• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:17
CEST 08:17
KST 15:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8703 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 32

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 273 Next
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 20:11 GMT
#621
Chaoser mentioned he would sheep town on the mayoral vote - I personally cannot support a mayor that would leave anything up to chance, even an election.


Woah woah, I didn't say I'd sheep town. I said I'd allow for a town vote which most people said instead of being a cowboy and just picking my own. The reason is to be as transparent as possible.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 20:14 GMT
#622
My opinion of the situation is this:

I will vote bum. If someone cc's him, I will keep running and not vote him.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 24 2011 20:16 GMT
#623
On March 25 2011 05:11 Tackster wrote:
Sorry Coagulation I may have misread this:

Show nested quote +
Coagulation United States. March 24 2011 13:24. Posts 4432

wait what if theres no counter claim to you bum because the blues just got a green townie PM like the rest of us?


yeah i was initially skeptical. but it looks likes hes telling the truth now.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:18 GMT
#624
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=8419078

Chaoser in the previous you said:

chaoser United States. March 24 2011 13:01. Posts 2183

I will follow town's vote.
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 24 2011 20:22 GMT
#625
I think annul is just paranoid, and I don't blame him considering it's insane. You don't have to vote me if you don't believe me, just provide a better option. I think Kavdragon is clearly the next best thing.

And yes, I will be putting lots of analysis together of course.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 20:25 GMT
#626
On March 25 2011 05:18 Tackster wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=8419078

Chaoser in the previous you said:

Show nested quote +
chaoser United States. March 24 2011 13:01. Posts 2183

I will follow town's vote.


Do you mean in the previous game? People who didn't play in other games don't have any context for quotes like that, you shouldn't be bringing that in.

Do you mean this game? I haven't seen him say what you posted at all.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 20:26 GMT
#627
take me off bum's vote list for now, i'm going to wait before i commit to anything.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 20:27 GMT
#628
er, that's the wrong link. And I meant in my statement, I thought it was clear, that I would not pick my own lynch but rather follow the town's vote. That doesn't mean, however, that I won't give my own input and analysis. Sheeping is generally when you're just like ok, lets just vote him, without backing up your own decision. If I think the person being lynched isn't the best choice I'll say it. That being said, I want to be transparent as someone else brought up and so I will go with the vote of the town. If I just said I will weight everything and then lynch who I think is best, that doesn't tell town anything about that first round of voting.

Let's say I'm red and that's the platform I'm running on. Two players are both being argued about. One is mafia, one is town. If I lynch the town, what does that say about anyone's arguments for or against the two? Nothing, red could just argue that we should lynch mafia strongly cause they know at the end of the day I wouldn't lynch him. Having a vote ties your argument to an actual piece of information. I can argue all day long for someone but if I don't vote for him, that's pretty scummy.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:27 GMT
#629
EBWOP: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=8419606 is the actual link.

I apologise for my noob-ish-nessy-osity,,,
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 20:29 GMT
#630
On March 25 2011 05:27 Tackster wrote:
EBWOP: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=8419606 is the actual link.

I apologise for my noob-ish-nessy-osity,,,


Okay, sorry, I thought you were making something up.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:31 GMT
#631
Chaoser I thought you meant you were gonna vote who town votes for the election - not the lynch.

So I retract the accusation of sheeping.

However I do believe that voting yourself rather than leaving it up to town is very important. With a self decided vote we have a chance at killing the bad guys based on your skills (even if your mafia the chance of hitting town d1 are high and so not much lost). If instead you leave it up to town we're no longer letting skills decide but persuasive power.

Again I'd rather rely on your skills and hope you're not mafia then fight the mafia's conniving ability to affect votes!
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 24 2011 20:39 GMT
#632
Tackster, note that I'm vote for Bum conditional to a good CC (obviously a half-assed cc I'll just laugh at). If so, I'll probably vote chaoser.

But a blue mouth with longevity would be really useful to have. So even if there is a CC, I propose we lynch the CCer first, and then bum if the CC flips blue. I mean its been long enough that any CC has to be doubtful, right?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 24 2011 20:40 GMT
#633
@ annul: if you think for one second that a team of black would give up ALL 4 members in order to out 4 blues (and possibly kill 1), and completely throw away their chances of winning, during which they give red a significant advantage, then you're out of your mind. They have different winning conditions (reds and blacks), so the only teams that would want to work together is greens and blues.

I like that Tackster is being methodical about this, but I will say it right now, if there are no counter-claims, I'll be highly suspicious of anyone who keeps claiming that picking bum is a bad idea. In fact, it's such a GOOD idea I was actually going over the rules a few times to make sure there's no slip from the mod that would allow a confirmed townie to get picked as mayor.

While I do admit that the blue team MIGHT be a bunch of afk-ers or too dumb to counter-claim (sorry, but it's true), you all must accept that that's a very small possibility.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
March 24 2011 20:41 GMT
#634
Alright. Right now i'm in favor of voting Bum, however, with the possibility of a counter-claim scenario where we'd want to elect a different mayor in mind, i fear for the future of town with the current candidates, with Chaoser being the only one guaranteeing the day 1 lynch to be decided by voting.
And considering that, from what i've seen, Chaoser is way to impulsive (not sure if that's the word, i mean letting emotions cloud your clear thinking) and arrogant/proud, i don't trust him as a Mayor.

Therefore, i'm going to make myself a candidate aswell.

- I'm going to decide day 1 lynch by everyone getting 1 vote (obviously including myself), exactly how a normal lynch would go.
- I will continue to speak my mind and do the analysis i always do (a person-by-person analysis taking into account everything said regarding/by them).
- I will not give my vote to RoL blindly.

I realize that i'm rather unknown on TL Mafia, and that DF mafia made me look like a fucking moron the way i let myself get played, but that will NOT happen again.
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
March 24 2011 20:42 GMT
#635
On March 25 2011 05:40 CubEdIn wrote:
@ annul: if you think for one second that a team of black would give up ALL 4 members in order to out 4 blues (and possibly kill 1), and completely throw away their chances of winning, during which they give red a significant advantage, then you're out of your mind. They have different winning conditions (reds and blacks), so the only teams that would want to work together is greens and blues.

I like that Tackster is being methodical about this, but I will say it right now, if there are no counter-claims, I'll be highly suspicious of anyone who keeps claiming that picking bum is a bad idea. In fact, it's such a GOOD idea I was actually going over the rules a few times to make sure there's no slip from the mod that would allow a confirmed townie to get picked as mayor.

While I do admit that the blue team MIGHT be a bunch of afk-ers or too dumb to counter-claim (sorry, but it's true), you all must accept that that's a very small possibility.


Did you even read his post? His worries are more Bum being red then black. He realizes that for black this'd be suicide.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 24 2011 20:44 GMT
#636
Oh, almost forgot:

I'm pretty much impervious to flames and hate getting into grudge arguments so use logic or state your case but don't bother to emotionally manipulate me, i'll just take it as scummy.


Shut up, you're ugly!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 24 2011 20:46 GMT
#637
On March 25 2011 05:42 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 05:40 CubEdIn wrote:
@ annul: if you think for one second that a team of black would give up ALL 4 members in order to out 4 blues (and possibly kill 1), and completely throw away their chances of winning, during which they give red a significant advantage, then you're out of your mind. They have different winning conditions (reds and blacks), so the only teams that would want to work together is greens and blues.

I like that Tackster is being methodical about this, but I will say it right now, if there are no counter-claims, I'll be highly suspicious of anyone who keeps claiming that picking bum is a bad idea. In fact, it's such a GOOD idea I was actually going over the rules a few times to make sure there's no slip from the mod that would allow a confirmed townie to get picked as mayor.

While I do admit that the blue team MIGHT be a bunch of afk-ers or too dumb to counter-claim (sorry, but it's true), you all must accept that that's a very small possibility.


Did you even read his post? His worries are more Bum being red then black. He realizes that for black this'd be suicide.


Oh right, and it's MUCH better for reds to lose 4 people, get left with 2 against 4 blacks who are bulletproof + town, assuming they would even be able to kill the four blues who will obviously be defended by medics.
You're right, it MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE FOR RED!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 20:46 GMT
#638
On March 25 2011 05:40 CubEdIn wrote:
@ annul: if you think for one second that a team of black would give up ALL 4 members in order to out 4 blues (and possibly kill 1), and completely throw away their chances of winning, during which they give red a significant advantage, then you're out of your mind. They have different winning conditions (reds and blacks), so the only teams that would want to work together is greens and blues.

I like that Tackster is being methodical about this, but I will say it right now, if there are no counter-claims, I'll be highly suspicious of anyone who keeps claiming that picking bum is a bad idea. In fact, it's such a GOOD idea I was actually going over the rules a few times to make sure there's no slip from the mod that would allow a confirmed townie to get picked as mayor.

While I do admit that the blue team MIGHT be a bunch of afk-ers or too dumb to counter-claim (sorry, but it's true), you all must accept that that's a very small possibility.

I'm going to sit on my vote until role PMs are sent out.
I did Bum a disservice confusing him with play from XXXVII that wasn't his. But I'm still concerned about voting a mayor that let his alignment slip that easily.
Life can only kill you once.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:54 GMT
#639
CubEdIn Romania. March 25 2011 05:44. Posts 4069

Oh, almost forgot:

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm pretty much impervious to flames and hate getting into grudge arguments so use logic or state your case but don't bother to emotionally manipulate me, i'll just take it as scummy.



Shut up, you're ugly!


/add_to_scum_list CubEdin :ays

Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 24 2011 20:54 GMT
#640
Ok, so here's my thoughts on the mayorship:

For me, this is really between Kav and bum.

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out how much I want to trust bum's blue claim. So far, he is uncontested, which possibly bodes well for him being a true blue. However, as others have stated, and I've been considering, there is still the possibility of his being scum, even with no counterclaim. It really comes down to the likelihood of Blues wanting to make a 1-1 trade so early in the game, and before roles have even been given. I am assuming, since everyone will have a power, that blues will be much stronger than greens. There is also a disparity between the number of powerful town roles (Blues) and scum in this game, and while I personally feel analysis is a far stronger tool, most of the TL towns I've been in have been reverent of Blue's power, often to the point of reliance (Eg: XXXV). So just applying metagame, it seems unusual a blue would be willing to put himself out there so quickly and prominently.

I see this either as a power move by the blues (as most people are assuming), or as a cunning play by scum. A lot of my suspicion comes from timing. Bum claimed before night 0 is over, and I would have trusted it a lot more if it was on Day 1, as he would have his role already. For example, bum could be scum, but conceivably a blue wouldn't bother to contest him until they get their roles, so they can use the weakest combination of role/player on their team to out him, which makes it harder for them, considering the amount of time bum has been uncontested, which can also be used for a WIFOM argument from him.

Kav on the other hand, has no real assurances that he is not scum. So far, his posting has seemed pro-town, but he hasn't really expounded on any of his views besides that he wants to stay alive to analyze and direct the town. I've had first-hand experience with him as mayor, working closely with him in XXXVI, so I know that he is a very capable and active player. Before I'd vote for him though, I'd need to hear more about what he'd do Day 1 lynch, and what other things he'd try to do with his longevity.

So, in short, I feel both Bum and Kav would make good mayors. Kav based on personal experience with him, and Bum on the condition of being blue. I'm still trying to evaluate the likelihood of a Night 0 blue claim though, because I really don't like the timing, and would like to see if there are counterclaims Day 1. Hopefully if Bum isn't blue, someone would eventually counterclaim, because blues wouldn't want to let scum become mayor. I also don't think the lack of Night 0 counterclaims really strengthens his claim in any way, because as I've said, blues probably wouldn't counterclaim until Day 1 anyways, when they can make a much better choice of counterclaiming player.
you gotta dance
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1100
910 109
Hyun 74
NotJumperer 52
Bale 34
sorry 18
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto234
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King145
Other Games
summit1g7342
Coldzera 732
WinterStarcraft401
C9.Mang0289
PiGStarcraft201
NeuroSwarm115
ceh938
ViBE25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2221
League of Legends
• Rush1108
• Lourlo1026
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 43m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.