• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:57
CEST 14:57
KST 21:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9724 users

The Teamliquid Mafia Gaming Collective - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
June 21 2012 01:19 GMT
#21
I wish more people played Age of Empires 2.

Also I second whoever said DoTA2 needs to get added to the games section.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
June 21 2012 01:53 GMT
#22
Skype: mzhao1992

Games:
Civilization 4 (not 5)
StarCraft 2: sly (lagggggg)
Heroes of Might and Magic III (I'm hashing out a setup for [T] HoMM3 Mafia :3)
Touhou (lol)
Magic The Gathering (Magic Workstation): MidnightGladius
Trust in Bayes.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
June 21 2012 04:37 GMT
#23
Just updated it, if you see any errors let me know, it was a little rough reformatting all of Kav's code without screwing it up (I suck at forum html so w/e).

If there are ways you think the format can be improved let me know.

I'll try and have all the LoL names tomorrow.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
June 21 2012 05:57 GMT
#24
I'm not on the first player roster, and my SC2 account is NA, not SEA. Thanks :D
Trust in Bayes.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-22 09:18:27
June 22 2012 01:40 GMT
#25
You didn't add my name to like all the games :o

Every game from my initial post except Dota 2.

I have a spare Dota 2 key if anyone needs one, btw.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
June 26 2012 04:59 GMT
#26
So huuuuuge TF2 update in 2 days. New game mode and stuff. Let's get into it!
Sucker for nostalgia
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
June 26 2012 05:07 GMT
#27
I'll re-DL it tonight... new comp

Is the original spy load out still the standard? I always preferred regular cloak watch
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
June 26 2012 10:43 GMT
#28
On June 26 2012 14:07 EchelonTee wrote:
I'll re-DL it tonight... new comp

Is the original spy load out still the standard? I always preferred regular cloak watch

I am most certainly not an expert but I believe, in pubs at least, the dead ringer is what the best spies use.
Sucker for nostalgia
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
June 26 2012 11:05 GMT
#29
Hmm, are there any specific details on the new game mode, Doomsday?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
June 26 2012 15:10 GMT
#30
On June 26 2012 20:05 EchelonTee wrote:
Hmm, are there any specific details on the new game mode, Doomsday?

http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/
Sucker for nostalgia
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
July 18 2012 16:28 GMT
#31
mattchewk on LoL all day today PM me here or add me to play
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-20 01:28:07
July 20 2012 01:26 GMT
#32
I'd really, really like to play some Civ IV (succession game, leisurely MP, parallel games, blazing MP [in order of preference]).

I normally play on Emperor, but I'd be willing to play with sufficiently quirky handicaps/bonuses, as needed.
Trust in Bayes.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-20 13:17:22
July 20 2012 03:48 GMT
#33
I would be okay with playing a Civ4 succession game or parallel games. Multiplayer takes too long for my current time constraints. I can generally win on Immortal with most starts or on Deity with a good start + a good leader, so I would be willing to play on pretty much any level, though I would prefer it to be Monarch or above.

Also I'm assuming we're playing on standard speed. Marathon drives me absolutely crazy.
Uff Da
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-20 04:14:46
July 20 2012 04:13 GMT
#34
I've never even attempted a game on Marathon, but for single player I prefer to play Epic. Warring against AIs on Quick is so frustrating, when your military tech lead is gone by the time you get to their core

The AIs' longbow -> rifle mass upgrade... X_X
Trust in Bayes.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
July 20 2012 04:20 GMT
#35
The trick is to take out their stack quickly and then go for the important cities. It's easier if you're using mounted units or you have a lot of seige. They might have a few rifles, but not enough to do that much. However, I'm definitely okay with not playing on Quick either. I would prefer Standard over Epic, but I wouldn't complain too much about it.
Uff Da
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
July 20 2012 04:39 GMT
#36
When do you usually fight your wars? I can never seem to make enough progress (not enough economy and/or superior forces) before my rifle/cannon push, and while that's all well and good for the first few enemies, the rest have caught up by then. While I usually have enough of a lead to clean up with infantry, tanks, and artillery, it's slow going.

Then again, it sounds like you're a much more mechanically sound player, so it could just be my mismanaging the early game.
Trust in Bayes.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-20 20:27:14
July 20 2012 13:44 GMT
#37
It's situational. I usually don't try to start warring (Monty notwithstanding of course) until I get cuirassiers + spies, cannons, or rifles + drafting + spies. Occasionally, I'll do something else, like crossbow rushing (only with a non-coastal start and only if I'm China or a Philosophical leader who doesn't start with fishing - Suleiman, Frederick, Gandhi, or Peter without unrestricted leaders), horse archer rushing (if I'm boxed in with horses), elephants + catapults, or Praetorians. However, all of those are relatively rare. They might combine for 10% of my games.

I generally do not wait for both rifles and cannons; it's more firepower than you need. For example, I generally use maces + muskets/longbows with my cannons (which were generally pre-built as trebuchets and upgraded when steel finished) until I can finish Military Science (while grenadiers aren't as good as riflemen, they get the job done for a while and the tech is much easier to grab than rifling is if you went for steel). After that, it comes down to picking targets carefully while you continue to tech. I generally can finish around when I'm getting infantry, but I'll transition into tanks + bombers or nukes + anything if I have to. Also, I almost never use artillery. Bombers are simply much better units for that purpose.
Uff Da
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 20 2012 15:49 GMT
#38
btw I can host a pitboss civ4 game if you guys want, 24h turns 3-6 players, maybe some AI, fast game probably

oh, add me to just about everything

I'm Palmar on steam (I play dota2 and a lot of stuff)
I'm Palmar on ICCup
Computer says mafia
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
July 20 2012 16:13 GMT
#39
You can add me to
skype, grush57
Na Server for Starcraft, Grush.831
TF2!!!, steam is grush57
LoL (rZGrush)
Civ 5(Don't have the new expac for it T_T), steam is grush57
Dota2, steam is grush57
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
July 20 2012 18:28 GMT
#40
I'm down for some CIV 4 against REAL Ghandi's and GWs.

PM me if you're starting up a game sometime.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1321
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 266
Rex 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56783
Calm 3815
Shuttle 3472
FanTaSy 1710
Bisu 1527
firebathero 374
Stork 295
Mini 288
Hyuk 283
Rush 262
[ Show more ]
Soma 240
EffOrt 230
Soulkey 186
Zeus 180
Last 152
actioN 146
Light 144
ZerO 139
Snow 110
Mong 73
Dewaltoss 69
Killer 68
Sea.KH 66
Barracks 65
Pusan 51
hero 47
Hyun 42
NotJumperer 39
PianO 39
JYJ 38
Free 37
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 33
Yoon 29
Aegong 27
Shine 23
Sharp 22
sorry 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 11
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5522
Dendi696
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1377
kRYSTAL_316
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko407
Other Games
gofns36412
singsing2077
B2W.Neo614
hiko255
DeMusliM233
crisheroes221
byalli155
Livibee148
Hui .27
ZerO(Twitch)10
Liquid`VortiX8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
3m
OSC
9h 18m
Replay Cast
10h 3m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.