• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:08
CEST 14:08
KST 21:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7541 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:00 GMT
#449
On January 11 2014 17:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
VE can you be more specific, what posts are those. Because to me this:
Show nested quote +
I think a mafia mayor will go with some sort of platform that seems safe, bank on their veteran status if they have it, promise good scumhunting and then not follow through. Waste the actual benefits of the position itself.

is the closest thing to characterize DrH's play atm. Talk about general stuff, setup, mayor powers and "how to use them". Not scumhunting.

I'm talking about aggressively threatening and utilizing the hammer power to pressure people who try to behave passively in this game, and force accused scum to respond to cases made by me and other players. That's not really what I would call safe or passive play. I've also admitted that I would be very inactive tonight. When I made those posts the only previous discussion was BH's stupid plan to kill kush because he personally doesn't like the guy so I don't know where I was supposed to pull a scum case out of my ass at that point but maybe you'll be satisfied by my previous post, or maybe someone told you to attack me to "throw me off" since that usually works
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:03 GMT
#450
Mocsta is trolling and I think a vig should shoot him, deciding the lynch this early set in stone might not be a good idea. I would encourage all vig bullets to go toward mocsta if he doesn't adequately explain why he is trolling and purposely being unhelpful immediately and stop playing this way. If I'm mayor I won't tolerate intentionally anti-town behavior and I encourage everyone to get those players my vote away from hammer so they can be dealt with quickly, they either explain (to satisfaction) and stop or they die.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:09 GMT
#455
what do you consider scumhunting. would you like me to say i am 100% sure someone is mafia right now and i'm ready to go all in? did you ignore the rest of my post completely.....

what is the point of going on and on about how I dared to mention policy? the contribution it's made is that everyone is talking and taking sides now, it got the day 1 ball rolling. people are starting to form opinions. suspicions. but you don't seem to really be forming any suspicions or scumhunting yourself. your style of play is 100% reactive and negative. you're not helping. you don't even have an opinion about my own alignment, even though you're almost only talking about me and the day isn't even half over yet.

Demanding BH explain his strange behavior, calling out mocsta, mentioning marv's strange behavior in PMs and asking him to explain and be less passive as well as BC. What else would you like me to do like 1/3rd of the way into the first day? Considering I've been busy for the last 7 hours as well.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:11 GMT
#459
On January 11 2014 18:07 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not blaming you for not doing scumhunting. I want you to start. Being busy does not make you mafia.
I am more interested in people who are backing you up in your campaign because you have "so really good contributions" when i feel like they are not good. Everything that is not finding mafia is not good.

There is no need for campaigns and shit, lynching mafia is the only thing mayor should do, every day. Like other townies.

that's really misrepresenting my style of play it sounds to me like instead of reading and thinking about my posts you're trying to force an idea : / or maybe too focused by the idea of talking about policy. Don't blame me for other people reacting to my play a certain way, you're backing down when you're talking to me directly but refuse to acknowledge anything else I've done or said in the thread and also assuming I'm being inactive in PMs as well which is interesting
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:13 GMT
#461
On January 11 2014 18:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So does BH wanting to policy lynch kush make him mafia? How so?
In the last game BH wanted to policy lynch someone who would not contribute. He was confirmed town in that game and did nothing but wanted to policy lynch a lurker, all game.

I didn't say or even imply that, it's clear you're not reading. I'd like him to explain the mass PM and why he sent it to me first then didn't respond to my reply, I want to know his intentions there. Just like I wanted to know his intentions for the Kush lynch, which he admitted were sincere, but then is going to push me as mayor even though I most definitely won't lynch the person he wants lynched which means he must not have cared much about it in the first place. That's not really what I'd call tunneling and it doesn't seem like he's taking his policy lynch seriously so it's curious he hasn't abandoned the idea already. It's even more curious that anyone else would think it's a good idea. It's curious. I want him to respond. I want answers from him. I demand them. This is part of the process of scumhunting. Not pulling hyperbolic accusations out of your ass prematurely, it's a process.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:18 GMT
#466
damn, chill out
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:24 GMT
#474
On January 11 2014 18:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If you are discussing your reads in PM's that's anti-town. There is no reason to do that if you are town. So i assume you are not doing anything useful in PM-land.

I want you to explain why:
1) BH's policy makes him suspicious
2) Why Mocsta trolling makes him scum
3) Why marv's "non-caringness" makes him scum

i don't agree but i refuse to argue about it because neither of us will change our minds

1. why would you as town:
a. run for mayor and expect people to get behind a policy lynch of kush, a player who you want to kill because you and you alone have difficulty reading him. HEY give me the big role of the game so that I can use the power to get rid of someone that is hard for me personally to deal with but probably not for others. Then, drop your campaign to support a player who won't lynch that person, yet still state you want that person to be lynched, that is about the most useless and anti-town play I can think of on Day 1. It includes such scumtells as revealing convictions that you don't follow through on, budding up to players who are loud voices in the town, as soon as I said I'd like him lynched for that he dropped his campaign and started supporting me. Why would you vote, as town, for someone who said they'd kill you that early in the game?
2. I didn't say he was scum I said he needs to stop and if a player absolutely refuses to stop trolling and playing an intentionally obstructive and anti-town game, you would assume they are town instead?
3. Marvellosity is not a player who I expect would play passively and pass the game casting doubt on people and not contributing anything, he's an incredibly good player when he's attentive and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he told me in a PM that he was really high tonight.

I feel like this could become a youngminii/VE type situation where you hate the way I play and I hate the way you play and we're both unfamiliar with each other. I typically go many hours without reading the thread and completely forget what I said. I forgot I was even that aggressive with BH in the first place. Probably due to being out of the house for the last seven or eight hours and drinking and only periodically checking this thread on my phone until now. I don't think something as simple as that stands out as being completely dishonest. Do you think I'm scum?
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:25 GMT
#476
On January 11 2014 18:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 18:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
On January 11 2014 18:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If you are discussing your reads in PM's that's anti-town. There is no reason to do that if you are town. So i assume you are not doing anything useful in PM-land.

I want you to explain why:
1) BH's policy makes him suspicious
2) Why Mocsta trolling makes him scum
3) Why marv's "non-caringness" makes him scum

The bolded is patently false. There's nothing wrong with discussing reads in PMs with others. It becomes a problem if the conclusions you draw never see the thread and you act on them, but the act itself isn't anti-town in the slightest.

Rayn I really hope you're just like drunk or something. What do you expect people to do in PMs if not discuss reads?

No, there is no reason to discuss reads - especially scumreads - in PM's when you can do that in thread and make everyone see your thought process. It's anti-town, on D1. Period.

I think making lists of barely formed scumreads is the stupidest and least pro-town thing you can ever do and I've almost gotten into some over the line nasty fights with VE in particular about this.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:26 GMT
#479
This is an anti-town attitude, it's well known that PMs are bad for mafia. They want to avoid talking in PMs to people, they want to avoid situations where they can not avoid responding to questions where they must force to give town players their opinions and demonstrate their logic. It's another microscope. Discussing reads via PM is a vital part of scumhunting in a PM game.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:27 GMT
#481
On January 11 2014 18:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't hate the way you play. I think you are just using many words to say very little.

all you've done is ask me questions and tell people not to vote for me, you're worthless basically
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:28 GMT
#485
On January 11 2014 18:24 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 18:03 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Mocsta is trolling and I think a vig should shoot him, deciding the lynch this early set in stone might not be a good idea. I would encourage all vig bullets to go toward mocsta if he doesn't adequately explain why he is trolling and purposely being unhelpful immediately and stop playing this way. If I'm mayor I won't tolerate intentionally anti-town behavior and I encourage everyone to get those players my vote away from hammer so they can be dealt with quickly, they either explain (to satisfaction) and stop or they die.

Trol0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0

Dr.H demands I explain my trolling.

Question Dr.H:
How am I going to vig myself?

muahahahahaha

idk vig rayn or bh then we're squared away
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:33 GMT
#494
im not gonna answer any more of your questions tonight or engage with you at all, im going to bed very soon and i have been busy all night i dont even know who xatalos is lol
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:34 GMT
#496
On January 11 2014 18:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yeah you have no idea how to play in PM games. So i'll just stop.
Whatever.

##Vote: yamato77
Obviously town and will most likely listen to me and lynch mafia. DrH will fail.

do you really think PM games are a pro mafia atmosphere? man it's really sad if anyone thinks they should listen to you
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:39 GMT
#500
There's a certain type of alignment that prefers to ask other people to scumhunt, criticize them for not doing it, judge their opinions when asked for them, and then pass that off as contributing a lot. I'll let you figure out what that is.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:43 GMT
#503
it doesn't matter this thread will day when i go on a hate fueled rant against VE on day 2
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:43 GMT
#504
will die*
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:50 GMT
#516
On January 11 2014 18:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 18:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
But yeah, feel free to take the scummy, lazy route. That's what I'm doing. *shrug*

Don't worry. I'll tell who is scum when i find one.

Man, I know you don't know my game but if you think I'm the type of player who doesn't go hard on cases then ya'll don't know me
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 09:52 GMT
#522
On January 11 2014 18:51 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 18:50 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 11 2014 18:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 11 2014 18:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
But yeah, feel free to take the scummy, lazy route. That's what I'm doing. *shrug*

Don't worry. I'll tell who is scum when i find one.

Man, I know you don't know my game but if you think I'm the type of player who doesn't go hard on cases then ya'll don't know me

Nah, you're the type of player that starts hard and then gets so bored with the game you stop playing

Eventually you get lynched.

I'm a changed man and I've only been lynched I think like twice or something
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 10:18 GMT
#534
im going to bed
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 18:18 GMT
#689
On January 12 2014 01:35 Xatalos wrote:
rayn: you never answered about why you would have blues claim to an unconfirmed Mayor. Why?

I really dislike BH's sudden switch from all-in on kush to supporting DrH. He claims to still lobby for lynching kush, but his attitude is different from Titanic II, where he went all-in on xigxag (a lurker). He's much less vocal about his preferred tunnel and partly drops it very suddenly. I disagree with his tunneling attitude in general, but more strongly I dislike his quick attitude switch and the weak conviction behind the original tunnel.

Aquanim looks shady from what little there is in his filter. He claims disinterest in becoming a Mayor, makes some general one-liner questions and then these:

Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 22:09 Aquanim wrote:
On January 11 2014 22:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Agreed with Mocsta, suchdoge is the scummiest person in the thread.

D'you reckon you can explain this to me? That long post of his looks like it was written pregame, and therefore doesn't tell me much regarding his alignment. He's also expressed a desire to talk with people (specifically VE) which isn't the most intuitive thing I'd expect a scum smurf to do.

If he thinks that long post is sufficient contribution for the day I'll agree with you that he's likely scum - but I don't see any reason to believe yet that there won't be more material forthcoming from him.

Is there anything else making you lean scum on him? Convince me.


Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 22:22 Aquanim wrote:
Yeah OK lemme rephrase that. I don't think you wrote the post pregame, but it contains next to no commitments to what you think anybody's alignments are, which would make my read on you much more solid. Now if you're still playing games in PMs and trying to work out people's alingments, and you don't want to reveal your work yet, that's fine - but I'm hoping that sooner or later you will show your working, so to speak.


A really lackluster and factually false first argument, then a barely better follow-up. This is as non-committal as can be. I see this much more likely coming from scum than town. I had the impression that Aquanim was supposed to be good as town?

I also really dislike mkfuba07's entrance into the thread:

Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 12:32 mkfuba07 wrote:
Hiya :D

I, as well, am not running for mayor.

If I had to vote now, it would likely be for DrH. At the moment it's much a gut feeling, but it was my thought before reading BH's PM. I like his promises if he is going to keep them, even though I'm sure they would be directed at me at some point because of the way I play. Now I just need to make sure I feel he's going to keep them.

BH, is there a reason you cut off a bit of your PM when you copied it?


This is an extremely safe opening post that doesn't really say anything. It looks constructed with a greeting, a short show of support for the most reasonable Mayor campaigner at the time, and a trivial question at the end. Then complete silence.

suchdoge had a big opening post that said a lot of nothing. Then he proceeded to disappear into TeamSpeak or something. suchdoge, you can't use PM's anymore? If so, I really want you to post in the thread. You're impossible to read as of now. With that said, I doubt scum would just completely disappear from the thread like that.


does any of this post matter at all?
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings134
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko360
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4225
Jaedong 2226
actioN 1044
EffOrt 721
Soma 603
Horang2 554
Killer 453
BeSt 417
Stork 226
Mini 207
[ Show more ]
Pusan 169
Zeus 143
Rush 135
Light 101
Barracks 91
Snow 83
JYJ 82
Larva 72
ggaemo 66
HiyA 46
Mong 42
Sea.KH 41
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 34
hero 28
Shinee 26
sorry 22
Sharp 22
zelot 17
Sexy 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5820
Dendi683
XaKoH 397
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_45
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3110
Other Games
gofns71469
singsing1526
olofmeister1361
byalli534
B2W.Neo266
Livibee219
OGKoka 100
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV297
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
Other Games
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV202
League of Legends
• Jankos1646
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 52m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.