• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:18
CEST 08:18
KST 15:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9846 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 130

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 266 Next
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
November 28 2011 17:26 GMT
#2581
God damnit its frustrating that you did that to the point where even if you are town the gamer in me wants you mod killed just to clean the issue up.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
November 28 2011 17:26 GMT
#2582
uh i posted before you put that warning :B
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 17:28 GMT
#2583
On November 29 2011 02:25 annul wrote:
.

also, with "double lynch is not a pro town tool" i wonder what color ace happens to be. very interesting.


If you can PROVE double lynching is Pro-Town then I'm all for it. Otherwise stop talking nonsense.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
November 28 2011 17:28 GMT
#2584
Err sorry mods my phone takes a few minutes to post sorry sorry
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
November 28 2011 17:29 GMT
#2585
On November 29 2011 02:28 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 02:25 annul wrote:
.

also, with "double lynch is not a pro town tool" i wonder what color ace happens to be. very interesting.


If you can PROVE double lynching is Pro-Town then I'm all for it. Otherwise stop talking nonsense.


you should probably read the game, because i did.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 17:29 GMT
#2586
On November 29 2011 02:26 annul wrote:
and i actually agree with the modkill on ace for that. its blatant fucking cheats and ruins games and makes people quit mafia.


No one took the bait, so you can stop crying now. I merely suggested it and never even pushed it through. You are making a big deal about nothing.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 17:29 GMT
#2587
On November 29 2011 02:29 annul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 02:28 Ace wrote:
On November 29 2011 02:25 annul wrote:
.

also, with "double lynch is not a pro town tool" i wonder what color ace happens to be. very interesting.


If you can PROVE double lynching is Pro-Town then I'm all for it. Otherwise stop talking nonsense.


you should probably read the game, because i did.


No, you did not.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 28 2011 17:30 GMT
#2588
I don't know if the game is balanced, but I assume it is. I thought DTs were pretty shitty in this one given how many counter measures possibly have been put in place to stop them. I was also pissed off about vigs having only one bullet, I think it's a mistake on a game this size, but w/e.
There is a miller flip so we know one of them is there. BC's plan I still don't think it's effective or worth it, especially since we don't even know if there is a framer, even if he did mean it like that. I know for a fact that he had some sort of plan involving getting elected as mafia before the game even began. He did say he had one as town as well, but after seing it, I'll just say I'm not convinced in the slightest.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 17:34 GMT
#2589
On November 29 2011 02:30 sandroba wrote:
I don't know if the game is balanced, but I assume it is. I thought DTs were pretty shitty in this one given how many counter measures possibly have been put in place to stop them. I was also pissed off about vigs having only one bullet, I think it's a mistake on a game this size, but w/e.
There is a miller flip so we know one of them is there. BC's plan I still don't think it's effective or worth it, especially since we don't even know if there is a framer, even if he did mean it like that. I know for a fact that he had some sort of plan involving getting elected as mafia before the game even began. He did say he had one as town as well, but after seing it, I'll just say I'm not convinced in the slightest.


Ok, so we know there are just a bunch of anti-DT mechanics in the game. We also know there are 16 scum. Let's start something interesting:

It would take too long for any one Detective to confirm their sanity in this setup. Any DT that does confirm themself is also at the mercy of 8 KP from Scum. So if this is the case, is it reasonable to assume there are a lot of Detectives in the game?

As to the bolded, I was skim reading and correct me if I'm wrong but did BC have some kind of unstoppable Pro-Town plan he mentioned?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 28 2011 17:35 GMT
#2590
I just assumed we have a fuckton of vigis, banes, hatters, medics and vets on the townside, to counter the ridiculous KP amount mafia has got. All we have is our 4 double lynches, which is 4 kp. that's very, very little compared to mafia.
Computer says mafia
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 28 2011 17:40 GMT
#2591
I went through it and no. He did mention that he thought DTs were good and could have their sanity covered by day, though, but that's just not correct.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 17:40 GMT
#2592
Ok, so are we all going to agree there has to be some kind of mass Power Role setup for the Town to win this game?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 28 2011 17:41 GMT
#2593
But regarding having a lot of DTs, either we have a lot of them, not all the counter measures are in place or GM opted to not use DTs at all which makes sense since he says he hates them.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 28 2011 17:42 GMT
#2594
For it to be balanced, yes, I'd say so.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 28 2011 17:43 GMT
#2595
WBG is probably town. He has some weird reverance for palmar's abilities and wouldn't buddy this hard if he was scum (IMO). he could be scum trying to implicate palmar when he flips but wbg is not the type of player to sacrifice himself to get a good townie lynched, he thinks he is far too good for that.

The ym lynch was piss poor and it's already been discussed to death. Palmar is probably scum for the amount of shitty votes on his mayor to activating the double lynch even though he didn't want to-catering to the town because he doesn't want us to lynch him. A mayor should do what he thinks is right instead of what people that he didn't trust (syllo, annul) told him to do.

Ah well it's fine because the double lynch lets us lynch him and someone else. prplz is still scum.

##Vote Palmar
##Vote Prplz
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 28 2011 17:46 GMT
#2596
On November 29 2011 02:43 redFF wrote:

The ym lynch was piss poor and it's already been discussed to death. Palmar is probably scum for the amount of shitty votes on his mayor to activating the double lynch even though he didn't want to-catering to the town because he doesn't want us to lynch him. A mayor should do what he thinks is right instead of what people that he didn't trust (syllo, annul) told him to do.
##Vote Palmar
##Vote Prplz


I explained the YM lynch.

My alignment has nothing to do with people voting me into office.

I explained the reasoning when I changed my mind on the double lynch. clicky

Your arguments are invalid.
Computer says mafia
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
November 28 2011 17:52 GMT
#2597
I want to add to the current setup discussion, that we already have 2 dead Millers out of 10 dead people. I guess there might be even more...

Also what do you call "mass Power Roles setup"? 20 blues?
There are only 2 dead blues so far.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 17:55 GMT
#2598
On November 29 2011 02:41 sandroba wrote:
But regarding having a lot of DTs, either we have a lot of them, not all the counter measures are in place or GM opted to not use DTs at all which makes sense since he says he hates them.


There have to be Detectives in the game. There are no other information roles and too much mafia KP. Even having 16 rolecops doesn't help us enough since Mafia roles show up as Town roles also.

I think it's safe to say there have to be a lot of detectives in the game. And if that is the case, too many of them can't be paranoid or naive because that would be a massive waste of time.

I also highly doubt there are too many vigilantes. Just too many ways to deny credible information to the Town, which means there aren't enough ways to improve the accuracy of vigilante shots. Combine this with Vigilantes not being able to act Night 1, meaning they shoot when they have more information and I think there must be a way for them to get that info. The Vigis also only have ONE shot, so there has to be a way for them to get great information.

I'm thinking that a delayed claim is the best approach here. Not for Detectives and not for Vigilantes, yet. I think if this game is balanced their has to be a bunch of them floating around, with enough sane/insane detectives to give the Town a shot at winning.

This being said, I think having our Lurker Banes claim is a good idea. I think having them claim since they are a somewhat neutral role is the way to go. Instead of fighting against a massive Scum KP and talking about useless things like clues, I think it's best to advance the game with delayed/staggered role claims via groups of roles.

Thoughts?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 28 2011 17:59 GMT
#2599
On November 29 2011 02:52 supersoft wrote:
I want to add to the current setup discussion, that we already have 2 dead Millers out of 10 dead people. I guess there might be even more...

Also what do you call "mass Power Roles setup"? 20 blues?
There are only 2 dead blues so far.


I would hope not. Millers can be fun but if there are too many of them they can make it really hard on the Town. With a default 8 KP and less than 8 game days to kill off the Town, that would drop it to 6 days to kill Town since every Miller found and lynched delays the game by that much. If there are more of them, well yea you see how that goes. The other issue with them is that they are an anti-DT mechanic in a game loaded with anti-DT mechanics

So I don't think there would be too many of them in this game.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
November 28 2011 17:59 GMT
#2600
sounds reasonable. But I don't think that the lurkerbanes should claim instantly. Maybe they should claim right before they decide to kill someone. If I understood you correctly, you want them to claim asap?
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 304
sorry 65
Mind 64
Bale 33
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 725
Other Games
summit1g7877
Coldzera 722
WinterStarcraft644
C9.Mang0318
Sick153
febbydoto22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Rush1483
Other Games
• Shiphtur634
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 42m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.