• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:25
CEST 15:25
KST 22:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9081 users

TL Mafia Ban List 2.0 - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 135 Next
Message GMarshal if you request a ban please ^_^

Also when the game you're sitting out is over!
~GMarshal
Ange777
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Germany1164 Posts
November 03 2013 12:14 GMT
#121
On November 03 2013 05:30 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:16 Ange777 wrote:
I would like to request a warning for StorrZerg, Mattchew and VayneAuthority.

StorrZerg and Mattchew were masoned and used other means of communication than QuickTopic although we explicitly told them to refrain from using anything else which resulted in their modkills.

VayneAuthority got himself banned on TL forum during our game which resulted in his modkill.

Approved for Storr and Matt, although I'm a little iffy on VA, I generally feel like getting tl banned and having to be modkilled is punishment enough, especially if its a game you wanted to play in, unless it was a requested ban. Either way if you really want VA warned, I'll warn him, it just feels like a double punishment.


In my opinion it isn't that difficult to stay out of troubles and not get a ban on TL. People playing in a game should consider that getting yourself banned on TL is hurting the game and should be easily avoided. I do understand your point though so if you don't want to warn him, I am ok with it.

As for StorrZerg and Mattchew's modkills: if anyone wants to discuss this and hear things from the host's point of view, feel free to PM me but I don't think this is suitable for the Ban List thread
♥ Sen - 台灣之光 ♥
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
November 03 2013 17:01 GMT
#122
On November 03 2013 12:48 iamperfection wrote:
was there a particular reason the discussion had to be limited to the qt?


we asked for skype chat and for the mod to be in it but we got denied that.
i don't get why using skype with a mod in would be a problem. same exact thing as the qt, just no "email" like system to deal with

o and if anyone wants to hear the players point of view on how the mods handled the situation....
I see it only fair i put that out if the mod is going to do so as well.

Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 03:59:39
November 04 2013 03:59 GMT
#123
The reason that we restrict it to QT is so that other players can review it post-game. There are several people who just like observing games, hence the obs QT threads. Sometimes mods will allow you to have skype/irc convos if you copy them into the QT, but it's up to them

P.S. Ange that is exactly what the banlist thread is for.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
November 04 2013 10:30 GMT
#124
On November 03 2013 21:14 Ange777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:30 GMarshal wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:16 Ange777 wrote:
I would like to request a warning for StorrZerg, Mattchew and VayneAuthority.

StorrZerg and Mattchew were masoned and used other means of communication than QuickTopic although we explicitly told them to refrain from using anything else which resulted in their modkills.

VayneAuthority got himself banned on TL forum during our game which resulted in his modkill.

Approved for Storr and Matt, although I'm a little iffy on VA, I generally feel like getting tl banned and having to be modkilled is punishment enough, especially if its a game you wanted to play in, unless it was a requested ban. Either way if you really want VA warned, I'll warn him, it just feels like a double punishment.


In my opinion it isn't that difficult to stay out of troubles and not get a ban on TL. People playing in a game should consider that getting yourself banned on TL is hurting the game and should be easily avoided. I do understand your point though so if you don't want to warn him, I am ok with it.

As for StorrZerg and Mattchew's modkills: if anyone wants to discuss this and hear things from the host's point of view, feel free to PM me but I don't think this is suitable for the Ban List thread

Well then there's times when somebody else blatantly lies to some random mod to get you banned.

Ehm
What I'm saying is it depends.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 04 2013 10:31 GMT
#125
Dandel so bitter about that.
I had a good night of sleep.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
November 04 2013 10:38 GMT
#126
Not really bitter.

I'm just saying it's not always that easy.
And then you'd have to look at what happened to get somebody banned and then you have to decide whether that was dumb or not. And and and.


It's honestly just far easier to go "dud got banned from TL so he's basically already sitting out games right now" and be done with it. real.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
November 04 2013 20:34 GMT
#127
I'm fine with a warning, never read this until now. I apologized to the hosts in thread but if they didn't see it, let me re-iterate, I did not want to harm the game in any way and apologize for forcing you to modkill me.
I come in for the scraps
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-05 00:42:58
November 05 2013 00:41 GMT
#128
On November 03 2013 21:14 Ange777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:30 GMarshal wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:16 Ange777 wrote:
I would like to request a warning for StorrZerg, Mattchew and VayneAuthority.

StorrZerg and Mattchew were masoned and used other means of communication than QuickTopic although we explicitly told them to refrain from using anything else which resulted in their modkills.

VayneAuthority got himself banned on TL forum during our game which resulted in his modkill.

Approved for Storr and Matt, although I'm a little iffy on VA, I generally feel like getting tl banned and having to be modkilled is punishment enough, especially if its a game you wanted to play in, unless it was a requested ban. Either way if you really want VA warned, I'll warn him, it just feels like a double punishment.


In my opinion it isn't that difficult to stay out of troubles and not get a ban on TL. People playing in a game should consider that getting yourself banned on TL is hurting the game and should be easily avoided. I do understand your point though so if you don't want to warn him, I am ok with it.

As for StorrZerg and Mattchew's modkills: if anyone wants to discuss this and hear things from the host's point of view, feel free to PM me but I don't think this is suitable for the Ban List thread

Ange and StorrZerg - if there is any debate about the issue, people (especially the hosts and the affected players!) giving their point of view on the issue and the story being explained properly is pretty much the whole point of the ban list thread. Otherwise, bans would just be resolved entirely via PM.

(Which is basically what iGrok said, but his version wasn't long-winded enough for my tastes!)
Uff Da
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
November 05 2013 04:10 GMT
#129
I'm requesting a standard inactivity ban (1 game) for hermeane.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
November 05 2013 05:41 GMT
#130
On November 05 2013 09:41 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 21:14 Ange777 wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:30 GMarshal wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:16 Ange777 wrote:
I would like to request a warning for StorrZerg, Mattchew and VayneAuthority.

StorrZerg and Mattchew were masoned and used other means of communication than QuickTopic although we explicitly told them to refrain from using anything else which resulted in their modkills.

VayneAuthority got himself banned on TL forum during our game which resulted in his modkill.

Approved for Storr and Matt, although I'm a little iffy on VA, I generally feel like getting tl banned and having to be modkilled is punishment enough, especially if its a game you wanted to play in, unless it was a requested ban. Either way if you really want VA warned, I'll warn him, it just feels like a double punishment.


In my opinion it isn't that difficult to stay out of troubles and not get a ban on TL. People playing in a game should consider that getting yourself banned on TL is hurting the game and should be easily avoided. I do understand your point though so if you don't want to warn him, I am ok with it.

As for StorrZerg and Mattchew's modkills: if anyone wants to discuss this and hear things from the host's point of view, feel free to PM me but I don't think this is suitable for the Ban List thread

Ange and StorrZerg - if there is any debate about the issue, people (especially the hosts and the affected players!) giving their point of view on the issue and the story being explained properly is pretty much the whole point of the ban list thread. Otherwise, bans would just be resolved entirely via PM.

(Which is basically what iGrok said, but his version wasn't long-winded enough for my tastes!)

I aim for efficiency. But next time I'll write a treatise, just for you <3
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Ange777
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Germany1164 Posts
November 05 2013 16:58 GMT
#131
On November 05 2013 09:41 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 21:14 Ange777 wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:30 GMarshal wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:16 Ange777 wrote:
I would like to request a warning for StorrZerg, Mattchew and VayneAuthority.

StorrZerg and Mattchew were masoned and used other means of communication than QuickTopic although we explicitly told them to refrain from using anything else which resulted in their modkills.

VayneAuthority got himself banned on TL forum during our game which resulted in his modkill.

Approved for Storr and Matt, although I'm a little iffy on VA, I generally feel like getting tl banned and having to be modkilled is punishment enough, especially if its a game you wanted to play in, unless it was a requested ban. Either way if you really want VA warned, I'll warn him, it just feels like a double punishment.


In my opinion it isn't that difficult to stay out of troubles and not get a ban on TL. People playing in a game should consider that getting yourself banned on TL is hurting the game and should be easily avoided. I do understand your point though so if you don't want to warn him, I am ok with it.

As for StorrZerg and Mattchew's modkills: if anyone wants to discuss this and hear things from the host's point of view, feel free to PM me but I don't think this is suitable for the Ban List thread

Ange and StorrZerg - if there is any debate about the issue, people (especially the hosts and the affected players!) giving their point of view on the issue and the story being explained properly is pretty much the whole point of the ban list thread. Otherwise, bans would just be resolved entirely via PM.

(Which is basically what iGrok said, but his version wasn't long-winded enough for my tastes!)


StorrZerg and I have talked about this excessively through PMs and I don't see the need to bring it up for discussion again as the two of us obviously won't agree on this matter. If anyone else wants to talk about it we can of course talk about it in this thread. I just always thought that the Ban Thread is mostly about post-game punishments and less about in-game punishments and didn't want to derail conversation.
♥ Sen - 台灣之光 ♥
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
November 05 2013 18:15 GMT
#132
Seems simple to me. If you explicitly told them QT only communication, then it's fine to modkill them for it.

From my understanding, however, they were given no such restriction (at least Storr said they weren't), so it's a bit unfair to modkill for that.

Just my two-cents as a third party who only got one side of the story.

Objectively, though, it should be restricted to QT only when alignments are not confirmed, because it's unfair to scum in any other medium.
Writer@WriterYamato
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 05 2013 18:25 GMT
#133
I thought the communcation extended into a cycle where they were no longer masoned but were still speaking to each other (through LoL). However that's too clear cut of a case for modkilling so the dates may be more complicated.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 05 2013 18:41 GMT
#134
The rules in the OP mostly say that you can use other media. But dont know if voice media is allowed.
I had a good night of sleep.
Ange777
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Germany1164 Posts
November 05 2013 18:51 GMT
#135
They used something else than QT (LoL) to communicate as a non confirmed mason pair. Previously they had asked us whether they could use something else (Skype) for their communication. We explicitely told them to keep all conversation strictly to QT. We did have suspicions whether they overextended their communication into another cycle but decided to not pursue that anymore as both said they had not.

I agree that we handled the modkill baldy. There have been communication issues (inconsistent statements between co-hosts and primary host) and I do regret that it resulted in misunderstandings for StorrZerg and Mattchew but there has not been another reason for me to modkill them besides what I just wrote. They actively and knowingly broke our rule which in my opinion warranted a modkill.

I know that this is more of a "minor crime" as nothing game-changing happened, they did not break the game by talking to each other on LoL which is why I only requested a warning for them.
♥ Sen - 台灣之光 ♥
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 06 2013 10:36 GMT
#136
On November 05 2013 13:10 HiroPro wrote:
I'm requesting a standard inactivity ban (1 game) for hermeane.

Approved
Moderator
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 06 2013 13:45 GMT
#137
Can I ask for warnings? Or for new rules?
I want to ask a warning for Cephiro for posting baby seals as town.

The baby seal is a cute and happy animal, whenever it is spotted it should bring immediate happiness to you, never should it bring doubt.

Cephiro is feeding the doubt by using this cute little animal as town.
I had a good night of sleep.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
November 06 2013 14:01 GMT
#138
On November 06 2013 22:45 Koshi wrote:
Can I ask for warnings? Or for new rules?
I want to ask a warning for Cephiro for posting baby seals as town.

The baby seal is a cute and happy animal, whenever it is spotted it should bring immediate happiness to you, never should it bring doubt.

Cephiro is feeding the doubt by using this cute little animal as town.


Then s0lstice needs to be warned too...

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19927143
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 06 2013 14:05 GMT
#139
On November 06 2013 23:01 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2013 22:45 Koshi wrote:
Can I ask for warnings? Or for new rules?
I want to ask a warning for Cephiro for posting baby seals as town.

The baby seal is a cute and happy animal, whenever it is spotted it should bring immediate happiness to you, never should it bring doubt.

Cephiro is feeding the doubt by using this cute little animal as town.


Then s0lstice needs to be warned too...

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19927143

He was scum?
I had a good night of sleep.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
November 06 2013 14:21 GMT
#140
dude, you were cop in that game, and 3 posts later he writes

On October 08 2013 02:09 s0Lstice wrote:
sorry for putting you through that Koshi, i had to do SOMETHING

<3


don't tell me you don't remember! Dont' break my heart!
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 135 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 955
ComeBackTV 260
SteadfastSC257
TaKeTV 243
LamboSC2145
Rex85
IndyStarCraft 36
EnkiAlexander 21
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 257
LamboSC2 145
ProTech142
Rex 85
IndyStarCraft 36
BRAT_OK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38511
Shuttle 2609
Bisu 919
Horang2 879
Mini 724
Jaedong 722
EffOrt 639
Light 493
Soma 376
BeSt 370
[ Show more ]
firebathero 351
Hyuk 342
Stork 339
Snow 185
Rush 173
Zeus 156
ggaemo 152
ZerO 149
Last 147
Leta 83
hero 72
Pusan 69
sorry 67
Killer 60
Sea.KH 54
Sharp 50
Mong 43
Mind 41
Aegong 29
Shinee 29
soO 27
Bale 27
Shine 25
Trap 25
ToSsGirL 24
Sexy 22
Free 20
Yoon 16
Terrorterran 16
NotJumperer 15
HiyA 15
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6659
qojqva1626
Dendi816
Fuzer 92
420jenkins91
League of Legends
Reynor105
Counter-Strike
x6flipin311
markeloff296
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1980
crisheroes1011
XaKoH 156
Other Games
gofns35088
singsing2137
olofmeister1266
B2W.Neo977
Mlord258
DeMusliM197
Livibee172
Liquid`VortiX129
Hui .127
ArmadaUGS106
Mew2King98
QueenE66
Chillindude14
ZerO(Twitch)14
Railgan10
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1799
League of Legends
• Jankos2296
• Nemesis1519
• TFBlade913
Other Games
• WagamamaTV181
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 36m
Stellar Fest
23h 36m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.