The cohost(s) of this game are currently Lunaticman (pm). Night actions can be communicated in the respective OP but I recommend to PM them to me and my cohosts.
THIS IS MY VERY FIRST TIME AS A HOST AND I HOPE YOU GUYS DO HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE BUT I AM QUITE SURE THERE WILL BE FUCKUPS but I will try to not fuck up.
I already fucked up . However game is open!
23/08/16 - this game is [M][N], not [N][T]!
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread may grow large quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play.
This game will include flavor that is added for fun and effect, but has no impact on game mechanics. The standard rule set for newbie games will be used and follows below.
Please note that all voting will be done in a separate voting thread, located here: Star Wars: Rogue 1 Hype Mafia Voting Thread
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players. Only you may post on your account.
11. Posting the link to any QT's you have.
If you feel that any action you are considering may be against the spirit of the game, it is best to contact a host and ensure it is allowed before proceeding.
The color blue is reserved for the hosts of the game to make our posts easy to notice. Please do not use it.
The color green is reserved for questions by players for the hosts. Use it to ask the game hosts questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.
Smurfs must PM the host because TL doesn't allow multiple accounts otherwise. If the host is unaware of smurfs, you (and/or your smurf) can be banned for having multiple accounts
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. Do not discuss Proleague here. Do not talk about Starcraft II here. Play Mafia here.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. This is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting, even triple-posting. "Editing" includes indirect editing like linking an image, then editing the image. Editing your profile or signature are allowed, but if you edit them for any game-related reasons (ie, breadcrumbing, sending messages, etc) this will be considered out-of-thread posting and will be punished.
Inappropriate posts and use of the report post link:
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host, Flamewheel, or Mig before involving the TL moderation staff or using the report post link. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally.
Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without a ban. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game.
Out of thread communication:
It is common for mafia to use a medium outside of TL such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Players who have not explicitly been given permission to communicate outside the thread are not allowed to attempt to infiltrate such communication channels. Players who are not mafia are not allowed to communicate about this game outside of the thread.
1. Voting is done by posting in the voting thread.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##vote: beentheredonethat. Votes must be in bold, and votes not written in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will tolerate missspelled names but don't be lazy.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote only for other living players in the thread. You may not vote for yourself.
5. This game uses plurality voting, so whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. There is no minimum number of votes required to lynch someone.
6. The person who is up for the lynch is whoever has the most votes. If there is a tie for most votes, whoever most recently had more votes than the other is the person who is up for the lynch.
7. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
Everyone is eligible to play.
Signup for the game by posting /in in the thread. It may take several weeks for the game to fill up so you are responsible for being aware when the game begins. I will send PMs asking to confirm (/confirm) when the game is filled.
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment. You can use this game to /sitout a ban.
As this is my very first time being a host, I will try to be lenient with ban list actions. However don't try to abuse that.
This game uses replacements. I will try to find replacements until the end of day 2.
There are no clues. Not even if you use the Force.
PMs and out of thread communication are not allowed in this game, unless your role explicitly allows them.
You are expected to keep up with the thread and participate in discussion daily.
If for some reason you anticipate that you will not be available for a period longer than 24 hours, please notify a host ahead of time. If the host deems a player is inactive, they may be warned or removed from the game.
There is no mandatory number of posts to be seen as active. However as the game lives from activity (especially on the town side of things), please be as active as possible.
This game will follow a 48 hour day/24 hour night cycle. Any votes after the deadline will not count and the game will be put on hold until the night post is up. The deadline for each cycle will be 21:00 GMT (+00:00) . See setup post for more information on that.
Please make sure you have read the rules and understand them.