• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:27
CEST 00:27
KST 07:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7936 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia VI: Newbies and Vets - Page 94

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 Next
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 07 2016 03:20 GMT
#1861
It wouldn't of mattered I was dead that day anyway, also tt thought he could offensively jail me.... Turns out nobody read op because I didn't know ko was factional haha.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 03:31:32
March 07 2016 03:30 GMT
#1862
On March 07 2016 12:20 Damdred wrote:
It wouldn't of mattered I was dead that day anyway, also tt thought he could offensively jail me.... Turns out nobody read op because I didn't know ko was factional haha.

That's not what he said though...

And ofc it matters if you lynch 100% scum with or without outing a blue..
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:00 GMT
#1863
On March 07 2016 12:20 Damdred wrote:
It wouldn't of mattered I was dead that day anyway, also tt thought he could offensively jail me.... Turns out nobody read op because I didn't know ko was factional haha.


I thought this at first, but Kita did mention in my QT with Queen that KP was factional so our jail only really was effective as a medic save.

And yes JAT, I was factoring in the fact that damdred CC'd me as blue when he was town not that long ago.

I get where you guys are coming from, but IMO you are looking at worlds of "should be" (a fakeclaim should be mafia) whereas I tend to look at worlds of "what if" (what if town fakeclaimed...vs what if mafia fakeclaimed).

Sure I reached a fualty conclusion, but that does not mean my process is neccesarily bad. Just like you wouldn't stop assuming fakeclaim=Mafia just becuase occasionally fakeclaims do come from town.

Idk, maybe I'm just naive.
I can take that responsibility.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2016 10:19 GMT
#1864
In Oulaw, Damdred (1) didn't fakeclaim to save his life but to kill a guy he thought was scum without blue needing to CC and (2) was heavily criticized for it.
In the exact same situation, Damdred probaly wouldn't do it again 'cause he was heavily criticized for it 'cause it was kinda bad. But it's not even the same situation, 'cause Damdred only claimed to save his life here. 100% scum, there was 0 chance VT!Damdred claimed blue to save his life when he was not blue.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:27 GMT
#1865
It probably seems like I'm dismissing what you guys are telling me more than I actually am.

This is sorta what I'm getting at though...

The thing is, because people actually do those kinda shit fakeclaims as town some people actually think like this could even happen..


I see this as pushing reality to fit what you think it should be, rather than accepting the reality and playing around that.

On the one hand I totally get fighting for the world you want to see, but sometimes that just leads to you just fighting the world...

I'll stop kus I'm getting all philosophical at this point and have probably lost the plot.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:42 GMT
#1866

TT (no offense) you could use a bit help with your blue play.


Btw I would never take offense to criticism of my play. I might argue and defend what I did, but IMO there is always more to work on.

If I ever looked back on a game and thought "well I played perfectly, I wouldn't change a thing" I'd probably quit.
I can take that responsibility.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2016 10:44 GMT
#1867
Dunno, it's straightforward to me.
Town almost never fakeclaims to save their own life. They can do it for other reasons but not for survival. You're wrong thinking it's a likely reality that VT fakeclaims to save themselves.
I also believe that town should never fakeclaim period, but I can see the benefits of roleswapping or gauging reaction by fakeclaim a red check.
Scum will always fakeclaim to save their own life if they are the lynch, 'cause it gets them a benefit over simply being lynched.

Anyway TT I liked your mindset this game, you had good thoughts that happened to be wrong but whatever it was super cool to read how sandroba was scum for participating in a scum plan. It could have been true. But how you played your role was kinda bad.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 10:54 GMT
#1868
On March 07 2016 19:44 Rels wrote:
Town almost never fakeclaims to save their own life. They can do it for other reasons but not for survival. You're wrong thinking it's a likely reality that VT fakeclaims to save themselves.


No you are 100% correct.

I was misreading when Damdred claimed at first, but also failed to properly reorient my mindset when I finally corrected that.

I actually think my mistake was putting too much faith in a gut read on Damdred and not properly evaluating based on that.
I can take that responsibility.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2016 10:55 GMT
#1869
On March 07 2016 19:44 Rels wrote:
Anyway TT I liked your mindset this game, you had good thoughts that happened to be wrong but whatever it was super cool to read how sandroba was scum for participating in a scum plan. It could have been true. But how you played your role was kinda bad.

Here's the problem. A lot of things *can* be true. However, are they really likely to be true?

sand was as close to lock town for his day 1 play as it's possible to be. All the rest is conspiratorial fluff.

Sure 1 in 20 or 50 times you'll get the #bigplays and actually be right about it (if you're lucky) but most of the time you're trying to lynch a townie based on nothing.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 11:10 GMT
#1870
On March 07 2016 11:10 Tictock wrote:
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?


We should just roll with this.

You shouldn't put a lot of faith in my tinfoil if it's not adding up.

I'm also not keen to be NK'd early on. ^.^
I can take that responsibility.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 07 2016 11:15 GMT
#1871
On March 07 2016 20:10 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 11:10 Tictock wrote:
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?


We should just roll with this.

You shouldn't put a lot of faith in my tinfoil if it's not adding up.

I'm also not keen to be NK'd early on. ^.^


I'm not saying it to insult your play or anything. I like having you in games, you're enjoyable to play with. Just hopefully you can see what happened and maybe it'll help you improve next time?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
March 07 2016 11:22 GMT
#1872
On March 07 2016 20:15 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 20:10 Tictock wrote:
On March 07 2016 11:10 Tictock wrote:
Clearly Shit tier... have I ever claimed to be good?


We should just roll with this.

You shouldn't put a lot of faith in my tinfoil if it's not adding up.

I'm also not keen to be NK'd early on. ^.^


I'm not saying it to insult your play or anything. I like having you in games, you're enjoyable to play with.


Oh... I know.

Just hopefully you can see what happened and maybe it'll help you improve next time?


Always
I can take that responsibility.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
March 07 2016 11:29 GMT
#1873
On March 07 2016 19:00 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 12:20 Damdred wrote:
It wouldn't of mattered I was dead that day anyway, also tt thought he could offensively jail me.... Turns out nobody read op because I didn't know ko was factional haha.


I thought this at first, but Kita did mention in my QT with Queen that KP was factional so our jail only really was effective as a medic save.

And yes JAT, I was factoring in the fact that damdred CC'd me as blue when he was town not that long ago.

I get where you guys are coming from, but IMO you are looking at worlds of "should be" (a fakeclaim should be mafia) whereas I tend to look at worlds of "what if" (what if town fakeclaimed...vs what if mafia fakeclaimed).

Sure I reached a fualty conclusion, but that does not mean my process is neccesarily bad. Just like you wouldn't stop assuming fakeclaim=Mafia just becuase occasionally fakeclaims do come from town.

Idk, maybe I'm just naive.

I really don't think this is a bad thought in a vacuum. However with a claim as opportunistic and survival-oriented as Damdred did here, it makes it very likely that he's scum. When everyone is in agreement as well that a blue should CC, you should probably go for it.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 07 2016 13:21 GMT
#1874
I was perfectly fine with you not counterclaiming Ticktock don't listen to these guys they're haters.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 07 2016 13:23 GMT
#1875
On March 07 2016 22:21 VisceraEyes wrote:
I was perfectly fine with you not counterclaiming Ticktock don't listen to these guys they're haters.

Meanest comment yet :p
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 14:57:49
March 07 2016 14:55 GMT
#1876
edit nvm
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 14:59:05
March 07 2016 14:57 GMT
#1877
Edit: Nothing to see here...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 07 2016 14:58 GMT
#1878
Edit: Nothing to see here...
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2016 15:14 GMT
#1879
On March 07 2016 19:27 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +

The thing is, because people actually do those kinda shit fakeclaims as town some people actually think like this could even happen..


I see this as pushing reality to fit what you think it should be, rather than accepting the reality and playing around that.

yes because the reality should always fit what it is here. That is the point. There should never ever be a situation where a vanilla town claims blue to save themselves being lynched. It is just terrible play and if people want to play better whenever someone claims blue when they are not just to save them from being lynched you just lynch them. If they are in town then it's on them, but it raises the overall quality of the play, if not there in further games. It is still not the wrong decision to lynch them, never.

It's actually very important to discuss this kinda stuff here because there are (were) new players in this game and i wouldn't really want to them to think claiming blue as town if you are being lynched is an acceptable move, because it is not, it is just retarded.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 07 2016 15:39 GMT
#1880
On March 07 2016 19:44 Rels wrote:
Dunno, it's straightforward to me.
Town almost never fakeclaims to save their own life. They can do it for other reasons but not for survival. You're wrong thinking it's a likely reality that VT fakeclaims to save themselves.

Vivax also did this in Outlaw and should have 100% be the D1 lynch.
I also believe that town should never fakeclaim period, but I can see the benefits of roleswapping or gauging reaction by fakeclaim a red check.

Claiming a red check is also terrible unless you somehow know the other person is mafia (well... like here Damdred on D2 start for example when he doesn't die as a jailkeeper in game with no roleblocker).
Scum will always fakeclaim to save their own life if they are the lynch, 'cause it gets them a benefit over simply being lynched.

Yes, which this situation is educational in comparison to what actually happened and how N1 and D2 went down for town. In a "perfect" world (which is not even that hard to figure out) if Damdred lives he is scum and auto-lynched on D2, if he dies and flips vanilla then good. You don't actually need a counter-claim but if the town doesn't realize that (like it happened) then you have to counter-claim Damdred. You protect either marvellosity or sandroba because they are the most likely people to solve the game, VE wasn't really doing much from what i gathered. If i was JK i would always protect marv because marv tried to lynch the dude who is always scum because he claimed my role, it's not really much harder than that.

Basically as JK/doctor, especially on N1, always protect the (a) player that is the most capable of solving the game. Always, it doesn't even matter what you think their alignment is unless you somehow KNOW they are scum. It's always the best play. A L W A Y S !
[/QUOTE]
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta15
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
Nina 138
ViBE88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15369
Artosis 428
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever399
canceldota92
NeuroSwarm69
League of Legends
Doublelift3825
Counter-Strike
Fnx 74
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
PPMD36
Other Games
summit1g6248
FrodaN971
shahzam543
C9.Mang0348
RotterdaM96
Mew2King39
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile138
• StrangeGG 25
• RyuSc2 18
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1119
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
33m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.