• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8869 users

TL Mafia XLIV - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 121 Next
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
August 18 2011 20:54 GMT
#121
Probably just flavor text. So many new players in this game that I don't know, I hope everyone knows how to play well. Some pointers though:

1) Town should stay focused. A few talking points should dominate a day cycle but never so many that it's basically everyone posting suspicions on everyone else, leading to "post-by-post analysis" of 5+ people. A disorganized town is a plus for the mafia.

2) Don't rely on power roles. Assume we have none and go from there.

3) Personally I like a bit of civility but I do understand some people like to be aggressive and it has it's uses. But let's keep the atmosphere positive instead of negative. Negative atmosphere will be detrimental to town play and at the end of the day that isn't good.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
August 18 2011 21:01 GMT
#122
On August 19 2011 05:51 Mig wrote:
Kurumi are you going to be useful or troll kurumi this game?

Let's play a game. You win, I don't, You lose, I do.
You are in a room. It has thick, cold and bare walls. One of them is made of unbreakable glass. There is a sandvich and bonk! energy drink behind it. You are very thirsty and very hungry. You have a crowbar, flamethrower and 30 pieces of shuriken. What do You do to get the food?
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 18 2011 21:01 GMT
#123
/confirm

Are PMs allowed? (time for me to reread the OP)
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
August 18 2011 21:02 GMT
#124
On August 19 2011 06:01 wherebugsgo wrote:
/confirm

Are PMs allowed? (time for me to reread the OP)

I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
August 18 2011 21:05 GMT
#125
On August 19 2011 06:01 Kurumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 05:51 Mig wrote:
Kurumi are you going to be useful or troll kurumi this game?

Let's play a game. You win, I don't, You lose, I do.
You are in a room. It has thick, cold and bare walls. One of them is made of unbreakable glass. There is a sandvich and bonk! energy drink behind it. You are very thirsty and very hungry. You have a crowbar, flamethrower and 30 pieces of shuriken. What do You do to get the food?

Put a dollar in the machine and push the right buttons.
Life can only kill you once.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 18 2011 21:07 GMT
#126
On August 19 2011 06:01 wherebugsgo wrote:
/confirm

Are PMs allowed? (time for me to reread the OP)


PM's are NOT allowed ^_^
Moderator
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
August 18 2011 21:10 GMT
#127
If there are corrupted liquidians does the town need to kill them to win?
Moderator
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
August 18 2011 21:10 GMT
#128
sup jackal, long time no see ^_^ What do you think about Lucidity and Curu? Just trying to get conversation started or something more sinister?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 18 2011 21:13 GMT
#129
On August 19 2011 06:10 Mig wrote:
If there are corrupted liquidians does the town need to kill them to win?

No, town wins when there is no mafia left, the corrupted liquidians count as regular liquidians for all intents and purposes. except for their modified wincondition.
Moderator
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
August 18 2011 21:16 GMT
#130
On August 19 2011 06:10 chaoser wrote:
sup jackal, long time no see ^_^ What do you think about Lucidity and Curu? Just trying to get conversation started or something more sinister?

Curu trying to start a convo on a Day post hiccup that GMarshall wasn't going to let go on. No biggy there I don't think. Lucidity is obviously a student of Kenpachi.
Life can only kill you once.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
August 18 2011 21:30 GMT
#131
Mig, I am giving You 30 more minutes.

Enjoy.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
August 18 2011 21:40 GMT
#132
Kurumi I would use the flamethrower to melt the floor and then dig into the food room with my crowbar.
Moderator
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
August 18 2011 21:44 GMT
#133
On August 19 2011 06:40 Mig wrote:
Kurumi I would use the flamethrower to melt the floor and then dig into the food room with my crowbar.

www.dramabutton.com
Flamethrower has no ammo!
You could just use the door, You know.
Don't worry. I will give You a second chance.. till that I will play quite.. normal?
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
August 18 2011 21:44 GMT
#134
Morning all!

Do Overly Inquisitive Liquidites act like Mafia 38 nosy neighbours and only visit people who are targeted for death, or do they visit anyone at all?

This voting system is unfamiliar to me. The ability to stop a lynch going through appears much easier for Mafia than normal, they don't even need to vote for another strong candidate, throwaway votes will do. Keep an eye on people not voting for a major candidate without a very good reason.

I propose that we never let a "no lynch" happen. The lynch is our primary KP, having no lynch for a night is basically giving extra shots for the Mafia. I propose that if it looks like a tied or no lynch is going through, we force people to switch so that someone dies.

For a no lynch to be a possibility, there would have to be 2 close candidates. Even with a switch of 2 or so votes, we have enough information from before the switch for analysis, regardless of the flip. The problem I see is how do we determine who swaps? And how long before deadline do we leave it?

Thoughts?
Sucker for nostalgia
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 21:49:46
August 18 2011 21:49 GMT
#135
On August 19 2011 06:44 DropBear wrote:

Do Overly Inquisitive Liquidites act like Mafia 38 nosy neighbours and only visit people who are targeted for death, or do they visit anyone at all?


They are really inquisitive, they may visit anyone at all
Moderator
Trotske
Profile Joined August 2010
410 Posts
August 18 2011 21:55 GMT
#136
On August 19 2011 06:44 DropBear wrote:
Morning all!

Do Overly Inquisitive Liquidites act like Mafia 38 nosy neighbours and only visit people who are targeted for death, or do they visit anyone at all?

This voting system is unfamiliar to me. The ability to stop a lynch going through appears much easier for Mafia than normal, they don't even need to vote for another strong candidate, throwaway votes will do. Keep an eye on people not voting for a major candidate without a very good reason.

I propose that we never let a "no lynch" happen. The lynch is our primary KP, having no lynch for a night is basically giving extra shots for the Mafia. I propose that if it looks like a tied or no lynch is going through, we force people to switch so that someone dies.

For a no lynch to be a possibility, there would have to be 2 close candidates. Even with a switch of 2 or so votes, we have enough information from before the switch for analysis, regardless of the flip. The problem I see is how do we determine who swaps? And how long before deadline do we leave it?

Thoughts?



A no -lynch can be helpful late game when no obv scum are present. also I don't think people who don't vote for the person with the most votes should be Fos just because they didn't vote for someone but only if they don't give good reasons for there vote.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
August 18 2011 21:55 GMT
#137
/confirm
Munk-E
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States672 Posts
August 18 2011 21:56 GMT
#138
On August 19 2011 05:27 Curu wrote:
So, what thought process goes on in your head when you decide to claim Vanilla Townie with your first post?

HE'S DEFENDING HIMSELF! LYNCH HIM!
I kid, I kid.

/confirm BTW
You recognise me because of my signature!
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
August 18 2011 21:57 GMT
#139
On August 19 2011 06:56 Munk-E wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 05:27 Curu wrote:
So, what thought process goes on in your head when you decide to claim Vanilla Townie with your first post?

HE'S DEFENDING HIMSELF! LYNCH HIM!
I kid, I kid.

/confirm BTW

Yay Munk-E! I think You played very well in my game! Any thoughts on setup? The worst role for Town in hands of scum?
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 18 2011 21:59 GMT
#140
This side of Kurumi scares me...

No lynch should never happen except in certain cases at mylo.
wat
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 211
SpeCial 135
ViBE97
Nathanias 66
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12169
Rain 1521
GuemChi 976
Artosis 672
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever407
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox849
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g6480
shahzam714
WinterStarcraft480
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0323
Trikslyr52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick739
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta21
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur292
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 37m
INu's Battles
10h 37m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 37m
OSC
21h 52m
Replay Cast
22h 37m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.