*My cohost is Hapahauli! please direct any and all questions, complaints, suggestions, or actual work to them.
There are no coaches for this game.
Please note that the setup and rules are subject to change prior to game start.
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.
This game will follow a 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is 19:00 GMT (+00:00), but that is subject to change. Actions/votes will be accepted up to and including the posted time, but not after.
The basic TL rules are below and any changes will be listed in the FAQ post
+ Show Spoiler [BASIC TL MAFIA RULES] +
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players unless cleared by the host in advance. Otherwise, only you may post on your account.
11. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
12. Posting a false role PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.
You must post in this thread once per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled.
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. Do not discuss Proleague here. Do not talk about Starcraft II here. Play Mafia here. This also means you should condense your posts when possible. 15 one-liners in 30 minutes is unacceptable.
(you can talk about proleague)
Don't do it.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. This is the one part of TL where it is okay to double post or even triple-post. While you should try to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM the host, a co-host, or GMarshal before involving the other TL staff. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can discuss the situation with other members of the TL staff.
The report button is a nice feature for regular TL, but not for this forum. We prefer to deal with things in house if possible to avoid confusion among the TL staff. If you have a problem with how someone is posting, talk to the host, co-host, or GMarshal before using your report button. Please do not use your report button for anything other than inappropriate posts which you feel are not being dealt with adequately.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without getting banned. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.
You have been warned.
Out of thread communication:
It is common for mafia (and town circles if PMs are allowed) to use a medium outside of TL such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Please be mindful that other players may be more tech savvy than you and they may attempt impersonate members of your team or attempt to infiltrate your chat. You use these media at your own risk.
If you would like to observe this game, please PM me for access to the observer QuickTopic. If you receive access to the observer QuickTopic, do not discuss this game with the players until this game is over.
1. Voting is done in a separate thread, located *here*. Please keep votes there, and only vote there. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote Qatol. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
6. This game uses a plurality lynch. You become the new lynch target when you have more votes than anyone else.) In the event of a tie, the player who first received enough votes will be lynched.
This game is open to anyone. Signups will remain open until all 13 spots have been filled.
Smurfs are allowed, you have to tell me who you are when you sign up though
Hydras are not allowed this game.
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until and during Day 2. If a player is modkilled during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.
PMs are not allowed in this game.
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer.
Thanks to everyone who helped balance this game.
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!