Read the last three Pick Your Power Mafia games here, here, and here to get familiar with how this setup works.
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
Flamewheel is NOT cohosting.
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.
You must post in this thread once per every 24 hours and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled. If you are obviously trying to skirt the modkill requirement, you will be modkilled. In short, be active, contribute and nobody gets hurt. If you have to miss a 24 hour or more period, please inform me ahead of time and there won't be a problem. If you are really active and you happen to miss a vote, no big deal. This rule is in place to punish those who are not really even in the game. You will be given one warning before any modkill happens.
Smurfs must PM the host because TL doesn't allow multiple accounts otherwise. If the host is unaware of smurfs, you (and/or your smurf) can be banned for having multiple accounts.
On the off chance that anyone wants to account share, please let me know and it will be allowed. Any account sharing will be made public knowledge.
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. Do not discuss Proleague here. Do not talk about Starcraft II here. Play Mafia here. I will be extremely strict on any spammers. You do not need to have 250-400 posts by night 2. Think before you post and aim for a larger post than 3-5 small ones in succession. If you have a problem with anyone's excessive posting, please pm me and they will be warned. Second infraction gets a modkill. Let's keep this thread readable.
I will take a harsh stand on posts that are over the top in insulting players, excessive swearing, etc. Keep a good atmosphere.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. This is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting if absolutely necessary. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host before involving the TL staff. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally.
Play to win.
You have been warned.
1. Voting is done (in a separate thread, located here). You must vote there in order to for the vote to be counted, but please vote in both threads. Do not PM me your vote. Please vote in both the voting thread and in the main thread, but keep in mind only voting thread votes will count.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote Qatol. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may not vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins (or loses).
6. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
This game is open to anyone. Priority is given to some players over others. There is not currently a set player limit, I will see how the signups go and judge from there. If you wish, specify what size of game you would prefer.
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment.
There are no clues.
PMs are not allowed in this game.
This game will follow a 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is 04:00 GMT (+00:00), but that is subject to change.
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer.
Thanks to everyone who helped balance this game. Special thanks to Ace for the PYP format!
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!