• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:50
CEST 16:50
KST 23:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7849 users

Normal Mini Mafia: Episode I - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 20 2014 20:08 GMT
#411
On January 21 2014 05:05 VisceraEyes wrote:
Dude bum's case on me was trash - he pointed at two things and drew THREE null conclusions and voted for me. Tell me what's townie about that right this instant Artanis or YOU get my vote.

A trash case doesn't make someone scum VE. You should know that very well. His reads align with mine even if his reasoning isn't the same, his frustration felt genuine, he's boldly attacked two vets and seems to actually be trying to figure the game out.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 20 2014 20:12 GMT
#416
On January 21 2014 05:09 VisceraEyes wrote:
Where is he trying to figure the game out?! HOW are you coming to that conclusion? He makes a terribad case on me, and that means he's trying to figure the game out? What game are you fucking reading Artanis?

He's making cases and backing them up, then replying to people that comment on it. I think that's a pretty good way of trying to figure the game out.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 20 2014 20:15 GMT
#419
On January 21 2014 05:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yeah but your reads are trash or you're scum Artanis.

Making bad cases is indicative of scum, not town. If you had made the case bum did i would vote for you and never ever switch my vote, it was that bad.

Do you remember Spaghetti's case on VE in LXIII? It was terrible, but it made him so town. Bad cases aren't indicative of scum per definition.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 20 2014 20:23 GMT
#423
On January 21 2014 05:17 VisceraEyes wrote:
Artanis look at it this way: bumatlarge should know better. I'm getting a lot of flak because of others' expectations of me, and that's fine I guess, but why are people not holding bumatlarge up to the same standard of play? Or higher? Bumatlarge is one of seven(?) players to have played a game on this site for the last SEVEN YEARS.

And the cases on me and rayn are what all this experience has yielded? I know that he's completely wrong about at least half of his reads, and the reasoning he gave for having that particular read is fucking TERRIBLE.

Do the math guys.

A BAD CASE DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE SCUM.
Also, the time in which someone has played the game is not necessarily unrelated to their skill level.
On January 21 2014 05:07 raynpelikoneet wrote:
lol VE is town

Explain how this couldn't have possibly come from a scum VE.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 19:26 GMT
#779
##Unvote
Time to 180 on my read on Rayn.
On January 22 2014 02:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 02:29 suki wrote:
This game is stupid because there's been so much tunneling, despite there being so much activity. It's like everyone decided 'hey lets just be anti-town and focus on one person and not comment on anything else'. Zarepath (on VE), Balla (on Crossfire), Bumatlarge (VE and maybe rayn), Artanis (rayn), Barristan (Zarepath), Thrawn (kush). Crossfire and WileE are ridiculously quiet as well. That's over half the players in the game.

Yes, exactly this. Me, you and maybe VE are the only one's who actually comment on more than just one or two things (i don't countt kush bvecause he doesn't really explain anything - but he is still probably town - LOOK THRAWN, I HAVE A CONCLUSION!).

Artanis - Balla both weird. Another interesting thing, Balla calls out Crossfire for making a case on me,why not call out Artanis out for voting for me with basically no reasoning?

As i said i see Artanis' posts as townie, i can get the logic. I don't like how he has done pretty much nothing at all.

I still want to lynch zarepath. seriously everything he says contradicts what he did a post before.

When I first pointed out the reason for my suspicion he considered it completely idiotic. The way I've posted about him, no one would blame him for being suspicious of me or even calling for my head. Town sentiment has been against me as well, yet he gets where I'm coming from.

Zare looks scummy as shit. Rayn's already said it all but calling VE town then calling him scum for it later is an obvious tell.
##vote Zarepath
I'm also still interested in Kush. VE's looking better. The way he articulates his thoughts on Bum makes me feel better on him. Rather than mercilessly ragging on him it feels like he's trying to convey his thought process as clearly as possible.

Kush, especially if Zare flips scum is of interest to me. He's never really given much explanation to his votes. Even though that's not customary of Kush in general, he's shown resistance to explaining even when pressed which I don't feel is his townie persona. His suspicions just follow general thread sentiment other than Zarepath, in which he's contrarian without explaining much about it at all. Could lynch.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 19:36 GMT
#786
Balla, can you explain your scumread on me?
Also, how strong is your Crossfire read?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 19:51 GMT
#793
On January 22 2014 04:44 Balla24 wrote:
Also I'm still having trouble understanding why you chose to try to get rayn to counterclaim your scum claim. What happens if he plays along?

Rayn told me it was a joke and wrote it off so I didn't pay it any mind but it turns out you had some real motivation for it so I do want an explanation afterall.

It's not about if he plays along. I was near certain he would. It's about how he would approach it that would allow me insight into the mindset with which he starts the game. It was also meant as kickstart for the game so we could go straight into scumhunting rather than talk about setup and policy and all that jazz.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 19:52 GMT
#794
On January 22 2014 04:41 JonnyLaw wrote:
Crossfire has 3 posts of substance.

One is policy talk. Easy scum starter.

One he dives kush which does nothing. Kush plays however the fuck he wants and he comes back with a null read. That's odd in itself after all the work he claims to have done.

His third is a case on rayn which isnt even much of a case in my opinion.

He's not helping the town at all and not really playing the game.

Is there anything you find scummy about Crossfire that you find difficult to imagine from a town point of view?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 20:01 GMT
#798
On January 22 2014 04:53 suki wrote:
<snip>
Show nested quote +

Bum's right, if your case isn't getting traction why waste people's time. If bum really think's VE's scum he can always wait and try to get him lynched later.

I hate this logic. Also if town Bum really thought that VE wasn't worth pursuing he should have a better target no? Rather than just saying 'welp no ones listening to me I guess I'll just withdraw from the game'

Do you think this makes Bum more likely to be scum though? If you're a townie and you're certain of one player being scum it can be very demotivating when no one refuses to listen. In light of Bum's general attitude it feels more like he's genuinely frustrated to me.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 20:09 GMT
#802
Thrawn, your case is partially built on Kush not being scum. Has your read on him changed?
On January 22 2014 05:03 suki wrote:
Right now bum looks really bad for pushing such a shitty case on VE, then asking VE questions and when those questions are not answered satisfyingly.... drops the case because nobody's listening to him. The town explanation is he's just frustrated townie not willing to waste any more time.. but if he is, who is more suspicious to him? Why drop your case on your top scum read who hasn't answered any of your questions, when you don't have anyone else who reads scummy to you?

Hmm. I'm going to have to reread Bum's filter with this in mind. The story of frustrated town might make too much sense to me because it's happened to me before. Perhaps I'll see what you see. Will be back in an hour to do so.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 20:10 GMT
#803
On January 22 2014 05:03 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 04:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 22 2014 04:44 Balla24 wrote:
Also I'm still having trouble understanding why you chose to try to get rayn to counterclaim your scum claim. What happens if he plays along?

Rayn told me it was a joke and wrote it off so I didn't pay it any mind but it turns out you had some real motivation for it so I do want an explanation afterall.

It's not about if he plays along. I was near certain he would. It's about how he would approach it that would allow me insight into the mindset with which he starts the game. It was also meant as kickstart for the game so we could go straight into scumhunting rather than talk about setup and policy and all that jazz.


Sure that's reasonable.

But why did you chose to call rayn scum based off of only that and barely mention other things that make him scum. Like you said:

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 04:04 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
No I'm not happy, because other than refusing to engage me in conversation you're now also attempting to destroy town atmosphere. I have found scum in you, and you are who I want to lynch.


But you didn't say how he was destroying the town atmosphere...

Because I build cases based on what I find scummy without adding fluff. Check LXIII to see how I pointed that out with Mocsta.
He was destroying town atmosphere because he was being unnecessarily abrasive.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 21:48 GMT
#886
On January 22 2014 06:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
A asked DarthPunk if mafia has fakeclaims before the game started. You can do it aswell if you don't believe in fakeclaims and not just fucking sit on your asses discussing it here.

Now, who is mafia? Who do we lynch?

thrwan, VE, Artanis, are you here?

I am. I agree that Zare is probably not scum with all what happened. I want to lynch Kush. He's saying a lot of things without explaining anything. Follows thread sentiment except oddly on Zarepath, as if he knew he was town.
##unvote
##vote Kushm4sta
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 21:52 GMT
#893
On January 22 2014 06:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Artanis what do you think Crossfire is doing?

I don't have a strong read on Crossfire. Going in against you seems unlikely for a scum Crossfire to do unless you were both scum and I currently don't believe you to be. His backing off on you without mentioning it again is weird though. I find it hard to get a good read on him because he doesn't really explain how his reads evolve.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 21:52 GMT
#897
Rayn, what do you think of Kush?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 21:53 GMT
#898
Well I guess that answers that question
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 21:58 GMT
#913
On January 22 2014 06:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny if all the people who wanted to see a bluepost are scum.

Seems like a bad heuristic to go by.
Suki, what do you think of Kush?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 22:06 GMT
#927
On January 22 2014 07:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 06:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:58 Crossfire99 wrote:
So interesting thought. If we believe all the named vt claims, we lynch kush. If not we lynch one of them because kush soft claimed a powerrole (or not a vt)

Where did he do that?

I read this quote as him doing this. I assumed scum got fake claims and therefore know the structure of at least named vts and regular vts, so this made him town in my eyes, but then he didn't act like I expected him too so I got confused.
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 09:19 kushm4sta wrote:
On January 20 2014 09:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I found it ironic that my "name" is Z-Boson, the dude who outed my scumteam by posting our scum QT in thread in one game.

\so you are claiming named vt lol


So what is your current read on Kush?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 22:18 GMT
#951
On January 22 2014 07:07 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 07:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 22 2014 07:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:58 Crossfire99 wrote:
So interesting thought. If we believe all the named vt claims, we lynch kush. If not we lynch one of them because kush soft claimed a powerrole (or not a vt)

Where did he do that?

I read this quote as him doing this. I assumed scum got fake claims and therefore know the structure of at least named vts and regular vts, so this made him town in my eyes, but then he didn't act like I expected him too so I got confused.
On January 20 2014 09:19 kushm4sta wrote:
On January 20 2014 09:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I found it ironic that my "name" is Z-Boson, the dude who outed my scumteam by posting our scum QT in thread in one game.

\so you are claiming named vt lol


So what is your current read on Kush?

Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 07:00 Crossfire99 wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:56 Crossfire99 wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:49 Crossfire99 wrote:
On January 22 2014 06:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Crossfire99 you're wrong. You never explained how you draw the "mafia already knows information about the setup" conclusion because it's incorrect.

Because they either have 2 goons or not. I figured it was obvious. They then can narrow things down based on that. 2 goons means 1 powerrole and 1-2 named VTs. If not, there's more spread for the options, but they still know things.

Yes that's true and i missed it in the first place. Why did you not just say that in the first place?

cause I thought is was obvious T_T and didn't realize it was an issue

No i really looked it only from town role perspective, not from scum at all.

What do you think about kush?

gut feeling now is town, because of the accidental non vt claim and now I'm seeing the "wildness" and big swings in opinions on players I was seeing when he smurfed and was town in ## (which I though was really weird because i never played with him or observed a game with him in it).


But I thought your read changed because of
I read this quote as him doing this. I assumed scum got fake claims and therefore know the structure of at least named vts and regular vts, so this made him town in my eyes, but then he didn't act like I expected him too so I got confused.

Presuming the he in this quote is Kush. Did I read your post wrong or why did you make that post if your read hasn't changed?
On January 22 2014 07:09 BarristanTheBold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 02:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
It's fairly simple: I get reads through conversation more so than anything else.

So why haven't you been here making conversation to build your reads from?

But that's what I've been doing the last few pages or so.
On January 22 2014 07:13 kushm4sta wrote:
want me to say anything?

Why shouldn't we lynch you?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 22:20 GMT
#955
The idea is that you prove why you're town. Your antagonistic tone implies you're not.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 21 2014 22:25 GMT
#963
On January 22 2014 07:22 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 07:20 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
The idea is that you prove why you're town. Your antagonistic tone implies you're not.

it usually doesn't.

and yeah i went to sleep before i got a chance to do anything.
hoenstly i ptretty much just saw that scumslip then i was liek ok found the lynch gg no more trying,
kind of like how alaka stopped trying just because he is confirmed town, which you yourself pointed out i think.

actually i have been doing a lot. im been going through filters and making reads. my filter is uqite long. how about you read it.?

I have gone through it. Though it's quite long it doesn't really say much. You rarely explain your reads and they usually match the town sentiment with the exception of Zarepath whom is probably town, suggesting you have more information than the rest of us which made you feel comfortable going in against him as it'd make you look good after a flip.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 432
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32484
Bisu 3049
Shuttle 1749
Hyuk 1358
EffOrt 753
Mini 672
Larva 347
Soma 284
firebathero 246
ZerO 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 110
hero 95
Last 81
Sexy 78
Mong 45
Hyun 44
Killer 42
Pusan 36
ToSsGirL 36
PianO 32
Bale 31
Trap 29
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 20
zelot 16
Rock 11
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
Terrorterran 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7894
qojqva1566
Dendi799
Counter-Strike
fl0m2494
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1458
crisheroes971
Liquid`Hasu566
Lowko435
Other Games
singsing2231
B2W.Neo1343
Beastyqt463
Livibee218
Hui .205
Liquid`VortiX145
KnowMe105
ArmadaUGS103
Mew2King94
elazer70
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 5
• poizon28 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV193
League of Legends
• Jankos1981
Other Games
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 10m
INu's Battles
21h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.