• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:38
CEST 14:38
KST 21:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War15.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10553 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia VI: Newbies and Vets - Page 93

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 Next
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 06 2016 12:51 GMT
#1841
On March 06 2016 20:15 Rels wrote:
Town played super badly and deserved to lose.
Scum played super badly and deserved to lose.
Host made a mistake that decided the game.
Overall a pretty bad game. But I liked the setup concept, it was super cool.


I have some mixed feelings tbh, but after thinking about it some I think this should be a more regular newbie setup.

Cons:
- Promotes laying back and being carried by an experienced player
- Is an unusual setup that might be extra confusing
- 18 player D1 can get crazy and might be imposing

Pros:
- A different and more involved approach to coaching
- less imposing to jump in knowing you have an experienced player on your team
- Time management offsets, RL issues, being unprepared for time commitment, are all mitigated by having a teammate
- Big game feel, with a small game timeframe (3-4 Phases max, with a nearly 20 player start)

I can actually kinda see this setup being a touch townfavored, due to multiple players representing a slot (more chances for town to look town, more chances for scum to slip up) especially when the setup calls for teams of newbie/veteren. Perhaps some weaker town roles or even an all vanilla setup would be more appropriate.
I can take that responsibility.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2016 12:57 GMT
#1842
On March 06 2016 20:17 marvellosity wrote:
Rels is right. Modkills should simply not care about gamestate.

Thirded.
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
March 06 2016 15:03 GMT
#1843
On March 06 2016 11:50 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
I can't believe I got myself modkilled and let you noobs fuck up my perfect record.

Most scummiest post of the game.
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 06 2016 15:28 GMT
#1844
I didn't realize it at the time but yeah skipping the lynch boned us.
I want an asterisk next to this game in the database!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 06 2016 15:36 GMT
#1845
Kush this game would have counted as a loss for you anyways. As far as I know modkilled people won't get wins.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-06 16:24:53
March 06 2016 16:12 GMT
#1846
Shape has offered to host the next newbie, so I'll have a chat with him about possibly getting the next game up.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 06 2016 19:04 GMT
#1847
I am not really sure if i should say what i want to here... But i'll say it anyways:
+ Show Spoiler +
TT (no offense) you could use a bit help with your blue play.

table for two on a tv tray
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 06 2016 20:05 GMT
#1848
On March 07 2016 04:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not really sure if i should say what i want to here... But i'll say it anyways:
+ Show Spoiler +
TT (no offense) you could use a bit help with your blue play.


I don't really blame him for not ccing. He got here at the end of the day and he didn't think there were enough people to change votes.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-06 20:26:05
March 06 2016 20:25 GMT
#1849
So protecting the dude who claimed his role instead of protecting the guy who is one of the best town players on TL and pushed the lynch of a dude who again claimed your role is good play.

Okay kush.
table for two on a tv tray
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 06 2016 22:21 GMT
#1850
I like how two people got modkilled for inappropriate actions, yet I'M the one who feels like I cheated to win even though I brought motherfucking sandroba with me to MYLO and won fair and square. The level of salt for this level of game is disproportionate.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
March 06 2016 22:32 GMT
#1851
On March 07 2016 07:21 VisceraEyes wrote:
I like how two people got modkilled for inappropriate actions, yet I'M the one who feels like I cheated to win even though I brought motherfucking sandroba with me to MYLO and won fair and square. The level of salt for this level of game is disproportionate.

You played well, you did enough so that you were a cut above other inactive people, but that mylo came in earlier than it should have under normal circumstances. If anyone should be proud of this victory is you I guess, the rest of the scum team and most of the town including myself played subpar.
I think it's fair to be a bit salty over this =P, I don't think the salt is as much as you imply.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 06 2016 22:41 GMT
#1852
On March 07 2016 05:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So protecting the dude who claimed his role instead of protecting the guy who is one of the best town players on TL and pushed the lynch of a dude who again claimed your role is good play.

Okay kush.


ok yeah but not ccing d1 in that circumstance i think was okay.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 06 2016 22:50 GMT
#1853
There was enough people to kill me d1 still around only needed 3 people probably which would of been marv, sand, Tt and ff.

've would of bussed me in that situation as well.

We had lots of ark on our team sadly, idk what happened to cow.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 07 2016 01:53 GMT
#1854
ok fine tt sucked ass
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 02:10 GMT
#1855
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?

+ Show Spoiler +
Yea I should have known that Damdred was mafia from his switch to Rels after he claimed. It's definitely possible that town fake-claims in a setup like this, but moving onto such a bad lynch for such bad reasons after that? I sorta knew, but I WIFOM myself out of it thinking about things from a pure numbers standpoint.

I stand by the rest of my play. It's easy to say it was the correct move to CC right at EoD in retrospect, but when you are in the moment, with time ticking away scrambling to catch-up and asses the situation it's not so simple.


I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2016 02:22 GMT
#1856
I don't think you made a mistake in not claiming at the EoD considering the timing you got back to the thread. The thing is, because people actually do those kinda shit fakeclaims as town some people actually think like this could even happen..

Always lynch them. Never think they are town. Never ever protect them even if they were, if they get shot it's probably better for the town than if you succesfully protected them and even then your odds in them being mafia / town are something like 99% / 1%...
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 07 2016 02:26 GMT
#1857
On March 07 2016 11:10 Tictock wrote:
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?

+ Show Spoiler +
Yea I should have known that Damdred was mafia from his switch to Rels after he claimed. It's definitely possible that town fake-claims in a setup like this, but moving onto such a bad lynch for such bad reasons after that? I sorta knew, but I WIFOM myself out of it thinking about things from a pure numbers standpoint.

I stand by the rest of my play. It's easy to say it was the correct move to CC right at EoD in retrospect, but when you are in the moment, with time ticking away scrambling to catch-up and asses the situation it's not so simple.



A VT does not fakeclaim a blue role to avoid a mislynch. If you say that is "definitely possible" you are assuming the player in question is utterly retarded.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 02:31:00
March 07 2016 02:27 GMT
#1858
That being said i think the town made a big mistake in not just auto-lynching Damdred on D2 without a counter-claim (i think that was good play from you TT tbh -- at least a good try).

If a claimed jailkeeper doesn't die on N1 that's it, they are mafia. No mafia team is gonna leave that alive. Especially when there is no roleblocker..
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 02:30:53
March 07 2016 02:30 GMT
#1859
edit double post
table for two on a tv tray
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 07 2016 03:08 GMT
#1860
Rayne he got modkilled or else we would have lynched him.
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 284
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31419
Calm 6720
Rain 1799
Bisu 1577
Jaedong 733
Horang2 620
FanTaSy 480
BeSt 355
Rush 328
Stork 259
[ Show more ]
Soma 244
Zeus 195
Larva 149
Light 127
Snow 121
Free 119
ZerO 107
Barracks 101
Mind 84
Pusan 83
910 81
Mong 78
Killer 54
Sea.KH 43
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 36
NaDa 29
Shinee 28
Sexy 22
Hm[arnc] 19
Noble 17
Aegong 16
sorry 14
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6410
Counter-Strike
fl0m2598
olofmeister1043
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns36133
singsing2057
B2W.Neo669
dupreeh416
crisheroes268
Lowko266
hiko221
RotterdaM50
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3334
• Jankos2734
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.