• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:55
CEST 01:55
KST 08:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9069 users

PYP: League of Legends Mafia - Page 419

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 417 418 419 420 421 423 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 23 2013 19:52 GMT
#8361
Great game setup, and well played town.

This is what happens when strong roles are left alive (Koshi) and strong players are left alive (sandroba). After enough time, sandroba simply got everything correct.

Wp Prome for essentially all his reads being correct when he replaced in.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
December 23 2013 19:54 GMT
#8362
On December 24 2013 04:31 sandroba wrote:
Preety sweet setup btw. Maybe LOL 2 we could have a mana and a lvl up system would be cool too.

I could imagine a mini with a level up system, but no HP/mana.

farming/pushing the lane gives you levels, playing safe/towerhugging gives you less/no levels, but in return you're less susceptible/immune to ganks (=mafia? KP)
each mafia can either farm the jungle for levels or go gank a lane at night

Unlock specific skills when you hit 6 or other arbitary points, just make shit up.

Would end up a bit more "simple" than this one, but it's what'd come to mind here.


But there probably won't be a LoL 2. Wave doesn't get enough of his helicoptering fix out of hosting, kita is kita, and I'm too lazy.

I'd like to take this opportunity to offer to sell you (yes, YOU dear reader!) the unused champion roles from this game for your own hosting adventures! 10 Esports-dollahs/each.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 23 2013 19:56 GMT
#8363
honestly, you could totally reuse a lot of the champion roles that were used - there are so many cool interactions with abilities

I'm actually really glad I took Thresh - his lantern could be scary for some coordinated stuff in the hands of scum
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
December 23 2013 19:58 GMT
#8364
Picks and bans were handled pretty poorly by the scumteam and they were very uncoordinated throughout the beginning of the game. There was no synergy in their roles, a lot of powerful roles (imo) were not even considered by the scumteam, and a massclaim plan may very well have screwed them over at some point.

For the record I would probably be one of those players who refuses to claim as town in a PYP. Takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, and as such there were roles and mechanics included that would punish or mostly prevent a massclaim from working perfectly. WW was a huge role for either town or scum as you guys know, but the role...*ahem* exited the game early.

If people have specific questions about stuff that happened/setup stuff I can answer when I get the chance.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 23 2013 19:58 GMT
#8365
On December 24 2013 04:56 jcarlsoniv wrote:
honestly, you could totally reuse a lot of the champion roles that were used - there are so many cool interactions with abilities

I'm actually really glad I took Thresh - his lantern could be scary for some coordinated stuff in the hands of scum

That reminds me, I wonder why Mocsta tried for Fiddlesticks? Seems an odd role to go for. I went for Fiddlesticks because I was pretty low in the draft and he hadn't been talked about, and his ability seemed to mesh well with my style (self-heal because i'd be hit, and steals HP so relies on me hitting mafia for the role to be proper effective, which I did n1 before I replaced)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 23 2013 20:02 GMT
#8366
On December 24 2013 04:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Picks and bans were handled pretty poorly by the scumteam and they were very uncoordinated throughout the beginning of the game. There was no synergy in their roles, a lot of powerful roles (imo) were not even considered by the scumteam, and a massclaim plan may very well have screwed them over at some point.

For the record I would probably be one of those players who refuses to claim as town in a PYP. Takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, and as such there were roles and mechanics included that would punish or mostly prevent a massclaim from working perfectly. WW was a huge role for either town or scum as you guys know, but the role...*ahem* exited the game early.

If people have specific questions about stuff that happened/setup stuff I can answer when I get the chance.


I agree with the bolded part, which is part of the reason I was fighting a mass claim. I was fine with claiming after trying to do lantern shenanigans on JayB lol.

After watching your setup play out through a whole game, obvious behavioral issues aside, would you change anything balance-wise?
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 23 2013 20:04 GMT
#8367
Thanks for the game WoS and awesome co-hosts. BTW Kita that Batman flavor was sickkkkk.

Thanks Koshi that helps alot.

Sorry for lashing out on you JAT. I just got a little frustrated.

Didn't get lynched this game ^_^ I been able to slide by the lynch recently as town. Although it always hangs over me T_T

Can someone give me tips on how to gather people to follow my lynch. It's something I struggle with. I wanted to lynch SS day 2 but I couldn't garner town support.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 23 2013 20:05 GMT
#8368
And a bunch of low people went for lux. That was really weird too. I really had to talk myself into believing JB's claim specially. The mass claim before picks plan would be awesome for town this game imo.
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 23 2013 20:06 GMT
#8369
On December 24 2013 04:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Picks and bans were handled pretty poorly by the scumteam and they were very uncoordinated throughout the beginning of the game. There was no synergy in their roles, a lot of powerful roles (imo) were not even considered by the scumteam, and a massclaim plan may very well have screwed them over at some point.

For the record I would probably be one of those players who refuses to claim as town in a PYP. Takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, and as such there were roles and mechanics included that would punish or mostly prevent a massclaim from working perfectly. WW was a huge role for either town or scum as you guys know, but the role...*ahem* exited the game early.

If people have specific questions about stuff that happened/setup stuff I can answer when I get the chance.

WoS fake scum claim names weren't provided correct?

So we could of potentially won by forcing a mass claim of Player flavor names. Would you of provided them to scum if we went down this route as town early on?
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
December 23 2013 20:08 GMT
#8370
On December 24 2013 05:06 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 04:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Picks and bans were handled pretty poorly by the scumteam and they were very uncoordinated throughout the beginning of the game. There was no synergy in their roles, a lot of powerful roles (imo) were not even considered by the scumteam, and a massclaim plan may very well have screwed them over at some point.

For the record I would probably be one of those players who refuses to claim as town in a PYP. Takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, and as such there were roles and mechanics included that would punish or mostly prevent a massclaim from working perfectly. WW was a huge role for either town or scum as you guys know, but the role...*ahem* exited the game early.

If people have specific questions about stuff that happened/setup stuff I can answer when I get the chance.

WoS fake scum claim names weren't provided correct?

So we could of potentially won by forcing a mass claim of Player flavor names. Would you of provided them to scum if we went down this route as town early on?

No, we gave them fakeclaims right at the beginning. Second post in the scum QT or so.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 23 2013 20:09 GMT
#8371
On December 24 2013 04:54 Dandel Ion wrote:
But there probably won't be a LoL 2. Wave doesn't get enough of his helicoptering fix out of hosting, kita is kita, and I'm too lazy.


DON'T COUNT OUT UMASI
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 23 2013 20:09 GMT
#8372
On December 24 2013 05:05 sandroba wrote:
And a bunch of low people went for lux. That was really weird too. I really had to talk myself into believing JB's claim specially. The mass claim before picks plan would be awesome for town this game imo.

But you didn't mislynch me that's what counts :D
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
December 23 2013 20:10 GMT
#8373
On December 24 2013 05:09 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 04:54 Dandel Ion wrote:
But there probably won't be a LoL 2. Wave doesn't get enough of his helicoptering fix out of hosting, kita is kita, and I'm too lazy.


DON'T COUNT OUT UMASI

Who?
A backwards poet writes inverse.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 23 2013 20:16 GMT
#8374
On December 24 2013 03:57 Koshi wrote:
geript was interesting. Vote change and kill townie over scum and then ragequit cuz he was annoyed by a scummer -_-*

Sure Coag pissed me the hell off, but I was honestly far more pissed off by the fact that the mods hadn't taken care of him before then. That type of play is 100% unacceptable imo and if I had been the mod I would've MK'd him on D1 when he had 2 posts for the whole day regardless of any reason he gives/gave. If you /in or /replace in a game and are selected to play, then I expect you to try regardless of alignment. I find it exceptionally ironic that his play has been deemed "acceptable" and my play not (as clearly evidence by mod ban request choices).
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
December 23 2013 20:25 GMT
#8375
So policy lynch him.

Hosts are not your free policy lynches on players that didn't even break any rules.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 23 2013 20:27 GMT
#8376
Lurking is a strategy as scum. Granted not a great one.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
December 23 2013 20:36 GMT
#8377
On December 24 2013 04:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Picks and bans were handled pretty poorly by the scumteam and they were very uncoordinated throughout the beginning of the game. There was no synergy in their roles, a lot of powerful roles (imo) were not even considered by the scumteam, and a massclaim plan may very well have screwed them over at some point.

For the record I would probably be one of those players who refuses to claim as town in a PYP. Takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, and as such there were roles and mechanics included that would punish or mostly prevent a massclaim from working perfectly. WW was a huge role for either town or scum as you guys know, but the role...*ahem* exited the game early.

If people have specific questions about stuff that happened/setup stuff I can answer when I get the chance.

You weren't supposed to tell people that WW was actually a good role, I plan on picking it next scum PYP game. With current jubjub meta sounds like an easy grab to be honest.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 23 2013 20:40 GMT
#8378
On December 24 2013 05:25 Dandel Ion wrote:
So policy lynch him.

Hosts are not your free policy lynches on players that didn't even break any rules.

Ok. Then I will specifically join games you join and make mandatory posts and nothing more just to force you to policy lynch me. You will see how "fun" that becomes.

On December 24 2013 05:27 jaybrundage wrote:
Lurking is a strategy as scum. Granted not a great one.

There's a difference between "lurking" and not playing. Coag did the latter.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
December 23 2013 20:43 GMT
#8379
Coagulation has played like this since I remember, as I talked with people on TS I would've told you that he is probably scum, but in a fit of rage I decided to kill myself. Sorry guys. He either posts cryptic stuff/laid back stuff when he has a cool role, does nothing if he is town OR annoys people who he thinks are scum, if he is scum he just goes "gonna cruise to victory because town never policy lynches".
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 23 2013 20:46 GMT
#8380
I think everyone in this game deserves a ban :X
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 417 418 419 420 421 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 117
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 973
GuemChi 645
Artosis 614
910 37
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 15
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox615
Other Games
summit1g8633
Day[9].tv557
shahzam512
C9.Mang0363
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick598
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur692
• Day9tv557
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5m
Patches Events
16h 5m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.