• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9345 users

Aperture Mafia - Page 115

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 117 136 Next
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
April 01 2012 20:04 GMT
#2281
Oh, and food for thought: We don't know if Foolishness used the double-kill shot last night. Perhaps he saved it to use it later to gain instant victory as cell? (He could triple kill if he combines it with the cell KP)

Also, who has the detective item?
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 01 2012 20:20 GMT
#2282
On April 02 2012 05:04 phagga wrote:
Oh, and food for thought: We don't know if Foolishness used the double-kill shot last night. Perhaps he saved it to use it later to gain instant victory as cell? (He could triple kill if he combines it with the cell KP)

Also, who has the detective item?

Kenpachi had it, but he got removed fro the game. I'm not sure what happened to them.

Where do Kenpachi's items go? Are they distributed randomly to people who voted for GLaDOS?
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 01 2012 20:53 GMT
#2283
When analysing who the last scum is, it's important to understand what the mindset of sleeper cell would be in this game, with multiple factions. Because a cell member doesn't know who his teammates are, we can't analyse them the same we we analyse mafia, because mafia will often attempt to defend their teammates. Sleeper cell is much more likely to actually find mafia in order to gain town-cred. But the difference between cell and town is that cell cares less. There isn't much of a motive to hunt scum because town can do it for you. It's very easy to lurk but still actively vote for the best mafia candidate.

So after reading through the filters of Phagga and Maverick, I have deduced that Maverick is the last cell. Phagga was actively commenting on a lot of people, something that a Cell member wouldn't want to do, in case they accidentally call out one of their teammates. Therefore that leaves Maverick. Pretty sure he's the last cell.

##Vote: Maverick
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 01 2012 20:54 GMT
#2284
I highly doubt Mementoss is scum simply because he has the computer terminal and I don't think that that kind of pro-town role would be given to cell. I also doubt that Foolishness is scum.
Enjoy your day.
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
April 01 2012 21:22 GMT
#2285
@Maverick - I can confirm I have the "factual core" as stated before I don't know what it does until I equip it. Flavour just states cell phone gives cancer. Probably a quote from the game not very telling. Might need to equip some new cores, as medic this late in the game is tough its hard to trust really anyone and I wouldn't mind figuring out what cores do what.

Damn that Kenpachi situation sucks. I was so curious to what it did, but damn the timing really puts the town in an awkward situation. But, a win is a win for him I guess QQ.

That being said, since I have a condition that is not told to me about acquiring all the cores, I would like people to refrain from giving me them so I dont collect them all, in case its similar to a Kenpachi win con.

I have been gone that last couple of days so i need to re-read the last few pages to try and figure out using the newly acquired information from the night kills, and re-examine the filters of remaining players. Will try to get a post tonight, at latest tommorrow mornin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 21:37 GMT
#2286
On April 02 2012 05:01 phagga wrote:
Jayjay, if there is a constellation like 3-2-1, then we need to get rid of the sleeper cell first to avoid having 2 townies killed at night. If there is a constellation like 4-1-1, then it doesn't matter if we go for mafia or sleeper cell first, as long as we get the lynch right.


wrong. a sleeper lynch with 3-2-1 will get us to 3-2. After the nightkill it will be 2-2 and game.

On April 02 2012 05:54 Nisani201 wrote:
I highly doubt Mementoss is scum simply because he has the computer terminal and I don't think that that kind of pro-town role would be given to cell. I also doubt that Foolishness is scum.


How is the computer terminal pro town? It can be used for everything and can encourage item hunting for scum. In fact, you saw it being used against town already.

In a game where we had a pro town bus driver, an anti-town mason and where we discuss an inventor being anti town, we can't conclude him as a safe town looking solely at the role.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 21:39 GMT
#2287
So foolishness lynch is off the table IMO, simply because he isn't scum. Cell lynch might loose us the game.

No lynch is a bad option as well. So we should conclude on mementoss or mav. phagga looks way better than they do...
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 01 2012 21:49 GMT
#2288
I agree that a no-lynch is a bad option and I'll change my vote at the end if necessary.

Foolishness isn't scum because he's been acting pro-town this entire game, much like Phagga. Mementoss is a good lynch for tomorrow if Maverick flips town.
Enjoy your day.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 21:57 GMT
#2289
if mav flips town, there, most likely, is no tomorrow. If we assume 3-2-1, it'll be 2-2-1 not counting night kills.

4-1-1 would give us some space though.

I am with you here Nisani. Mav or Mem needs to die, I'll be on until deadline to see what is possible.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 22:11 GMT
#2290
since no one does seem to give a fuck, I'll change the vote to mav. The remaining three players can make his lynch happen. Still better than a no lynch. 4-1-1 will tolerate a mislynch and in a 3-2-1 we're probably toast either way.

Vote. Maverick32x
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
April 01 2012 22:16 GMT
#2291
Ok, I'm not entirely sure if trying to defend myself is of much use. I get the strong feeling that JJ already has his heart set on me, so I get that this is an uphill battle.. however, I'm encouraging everyone left to think for themselves and not to simply bandwagon your way to a lose... I am not third party, and I am not scum....


That being said.. I have an actual question- how do we know any scum is left? Couldn't there just be 1 sleeper cell remaining?

This vote is difficult because of the potential for Sleeper Cell to be motivated to kill scum as much as allow town to kill themselves.... to be honest, and I know this is the you blame me, I blame you sort of thing.. but flipping through filters, almost everyone that is left has some sort of 'unique' job... the only person who hasn't discussed this yet is JJ and Phagga...

And I know, before the pitchforks start coming at me... doesn't anyone think that is a bit suspicious?

I'm a cop, Nisani is an inventor, Mementoss is a computer (GI joe reference), Foolishness talks in rhymes....

For a game with relatively intricate style.. those players have not brought up their roles at all... Obviously if they are medic or DT that makes sense and I understand.. however- I think it is still something to consider...

I'm going to stick to a Phagga vote... I know he is one of the few people who didn't go after me in this thread, so I'm sure I'm slitting my own throat- but I'm going to go for it.
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 22:22 GMT
#2292
On April 02 2012 07:16 Maverick32x wrote:
Ok, I'm not entirely sure if trying to defend myself is of much use. I get the strong feeling that JJ already has his heart set on me, so I get that this is an uphill battle.. however, I'm encouraging everyone left to think for themselves and not to simply bandwagon your way to a lose... I am not third party, and I am not scum....


That being said.. I have an actual question- how do we know any scum is left? Couldn't there just be 1 sleeper cell remaining?

This vote is difficult because of the potential for Sleeper Cell to be motivated to kill scum as much as allow town to kill themselves.... to be honest, and I know this is the you blame me, I blame you sort of thing.. but flipping through filters, almost everyone that is left has some sort of 'unique' job... the only person who hasn't discussed this yet is JJ and Phagga...

And I know, before the pitchforks start coming at me... doesn't anyone think that is a bit suspicious?

I'm a cop, Nisani is an inventor, Mementoss is a computer (GI joe reference), Foolishness talks in rhymes....

For a game with relatively intricate style.. those players have not brought up their roles at all... Obviously if they are medic or DT that makes sense and I understand.. however- I think it is still something to consider...

I'm going to stick to a Phagga vote... I know he is one of the few people who didn't go after me in this thread, so I'm sure I'm slitting my own throat- but I'm going to go for it.


You read the threat at all? Phagga has been discussed quite a bit.

Also, no, I have not decided. In fact, I'd much rather lynch mementoss, as I stated many times now.

The problem is that Foolishness is no scum, Nisani is the inventor and most likely not scum and I have lynched both scum and cell. Which boils down to you three guys (phagga, mav, mem). For some reason people think mem is town for his role. Phagga made some good posts. This is why you are in the zone now.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 22:24 GMT
#2293
Why the heck would, as town, vote a fourth freaking player? Do you really think that lynch is going to happen??? If anything you should vote mementoss...
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
April 01 2012 22:27 GMT
#2294
Uh, JJ, the Deadline is in 24 hours...

also: I don't want to calculate too much, but: If we are at 3-2-1, and we kill mafia, that makes 3-1-1. Then there are 2 nightkills, which leave us at 1-1-1, which is nigh unwinnable. However, if we go from 3-2-1 to 3-2-0 and then 2-2-, we can win with an item of Nisani. HOWEVER, that assumes that there is still a cell member left to kill. This is why I stick to Foolishness.

Maverick: You're right, it is possible that there is only one sleeper cell or one mafia left, as we do no know the flips of night one nor the size of the mafia group. What JJ and I are picturing here are the worst case scenarios.

So you want to know my role?

"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 22:34 GMT
#2295
On April 02 2012 07:27 phagga wrote:
Uh, JJ, the Deadline is in 24 hours...

also: I don't want to calculate too much, but: If we are at 3-2-1, and we kill mafia, that makes 3-1-1. Then there are 2 nightkills, which leave us at 1-1-1, which is nigh unwinnable. However, if we go from 3-2-1 to 3-2-0 and then 2-2-, we can win with an item of Nisani. HOWEVER, that assumes that there is still a cell member left to kill. This is why I stick to Foolishness.

Maverick: You're right, it is possible that there is only one sleeper cell or one mafia left, as we do no know the flips of night one nor the size of the mafia group. What JJ and I are picturing here are the worst case scenarios.

So you want to know my role?



oh is it? that actually explains a lot :D Sorry for strssing out.

I'll be voting mementoss again then:

##Vote: Mementoss

The difference is that with 3-1-1 there's a fair chance that scum hits cell and vice versa. especially since they avoid me because of my item. we also don't know for sure, if cell has a KP, do we? I don't think so looking at last night, because there wasn't one. The bullet was a vig item bought on the black market ...We def should try to hit scum and not cell.

Mav: I also basically claimed my role: I was a vig...and my shot was confirmed...



Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
April 01 2012 22:38 GMT
#2296
On April 02 2012 07:34 Jayjay54 wrote:
we also don't know for sure, if cell has a KP, do we? I don't think so looking at last night, because there wasn't one. The bullet was a vig item bought on the black market


Uh, how do you know this? did I miss that somewhere in the thread?
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 01 2012 22:44 GMT
#2297
On April 02 2012 07:38 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 07:34 Jayjay54 wrote:
we also don't know for sure, if cell has a KP, do we? I don't think so looking at last night, because there wasn't one. The bullet was a vig item bought on the black market


Uh, how do you know this? did I miss that somewhere in the thread?


On March 27 2012 13:06 MidnightGladius wrote:
In the Black Market thread, the player who bought the Companion Cube (smurf account that we all agreed to ignore) just bought a Sentry Gun (1kp) and is leading the auction for the Delicious Cake (forces a player to not post for 24 hours).

Additionally, this player has some number of Letters (one-shot PMs), and no one else has bought any of them, so if any of you have been receiving such forms of communications, it should be this player.

I also will note that the Radiator returned 1 Mafia. This likely means that there exists a mafia doctor/roleblocker/other strong PR, and the team decided it would be better to keep using that action. A mafia doctor would actually fit with what we've seen so far, as that would have accounted for Maverick's kp without refunding it, allowing kita to claim the actual kill.


On March 28 2012 08:12 MidnightGladius wrote:
"YellOw" just bought another Sentry Gun (for a total of 2kp currently in his possession), and he won the auction for the Delicious Cake (forces a player to not post for 24 hours).


at least it makes perfect sense that this is not cell flavour, but this item...

So far there is no flavour unaccounted other than both apererture kills last night. Which is why I assume no actual cell KP.

They might have the second gun though...would kinda make sense that scum has KP and cell black market. we are not sure though
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
April 01 2012 22:54 GMT
#2298
hmm, you're right. So in this case, the aperture science bullets are probably the new mafia kill flavor (would make sense as they come from turrets), while Adam was killed by a sentry gun (and there might be a second one around). This indeed indicates that the sleeper cell is dead or at least without regular kp.

I'll sleep over it, but I think I will switch my vote to Mementoss.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 01 2012 22:54 GMT
#2299
Can someone explain these counts better to me? Aren't there third-party people also?
Enjoy your day.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
April 01 2012 22:54 GMT
#2300
Kenpachi left with his items
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 117 136 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 113
BRAT_OK 56
mouzHeroMarine 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3857
Bisu 1698
Soulkey 1349
EffOrt 995
Mini 626
Larva 399
ZerO 331
Horang2 294
actioN 222
ggaemo 164
[ Show more ]
hero 83
Mind 83
Dewaltoss 78
Shinee 70
Sharp 70
sorry 58
Sea.KH 58
Snow 48
Barracks 43
Hyun 41
Bale 31
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5788
Dendi1173
XaKoH 376
420jenkins337
League of Legends
Reynor68
Counter-Strike
fl0m3275
Fnx 658
pashabiceps636
x6flipin610
edward35
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes407
Liquid`Hasu1
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1517
hiko846
FrodaN524
XBOCT212
Livibee172
TKL 104
QueenE103
C9.Mang066
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)23
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV653
League of Legends
• Nemesis3980
• TFBlade778
Other Games
• Shiphtur422
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 16m
Patches Events
23h 16m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.