• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:18
CEST 16:18
KST 23:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6428 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 262

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 260 261 262 263 264 266 Next
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
December 03 2011 06:31 GMT
#5221
I’d like to apologize to the new people, this game had issues and I hope you give mafia another shot in a better game. To the so called “vets” I wanna say the vast majority of you played TERRIBLY. I’m honestly embarrassed. If you’ve played more than 4 or 5 games then you should know how to play better than you did. Thanks for not putting our collective best foot forward everyone, what great example you all set for the new people.

There will be no bans from this game. To Ace: your play was the most embarrassing of all. To Risen: There were multiple warnings against editing, please don’t do it in future games (your post count will go up faster :D). To the inactives: I understand how difficult this game was to follow so you may all get a pass, if you choose to play again however please put in the time.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 03 2011 06:36 GMT
#5222
MZ, that's not fair at all.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 03 2011 06:37 GMT
#5223
On December 03 2011 15:31 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I’d like to apologize to the new people, this game had issues and I hope you give mafia another shot in a better game. To the so called “vets” I wanna say the vast majority of you played TERRIBLY. I’m honestly embarrassed. If you’ve played more than 4 or 5 games then you should know how to play better than you did. Thanks for not putting our collective best foot forward everyone, what great example you all set for the new people.

There will be no bans from this game. To Ace: your play was the most embarrassing of all. To Risen: There were multiple warnings against editing, please don’t do it in future games (your post count will go up faster :D). To the inactives: I understand how difficult this game was to follow so you may all get a pass, if you choose to play again however please put in the time.



Ace's play was not embarassing. He did absolutely nothing wrong this game, his entire play was so obviously not serious in the modkill regard that this entire situation got blown out of proportion. I would say the situation surrounding his modkill was embarassing. He was retroactively modkilled. He was modkilled via a host who did not even do it on their main account. The mods then let people slander a players name in thread FOR HOURS and only stepped in when said player stepped in to defend themself.


The situation was messy all around but to single out a player for doing things that the mods are equally as guilty for is sickening.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
December 03 2011 06:39 GMT
#5224
What? I was supposed to have a heal on Annul night 2 ... I have the pm logs still, not that it matters now.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 06:44:53
December 03 2011 06:43 GMT
#5225
The reason I didn't use my main is to keep the modkill discussion during the game to a minimum. Now that the game is over feel free to bitch at me as much as you like.

Edit: It's his decision to not play the game seriously that was embarrasing. And the reason I singled that out is because he was modkilled. Notice I addressed Risen and the inactives as well.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 03 2011 06:50 GMT
#5226
On December 03 2011 15:43 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
The reason I didn't use my main is to keep the modkill discussion during the game to a minimum. Now that the game is over feel free to bitch at me as much as you like.

Edit: It's his decision to not play the game seriously that was embarrasing. And the reason I singled that out is because he was modkilled. Notice I addressed Risen and the inactives as well.


Who are you to say he wasn't playing seriously? Do you know his playstyle that well? Ace's play was actually some of the best this entire game and surprisingly was serious. To single him out for this while letting people troll relentlessly and proving no content with no punishment is completely horsecrap. Ace tried to turn your game around from herp derping into a real game and he was shafted for it. Inexcusable.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 06:53:10
December 03 2011 06:51 GMT
#5227
Excuse me?

How wasn't I playing the game seriously? At best I can be criticized for paying too much attention to Palmar and WBG. Later on I eventually started talking to sandroba trying to figure out a new direction to take the thread in.

Then I got modkilled.

ETA: And MP I really don't want to turn this into a me vs you thing any more. I'll let it die right now. I'm MORE upset that after I was modkilled people kept making it seem like I committed some insane act of cheating that ruined the game and trying to make themselves look morally superior over it. If you guys would have shut that down then I wouldn't even have said anything.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
December 03 2011 06:55 GMT
#5228
On December 03 2011 15:39 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
What? I was supposed to have a heal on Annul night 2 ... I have the pm logs still, not that it matters now.

Did you send it to every host? I never received the action, at least.
you gotta dance
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
December 03 2011 06:55 GMT
#5229
No Ace's play was absolutely not ok, if you can't see why than this conversation is pointless.

I honestly am super pissed right now. I think it's probably best if I take a break from mafia for a while, if you really need to bitch about this more than please PM me.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 03 2011 07:11 GMT
#5230
Cyber_Cheese sent it to me the night I was at the precinct :/
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
December 03 2011 07:15 GMT
#5231
On December 03 2011 15:51 Ace wrote:
I'm MORE upset that after I was modkilled people kept making it seem like I committed some insane act of cheating that ruined the game and trying to make themselves look morally superior over it. If you guys would have shut that down then I wouldn't even have said anything.

About that, I put a stop to it as soon as I got back, it just so happened that everyone decided to discuss what I had asked NOT be discussed as soon as I left, just bad timing.
Moderator
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 07:31:58
December 03 2011 07:27 GMT
#5232
Really? You think Ace has the most embarrassing play this game? You think he was not playing the game seriously? That is probably the most ignorant comment I've heard so far. On the contrary, he was one of the only people actually trying to figure stuff out in a reasonable way. The entire first hundred pages of the game were absolutely ridiculous and basically got the town nowhere. Given all the spam and trash talk in this thread, I was delighted to see Ace pop up and start pushing the town in some direction...until I unexpectedly hear that he was modkilled because you were afraid of the example it would present to the new players???

You guys completely jumped the gun on this one. From what I see, you guys didn't put any consideration into this and pretty much agreed to the modkill without any serious discussion. Furthermore, posting the modkill on a bot account to hide yourself from the backlash of a high-profile modkill shows that something is amiss here. The "no betting out of game items" rule is so that people don't bet items outside the game. Please show me where Ace bet something outside the game. (And please don't say reputation, as that clearly doesn't count). While yeah, it would be lame if people actually went through with the plan and placed bets, none of that was actually happening in this game. Nobody agreed to this plan, and nobody actually followed through with it. All Ace did was assert his confidence, and he gets modkilled for it. The decision to modkill Ace in this game is equivalent to arresting someone for talking about murder when no murder has actually occurred. This is not even a borderline case. Would a warning be called for? Yes, but a modkill, definitely not.

In terms of hosting, I think we need to limit future games to 2 hosts unless the hosts can demonstrate that they all work together on the same level and not have too widely differing opinions on how to handle the game. From what I see this game, the 4 hosts were quite opinionated, which led to compromises and some questionable decision making. Furthermore, the fact that not all the hosts were around to make the decisions combined with the varying hosting styles made the host decision making quite unpredictable, as many of the game decisions were being made by different people at different times. The hosts should make decisions collectively and work as a team, not act as separate individuals.

On a side note, I disagree with the decision to not request bans for anyone. Perhaps leniency is warranted for newer players, but for the more experienced players, I don't see any compelling reason to dismiss bans just because the game didn't turn out for the best.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
ohN
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1075 Posts
December 03 2011 07:37 GMT
#5233
Coming from somebody who plays relatively very few mafia games and is still pretty noob at it:
This game was a disaster to keep up with. Although by the nature of an 80-person game, I should've expected this, there were significantly more pages to read through than I had anticipated.

I will probably never sign up for a game this large again. It has its upsides of being crazy and massive, but I don't think it's worth all the extra work, especially for a more casual mafia player.

Oh, and, maybe it just seemed that way because town ended up playing not-so-great, but mafia had insane kp this game. (8+medic+vigi+lurkvigi?!)
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
December 03 2011 08:26 GMT
#5234
On December 03 2011 16:11 iGrok wrote:
Cyber_Cheese sent it to me the night I was at the precinct :/

I sent it to all mods :/
Regardless, it doesn't matter now
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 03 2011 09:00 GMT
#5235
I did my share of complaining and I don't think my complaints were for the most part reasonable. Regardless, I do think some of the inactive mafia should have been modkilled due to inactivity. For instance Tube hasn't posted since Nov 25th
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
December 03 2011 09:01 GMT
#5236
This game was a pretty bad experience. There was so much activity due to the huge number of players (and one guy being rude to people in nearly 600 posts) that it was really intimidating to try to keep up with as a new player. The four-day period during which I was "afk", I wouldn't have been in a smaller game; I just didn't have time to keep up with so many posts, and didn't want to post without having read everything. And then the modkills made the game completely pointless in the end.

I'm not sure that I would play another game of Mafia with you guys. It's a huge time committment, and in the end it was just a lot of stress and time invested for nothing. Maybe I'll give it another shot in a few months.

To the mods: Thanks for trying. I know this was a huge job to keep up with, and I trust you did the best you could.
The frumious Bandersnatch
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 03 2011 09:03 GMT
#5237
Intrigue, how disappointing to see you join a game, get an important role and not even bother send in your night actions
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 03 2011 09:07 GMT
#5238
On December 03 2011 18:01 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
This game was a pretty bad experience. There was so much activity due to the huge number of players (and one guy being rude to people in nearly 600 posts) that it was really intimidating to try to keep up with as a new player. The four-day period during which I was "afk", I wouldn't have been in a smaller game; I just didn't have time to keep up with so many posts, and didn't want to post without having read everything. And then the modkills made the game completely pointless in the end.

I'm not sure that I would play another game of Mafia with you guys. It's a huge time committment, and in the end it was just a lot of stress and time invested for nothing. Maybe I'll give it another shot in a few months.

To the mods: Thanks for trying. I know this was a huge job to keep up with, and I trust you did the best you could.

You should give it another try. While people being rude shouldn't generally happen, it's a game where you are forced to debate and you know some of the people are lying, which can be frustrating. These active but rude people are at least establishing their innocence and producing information and it's just a game so you don't really have to take it seriously. That is not to say we shouldn't be civilized, but I don't think it's a big issue.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2011 09:13 GMT
#5239
On December 03 2011 18:01 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
This game was a pretty bad experience. There was so much activity due to the huge number of players (and one guy being rude to people in nearly 600 posts) that it was really intimidating to try to keep up with as a new player. The four-day period during which I was "afk", I wouldn't have been in a smaller game; I just didn't have time to keep up with so many posts, and didn't want to post without having read everything. And then the modkills made the game completely pointless in the end.

I'm not sure that I would play another game of Mafia with you guys. It's a huge time committment, and in the end it was just a lot of stress and time invested for nothing. Maybe I'll give it another shot in a few months.

To the mods: Thanks for trying. I know this was a huge job to keep up with, and I trust you did the best you could.


You have to realize how bad it was from a town experience.

It was probably the worst game I've played on TL mafia.

With that said, this game isn't a good representation of what mafia here actually is like. Mod drama, people getting modkilled left and right, emotions much higher than they normally are, you get the idea.

I am known for being an aggressive player. It's just a style of play, I don't actually harbor emotions like that against people. In a game of logic, propaganda, and emotions, one can reasonably expect that all sorts of tactics will be used to try and further your side's particular agenda.

flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 03 2011 09:27 GMT
#5240
Large games just don't work any more. Even with the filter option, there is simply too much to read--especially for new players. In the future, limit games targeted at recruiting new players to under thirty. If there are a lot of people wanting to play, split the games up--see the two TL Mafia XVI games, which were hosted by Incognito and BloodyC0bbler.

Secondly, disregarding whether or not the modkill on Ace was justified, you guys (to the best of my knowledge) didn't attempt to contact any of the experienced hosts. At the very least, I didn't have any inkling that the modkill was coming, and likewise for Ver and Incognito (I doubt Foolishness or Qatol knew either). This isn't to say hosts should be expected to double-check with us over every small administrative detail. However, for something like this it's best to ask--the decision was made with rapidity and not in a unilateral fashion.

That being said, the hosts did a marvelous job otherwise. Collective town play, as stated by many, was terrible this game--and for that, the onus is on the players. The hosts spent an inordinate amount of time making sure things ran as smoothly as they could.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Prev 1 260 261 262 263 264 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 984
WardiTV792
OGKoka 259
Rex138
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
ProTech148
Rex 138
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2881
Shuttle 1728
EffOrt 897
BeSt 674
Light 412
firebathero 346
Mini 333
ZerO 282
Stork 259
Rush 244
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 241
Barracks 120
Shine 86
Zeus 85
Sea.KH 71
Killer 66
Hyun 49
sorry 42
Sexy 29
Shinee 28
ToSsGirL 28
Mong 28
Aegong 25
Bale 21
Terrorterran 21
soO 17
HiyA 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
Icarus 8
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
qojqva3115
Dendi1953
BananaSlamJamma323
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes470
Other Games
singsing2247
olofmeister1639
hiko1044
B2W.Neo810
Lowko352
Pyrionflax227
Liquid`VortiX201
Sick188
ArmadaUGS103
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream542
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• mYiSmile14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2034
• Nemesis1862
• TFBlade604
Other Games
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.