• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:04
CEST 23:04
KST 06:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9655 users

Pick Your Power: Redux - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 87 Next
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
May 09 2012 11:00 GMT
#181
On May 09 2012 14:20 Foolishness wrote:
I already gave him approval like a week ago! I told him he could go up to 20!

And now he's bothering me again about it! More clutter in my inbox! And I have to repeat myself! Gosh!

=P

awesome, now make GM add those 5 pointed out earlier and I won't be shot n1 this time :3
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
May 09 2012 13:24 GMT
#182
On May 09 2012 20:00 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 14:20 Foolishness wrote:
I already gave him approval like a week ago! I told him he could go up to 20!

And now he's bothering me again about it! More clutter in my inbox! And I have to repeat myself! Gosh!

=P

awesome, now make GM add those 5 pointed out earlier and I won't be shot n1 this time :3


Someone will be dayvig and you will die d1 :p
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
May 09 2012 14:20 GMT
#183
I plan on being the dayvig to finally bring palmars startegy to perfection!

"YO DUDE, POST YOUR SPREADSHEET. YOU'VE GOT 5 MINUTES TO DO THAT OR I BLOW YOU UP"

And you know what the best part about it would be? If you really are a dayvig you know noone else is a dayvig and you can't run into the usual palmerish problems that come with that strategy.
That's why I'm going to bring it to perfection. In this game that kind of thing can't happen because there's 1 dayvig tops (which is also the reason VE did not sign up) :p
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
May 09 2012 14:22 GMT
#184
The no PM thing gonna maek this interesting. (If this is extended by 5 I'm in btw)
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 09 2012 14:49 GMT
#185
Player list will be updated through the day

last five slots are not going to be assigned by signup order.
Moderator
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
May 09 2012 14:54 GMT
#186
:3

"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
May 09 2012 18:27 GMT
#187
Wait do we get the numbers people PM'ed as well? I actually want to see how other people picked.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
May 09 2012 18:52 GMT
#188
Sentinel you should check out the previous games (search for pick your power) to see how the players in those games dealt with it (long story short, host does not post the numbers, but everyone ends up sharing anyway).
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
May 09 2012 18:58 GMT
#189
Eh, I'm too lazy to find the link again so I'll just try my best and see how I fare.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
May 09 2012 19:38 GMT
#190
Damn, I wish I played this game.

I know exactly what number to choose for the draft to get #1. Mwahahaha!
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 09 2012 20:05 GMT
#191
On May 10 2012 03:27 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Wait do we get the numbers people PM'ed as well? I actually want to see how other people picked.

Probably not, all the other PYP only show the order, not the numbers picked.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
May 09 2012 20:11 GMT
#192
The following number picks occurred in PYP 3:

[6,9]
[6,20]
[1,1]
[1,1]

And they were ranked as listed above. This doesn't make sense to me from reading how the rules state the draft picks are resolved. My understanding is first you'd pick the 1s, those two would bump to the back. Then the sixes - those two bump behind the ones. Then it's as if because the second digits matched between the ones, they got bumped all the way behind the sixes, when I think it makes more sense for them to retain their position relative to the sixes, but get randomized within those spots, making the order:

[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]

It comes down to this statement in the rules: "In the event players picked the same 2 numbers I will once again reset them to the back of the queue(for the order they are in). " What does "for the order they are in" actually mean here?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
May 09 2012 20:17 GMT
#193
Going to have to /out

Real life stuff has come up. I'd like to /obs if there is an obs QT, though. Thank you
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
May 09 2012 21:13 GMT
#194
On May 10 2012 04:38 gonzaw wrote:
Damn, I wish I played this game.

I know exactly what number to choose for the draft to get #1. Mwahahaha!



Is it [1,1]?
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
May 09 2012 21:38 GMT
#195
On May 10 2012 06:13 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 04:38 gonzaw wrote:
Damn, I wish I played this game.

I know exactly what number to choose for the draft to get #1. Mwahahaha!



Is it [1,1]?

Well I'm taking those and hope noone will doom us both by trying to steal them :p
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 09 2012 21:40 GMT
#196
On May 10 2012 05:11 talismania wrote:
The following number picks occurred in PYP 3:

[6,9]
[6,20]
[1,1]
[1,1]

And they were ranked as listed above. This doesn't make sense to me from reading how the rules state the draft picks are resolved. My understanding is first you'd pick the 1s, those two would bump to the back. Then the sixes - those two bump behind the ones. Then it's as if because the second digits matched between the ones, they got bumped all the way behind the sixes, when I think it makes more sense for them to retain their position relative to the sixes, but get randomized within those spots, making the order:

[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]

It comes down to this statement in the rules: "In the event players picked the same 2 numbers I will once again reset them to the back of the queue(for the order they are in). " What does "for the order they are in" actually mean here?

The more unique a number combination the higher its priority.

[1,1] is less unique because there are two of them.

In an example, take

[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]
[19,19]

First I check the first digits for uniqueness. [19,19] has the most unique first digit, and gets put first.

[19,19]
[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]

then I sort by first and second digit, once again checking for how unique the combinations are. Since [1,1] occurs twice, it is less unique than either [6,9] or [6,20] so it gets bumped to the bottom.

Also, because someone asked, parity cop *can* check itself.
Moderator
PaqMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1475 Posts
May 09 2012 21:44 GMT
#197
I would like to /in if at all possible.
t(ツ)t
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
May 09 2012 22:12 GMT
#198
On May 10 2012 06:13 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 04:38 gonzaw wrote:
Damn, I wish I played this game.

I know exactly what number to choose for the draft to get #1. Mwahahaha!



Is it [1,1]?



Oh..maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

I've done a profund research and came up with the perfect number. I'm not too sure about the 2nd number (the thingy from the right, eg [3,19]) but I have a good idea of what it could be.


Hmm, too bad nobody will be able to know which number it is....if only I could play this game this knowledge will come to light.



....>_>
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
May 09 2012 22:15 GMT
#199
so if the numbers are

[19,19]
[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]
[7,1]
[7,2]
[7,2]
[7,4]

algorithm as posted in the op
+ Show Spoiler +

First digit - start with the 1s. Oh no there's two of them, back of the pack.

[19,19]
[6,9]
[6,20]
[7,1]
[7,2]
[7,2]
[7,4]
[1,1]
[1,1]

Then we look for 2s. None of them. Then 3s and so on til sixes. Oh there's two of them. Back to the back of the pack.

[19,19]
[7,1]
[7,2]
[7,2]
[7,4]
[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]

And then we look at 7s. Oh wow so many. Back to the end of the line.

[19,19]
[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]
[7,1]
[7,2]
[7,2]
[7,4]

Now... we look at second digits within the groups. Oh no two 1s, back to the back of the entire pack.

[19,19]
[6,9]
[6,20]
[7,1]
[7,2]
[7,2]
[7,4]
[1,1]
[1,1]

Continuing on the rest of the way. 6 group - nope both are unique and ordered correctly no problem. 7 group - whoa there we got two 7,2s - back to the back of the pack, leaving


the order as

[19,19]
[6,9]
[6,20]
[7,1]
[7,4]
[1,1]
[1,1]
[7,2]
[7,2]

?

Just doesn't look right to me, but that's how I read the rules as written. Reading how it's been applied in actuality though (PYP insane, for example), I think all the 7s would end up at the bottom because they are the least unique first digit group, but that rule isn't expressly written.

I still think it would be best if it went

uniques ranked from lowest to highest
groups ranked by first digit from lowest to highest
within groups, ranked by second digit lowest to highest.

so that even if there were five [1,1]s they all come before two [2,1]s

GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 09 2012 22:29 GMT
#200
Bleh, looking at it, I disagree with the logic used in PYP:I, I'd place the numbers as so

[19,19]
[1,1]
[1,1]
[6,9]
[6,20]
[7,1]
[7,4]
[7,2]
[7,2]

Basically, the uniqueness of the leading number trumps ties in the second number. I think this is a more logical way to handle it, that doesn't require complex rulings.
Moderator
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 545
ProTech159
RuFF_SC2 111
Nina 96
Liquid`TLO 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19676
Calm 2418
Mini 157
firebathero 91
soO 45
Bale 32
PianO 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7859
monkeys_forever166
canceldota31
League of Legends
Doublelift3335
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu916
Other Games
summit1g5399
FrodaN1283
Beastyqt511
shahzam458
mouzStarbuck295
B2W.Neo294
ToD213
C9.Mang0135
RotterdaM85
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King43
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1064
• Shiphtur578
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 11m
Replay Cast
1h 56m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.