• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9134 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 04:10 GMT
#417
On March 07 2018 12:39 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 12:34 Tubesock wrote:
I don't understand why you towned Damdred for that "Good man, it won't be me (but it was)" comment. Can you expand that please?

Add this question too to the list of things Tube seems like he's just throwing out trying to make stick. I'm going to leave to finish my essay I actually have to do by tonight but I want feedback from other people on what they think. If anyone legitimately wants me to explain this read though also, just say so and I will when I get back.


What exactly am I trying to make stick? At that point I already townread Damdred, so now you think I'm trying to see if I can scum him by asking why you townread him for this comment?

I read it as either townDamdred excited for whatever HF has up his sleeve, and that confidence that HF won't "save" him. Could also be scumDamdred excited to know 1 medic and that it's HF so the night action might be a little easier. To me it's NAI. So, I'd like to hear why you think it's the one thing that makes Damdred town.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 05:12 GMT
#422
On March 07 2018 05:57 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Metagame. Damdred said this is what he'd expect from town rsoultin so she might be doing it as scum to make him she's town. I might be getting super tinfoily here which is why I'm asking for feedback.


On March 07 2018 05:48 MoosyDoosy wrote:
If anything, rsoultin changes her reads to conform to Damdred's over time. Considering how hard Damdred townread rsoultin I think she's metagaming him to seem townie and working around his reads because she knows he can read her.


I didn't see the FecalFeast response. But are these the quotes?

I don't see how the hardness of Damdred's read is relevant to Rsoultins alignment. Sure, it speaks to the success of the metagame sure but you are not answering why town Rsoultin wouldn't do the same thing? If Rsoultin as town acts X way, wouldn't it stand to reason she would do X regardless of Damdred's expectation?

I didn't have any problems with her changing of reads. I don't think it aligned with Damdred since he didn't exactly leave a bunch. Why wouldn't she try to align with you since you are making a big deal about soulreading? You also remarked how you thought exactly the same as her concerning me. So, doesn't seem you're entirely on different planets. Like you and I are on different planets for sure. AMG also. Doesn't really make for mafia though.

Which led me to asking you why you townread Damdred. The only thing I saw was the post I already pointed out and asked about. Cause it's a little weird that you are hard towning Damdred for very little. For your tinfoil to work, Damdred must be town...so you obviously are hard towning him. So, what did I miss about that "Good man, it won't be me (it was)" speak to you so deeply?
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 06:14 GMT
#428
On March 07 2018 14:58 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 10:18 Tubesock wrote:
On March 07 2018 05:50 AMG wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:47 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:45 AMG wrote:
Tubesock, I implied you were mafia by your reaction and said someone you thought was scummy was almost certainly town.. you dont think either of those warrants further investigation or a response?


Nope.

I think the idea that only scum get salty is hilarious. You also don't seem to understand why I was "pricky". Do you understand what I didn't like about n00bking?


I'm trying to wrap my head around what you took issue with with n00bking prior to this post.

He says talking strategy is fine early, and he does so, but discussing a d2 mass claim is a discussion better had on day 2, I assume, because there are still things to unfold before day 2, I.e the lynch and the night actions.

I don't see hypocracy or inconsistency in what n00bking is saying.

Since this happened and there's been a pretty big pushback on your attempt to cast shade on him, you're now townreading him because he's too nitpicky with finer details, so he's now town.

Is that an accurate summation of your read progression on n00bking?

And now if noobking is town, where to from here, who is your next prime suspect?


This is what I said:
On March 06 2018 09:15 Tubesock wrote:
Hola

I like the idea of the coordinating medic shot via vote. A lot more information.

I am not sure about the mass claiming bit D2 though. I think it would be better for town to have the medics be unknown for a couple cycles before they claim.


It was more a response to Fecalfeast's idea of mass claiming D2, but it also advises town what I think town should do concerning mass claiming. In fact I wasn't specific because I understand the reality that when things change town players will start thinking it's a good idea/time and then it will present itself. The sentence prior even shows uncertainty about D2 claiming which would indicate I'm open to it if the conditions are right.

So, he then zeros in on my D2 comment and is just "No discussion of D2" and then goes on about the setup and pregame conversation. Like he nitpicked 1 thing, and ignored the rest. I don't think he thought about my post. I thought that was scummy. Like I don't think wanting to just talk about D1 mass claiming is inconsistent. But my post answers that question also, so he wasn't really looking to talk about it. Like he wanted to PUSH the mass claim D1. He even later tries to throw shade on Holyflare for shutting down claim talk. Clearly people are not into claiming D1.

As far as the nitpicky bit goes. In my experience, I'll say something weird and then people jump on my ass for it. Then a mafia sees thread sentiment and nitpicks to "lead" the charge. In this case I think n00b did that first so wasn't following thread sentiment. So, he's acting more like a Rels used to, rather than an opportunistic mafiosa.

Yeah...I really "zeroed in" on your D2 comment....your post was 3 lines long, and one of the lines was "Hola."

Then one of the lines was what I considered to be simple common sense, and didn't really need stating. Sorry for not quoting the part I thought was common sense and saying "Look at this, this is common sense!" So yeah, I focused on 1 thing, and ignored the rest. I focused on the 1 thing I actually thought needed anything said about it. Think that's pretty normal. And I didn't "throw shade" at HF for trying to shut down the claim conversation. I only said that anyone who has something to say about it should still do so, and not let themselves be silenced by him.

How is it that you've come back and made more posts, without responding to the post where I went from just talking with you, to actually voting against you? I've already expressed that I didn't love the fact that the moment you switched from answering each post that came in, to disappearing for 16 hours or whatever it was, was also the moment I went from just having a conversation with you, to actually putting a vote on you. Could that have just been coincidence? Yeah, maybe. But it doesn't look like it, when upon your return to the thread, you STILL never acknowledge that post in any way, shape, or form. Did that part of Page 12 just magically escape your notice? "splain yourself."


Lol, I already said why I didn’t interact with AMG at first and even he later said I’m not coherent In any way so clearly it isn’t just me. Maybe at the time I didn’t have the energy because I was doing something else too?

As for 16 hours afk. Hahahaha think of two activities that generally use up 8 hours at a time. My sincere apologies that my gaming time doesn’t align with your desires your highness.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 06:16 GMT
#429
I Towned Prplhz for his comment “I’d like the push, but I’d be wrong”. Cause it’s factually true.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 06:19 GMT
#430
And yeah, I think mafia would be more substantive in their condemnation of my play. They’ll need to find a unique reason why they’re voting me to make it look like they’re investigating for themselves. Unless they can pull off a sheep some town person or something.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 06:44 GMT
#434
Uh it was pretty clear you were going to vote me so the timing wasn’t relevant at all. I’ll even go a step further, you’re not going to vote anyone else today.

And frankly, I’m not asking for permission to leave the thread. If you want to read into the timing that’s all you.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 07:13 GMT
#437
On March 07 2018 15:58 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 15:44 Tubesock wrote:
Uh it was pretty clear you were going to vote me so the timing wasn’t relevant at all.

It wasn't clear to ME that I was going to vote against you, until you made the post that I identified as being the one that actually caused me to place the vote.
Show nested quote +
Tubesock wrote:
I’ll even go a step further, you’re not going to vote anyone else today.

lol, guess we'll see, huh?

Meanwhile, you're still not answering the question. Third time: In addition to not wanting to talk to AMG about whether it's scum-indicative for players to be prickly, why did you also not want to talk to him about me, the thing you claimed to be "more interested in" at the time, and a topic where you knew he had a differing opinion? Why would you not want to bounce your thoughts about me off of other players, unless you already knew my allegiance?


I didn’t think it would be a beneficial conversation. While I will bounce off ideas with people I trust, I generally talk with people to get a read on them not the subject of the conversation. While even asking him to clarify things about you, they would not likely change or affect my read on you. Especially considering AMG’s and my differences. And I didn’t think what he said would offer me any insights on him.

Take FecalFeast as an example. I have no idea about his alignment and it’s obvious others are similiar. But trying to interact with him has a very low probability of gainful insight. On his alignment or whoever we talk about. So you should scum me for not interacting with FF also but it’s basically the same.

And Darthfolley probably. And HF to some extent also.

That’s going to have to be enough for you cause that’s all you’re trying.


Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 07:13 GMT
#438
*all you’re getting.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 07:16 GMT
#439
To answer your Vivax question. I wouldn’t say he’s a scum wrecking machine but can be pretty good for town. But he is known for not playing at all as scum.

HF has said in thread that that is bullshit however. So, maybe others will chime in on what they think.
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 15:56 GMT
#488
I'm never voting Vivax.

##Vote: MoosyDoosy

I didn't like our interaction, I felt like he was trying to keep me tilted and on the defensive. I completely disagree that I was reaching for straws and seeing what could stick and also disagree that that would even make someone mafia. Generally, it's someone who's on the chopping block.

There's around a 50% chance I won't be back before deadline, but if I am I will be "gone" till two hours prior. I'll be around for 30 more minutes or so then I will "leave".
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
March 07 2018 23:00 GMT
#610
gg
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM402
IndyStarCraft 49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 402
Lowko192
IndyStarCraft 49
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3652
Stork 2513
Horang2 412
Jaedong 385
Soulkey 380
Zeus 369
Larva 265
Mini 244
Soma 220
BeSt 155
[ Show more ]
sorry 81
Mind 72
ZerO 65
Hyun 57
Pusan 56
Sexy 53
Last 42
Shinee 32
soO 32
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Sacsri 10
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe311
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns37259
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy329
byalli232
Pyrionflax210
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV284
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3463
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 42m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.