• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:56
CEST 01:56
KST 08:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6582 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 261

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 259 260 261 262 263 266 Next
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 03 2011 04:47 GMT
#5201
On December 03 2011 13:46 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 13:40 vaderseven wrote:
On December 03 2011 12:18 Hier wrote:
Vaderseven's play scary, just like I pointed out in my original post about him.


I am VERY sad I went for a gambit. I am conservate in forum mafia usually (not irc or real life) so I am thinking if I had played normal I would have gotten by for a LONG time with no pressure really.

Thanks for the comment!


Ver/Ace-

I respectfully disagree about not needing a mod kill but I come from strick forums about that kind of thing and its my opinion and feelings. I don't think it is every wrong to write a mod about your feelings in any matter but any mod choice is FINAL.

That being said I really regret the negative tone that whole thing resulted in and want to say I am sorry that action that I agreed with made you feel that negative. I truly am. I did not intend to do something offensive like that.

No dead player or non player should ever pressure a mod to do anything.

If a mod says, don't PM me about how to run my game then no player should do so.

GG till the inactives got mod killed and all.

I'll talk about the day 2 vote stuff later.

At TL you get permabanned for misspelling "strict" Now that's strick.


Thanks bro!
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
December 03 2011 04:51 GMT
#5202
Jackal, the game's done. That means you have a chance to edit your spelling mistake before I modkill you. ^_^
you gotta dance
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 03 2011 04:53 GMT
#5203
Thx for hosting this. I can only imagine how hard it must have been.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2011 04:57 GMT
#5204
wowowow.

Blue list=so much fail. This game wasn't imbalanced. Town is just...wowowow.

4 medics who didn't do anything, 4 lurker vigis...who didn't do anything. 2 detectives, who didn't do anything...

o_O
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 03 2011 04:59 GMT
#5205
On December 03 2011 13:57 wherebugsgo wrote:
wowowow.

Blue list=so much fail. This game wasn't imbalanced. Town is just...wowowow.

4 medics who didn't do anything, 4 lurker vigis...who didn't do anything. 2 detectives, who didn't do anything...

o_O


Seriously...
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 03 2011 04:59 GMT
#5206
Personally, I don't see a real reason to ban players from future games unless they were mod killed for inactivity. Thats my feelings on something I dont decide.

>_>

sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 03 2011 04:59 GMT
#5207
Wbg, I'm trying to control myself. Don't tease me pls.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 03 2011 05:00 GMT
#5208
On December 03 2011 13:57 wherebugsgo wrote:
4 medics who didn't do anything, 4 lurker vigis...who didn't do anything. 2 detectives, who didn't do anything...


LoL i hadn't read it yet but gosh dang thats hilarious.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2011 05:00 GMT
#5209
On December 03 2011 13:59 sandroba wrote:
Wbg, I'm trying to control myself. Don't tease me pls.


sandro you so sexy
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
December 03 2011 05:07 GMT
#5210
I have a question... did anyone other than Risen think I was scum?

Also, intrigue, I was flattered I was on your trust list. <3
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 03 2011 05:08 GMT
#5211
Ok, couple notes as a mod here.

A) Wiggles is a beast. Seriously. He held this game together as it was going down; between GM's internet failing and my lack of time (best friend got jailed & a spontaneously assigned 15 page paper due in a couple days), Wiggles always picked up what had to be done AND found time to write awesome flavor posts. Wiggles, you get a star in my book. Blew me away.

B) Big games are terrible. They require special balancing that is very difficult to do, and between the mod team and the balance team we could never agree on how. Personally, I think big games require large numbers of backup roles, people who activate only if someone else who has that power is killed. This helps stabilize the game through modkills, even though it punishes bluesniping.

C) I'm not good on a mod team. I have very different thoughts on how to balance a game, and even what is balanced, than anyone else here. Combine that with my personality and its just a recipe for disaster. I respect GM, Meapak, and Wiggles, but we had some strong disagreements on setup.

D) Town lost because Town blues didn't do anything. Between modkills and unsent night actions, it was just a massive derpfest. We RNG'd all roles and from the start we thought mafia looked a little weak.

Anyways, to the newbies out there (some of you looked pretty promising, ggs and please sign up for a smaller game!

iGrok out-
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 03 2011 05:13 GMT
#5212
iGrok nails it.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
December 03 2011 05:14 GMT
#5213
I actually really wanted to finish this game.

Wiggles was awesome. <3
Yeah, guys, don't let this game discourage you.

If you want somewhere smaller to play that's a lot faster (but still different) you should come to irc.globalgamers.net and join channel #mafia



It would have been awesome had not all the town been modkilled. I wanted tube modkilled but that clearly didn't happen. I don't remember ever even speaking to him after I replaced in.

<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 03 2011 05:14 GMT
#5214
Btw game was kinda balanced, town blues sucked balls unfortunatelly. Mafia kp was kinda high though.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
December 03 2011 05:23 GMT
#5215
On December 03 2011 14:14 sandroba wrote:
Btw game was kinda balanced, town blues sucked balls unfortunatelly. Mafia kp was kinda high though.


I agree with this completely.

<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
December 03 2011 05:28 GMT
#5216
On December 03 2011 14:14 sandroba wrote:
Btw game was kinda balanced, town blues sucked balls unfortunatelly. Mafia kp was kinda high though.


FUN!
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
December 03 2011 05:50 GMT
#5217
On December 03 2011 13:25 annul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 13:11 chaoser wrote:
On December 03 2011 12:10 Ace wrote:
Fuck the ban list. There hasn't been a jail built that could hold me. If I decide to play a game of Mafia here I'll hop in when and where I please. I'll even host a game while banned for my own amusement.


"You come at the King, you best not miss!"


gotta keep the devil way down in the hole


"Shame to say, though. Lack of pussy will change even a good man's demeanor."
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
December 03 2011 06:24 GMT
#5218
On a different note, I strongly feel that Risen should not be given a ban (I do not know if the mods intended him to or not, but just in case). Yes, while what he did greatly impacted the game, it is clearly obvious that it was an honest mistake (and we can be sure he won't do it again after this shenanigan). Given the circumstances, I think the mods made the right choice in modkilling him, but I do not think he should get banned for it.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 06:26:58
December 03 2011 06:26 GMT
#5219
On December 03 2011 14:07 Lanaia wrote:
I have a question... did anyone other than Risen think I was scum?


i did.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 03 2011 06:29 GMT
#5220
On December 03 2011 15:26 annul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 14:07 Lanaia wrote:
I have a question... did anyone other than Risen think I was scum?


i did.


I also thought Lanaia was scum
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 259 260 261 262 263 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 959
Artosis 613
White-Ra 123
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever544
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv187
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe124
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr101
Other Games
summit1g7935
shahzam667
JimRising 443
C9.Mang0289
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream310
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 4m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.