• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8637 users

Pick Your Power Insane! - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 105 Next
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 18 2011 21:03 GMT
#881
Oh, and at the people saying they are disappointed at my play/inactivity so far, all I can say is my bad yo. I thought I was set up for a research position but then the NIH was like no more funding for you lawl! and cut grants so I've been scrambling to find research positions. I think I did pretty well on my interviews so I'll have more time now that I'm not so busy anymore. (Though I might only be posting intermittently on Saturday since I will be going to my undergrad to see my underclassmen graduate.)
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
May 18 2011 22:09 GMT
#882
Make sure all your actions are into me by 11 pm CST (1 hour earlier than last night).
Liquipedia
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 18 2011 22:37 GMT
#883
all this switching of time zones is confusing, what is that in EDT? x_x
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 18 2011 22:38 GMT
#884
On May 18 2011 19:57 Radfield wrote:
Bumatlarge. Where were you(I don't mean this literally)? You vehemently defended Kavdragon early on, but completely disappeared for 6 hours, despite the heat growing considerably on him, only to pop in 1 minute after the day post to apologize. You never once pushed for Barundar, a player who was a viable alternative to Kav.

Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 14:25 bumatlarge wrote:
Are you guys honestly trying to pin this as kav's fault? You guys are all awful, Im 100x better then all of you. Excuse me while I net us some scum.

No need to be aggressive when you did so little to stop it from happening. In other news, I look forward to you netting us scum.


I was playing Terraria, when I looked at the clock it was too late blame the game! I would have just said this a different way.

On May 17 2011 20:40 bumatlarge wrote:
Haha kavdragon as a suspect again because hes trying too hard, thats funny guys havent heard that before. Lynch him later sure, when a case has been built up and he has added to his crimes. When it becomes apparent that he should be the target the next day, because we dont have a completely different bag of fish to fry. If you lynch him now because he's trying too hard like he has FOR THE PAST 5 FUCKING GAMES AS TOWN, I WILL BLOW A FUCKING NUT.


And this happens exactly as I say. Sorry I wasn't around to vehemently call people stupid to the point where I would probably get banned. It's good though, because maybe I won't get shot yet, and I still won't get lynched. Not gonna comment on checking me, because thats up to the DTs.

The only hard part is figuring out who is scum and who is just being plain awful. GM for instance. Geez man you better then anyone should have seen the Kav thing coming. Oh well. Let's see what night brings us.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
May 18 2011 22:39 GMT
#885
On May 19 2011 07:37 chaoser wrote:
all this switching of time zones is confusing, what is that in EDT? x_x


Midnight. I've always been in CST. Here's the time setting, though I'm not 100% if it's working properly -_- 04:00 GMT (+00:00)


Liquipedia
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 18 2011 22:39 GMT
#886
Yesterday there were 8 people on hopeless lynch candidates with 2 votes or less. The lynch was decided by one vote. I would like to hear from some of these people on why they felt their vote should be thrown away. Not surprisingly, most of these people also lurked pretty hard on day one.

deconduo, Fishball, Kurumi, Eiii, Mr. Wiggles, Scamp, OriginalName, tnkted

Also, there should be more discussion about the inventor. We shouldn't give free reign to the power roles to do whatever they feel like. So far the two most popular suggestions have been bulletproof vests and vote checking kits. If a vote checking kit was to be created, town should inform which group to use it on so we don't have overlap. Like I said before, no ambiguous names should be tolerated. If we see a "potato" in the night post rather than "A bomb that only blows up when given to mafia", then the inventor should be strongly considered as a lynch candidate.

P.S. Deconduo is pretty much confirmed anti-town (VI or scum). Someone shoot him tonight.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 18 2011 23:03 GMT
#887
So, why has decon been playing strangely? To catch scum. Here's the fun thing, townies will think I could be scum or VI, whereas mafia would think I'm almost certainly VI. They know I can't be mafia and that is their downfall.

If you look at the people pushing for me to get lynched I would guess its nearly all townies. Mafia would want someone else lynched as lynching me doesn't help them at all. They would be pushing for me to get shot during the night.

I would be pretty sure from how he reacted that kitaman is mafia. I'd be suspicious of FW and Chezinu, and maybe Dreamflower. Kavdragon and Node are almost certainly town. Maybe Eiii as well.


For reference, I attempted to pick Bulletproof but it was already taken. I feel like this information benefits mafia more than town, but as people are pushing for me to reveal it...
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 18 2011 23:10 GMT
#888
On May 19 2011 08:03 deconduo wrote:
So, why has decon been playing strangely? To catch scum. Here's the fun thing, townies will think I could be scum or VI, whereas mafia would think I'm almost certainly VI. They know I can't be mafia and that is their downfall.

If you look at the people pushing for me to get lynched I would guess its nearly all townies. Mafia would want someone else lynched as lynching me doesn't help them at all. They would be pushing for me to get shot during the night.

I would be pretty sure from how he reacted that kitaman is mafia. I'd be suspicious of FW and Chezinu, and maybe Dreamflower. Kavdragon and Node are almost certainly town. Maybe Eiii as well.


For reference, I attempted to pick Bulletproof but it was already taken. I feel like this information benefits mafia more than town, but as people are pushing for me to reveal it...


Another troll post. Pew Pew.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 18 2011 23:11 GMT
#889
On May 19 2011 08:10 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 08:03 deconduo wrote:
So, why has decon been playing strangely? To catch scum. Here's the fun thing, townies will think I could be scum or VI, whereas mafia would think I'm almost certainly VI. They know I can't be mafia and that is their downfall.

If you look at the people pushing for me to get lynched I would guess its nearly all townies. Mafia would want someone else lynched as lynching me doesn't help them at all. They would be pushing for me to get shot during the night.

I would be pretty sure from how he reacted that kitaman is mafia. I'd be suspicious of FW and Chezinu, and maybe Dreamflower. Kavdragon and Node are almost certainly town. Maybe Eiii as well.


For reference, I attempted to pick Bulletproof but it was already taken. I feel like this information benefits mafia more than town, but as people are pushing for me to reveal it...


Another troll post. Pew Pew.


Because you couldn't be bothered to actually read it? GJ scum.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 18 2011 23:20 GMT
#890
If you look at the people pushing for me to get lynched I would guess its nearly all townies. Mafia would want someone else lynched as lynching me doesn't help them at all. They would be pushing for me to get shot during the night.


wut lol. How does that make sense at all? Why wouldn't lynching you help mafia? That's a whole day wasted + night actions for them? They don't care if a townie is lynched or if a VI is lynched? Obviously they prefer the townie/blue role over the VI but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter? Like kita said, fail post ;_;
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 18 2011 23:26 GMT
#891
So if anyone has multiple KP and is unsure of who to hit, deconduo is an obvious choice
Together but separate, like oatmeal
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 18 2011 23:39 GMT
#892
Morale of the story:
Don't bother trying anything fancy because people are stupid and won't believe you.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
May 18 2011 23:41 GMT
#893
On May 19 2011 08:26 bumatlarge wrote:
So if anyone has multiple KP and is unsure of who to hit, deconduo is an obvious choice



Hold the phone. Decon claims to have taken bulletproof and missed. Bulletproof is almost useless for a mafia player, and there are wayyy more other pro-town roles that also benefit mafia hugely, while still looking pro-town. I don't see an anti-town player drafting for Bulletproof, hopefully we can mainly agree on that. It's possible, but would be a really bad play.

There are 18 players below Decon, and I bet at least one of them went after Bulletproof. If someone else drafted it, then they will call him out.

Assuming Decon is town, it also gives every player above him a modicum of protection from mafia tonight.

As a general note on using a bunch of KP night 1. This is a terrible idea. Mostly for the obvious reason that the amount of info we have will skyrocket after our first mafia kill, and as the game goes on. But also, there are multiple roles in this game which allow players to avoid lynches, in the event this happens, town really needs some KP to deal with it.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
May 18 2011 23:48 GMT
#894

Also, there should be more discussion about the inventor. We shouldn't give free reign to the power roles to do whatever they feel like. So far the two most popular suggestions have been bulletproof vests and vote checking kits. If a vote checking kit was to be created, town should inform which group to use it on so we don't have overlap. Like I said before, no ambiguous names should be tolerated. If we see a "potato" in the night post rather than "A bomb that only blows up when given to mafia", then the inventor should be strongly considered as a lynch candidate.


Agreed. Inventor(Scamp) needs to create one or the other in my mind. Obviously if he's mafia he will just give it to his buddy. Given that, a vote-checker is much more useless to mafia than a Bulletproof vest. So, lets see a vote-checking kit tonight.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 19 2011 00:00 GMT
#895
I still think a bomb that must be passed every 12 hours and explodes when held by mafia but not by town is a good thing. :p

That'll find mafia for sure, and kill them too.

Also, "Vote-checking Kit" is still ambiguous. For all we know, it will check vote-lists and tell mafia how many people with roles voted to help them snipe.

I say we put in a policy where the person who received the inventor item must claim that they did so, so we can keep them accountable. That way, if they feed us false information, we can do something about it.
you gotta dance
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 19 2011 00:01 GMT
#896
More telling is that apparently someone above Decon took Bulletproof. I can't really see anyone that high taking that role.
Cheese is good for you!
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 19 2011 00:03 GMT
#897
What's that Mr. Wiggles? Was my 'mafia-seeking missile' not a good enough idea?
Cheese is good for you!
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 19 2011 00:06 GMT
#898
On May 19 2011 09:03 Scamp wrote:
What's that Mr. Wiggles? Was my 'mafia-seeking missile' not a good enough idea?


How's that work?

Also, this would clear townies too, because if they hold it and it doesn't blow up, then they're not mafia (or at least narrowed down to GF or cover).

It's balanced because a framed townie will explode, if a player holds it too long they'll explode, and if a player dies holding it, the bomb is lost.

Also, EXPLOSIONS.
you gotta dance
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
May 19 2011 00:09 GMT
#899
On May 19 2011 09:00 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
I still think a bomb that must be passed every 12 hours and explodes when held by mafia but not by town is a good thing. :p

That'll find mafia for sure, and kill them too.

Also, "Vote-checking Kit" is still ambiguous. For all we know, it will check vote-lists and tell mafia how many people with roles voted to help them snipe.

I say we put in a policy where the person who received the inventor item must claim that they did so, so we can keep them accountable. That way, if they feed us false information, we can do something about it.



That's still a moderately useless item for mafia to have. Remember, it's only a one use item(I assume).

Also, what would you name your bomb that could be unambiguous. Assuming Ver would allow an item like that, obviously it would be great.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 19 2011 00:16 GMT
#900
Mafia-sniffing bomb, mafia-sensitive proximity bomb or something like that, I'd assume.

For vote-checker, just name it mafia-vote checker, then it becomes unambiguous. Just "vote checker" only tells us that it checks votes, not what.

I'd write it so the bomb remains in play until it explodes, or is lost. It can be passed freely with no limit on passes. It's one-use, because its use is to explode mafia.
you gotta dance
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 462
Bale 36
Dota 2
monkeys_forever484
League of Legends
Doublelift4239
Other Games
summit1g9688
JimRising 494
ViBE235
Livibee186
KnowMe170
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1302
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 22m
Patches Events
14h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 22m
OSC
22h 22m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.